Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have a remote control flying toy??

+4
Rocinante
pulling69
CheesySpartan
InTenSity
8 posters

Go down

Anyone have a remote control flying toy?? Empty Anyone have a remote control flying toy??

Post by InTenSity Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:04

I'm thinking about looking into getting a droneremote control flying toy. I've seen a few around my neighborhood and have conflicting thoughts about them. In one case, it would be kind of cool to take out and get a birds eye view of things that are going on. OTOH, it kind of weirded me out when I was at the pool and one flew over and paused for a minute or so before moving on. I live in a pretty congested area, so flying it around also makes me think people are trying to look into places. The prices for them seem to be somewhat more reasonable now than they were a year ago, with decent models under $800. If someone does have one, would it be possible to take one out to a golf course? I think it'd be great to look for lost balls, or land it near where you hit your ball, so you don't lose it.
Thoughts?

Last edited by InTenSity on Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:21; edited 1 time in total
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a remote control flying toy?? Empty Re: Anyone have a remote control flying toy??

Post by CheesySpartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:09

InTenSity wrote:I'm thinking about looking into getting a drone. I've seen a few around my neighborhood and have conflicting thoughts about them. In one case, it would be kind of cool to take out and get a birds eye view of things that are going on. OTOH, it kind of weirded me out when I was at the pool and one flew over and paused for a minute or so before moving on. I live in a pretty congested area, so flying it around also makes me think people are trying to look into places. The prices for them seem to be somewhat more reasonable now than they were a year ago, with decent models under $800. If someone does have one, would it be possible to take one out to a golf course? I think it'd be great to look for lost balls, or land it near where you hit your ball, so you don't lose it.
Thoughts?

Dude if you want to get a shot of your hot neighbor after she gets out of the shower get a $50 pair of binoculars and hide in the bushes like the rest of us...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a remote control flying toy?? Empty Re: Anyone have a remote control flying toy??

Post by InTenSity Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:11

CheesySpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I'm thinking about looking into getting a drone. I've seen a few around my neighborhood and have conflicting thoughts about them. In one case, it would be kind of cool to take out and get a birds eye view of things that are going on. OTOH, it kind of weirded me out when I was at the pool and one flew over and paused for a minute or so before moving on. I live in a pretty congested area, so flying it around also makes me think people are trying to look into places. The prices for them seem to be somewhat more reasonable now than they were a year ago, with decent models under $800. If someone does have one, would it be possible to take one out to a golf course? I think it'd be great to look for lost balls, or land it near where you hit your ball, so you don't lose it.
Thoughts?

Dude if you want to get a shot of your hot neighbor after she gets out of the shower get a $50 pair of binoculars and hide in the bushes like the rest of us...
If only those binoculars could film in 4k ultra HD with slo-mo.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:12

Don't call it a drone....it is a remote controlled toy.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:27

pulling69 wrote:Don't call it a drone....it is a remote controlled toy.

Yeah! And don't say you want to spy on your neighbors...say you want to use it for golf. Wink
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:31

If a drone flies over me and pauses, I'm throwing whatever I've got in my hands at it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:38

Rocinante wrote:If a drone flies over me and pauses, I'm throwing whatever I've got in my hands at it.

Even warm watermelon???
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:43

http://q13fox.com/2015/08/02/man-arrested-for-shooting-down-drone-hovering-over-sunbathing-daughter-video/
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 16:53

CheesySpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:If a drone flies over me and pauses, I'm throwing whatever I've got in my hands at it.

Even warm watermelon???

Hells yeah. Very aerodynamic.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 17:47

Stay away from those. I heard that's what got Max Bullough in trouble.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 3 Aug 2015 - 23:24

Let's see how this post goes. 

I want one but I have no idea what I'd use it for. I think it might be fun/cool to use for a tailgate but I saw someone using one at a tailgate near us and basically S.W.A.T descended upon the scene.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 3:32

Brock Middlebrook wrote:http://q13fox.com/2015/08/02/man-arrested-for-shooting-down-drone-hovering-over-sunbathing-daughter-video/

What a loser. Dude needs to stop reading Glenn Beck.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Wed 5 Aug 2015 - 2:28

Now this is how you use one of these things correctly:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/us/prison-yard-drone-drugs-ohio/index.html
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down