Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread

+17
Ass Dan
HT
The_Dude
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
CheesySpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
tTito
Blanch32
SpartanInNH
Snake Plissken
WhiteBoyHatcher
WBill
InTenSity
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-27, 21:25

Turtleneck wrote:I had no idea Blanch was a Sherman schtick.

We'd probably get along and party. Look izzo has only himself to blame for recruiting him in the first place. Skinny tall white boys simply don't vfut his system
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-27, 21:35

Fwiw the Rcmb reaction led by vb is classic. They shine at this. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-27, 22:00

No way
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-27, 22:05

Delvon Roe ‏@DelvonRoe10 16m16 minutes ago

@gsherm11
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-27, 22:06

Chris Solari ‏@chrissolari 16m16 minutes ago

Step away from Twitter for a bit and miss a two-hour drunken flood from a foreign country.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-05-27, 22:10

LooseGoose wrote:Garrick Sherman @gsherm11  ·  47m 47 minutes ago

I pissed in a condom and gave it to Durrell summers to pass a drug test. Suck it #NCAA #stillwenttothefinalfour #suckstobeyou

Lol
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-27, 22:27

Blanch32 wrote: vfut

That sounds like a German made engine for riding lawn mowers.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-05-27, 22:27

Made it to barstool

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/former-michigan-state-notre-dame-hoops-player-garrick-sherman-gets-hammered-and-goes-nuts-on-the-ncaa-on-twitter/
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-27, 22:32

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Made it to barstool

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/former-michigan-state-notre-dame-hoops-player-garrick-sherman-gets-hammered-and-goes-nuts-on-the-ncaa-on-twitter/
Great...just fucking great.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-27, 22:45

That's hilarious. He'll wake up tomorrow amd tweet around 5 am when no one's paying attention that he apologizes. Nice rant though, wish more players would air dirty laundry about what really happens on these teams. I'd love for a duke guy to go off one night.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-27, 22:45

And the Rexrode story....

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/05/27/michigan-state-spartans-garrick-sherman/28050013/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-27, 22:48

And the CBS Sports Norlander story....

Matt Norlander ‏@MattNorlander 4m4 minutes ago
And as if Izzo needed any reason to hate Twitter more than he does (and he absolutely despises it), hello … Sherman. http://cbsprt.co/1QbxMJX

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-27, 22:51

Jamie Samuelsen ‏@JamieSamuelsen 4m4 minutes ago

Is @gsherm11 going to do the Twitter version of the walk of shame when he wakes up in the morning?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-27, 22:53

I don't care at all if this thing garners attention. Again, what is the revelation here? Two players conspired to cheat on a weed test, unbeknownst to the coaching staff? Ok. Cool.

Izzo is really tough on players who don't want to set screens, rebound and play defense and uses abrasive language towards them? Never would have guessed that to be the case.

Player who was subject of abrasive language realizes post-graduation, that he was indeed a pussy who didn't want to work? Shocking.

Half of the players on MSU's 2009-2010 teams smoked weed? Again, shocker. Summers slept walked through his Senior year. Allen and Lucious were run from the team for rumored failed drug tests. Nix got busted for pot.

Allen was partying the night before the FF loss to Butler? Yeah, that's why he got kicked off the team. That and sleeping with a security guard or something. Can't remember.

I don't know why any MSU fans were/are up in arms about anything he said. Pretty much confirms a lot of things we already knew, as I said earlier.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-27, 22:58

Oh the boys on the other board sounded like The Godfather - that Sherman had ruined his life with this rant. I've been sitting here chuckling because I know he's going to wake up in the morning and say "I did what?" . I'm just glad twitter and facebook weren't around when I was young.

There's really no harm here because anyone that believes in reality knows these are college kids not angels.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-28, 05:12

Garrick Sherman ‏@gsherm11 4h4 hours ago

Morning Twitter,
1) I don't have a headache, not a pansy
2) Life will go on I promise
3) I'm starving so...GL arguing amongst yourselves
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-05-28, 06:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't care at all if this thing garners attention. Again, what is the revelation here? Two players conspired to cheat on a weed test, unbeknownst to the coaching staff? Ok. Cool.

Izzo is really tough on players who don't want to set screens, rebound and play defense and uses abrasive language towards them? Never would have guessed that to be the case.

