Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies.

+16
DWags
HT
Triple Sparty
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Rodeo Burger
Code_Warrior
NigelUno
The Pantry
tGreenWay
WhiteGreenShow
Dr. Strangelove
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies. Empty 2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies.

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 8:17

It's always nice to see life long dreams come true.....

Fifteen-year-old Cole Hammer qualifies for U.S. Open

The U.S. Open gets underway next week, and there will be at least one notable name — both in terms of names and age. Fifteen-year-old Cole Hammer, who is far too young to get any sort of MC Hammer references, has qualified for the tournament, and he’ll hit the links next to the big boys for one of the PGA Tour’s four majors.

Hammer certainly earned his way to the show, too. The youngster beat out an impressive field at a 36-hole sectional qualifier to earn the bid. Hammer birdied four of his final five holes, according to the Dallas Morning News, to finish second at the qualifier.

“This means the world to me,” Hammer said, per the Dallas Morning News. “I’ve dreamed about it my whole life. It’s going to be awesome.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies. Empty Re: 2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 8:21

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict there will be more than one notable name at the US Open.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies. Empty Re: 2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies.

Post by kingstonlake Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 8:37

He's gonna shoot 87/82.

And beat Tiger........
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 14:34

Really amazing. Good for that Youngblood.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 15:45

Mark Brooks is painful to listen to - he's paired with Brando on the featured group bonus coverage on DirecTV
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 15:49

They also have Natalie Gulbis as their on course reporter.

2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies. Screen-Shot-2012-02-15-at-2.55.29-PM
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 15:59

This track is a contrived piece of garbage - links style, with a fucking train, random buildings in the course, bunkers filled with grey sand and those hills. The only thing it's missing is a clown's nose and a windmill.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 16:27

Dr. Strangelove wrote:This track is a contrived piece of garbage - links style, with a fucking train, random buildings in the course, bunkers filled with grey sand and those hills. The only thing it's missing is a clown's nose and a windmill.

I'm having Caddie Shack 2 flash backs.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 17:04

Dr. Strangelove wrote:This track is a contrived piece of garbage - links style, with a fucking train, random buildings in the course, bunkers filled with grey sand and those hills. The only thing it's missing is a clown's nose and a windmill.

Oh, that's right. Fans are expected to be quiet for the delicate golfers, as noise might disturb their "game."
Fucking pussies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 17:06

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Mark Brooks is painful to listen to - he's paired with Brando on the featured group bonus coverage on DirecTV

Was that the guy that thinks he lives inside Phil's head? And knew everything there was about golf? My god he was annoying, wouldn't shut the fuck up. He kept correcting Brando on little shit.

Btw, I'm rooting for the lefty.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 17:17

Yeah he was the asshat during Lefty's round and I like Phil too and have $ on him
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 21:58

Looks like Hammer is gonna beat Woods.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:04

Yep, giant piece of shit. Pretty astounding the USGA allowed it...must be some payoffs involved.

Wonder when it comes back to Oakland Hills...
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:22

Pampered millionaire problems. Deal with it pussies.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:27

The Pantry wrote:
Yep, giant piece of shit. Pretty astounding the USGA allowed it...must be some payoffs involved.

Wonder when it comes back to Oakland Hills...

Gonna be awhile...
2016 - Oakmount
2017 - Erin Hills, WI
2018 - Shinnecock
2019 - Pebble
2020 - Winged Foot
2021 - Torrey Pines
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:39

Tiger doesn't swing hard enough. That's his problem.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:58

This. The course sucks ass. All the grass looks dead, balls roll like playing on hardpan, the fairways all funnel into hazards, and putts bounce around like on the greens of a shitty public course. What the hell were they thinking by choosing that place? What fucking turd designed that POS?
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 23:26

Code_Warrior wrote:
This. The course sucks ass. All the grass looks dead, balls roll like playing on hardpan, the fairways all funnel into hazards, and putts bounce around like on the greens of a shitty public course. What the hell were they thinking by choosing that place? What fucking turd designed that POS?

I like it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 23:56

NigelUno wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

I like it.

Ever putted on a fescue green?

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 2:10

Code_Warrior wrote:

Uh, it was designed as a links style course, which answers damn near all your questions.

As for the grass, it's fescue, because that's what they use on a links style course.

The US Open has always demanded excellence to not look horrible. The tee/green setups at more traditional courses are contrived. At Chambers Bay, that's what it really is.

