Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now?

+15
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
AMwood
goodbar
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Jethro Bodeen
Blanch32
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
CheesySpartan
Giant Moose
HT
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now? Empty Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now?

Post by HT 2015-07-12, 09:31

I got back from a wedding recently for one of my best friends from MSU. Between that, the bachelor party, and when I got together with them in the fall for the OSU game...I realized I really don't like spending time around them.

Every time I get together with them, at least one of them ends up being a total douche (like, for example the groom at the wedding I was in telling the bridesmaids and single girls he knew that I was the usher to avoid out of his friends). I also don't really have anything in common with them, either, aside from drinking and watching sports together in college. It usually ends up not being a very fun time, and it usually costs me a lot of money to see them given it's for events like weddings and games and that I have to travel a long ways because I'm the only one who doesn't live in the Midwest. I don't really have fun with them anymore and kind of dread when I'm invited to events with them (like they want us all to get together for the Oregon game, and I'm having a hard time getting excited about that idea).

I know we all love MSU, but I'm kind of wondering if that's happened to anyone else too since I was always told I'd make my best friends in college. Mainly asking because I got invited to another event (Grand Point North music festival in Burlington) that same weekend with people I like being around, and I'm trying to figure out what to do and my MSU friends are a big deterrent at the moment for going to the Oregon game.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now? Empty Re: Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now?

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-12, 10:24

There is one guy I can't stand now who I was really good friends with at State. But since it's once a year I tolerate it.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now? Empty Re: Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now?

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-07-12, 10:25

The Writer: [typing on computer] I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

So true...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-12, 10:30

Actually another dude too but that's because of his wife, but they look headed for divorce so I think he know's she's a problem.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-12, 17:52

You sound like the one who sucks since you're about to pick a music festival over the oregon game.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-12, 19:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You sound like the one who sucks since you're about to pick a music festival over the oregon game.
As long as he doesn't pick the Pistons over MSU, he's OK.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-12, 19:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You sound like the one who sucks since you're about to pick a music festival over the oregon game.

Last time I went to EL to get together with them was the OSU game. We stayed in both nights (one of them is in med school at MSU now) and played NHL because no one else wanted to go out. They also all left the OSU game early in the 4th quarter (which, they did while I went to go to the bathroom so I got back to my seat and no one was around), which is bad enough as it is but they left early and played NHL all night.

It was super-lame. Right now, going to Burlington to camp and see a ton of live music with some friends sounds better instead of spending the money to go to EL and sit in both nights and go to a game with a bunch of people who have trouble staying for the 4th quarter if MSU isn't winning (last game I went with them before that was Northwestern 2012, which they also left early). I really want to see us play Oregon, but I just don't know if I can deal with my friends from MSU and going to a game with them.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-12, 19:20

Giant Moose wrote:
As long as he doesn't pick the Pistons over MSU, he's OK.

I mean, I went to the Rose Bowl and went to see MSU play in Spokane and Syracuse in the last 2 NCAA tournaments...can't say I don't love supporting MSU!
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-12, 19:22

Not sure. Did I go to MSU with any of you?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-12, 19:33

HT wrote:I got back from a wedding recently for one of my best friends from MSU. Between that, the bachelor party, and when I got together with them in the fall for the OSU game...I realized I really don't like spending time around them.

Every time I get together with them, at least one of them ends up being a total douche (like, for example the groom at the wedding I was in telling the bridesmaids and single girls he knew that I was the usher to avoid out of his friends). I also don't really have anything in common with them, either, aside from drinking and watching sports together in college. It usually ends up not being a very fun time, and it usually costs me a lot of money to see them given it's for events like weddings and games and that I have to travel a long ways because I'm the only one who doesn't live in the Midwest. I don't really have fun with them anymore and kind of dread when I'm invited to events with them (like they want us all to get together for the Oregon game, and I'm having a hard time getting excited about that idea).

I know we all love MSU, but I'm kind of wondering if that's happened to anyone else too since I was always told I'd make my best friends in college. Mainly asking because I got invited to another event (Grand Point North music festival in Burlington) that same weekend with people I like being around, and I'm trying to figure out what to do and my MSU friends are a big deterrent at the moment for going to the Oregon game.

Look, I was trying to get laid and the talent pool was low. I promise to behave at the Oregon game since they'll be plenty of beaver to go around. Chill bro
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-12, 19:36

....and fwiw, I hang out far more with msu alums I met After school, than any of the crew I ran with back at state.

Then again I'm single wo any snotbreathers
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2015-07-12, 19:45

Your MSU "friends" are not friends but drinking associates. Move on. Join an MSU alumni association near you and meet people you truly identify with. If you have to wonder about them, they aren't worth your time. Seriously.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-12, 19:52

Even though we don't see one another often, I'm still friends with most, if not all, I knew from MSU. However, it's a different story with most of my friends from h.s. It's like we came from different planets.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-12, 20:04

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Your MSU "friends" are not friends but drinking associates. Move on. Join an MSU alumni association near you and meet people you truly identify with. If you have to wonder about them, they aren't worth your time. Seriously.