Player who was subject of abrasive language realizes post-graduation, that he was indeed a pussy who didn't want to work? Shocking.

Half of the players on MSU's 2009-2010 teams smoked weed? Again, shocker. Summers slept walked through his Senior year. Allen and Lucious were run from the team for rumored failed drug tests. Nix got busted for pot.

Allen was partying the night before the FF loss to Butler? Yeah, that's why he got kicked off the team. That and sleeping with a security guard or something. Can't remember.

I don't know why any MSU fans were/are up in arms about anything he said. Pretty much confirms a lot of things we already knew, as I said earlier.

This. Found the tweets amusing and 0% upsetting

Thought this was funny as well https://twitter.com/swarupvi/status/603767584471851008
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-28, 07:07

Awesome tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-05-28, 07:41

Of all the former players its this dope (pun intended) to yap his trap. SMH. Obviously its no news we didn't know here but the rest of the nation may react differently.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-28, 07:45

whoever this guy is, he clearly has us confused with some other crooked team he played for.. like Duke..

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-05-28, 08:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:whoever this guy is, he clearly has us confused with some other crooked team he played for.. like Duke..

GO GREEN!!

Lots of scandal in that era of MSU hoops -- Izzo suspended, players apparently swapping urine to pass drug tests, multiple players kicked off the team, etc.

I do think Bob is right that MSU fans should STFU about other programs.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-28, 08:18

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:whoever this guy is, he clearly has us confused with some other crooked team he played for.. like Duke..

GO GREEN!!

Lots of scandal in that era of MSU hoops -- Izzo suspended, players apparently swapping urine to pass drug tests, multiple players kicked off the team, etc.

Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-28, 08:29

I would be mad if the bball team wasn't smoking pot
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-05-28, 08:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I would be mad if the bball team wasn't smoking pot
The problem is that MSU and its fan base has built itself up as this program that always does things the right way.

If players were knowingly cheating drug tests, we are no better than other programs. Our boosters should have at least paid players or something and won titles instead of just getting to Final Fours if we were going to have shady things going on anyway.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2015-05-28, 08:32

LooseGoose wrote:And the Rexrode story....

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/05/27/michigan-state-spartans-garrick-sherman/28050013/
Joe R. didn't do that story, some guy named Kirkland has the byline .
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-28, 08:34

Giant Moose wrote:

GO GREEN!!

Out of context it sounds like a renegade program. Maybe we should fire Izzo, after all he can't seem to compete in April, amirite?!?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-28, 08:35

Giant Moose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I would be mad if the bball team wasn't smoking pot
The problem is that MSU and its fan base has built itself up as this program that always does things the right way.

If players were knowingly cheating drug tests, we are no better than other programs. Our boosters should have at least paid players or something and won titles instead of just getting to Final Fours if we were going to have shady things going on anyway.
You think the NCAA was the ones testing Summers?!?
tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread - Page 2 1494614055
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-28, 08:35

Giant Moose wrote:

Meh, I wouldn't put players cheating drug tests that shouldn't even be done in the first place up with paying players. College students cheating at something? Color me shocked
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-05-28, 08:37

InTenSity wrote:Out of context it sounds like a renegade program. Maybe we should fire Izzo, after all he can't seem to compete in April, amirite?!?
I thought it sounded very dysfunctional at the time. Plus we had our head coach take a long and very public look at the NBA and had a player crying for him to stay at a rally. All of this was very odd.

Now with Sherman's new information, it seems like that era was even more dysfunctional than I originally thought.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-28, 08:39

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Out of context it sounds like a renegade program. Maybe we should fire Izzo, after all he can't seem to compete in April, amirite?!?
I thought it sounded very dysfunctional at the time. Plus we had our head coach take a long and very public look at the NBA and had a player crying for him to stay at a rally. All of this was very odd.

Now with Sherman's new information, it seems like that era was even more dysfunctional than I originally thought.
Holy shit, man, you are out there. cyclops
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-28, 08:43

LooseGoose wrote:Oh the boys on the other board sounded like The Godfather - that Sherman had ruined his life with this rant. I've been sitting here chuckling because I know he's going to wake up in the morning and say "I did what?" . I'm just glad twitter and facebook weren't around when I was young.

