Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take The "I Am Not Obsessed With scUM" Vow

4 posters

Go down

Take The "I Am Not Obsessed With scUM" Vow Empty Take The "I Am Not Obsessed With scUM" Vow

Post by bullwrinkle 2014-05-05, 12:15

Uh-oh.....by starting this thread....does this mean I am obsessed? Help me Bobby. Take The "I Am Not Obsessed With scUM" Vow 1550444538 
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Take The "I Am Not Obsessed With scUM" Vow Empty Re: Take The "I Am Not Obsessed With scUM" Vow

Post by TrapperGus 2021-08-29, 09:57

I am not obsessed with scUM but living in Michigan I am bombarded with scUM stuff.

Please make it stop.

Sorry you are gone, dude.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Take The "I Am Not Obsessed With scUM" Vow Empty Re: Take The "I Am Not Obsessed With scUM" Vow

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-29, 10:02

living outside of michigan really helps you become less obsessed
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-08-29, 10:13

True, collage sports didn't exist in Cleveland.

However in Minnesota everyone was obsessed with UofM
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-29, 12:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:living outside of michigan really helps you become less obsessed

It sure does. You realize how regional college sports are and that the midwest is a big market for college sports.

My credentials for not being obsessed I haven't watched the OSU vs UofM 'The Game' since Rich Rod. Just flat out don't care and find it to be a super overrated rivalry that's a complete waste of my time. I rarely watch any college games outside of MSU so that helps.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-08-29, 13:25

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:living outside of michigan really helps you become less obsessed

It sure does. You realize how regional college sports are and that the midwest is a big market for college sports.

My credentials for not being obsessed I haven't watched the OSU vs UofM 'The Game' since Rich Rod. Just flat out don't care and find it to be a super overrated rivalry that's a complete waste of my time. I rarely watch any college games outside of MSU so that helps.

Don't really want to play "one up" too much, however, I haven't watched anyone other than Michigan State, and who they are playing that day, intentionally, since about 1988.  *I have a child who went to Michigan so have seen bits of Michigan games when I visit.

Last edited by TrapperGus on 2021-08-29, 18:15; edited 1 time in total
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-29, 13:54

TrapperGus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Don't really want to paly "one up" too much, however, I haven't watched anyone other than Michigan State, and who they are playing that day, intentionally, since about 1988. *I have a child who went to Michigan so have seen bits of Michigan games when I visit.

Yeah, getting married and buying a house changed a lot of things for me. I just don't have the 3 hours to sit around hate watching the wolverines like I used to. I do laugh thought when I see the Freep or Det News hype of a Michigan QB in September and I do still get fired up for an MSU vs UofM game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-08-29, 18:19

steveschneider wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Don't really want to paly "one up" too much, however, I haven't watched anyone other than Michigan State, and who they are playing that day, intentionally, since about 1988.  *I have a child who went to Michigan so have seen bits of Michigan games when I visit.

Yeah, getting married and buying a house changed a lot of things for me. I just don't have the 3 hours to sit around hate watching the wolverines like I used to.  I do laugh thought when I see the Freep or Det News hype of a Michigan QB in September and I do still get fired up for an MSU vs UofM game.

Pretty much what happened to me.  Giving work 10 - 12 hours a day plus the house (& barns) plus kids.  Something had to go and Tee Vee was that something.  Still would rather listen on the radio, sorry I'm the minority of one who likes George & Will.  When I watch MSU of Tee Vee I still turn the sound down and the radio up.  Have the call and the play out of sync amuses me.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-30, 06:37

TrapperGus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, getting married and buying a house changed a lot of things for me. I just don't have the 3 hours to sit around hate watching the wolverines like I used to.  I do laugh thought when I see the Freep or Det News hype of a Michigan QB in September and I do still get fired up for an MSU vs UofM game.

Pretty much what happened to me.  Giving work 10 - 12 hours a day plus the house (& barns) plus kids.  Something had to go and Tee Vee was that something.  Still would rather listen on the radio, sorry I'm the minority of one who likes George & Will.  When I watch MSU of Tee Vee I still turn the sound down and the radio up.  Have the call and the play out of sync amuses me.

I can’t do the out of sync thing. I’ve tried. The announcing is so bad on the cable sports networks it can be painful.

The other pain point some of these games are just ridiculous. Who wants to watch the Buckeyes hang 60+ points ok a team?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down