Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

+17
Gomer
DWags
Ass Dan
Snake Plissken
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Nordic
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Regardless of your feelings on abortion... Empty Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-21, 15:04

This is fucked up. California law clearly states that taping someone without their consent is illegal unless in a public place, which even then you have to prove that the person has no reasonable expectation of privacy.

wtf...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/anti-abortion-group-to-ask-judge-to-release-new-videos/2015/08/21/a324de1c-47c8-11e5-9f53-d1e3ddfd0cda_story.html
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Regardless of your feelings on abortion... Empty Re: Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-21, 15:08

You know it was illegal for the civil rights marchers to march in Selma.

Sometimes civil disobedience is warranted.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Regardless of your feelings on abortion... Empty Re: Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

Post by Turtleneck 2015-08-21, 15:09

This thread will end well.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-21, 15:10

Turtleneck wrote:This thread will end well.

Your new avatar looks a lot like one of my friends and he would totally pose with a dog. Pretty sure it's not him though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-21, 15:11

I really wish you had started this thread on a Tuesday morning so we could have had fun with it instead of a Friday when we probably won't. Shit, Bob probably won't even be here for like 72 more hours.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-21, 15:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I really wish you had started this thread on a Tuesday morning so we could have had fun with it instead of a Friday when we probably won't. Shit, Bob probably won't even be here for like 72 more hours.

I'll bump it Monday.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-21, 15:14

Rocinante wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I really wish you had started this thread on a Tuesday morning so we could have had fun with it instead of a Friday when we probably won't. Shit, Bob probably won't even be here for like 72 more hours.

I'll bump it Monday.
Thanks bro. I'll pretend to be worked about it then.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-21, 15:34

Rocinante wrote:

I'll bump it Monday.
It's always more palatable to talk about cutting a baby's face open to get it's brain out to sell on Mondays.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-21, 15:35

Rocinante wrote:

I'll bump it Monday.
From the bottom of the 1st page?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-21, 15:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I'll bump it Monday.
It's always more palatable to talk about cutting a baby's face open to get it's brain out to sell on Mondays.

bounce bounce bounce Regardless of your feelings on abortion... 3493939353
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-21, 15:46

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I'll bump it Monday.
Good, perfect. That's exactly what were looking for here. Just, hold onto that until Monday, all right? We can fix all the world's disagreements then, k?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-21, 16:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Good, perfect. That's exactly what were looking for here. Just, hold onto that until Monday, all right? We can fix all the world's disagreements then, k?
If play is slow tomorrow on my round of golf, do you mind if I chime in then, or do I just wait for Monday? What if I forget the point I was going to make?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-21, 16:20

InTenSity wrote:
If play is slow tomorrow on my round of golf, do you mind if I chime in then, or do I just wait for Monday? What if I forget the point I was going to make?
Oh chime in whenever you like, just hold on to the real anger until Monday. You know, all the stuff we are for sure going to say on this thread (I almost spoiled some of it there. Eeeeeee I'm so excited!) Maybe just sit right on that stuff. Or maybe go with a slow burn on it or something then unleash it on Monday
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-21, 16:45

I'm on mobile or I would jump right into this
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-21, 16:48

Didn't seem like these liberal groups had any problem releasing Romneys comments about the 47% he made in a closed door private function.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-21, 16:49

Do you have an expectation of privacy in a restaurant? I don't think so.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-08-21, 16:52

I have a conference call Monday and won't be able join the conversation. Can I get some bullet points?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-21, 16:54

Triple Sparty wrote:I have a conference call Monday and won't be able join the conversation. Can I get some bullet points?

I'll email you a summary of Bob's findings.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-21, 16:56

http://www.care2.com/causes/abuse-caught-on-video-at-livestock-auction-video.html

It's OK for libs to shoot undercover and illegal videos to save abused animals and livestock but not in the case of unborn humans?

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-21, 17:01

Regardless of your feelings on abortion... 2943907172
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-21, 17:47

The_Dude wrote:Do you have an expectation of privacy in a restaurant? I don't think so.

It depends on a lot of things. And you have to prove that the person could not reasonably expect their conversation to be private, which is really hard.

Dr. Strangelove wrote:http://www.care2.com/causes/abuse-caught-on-video-at-livestock-auction-video.html

It's OK for libs to shoot undercover and illegal videos to save abused animals and livestock but not in the case of unborn humans?

