Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are winning the NATTY in football and basketball

+14
InTenSity
Giant Moose
xsanguine
tanfan!
steveschneider
The_Dude
CORNER BLITZ
SpartanInNH
Travis of the Cosmos
Sparty on brah!
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We are winning the NATTY in football and basketball - Page 2 Empty Re: We are winning the NATTY in football and basketball

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-12, 23:38

I'm worried our secondary is going to get exposed again this year. Offense will be fine.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

We are winning the NATTY in football and basketball - Page 2 Empty Re: We are winning the NATTY in football and basketball

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-12, 23:48

Tanfan! wrote:I'm worried our secondary is going to get exposed again this year. Offense will be fine.

If they're just serviceable our trenches will make it a bit easier for them.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-13, 00:06

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Is he even American?  I know he is of the Cosmos, but beyond that, I have no idea.  

He seems kind of French.
Has a French person ever even been in space? Jesus fucking Christ turtleneck. Tighten your shit up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-13, 06:37

xsanguine wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:I'm worried our secondary is going to get exposed again this year. Offense will be fine.

If they're just serviceable our trenches will make it a bit easier for them.

I think you underestimate them. Cox and Williamson will be above average. Nicholson is going to be special. We really just need to cover 1 spot and I've got faith enough in Barnett/Dantonio to believe that's not going to be an issue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-13, 08:40

The secondary is easily good enough to win 11 of the 12 games since Oregon no longer has what they had last year.

The hardest game will obviously be November 21 at Ohio State, and I'm hoping playing tOSU so late in the year will allow us to fix any growing pains that may exist early on.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-13, 08:43

Giant Moose wrote:
The secondary is easily good enough to win 11 of the 12 games since Oregon no longer has what they had last year.

The hardest game will obviously be November 21 at Ohio State, and I'm hoping playing tOSU so late in the year will allow us to fix any growing pains that may exist early on.

Someone had Oregon as preseason #5 and MSU as #6. Not sure what they are bringing back, but kind of hard to believe they would be top 10 without Mariotta.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-13, 12:00

Drummond was a step slow at safety it seemed.

Nicholson, Williamson, and Cox form a very fast and athletic starting 3. I hope that Copeland nabs the other CB spot because he's a top athlete too but we will see.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-13, 12:01

If you believe we are only as strong as our weakest link, our secondary should be better because Hicks was real bad last year even though Waynes was a stud.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-13, 12:02

What about UofM and their 8 quarter backs? How do you game plan for 8 quarter backs?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-13, 13:02

steveschneider wrote:What about UofM and their 8 quarter backs? How do you game plan for 8 quarter backs?

Like Bob, I only care about Michigan State.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-13, 13:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What about UofM and their 8 quarter backs? How do you game plan for 8 quarter backs?

Like Bob, I only care about Michigan State.
this..

sports play a very important role in my life.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-13, 13:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:sports play a very important role in my life.
Bob, given your enthusiasm for all things MSU, message boards, and sports, can you please return to tRCMB and kiss the Spartan Tailgate logo?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-13, 13:28

Giant Moose wrote:
Bob, given your enthusiasm for all things MSU, message boards, and sports, can you please return to tRCMB and kiss the Spartan Tailgate logo?
'sup, dude..

while I appreciate your invitation, it's not my scene. I prefer to be able to be actively engaged in the freedom of thought and speech for all Spartans - not just the ones who expect you to submit to a bizarre form of mind control while being subjected to the thought police.

that said, you're a great American and a damn fine Spartan. I'm happy to see you here.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-13, 13:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
while I appreciate your invitation, it's not my scene. I prefer to be able to be actively engaged in the freedom of thought and speech for all Spartans - not just the ones who expect you to submit to a bizarre form of mind control while being subjected to the thought police.

that said, you're a great American and a damn fine Spartan. I'm happy to see you here.

That's disappointing. I was really hoping to see you on tRCMB wearing a Swill shirt while we all celebrated you for being you. It could have been the start of a great tradition where ex-posters could be welcomed back.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-13, 13:33

Giant Moose wrote:

This sounds like when Byrd came back and kissed the spartan helmet while he was on another team. Awkward. Don't do it Bob.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-13, 13:35

Giant Moose wrote:

This sounds like when Byrd came back and kissed the spartan helmet while he was on another team. Awkward. Don't do it Bob.
no need to worry, dude.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-13, 13:35

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That's disappointing. I was really hoping to see you on tRCMB wearing a Swill shirt while we all celebrated you for being you. It could have been the start of a great tradition where ex-posters could be welcomed back.
We are winning the NATTY in football and basketball - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-13, 13:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This sounds like when Byrd came back and kissed the spartan helmet while he was on another team. Awkward. Don't do it Bob.
Let it go, OTPT. That was a great moment in MSU basketball history. I think I would put it #2 above the 2000 basketball championship but just below Magic's 1979 title.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-13, 14:00

Giant Moose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This sounds like when Byrd came back and kissed the spartan helmet while he was on another team. Awkward. Don't do it Bob.
Let it go, OTPT. That was a great moment in MSU basketball history. I think I would put it #2 above the 2000 basketball championship but just below Magic's 1979 title.

I'd have to disagree, it has to go to #3 - behind Skiles calling Joubert "Fat Boy".