There's really no harm here because anyone that believes in reality knows these are college kids not angels.

I know. What a bunch of teenage girls
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-28, 08:45

The pissing in a condom bit is hysterical. I'm hoping on his next binge he gives us some dirt on ND.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-28, 08:45

GO GREEN!!

Bob,

For once we caught a break from the officials. Amirite?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-28, 08:47

Giant Moose wrote:

Agreed. I demand excellent out of our cheating
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-05-28, 08:55

I guess I know why we've had so many hoops players with kids lately, though. Sherman was using all the condoms to piss in.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-28, 09:06

Giant Moose wrote:I guess I know why we've had so many hoops players with kids lately, though. Sherman was using all the condoms to piss in.
You should go root for BYU, no drinking, no drugging, no sex, high morals. Steph Curry has a kid, I don't think he's married.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-28, 09:08

Giant Moose wrote:I guess I know why we've had so many hoops players with kids lately, though. Sherman was using all the condoms to piss in.

tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread - Page 2 502811600 tOfficial Garrick Sherman is Drunk in Georgia (the country) and on Twitter thread - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-28, 09:33

I find that the appropriate and healthy reaction to stories such as this is to view them through the prism of "how would I react if this was regarding (enter university here)".. and then maybe readjust your sanctimonious judgment as it relates to other programs.

of course, that is predicated upon someone admitting that MSU has the same issues that every other program out there has. If you're not willing to accept that, the above exercise is futile.

it doesn't make you a lesser fan. It simply makes you a more grounded person.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-28, 10:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I find that the appropriate and healthy reaction to stories such as this is to view them through the prism of "how would I react if this was regarding (enter university here)".. and then maybe readjust your sanctimonious judgment as it relates to other programs.

of course, that is predicated upon someone admitting that MSU has the same issues that every other program out there has. If you're not willing to accept that, the above exercise is futile.

Here is my retort to that. A) In cases of college athletes smoking weed, I don't GAF and I don't care what team they play for, I probably won't hop on a bandwagon to bash a kid. B) Performance enhancing drugs, I view a bit differently. I don't care so much that someone would be doing them, its the fact that not everyone can do them, so that is a competitive advantage. C) When the NCAA is 'investigating' a school, and it seems as if there is a lot of smoke, from the outside and they end up clearing a school because of its status, is frustrating.

Every program does something to give itself an edge, or something unique to attract recruits. From everything that has been reported on about the MSU bball team, it is one of the cleanest teams in the NCAA. I would think that the recruitment of Cliff Alexander would be a pretty damn good example that no, MSU doesn't play by a lot of the recruiting rules. That being said, the cars that some of the athletes have are pretty damn nice.

There aren't stories of former MSU players who got 6 figure 'loans' from jewelry stores while still playing for MSU, or fake classes at MSU where athletes are highly encouraged to enroll in.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-28, 10:16

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I find that the appropriate and healthy reaction to stories such as this is to view them through the prism of "how would I react if this was regarding (enter university here)".. and then maybe readjust your sanctimonious judgment as it relates to other programs.

Here is my retort to that. A) In cases of college athletes smoking weed, I don't GAF and I don't care what team they play for, I probably won't hop on a bandwagon to bash a kid. B) Performance enhancing drugs, I view a bit differently. I don't care so much that someone would be doing them, its the fact that not everyone can do them, so that is a competitive advantage. C) When the NCAA is 'investigating' a school, and it seems as if there is a lot of smoke, from the outside and they end up clearing a school because of its status, is frustrating.

Every program does something to give itself an edge, or something unique to attract recruits. From everything that has been reported on about the MSU bball team, it is one of the cleanest teams in the NCAA. I would think that the recruitment of Cliff Alexander would be a pretty damn good example that no, MSU doesn't play by a lot of the recruiting rules. That being said, the cars that some of the athletes have are pretty damn nice.

There aren't stories of former MSU players who got 6 figure 'loans' from jewelry stores while still playing for MSU, or fake classes at MSU where athletes are highly encouraged to enroll in.
meh.. nefarious activities are still nefarious activities. I'm not really into morally stratifying a certain questionable act or situation based on what information might be available because, often, that information is wildly inaccurate, falsified, rooted in envy, embellished or flat out made up.

but that's just me. Do as you wish, brah.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next