Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.

+16
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
By-Tor
Travis of the Cosmos
Jethro Bodeen
Masturbates
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
Dr. Strangelove
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
DWags
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.  Empty Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.

Post by DWags 2015-08-12, 18:47

Sonofabitch.

Bp has about half of its' biggest refinery shut down and won't be back up for three weeks.  That means the midwest gets to take it up the ass for three weeks even as oil is hitting lows.

We might be back down to sub 2 bucks a gallon by christmas, till then, ,we're gonna be fuked.   fill up tonight if you have to.  

Bend over and touch your toes, I got the pump ready
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.  Empty Re: Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-08-12, 18:50

I saw that on the news a few minutes ago.   **** Indiana.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.  Empty Re: Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.

Post by Blanch32 2015-08-12, 18:52

Ummmm....I don't know if you guys know how these things work....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-12, 19:02

You guys are getting fucked it's $1.87 in South Carolina right fucking now
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-08-12, 19:04

Just paid 2.19 in 20 miles away from SC. Guess I'm getting it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-12, 19:10

Still $2.60 in Miami.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-12, 19:16

It's only going up in the midwest.   THE MID FUCKING WEST.  That's it.  it won't go up anywhere else.  Matter of fact it will go down.  Just the midwest.  Fucking Indiana.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-12, 19:46

It's so convenient that one of the largest refineries in the Midwest goes off line for the last 3 weeks of the vacation / Labor Day Holiday when oil prices are just coming off 6-7 year lows.

We have about half the refineries we had 20 years ago and those remaining have expanded to about double the capacity but they are all running at or so close to maximum production a shutdown hurts supply.  

But the big 6 oil companies like BP, Chevron and others don't care.  They just jack the price and reduce the effect on their bottom line.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-08-12, 19:57; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates 2015-08-12, 19:54

GRR Spartan wrote:It's so convenient that one of the largest refineries in the Midwest goes off line for the last 3 weeks of the vacation / Labor Day Holiday when oil prices are just coming off 6-7 year lows.

We have about half the refineries we had 20 years ago and those remaining have expanded to about double the capacity but they are all running at or so close to maximum production a shutdown hurts supply.

But the big 6 oil companies like BP, Chevron and others don't care. They just jack the price and reduce the effect on their bottom one.
Money grab
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2015-08-12, 20:37

This is what you get when the EPA makes it impossible to build refineries. To meet demand, the only thing the petroleum industry could do is expand existing refineries. Then when 1 goes down, a much larger percentage of the supply is agfected- causing a regional price spike. That's the unhappy results of out of control environmentalism that's enforced with an iron fist by the EPA and the Obamatard administration.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-12, 20:59

Jethro Bodeen wrote:This is what you get when the EPA makes it impossible to build refineries. To meet demand, the only thing the petroleum industry could do is expand existing refineries. Then when 1 goes down, a much larger percentage of the supply is agfected- causing a regional price spike. That's the unhappy results of out of control environmentalism that's enforced with an iron fist by the EPA and the Obamatard administration.
Crazy to think that BP closed two refineries when they upgraded the Whiting facility in 2013 (the one that broke. Fyi) thinking they could put all production through the newly upgraded one. Fucking Obama and the fucking EPA must have been to blame for that right? It definitely wasn't because it was cheaper for the company in the short term to go that route and to try to pump all production through one facility. No no no. It was definitely that libtard Obama. If he didn't force them to close two refineries then they would definitely be more than happy to spend the extra costs to maintain those facilities so that a disruption wouldn't be as big of a deal. That son of a bitch.

Edit- I just checked. BP only made a profit of $3,780,000,000 last year. I can see why it is ridiculous to think they may have been able to afford to keep those other refineries open. Or at least take the money they saved by closing them and pump it into the existing refineries to ensure there aren't "disruptions." Definitely isn't their fault. Definitely obummer.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-12, 21:16

Jethro Bodeen wrote:This is what you get when the EPA makes it impossible to build refineries. To meet demand, the only thing the petroleum industry could do is expand existing refineries. Then when 1 goes down, a much larger percentage of the supply is agfected- causing a regional price spike. That's the unhappy results of out of control environmentalism that's enforced with an iron fist by the EPA and the Obamatard administration.

A bit more complicated than simply blaming the EPA. That plays a part but the oil companies aren't chomping at the bit to invest 100's of millions into long term relatively slow return capital projects and last I checked no one is lining up to live next to an oil refinery.

Big Oil had 8 years of a very friendly Bush2 administration and they continued to close refineries and expand production in the ones remaining. Can't blame the most recent administration. Big oil has been buying and closing independent refineries and dismantling them since the Reagan administration. That's 5 administrations and 36 years. Big oil accounting decided it was better to have fewer very large refineries.

Here's a link with some decent info from Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2015/03/02/forget-about-climate-change-americas-refineries-make-keystone-xl-a-bad-idea/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-12, 21:18

We're screwed. If they build more refineries what will they tell us? Prices have to go up, you know how much those cost to build? If the EPA keeps a heavy hand know what they'll say? Prices need to go up we can't produce enough. If output is fine, the epa will put more restrictions on production so prices go up, or they'll have a convenient breakdown.