Coming from a certified sociopath, I'll do the exact opposite.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-12, 20:06

tGreenWay wrote:Even though we don't see one another often, I'm still friends with most, if not all, I knew from MSU. However, it's a different story with most of my friends from h.s. It's like we came from different planets.

I'm exactly the opposite. I'm still great friends with the dudes I went to high school with and barely know any of the guys I went to college or grad school with.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-12, 20:14

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Even though we don't see one another often, I'm still friends with most, if not all, I knew from MSU. However, it's a different story with most of my friends from h.s. It's like we came from different planets.

For me, I think it's just that we share more commonalities, beginning and ending with our love for MSU. Mix in similar senses of humor and many other factors (for example--more alcohol-related group bonding stories), and I just feel more comfortable with those men and women. I may know my h.s. friends longer, but I know my college friends better. It's not an across-the-board thing, but mostly true.

I'm exactly the opposite. I'm still great friends with the dudes I went to high school with and barely know any of the guys I went to college or grad school with.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-12, 21:23

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

For me, I think it's just that we share more commonalities, beginning and ending with our love for MSU. Mix in similar senses of humor and many other factors (for example--more alcohol-related group bonding stories), and I just feel more comfortable with those men and women. I may know my h.s. friends longer, but I know my college friends better. It's not an across-the-board thing, but mostly true.

That was the failest of quote fails.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-07-12, 21:28

HT you seem like kind of a downer, dude. Maybe they're not the reason you're not having fun hanging out with them as you once did?

Regardless, it seems pretty simple to me. Don't hang out with people you don't enjoy being around.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-13, 01:08

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That was the failest of quote fails.

I am aware.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-13, 02:04

HT wrote:

Last time I went to EL to get together with them was the OSU game. We stayed in both nights (one of them is in med school at MSU now) and played NHL because no one else wanted to go out. They also all left the OSU game early in the 4th quarter (which, they did while I went to go to the bathroom so I got back to my seat and no one was around), which is bad enough as it is but they left early and played NHL all night.

It was super-lame. Right now, going to Burlington to camp and see a ton of live music with some friends sounds better instead of spending the money to go to EL and sit in both nights and go to a game with a bunch of people who have trouble staying for the 4th quarter if MSU isn't winning (last game I went with them before that was Northwestern 2012, which they also left early). I really want to see us play Oregon, but I just don't know if I can deal with my friends from MSU and going to a game with them.

Don't you have anyone to go with besides them? Playing NHL the one weekend you guys return? Really? Did they suck this bad at MSU?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-13, 07:32

the only thing I love more than my MSU friends is MSU.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-13, 08:57

HT wrote:

You need new friends. Those people sound like losers. Who just leaves their friend at a game without telling them?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-07-13, 09:15

i just divorced a friend from msu. i'm starting to rethink my friendships. some people get way too many passes just because you've known them for so long. i don't really understand why that is a legitimate reason for accepting bad behavior.

i am willfully and knowingly starting to recess into a hermit.

as a matter of fact, fuck all of you.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-13, 09:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
HT wrote:

Don't you have anyone to go with besides them? Playing NHL the one weekend you guys return? Really? Did they suck this bad at MSU?

No, not really. I had other friends at MSU but I didn't hang out with them quite as much and haven't kept in touch (nor are they huge MSU football fans).

But when we were at MSU? They were better, but whenever they did something like just stay in and drink and play NHL and I wasn't feeling it, I'd usually opt out and do something else with other people, so it didn't matter much to me if they were going to be lame. I would say they were alright friends to have in college, where there's lots to do on your own if what your friends are doing doesn't sound appealing.

Though, maybe all the things to do altered my perception of them and they really are just lame. When we were in Toronto a few months ago for a bachelor party, we only went to one bar and no strip clubs the entire weekend and spent most of the weekend drinking in the apartment we rented out...in a city like Toronto.

I think I'm going to go to Burlington and just DVR the game and watch when I get home. Already pumped about the idea of camping on Lake Champlain with some friends and seeing some good music. I don't know if I'll make it to EL (wish we didn't have UM and OSU at home in the same year), but I'll definitely be seeing MSU play in Columbus this year with my Buckeye cousin and some Buckeye friends of mine.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-13, 09:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the only thing I love more than my MSU friends is MSU.

Bob, I actually think this would be up your alley. Grand Point North in Burlington. The Flaming Lips, Shakey Graves, Greensky Bluegrass, Mike Gordon (of Phish), and Two full sets of Grace Potter along with some other shows. All in Burlington in mid-September for $80. Gonna camp and see stuff around the city Friday (I want to check out Ben and Jerry's factory there), then the festival is Saturday and Sunday.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-13, 09:35

Giant Moose wrote:
HT wrote:

You need new friends. Those people sound like losers. Who just leaves their friend at a game without telling them?