The difference is, once footage is out there, there's nothing to stop charges being brought, but if there's an identified group that illegally recorded the footage, they are liable.

So if you want your illegally obtained information to get out there, the best thing to do is dump it all at once, anonymously on the internet and then draw attention to it as though you are an non-involved third party.

In this case, the people who were illegally taped know who has the tapes and had filed suit already. That suit includes a requested gag order, but regardless of if that happens, the charges against the activists will be heard (and they'll probably lose). Hope they have deep pockets.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-21, 18:28

Dr. Strangelove wrote:http://www.care2.com/causes/abuse-caught-on-video-at-livestock-auction-video.html

Think of the reaction had these been videos of puppies?   Facebook/Reddit would have both melted down by now.  Even that stupid fucking lion got a much bigger reaction - but babies?   Nah, PPA is too much of an ally in the political war to harm.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-08-21, 20:01

Why do you guys have to Wells this thread up?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-21, 20:18

Rocinante wrote:This is fucked up. California law clearly states that taping someone without their consent is illegal unless in a public place, which even then you have to prove that the person has no reasonable expectation of privacy.

wtf...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/anti-abortion-group-to-ask-judge-to-release-new-videos/2015/08/21/a324de1c-47c8-11e5-9f53-d1e3ddfd0cda_story.html

There are people who believe in their cause so deeply they don't think laws matter until others breaking laws act towards them.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-22, 15:04

Bump.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-22, 18:01

I thought we were waiting until Monday.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-22, 19:46

Rocinante wrote:I thought we were waiting until Monday.

Bump.

Just thought I'd dangle it out there for any of the weekend warriors that stop in. Think of it as Coming Attractions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-08-22, 19:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I'll bump it Monday.

Aaaaaaand away we go....
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-22, 20:33

Odd how many of those who want to protect life never want to consider expansion of social services for children who are born to families needing assistance. A lot of concern until the the child starts breathing air when their beliefs in fiscal responsibilities kick in.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-08-22, 20:49

Bump
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-22, 20:59

If Trump were president, this wouldn't even be an issue.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-08-22, 21:00

Pretty sure the SCOTUS has ruled they are not a person at that point yet Ted Cruz
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-22, 21:25

Bump. I'm getting excited you guys. Barely 24 hours away
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-22, 21:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Bump. I'm getting excited you guys. Barely 24 hours away
STOP REMINDING ME THAT MONDAY IS INEVITABLE!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-22, 21:47

Snake Plissken wrote:

Pretty sure the SCOTUS has ruled they are not a person at that point yet Ted Cruz

Not sure what the point is your trying to make.

I was contrasting the left's outrage over animal abuse allowed them to embrace the use of undercover and illegal recordings.

But paradoxically they decry the use of videos that expose their trade in aborted baby organs.

Personally I think abortion should be legal until the baby is viable to live outside the womb (aprx 20-24 weeks) but that's neither here or there. In any case of the federal government shouldn't pay for abortions. Now PP will say that fed funds don't pay for abortions but that's crap - the money the feds give frees up money for abortions. Additionally I don't think it's a great idea or fair to fund a partisan group that actively campaigns against the gop.

There bait taken
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-23, 02:03

Bump. Less than 24 hours, sports fans.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-23, 02:21

tGreenWay wrote:Bump. Less than 24 hours, sports fans.  
+1, like and retweet. 

Also, I'm kind of drunk. It's tempting to unwrap the bow on this little gem right now, but you know what? I'm not going to. It's so much better if I just hold tight instead of peaking a day early.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-23, 07:12

tGreenWay wrote:Bump. Less than 24 hours, sports fans.  
+1, like and retweet. 

Also, I'm kind of drunk. It's tempting to unwrap the bow on this little gem right now, but you know what? I'm not going to. It's so much better if I just hold tight instead of peaking a day early.
I agree, there's nothing quite like the anticipation of a discussion on the morality of dismembering babies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-23, 07:20

Spin any way you want it comes down to PP traffics in dead baby parts
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-08-23, 09:16

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Spin any way you want it comes down to PP traffics in dead baby parts

Can't care. If it leads to a cure for deadly diseases then I'm fine with it. Those babies are dead anyways.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next