In Ann Arbor: No. 19 MSU 74, No. 7 Michigan 59: Scott Skiles and the Spartans got the last laugh on Antoine Joubert. Skiles and Wolverine point guard Joubert engaged in a vocal confrontation after previously unranked MSU’s surprising 91-79 victory over then-No. 6 U-M on Jan. 25 that year at Jenison Fieldhouse. Joubert boasted his team would win in Ann Arbor, with Skiles reportedly retorting, “Not unless you lose 20 pounds, fat boy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-13, 14:54

The_Dude wrote:We will have a better shot in 2016 in both sports. Two years away. Our defense will be better in football and our passing game should be better with a more accurate QB so we can keep up with OSU.

If we land Winston in 2016, a starting lineup of Winston, Eron Harris, Marv or JWIII and Swan/Davis up front could be real good.

I don't think so. We are going to lose 24 seniors + likely Conklin after this year. Probably 3 1st round NFL picks (Cook, Conklin, & Calhoun). Even mighty Michigan State will have trouble reloading from that. Not sure how you come to the conclusion that 1st year starter Terry/O'Conner will be more accurate than 3rd year starter Cook. This is the year in football IMHO.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-13, 15:02

Heat Miser wrote:
The_Dude wrote:We will have a better shot in 2016 in both sports. Two years away. Our defense will be better in football and our passing game should be better with a more accurate QB so we can keep up with OSU.

If we land Winston in 2016, a starting lineup of Winston, Eron Harris, Marv or JWIII and Swan/Davis up front could be real good.

I don't think so. We are going to lose 24 seniors + likely Conklin after this year. Probably 3 1st round NFL picks (Cook, Conklin, & Calhoun). Even mighty Michigan State will have trouble reloading from that. Not sure how you come to the conclusion that 1st year starter Terry/O'Conner will be more accurate than 3rd year starter Cook. This is the year in football IMHO.

I agree, the 2016 season will be a test of Coach D's reloading ability. I think we'll be OK but it's hard to see how we'll be better than this year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-13, 15:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I agree, the 2016 season will be a test of Coach D's reloading ability. I think we'll be OK but it's hard to see how we'll be better than this year.
We could do well in 2016, but September will be telling at Notre Dame and having Wisconsin. Plus I'm not a huge fan of the bye week in early September and then no more rest. We'll be pretty tired by the Ohio State game.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-michigan-state-spartans-football-schedule.php
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-13, 15:19

Giant Moose wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

We could do well in 2016, but September will be telling at Notre Dame and having Wisconsin. Plus I'm not a huge fan of the bye week in early September and then no more rest. We'll be pretty tired by the Ohio State game.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-michigan-state-spartans-football-schedule.php
I wonder if they will try to get BYU to come play in September, to get the bye moved to Oct. That is basically a whole season without a bye.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-13, 15:22

InTenSity wrote:I wonder if they will try to get BYU to come play in September, to get the bye moved to Oct. That is basically a whole season without a bye.
BYU plays Utah during our bye week and has all of September already booked: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-byu-cougars-football-schedule.php
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-13, 15:23

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I wonder if they will try to get BYU to come play in September, to get the bye moved to Oct. That is basically a whole season without a bye.
BYU plays Utah during our bye week and has all of September already booked: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-byu-cougars-football-schedule.php
Who the hell is Furman? I thought we were done with DII schools.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-13, 15:24

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
the Furman Paladins. I actually went to a game there when I was about 8.. it's in the godforsaken state of South Carolina.

good school, though.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-14, 00:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
the Furman Paladins. I actually went to a game there when I was about 8.. it's in the godforsaken state of South Carolina.

good school, though.

What happened in South Carolina, Bob?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-14, 00:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

good school, though.

You mean like recently, or since colonial times?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-14, 07:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the Furman Paladins. I actually went to a game there when I was about 8.. it's in the godforsaken state of South Carolina.

good school, though.

nothing in particular. It's just a hot, unattractive state.. lots of sand, too..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-14, 08:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

nothing in particular. It's just a hot, unattractive state.. lots of sand, too..

And they don't have a real "up north".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-14, 08:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: We are winning the NATTY in football and basketball - Page 2 502811600

well, there is that, too.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-14, 08:35

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: We are winning the NATTY in football and basketball - Page 2 502811600

Don't they literally have 'North Carolina'?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-14, 08:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I think we found Bob's obsession.

Bob, South Carolina is so ugly. I hate it for what it did to me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-14, 08:41

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Don't they literally have 'North Carolina'?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-14, 08:42

Turtleneck wrote:

I think we found Bob's obsession.

Bob, South Carolina is so ugly. I hate it for what it did to me.
I was accepted to live in South Carolina but I chose North Carolina instead.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-14, 09:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I couldn't tell if the downvotes I got on the other board for suggesting you come back to kiss the Spartan Tailgate logo were because people still hate you there or if people just love Russell Byrd that much.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-14, 09:47

Giant Moose wrote:

I couldn't tell if the downvotes I got on the other board for suggesting you come back to kiss the Spartan Tailgate logo were because people still hate you there or if people just love Russell Byrd that much.
people often hate things they don't understand. It's a human condition.

but Russell Byrd is really an amazing person. So it's certainly possible the downvotes could be associated with their admiration for him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-14, 10:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:but Russell Byrd is really an amazing person.

He's proven himself fertile too, the achievements continue to pile up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-14, 10:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:but Russell Byrd is really an amazing person.

He's proven himself fertile too, the achievements continue to pile up.
it's a very impressive accomplishment.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-16, 13:46

Where can I bet this parlay?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next