And all of us had the wearwithal to go into that field so just bend over and take it.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-08-13, 00:43

Question for the economist on the board. Does a spike in price from say $2.25 a gallon to $2.90 a gallon really affect demand? Are there actual people out there who will balk at the price jump and not fill up and instead ride their bike to work tomorrow?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-13, 00:48

By-Tor wrote:Question for the economist on the board. Does a spike in price from say $2.25 a gallon to $2.90 a gallon really affect demand? Are there actual people out there who will balk at the price jump and not fill up and instead ride their bike to work tomorrow?

Demand doesn't seem to be significantly affected until gas gets over 3.50. Even then it's minimal until it goes over 4.

I just made that up but I believe it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-08-13, 00:56

Rocinante wrote:
By-Tor wrote:Question for the economist on the board. Does a spike in price from say $2.25 a gallon to $2.90 a gallon really affect demand? Are there actual people out there who will balk at the price jump and not fill up and instead ride their bike to work tomorrow?

Demand doesn't seem to be significantly affected until gas gets over 3.50. Even then it's minimal until it goes over 4.

I just made that up but I believe it.
i believe it too. So the reason of the price jump is low supply? Wouldn't they have to raise prices to 4$ If they are that worried about it? Seems like an excuse to make some $$$
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-13, 01:41

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.  287339
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-13, 06:57

By-Tor wrote:Question for the economist on the board.    Does a spike in price from say $2.25 a gallon to $2.90 a gallon really affect demand?    Are there actual  people out there who will balk at  the price jump and not fill up and instead ride their bike to work tomorrow?  
Sure it does.

Maybe it doesn't effect you. Or your neighbor. Or their neighbor... But if one guy in your entire neighborhood buys two fewer gallons of gas because things are tight and the price just went up- well, imagine how many neighborhoods there are and multiply that over the entire state and suddenly you are talking about a huge amount of gas.

I'm just making those numbers up, but there is going to be some kind of effect on demand somewhere. It won't remain totally static. People don't literally NEED gas to live, even though we think they do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-13, 07:48

wow - good thing I don't own a car.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-27, 15:10

It jumped about 30 cents here in a week. What gives. I see 2.55 to about 2.67.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-12-27, 15:17

I don't know.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-27, 15:18

DWags wrote: What gives.

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.  103824039-GettyImages-583839288.530x298
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-27, 15:19

DWags wrote:It jumped about 30 cents here in a week. What gives. I see 2.55 to about 2.67.

Wouldn't that be the typical holiday spike? More people traveling, so big oil hikes the price. Supply/Demand. And that's as far as I'll go so as not to Bin this up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-27, 15:25

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:It jumped about 30 cents here in a week. What gives. I see 2.55 to about 2.67.

Wouldn't that be the typical holiday spike? More people traveling, so big oil hikes the price. Supply/Demand. And that's as far as I'll go so as not to Bin this up.

I like it when businesses are stupid.

I guess I’m axing if anyone else has noticed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-27, 15:58

Well obviously Trump is filling all of his cars, hoarding the gas and screwing everyday Americans in the process there can be no other logical explanation. Well that or gas prices go up every holiday like clockwork.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-27, 16:07

LooseGoose wrote:

Well obviously Trump is filling all of his cars, hoarding the gas and screwing everyday Americans in the process there can be no other logical explanation. Well that or gas prices go up every holiday like clockwork.

I think we were trying to avoid Binspeak, Goose. And I already covered the holiday hike, so you're sort of stepping on my toes. Back off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-27, 16:21

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I think we were trying to avoid Binspeak, Goose. And I already covered the holiday hike, so you're sort of stepping on my toes. Back off.

I have never made any agreement to avoid Binspeak on this board.

It is funny how Goose goes into meltdown mode when Binspeak happens on this board...unless he is the one speaking Bin...then it is perfectly acceptable.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-27, 16:21

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sorry sweetie. I'm happier now, the Seminoles just covered the over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-27, 17:41

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Sorry sweetie. I'm happier now, the Seminoles just covered the over.

Aces! I'll be expecting something pretty. Love you, Bunny
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-27, 17:43

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It is funny how Goose goes into meltdown mode when Binspeak happens on this board...unless he is the one speaking Bin...then it is perfectly acceptable.

Well, I was using the Royal We.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-27, 17:47

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Nope, I simply listened to some advice and joined the crowd. Sorry that triggers you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-27, 17:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Nope, I simply listened to some advice and joined the crowd.   Sorry that triggers you.

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.  Giphy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-27, 18:02

I’m going to ban all of you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-27, 18:05

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.  502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-27, 18:11

Bin shit is bleeding over here.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-27, 18:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m going to ban all of you

Gas prices will go up about a dollar in the midwest for the next three weeks.  1443793835-giphy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-27, 18:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m going to ban all of you

Thank you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-27, 18:20

Of course Travis threatens to ban people because he is an unhinged power tripping mod
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-27, 18:22

Now the main board doesn’t get to see dwags’ #gastips

Good job. Good good job.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-27, 18:22

Really tired of this shit. SRC or Heat needs to get off their ass and finally put a year stamp on posts.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next