The course is killing most of the pros because they always favor distance over accuracy on drives. Not to mention that putting is so important here. The sloppy player is getting exposed. This is fun.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 5:51

2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies. TeACWc
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 7:43

Rodeo Burger wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

Uh, it was designed as a links style course, which answers damn near all your questions.

As for the grass, it's fescue, because that's what they use on a links style course.

The US Open has always demanded excellence to not look horrible. The tee/green setups at more traditional courses are contrived. At Chambers Bay, that's what it really is.

The course is killing most of the pros because they always favor distance over accuracy on drives. Not to mention that putting is so important here. The sloppy player is getting exposed. This is fun.

Look I appreciate links style championships when they are played in July not June.

The course looks like ass and fescue is an awful putting surface. The place is less than ten years old and it just feels like they tried too hard in replicating the old Scottish courses.

Also the rounds are way too slow almost 5.5 hours and it ain't all the players fault. The carries from green to the next tee are brutal.

Erin Hills is going to be similar to this in a couple of years but they don't have a choo-choo train
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 7:57

I was at an East Lansing establishment last night.. a bunch of people were on the television playing golf.. and the grass appeared to be brown.

Or did I have one too many Crooked Tree IPA's?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 8:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was at an East Lansing establishment last night.. a bunch of people were on the television playing golf.. and the grass appeared to be brown.

I'm sure you did on the IPAs but you were also correct on the color of the vegetation.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 8:41

I'm enjoying it. Even though fox coverage is an abortion. When are they gonna roll out Terry Bradshaw, Howie long, and Frank Kaliendo?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 9:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was at an East Lansing establishment last night.. a bunch of people were on the television playing golf.. and the grass appeared to be brown.

Were you at peanut barrel bob? I was at peanut barrel!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 9:44

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Rodeo Burger wrote:

Look I appreciate links style championships when they are played in July not June.

The course looks like ass and fescue is an awful putting surface. The place is less than ten years old and it just feels like they tried too hard in replicating the old Scottish courses.

Also the rounds are way too slow almost 5.5 hours and it ain't all the players fault. The carries from green to the next tee are brutal.

Erin Hills is going to be similar to this in a couple of years but they don't have a choo-choo train

In the big picture, I'm not really concerned about that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 9:46

kingstonlake wrote:I'm enjoying it. Even though fox coverage is an abortion. When are they gonna roll out Terry Bradshaw, Howie long, and Frank Kaliendo?

I like it. I like the train, as opposed to OMG!!! A TRAIN!!!

THE GRASS!!! IT'S NOT GREEN ENOUGH!!!

Fox is terrible at golf.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 9:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Did you find the 10 dollar bill he slipped under your bar napkin?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 9:47

The Pantry wrote:

Haha, I wish. I spent $30 just on drinks last night.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 9:59

The Pantry wrote:Did you find the 10 dollar bill he slipped under your bar napkin?

Haha, I wish. I spent $30 just on drinks last night.
If your waitress was over 30, I hope you didn't tip her.

-Giant Moose
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:06

not last night..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:07

The Pantry wrote:

you make it sound like I was requesting a sexual favor.. 2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

not last night..

Too bad, we found the top secret method of getting 3 long islands.. can they get rid of that rule yet? (I did fall asleep on the couch last night..)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:not last night..  

Too bad, we found the top secret method of getting 3 long islands.. can they get rid of that rule yet? (I did fall asleep on the couch last night..)
what is your method? Float Skuz the 10 dollar bill I left for you?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:not last night..

My girlfriend is completely anti-long island iced tea. She says the drink serves no purpose except to fuck you up. She has some bullshit idea that we drink fermented beverages for some other fucking reason.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:27

This is the 'Complain about brown grass thread'. Take your long island stories elsewhere!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:29

NigelUno wrote:This is the 'Complain about brown grass thread'. Take your long island stories elsewhere!

2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies. 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:33

Rocinante wrote:

My girlfriend is completely anti-long island iced tea. She says the drink serves no purpose except to fuck you up. She has some bullshit idea that we drink fermented beverages for some other fucking reason.

I'm on your side, brah. I'm a big fan of getting fucked up. Probably too much. Whatever. 🤷 2015 US Open - Golf not Tennis you ninnies. 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 11:09

kingstonlake wrote:I'm enjoying it. Even though fox coverage is an abortion. When are they gonna roll out Terry Bradshaw, Howie long, and Frank Kaliendo?
Frank Caliendo would be awesome.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next