Same people who left me and the groom behind with no directions or address to the apartment we rented in Toronto out for the bachelor party after leaving the Labatt Brewery in London.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-13, 09:39

HT wrote:

Bob, I actually think this would be up your alley. Grand Point North in Burlington. The Flaming Lips, Shakey Graves, Greensky Bluegrass, Mike Gordon (of Phish), and Two full sets of Grace Potter along with some other shows. All in Burlington in mid-September for $80. Gonna camp and see stuff around the city Friday (I want to check out Ben and Jerry's factory there), then the festival is Saturday and Sunday.
finally - some important stuff!!

Sounds like a good time. Shakey Graves is great - a cool dude, as well. I've actually met him a time or two. And Greensky Bluegrass - a touch of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Great band.

report back!! Let me know how it goes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-13, 09:43

also, The Flaming Lips just played Lansing last night, oddly enough - I didn't go - had a few other things going on - but I'm sure it was a good show.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-13, 10:57

AMwood wrote:i just divorced a friend from msu. i'm starting to rethink my friendships. some people get way too many passes just because you've known them for so long. i don't really understand why that is a legitimate reason for accepting bad behavior.

I thought you were divorced a long time ago. Or did you mean like man-divorced.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-13, 11:05

I made a bunch of friends over at tRCMB, but then I was banned. Now I live alone, in a basement, under a bridge.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-13, 11:15

InTenSity wrote:I made a bunch of friends over at tRCMB, but then I was banned. Now I live alone, in a basement, under a bridge.
were you warned first?

when I was banned for voicing my opinions on matters, that was my favorite part.. the "you've been warned" PM. I logged into that toilet dumpster a few months ago just to read the PM threats.. Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-13, 11:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I made a bunch of friends over at tRCMB, but then I was banned. Now I live alone, in a basement, under a bridge.
were you warned first?

when I was banned for voicing my opinions on matters, that was my favorite part.. the "you've been warned" PM. I logged into that toilet dumpster a few months ago just to read the PM threats.. Do any of you dislike your friends from MSU now? 502811600
I was never given any warnings. Suspect
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-13, 11:25

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:were you warned first?

I was never given any warnings. Suspect
they may have ended their traditional warning protocol after they warned me.. because I publicly mocked their warnings... and them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2015-07-13, 11:37

Bob, you still hang out with Rexrode, Timbo and 'Valenti', don't you? I thought you said you guys get together at least once a week to tip some brew dogs and go over your fantasy league stuff..
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-07-13, 11:39

Rocinante wrote:
AMwood wrote:i just divorced a friend from msu. i'm starting to rethink my friendships. some people get way too many passes just because you've known them for so long. i don't really understand why that is a legitimate reason for accepting bad behavior.

I thought you were divorced a long time ago. Or did you mean like man-divorced.

man/friend divorced. as in i told him to go fuck himself.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-13, 11:41

I wouldn't know "Valenti" if he was sitting next to Izzo at a Dantonio press conference.

Rexrode and I go way back, though - I saw him drinking beer at Crunchy's once with what looked like a group of people who probably enjoy MSU sports as much as I do. Then, of course, I've had an affinity for Timbo since the Turkey Sandwich with Timbo podcast days at tRCMB.

what can I say.. I'm just proud to be mentioned in the same breath as these great Spartans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-07-13, 11:49

So go to the game amd ditch them after to head out to bars
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-13, 11:54

HT wrote:

Piss on BJ's go to Shelburne Farms, buy some cheese.   Thank me when you get home.

Shelburne Farms
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2015-07-13, 13:04

Rocinante wrote:
Jethro Bodeen wrote:Your MSU "friends" are not friends but drinking associates. Move on. Join an MSU alumni association near you and meet people you truly identify with. If you have to wonder about them, they aren't worth your time. Seriously.

So you are still butt hurt because I exposed you as a simplistic left wing moron. Sorry bud. Echoing the opinions derived entirely from the pages of Salon.com and from MSNBC is hardly "informed".

And I am a psychopath, not a sociopath. I also have narcissistic tendencies which can be mistaken for "Boarderline Personality Disorder". I am also extremely violent, own lots of guns and wear confederate flag underwear. And I love puppies.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-13, 13:27

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

So you are still butt hurt because I exposed you as a simplistic left wing moron. Sorry bud. Echoing the opinions derived entirely from the pages of Salon.com and from MSNBC is hardly "informed".

And I am a psychopath, not a sociopath. I also have narcissistic tendencies which can be mistaken for "Boarderline Personality Disorder". I am also extremely violent, own lots of guns and wear confederate flag underwear. And I love puppies.

Your honor... I rest my case.

afro
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next