Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People are so damned touchy anymore.

+17
GRR Spartan
DWags
Turtleneck
StylesGShmooth
NigelUno
SpartanInNH
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
steveschneider
Blanch32
Cym Jim
Rocinante
Ass Dan
y2kMgrad
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

touchy - People are so damned touchy anymore. Empty People are so damned touchy anymore.

Post by Guest 24/08/15, 09:28 pm

So now it's offensive to be attracted to freshmen women.........

Sigma Nu Fraternity suspends ODU chapter after display of offensive banners

Norfolk, Va. – Old Dominion University officials took time from their weekend to respond to some banners hung up at an off-campus home that are upsetting many.

touchy - People are so damned touchy anymore. Odu-banners
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

touchy - People are so damned touchy anymore. Empty Re: People are so damned touchy anymore.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 24/08/15, 09:33 pm

Rape culture
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

touchy - People are so damned touchy anymore. Empty Re: People are so damned touchy anymore.

Post by Herbie Green 24/08/15, 09:46 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Rape culture

You are so much smarter than I was at your age.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 24/08/15, 09:50 pm

Funny, but classless.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 24/08/15, 10:35 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:Funny, but classless.

Hugely creepy. That's one of those ideas that you tell a couple buddies about, have a chuckle about how "crazy" that would be, and then go back to butt chugging Busch lights.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 24/08/15, 11:34 pm

Be a little more subtle and it's funny. Be blatant and it's creepy. Stupid.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 25/08/15, 12:22 am

And students wonder why their local communities have little respect for them.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 25/08/15, 11:18 am

Herbie Green wrote:

You are so much smarter than I was at your age.

Hey, thanks man. Appreciate you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 01:21 pm

Fwiw, I really don't see that promoting rape. It 3 huge signs that says these dudes are creeps. What bigger warning do you need?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 25/08/15, 01:31 pm

Free speech
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 25/08/15, 01:50 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Fwiw, I really don't see that promoting rape. It 3 huge signs that says these dudes are creeps. What bigger warning do you need?

The fact that people find this funny, especially outside of a frat house which are notorious for sexual assaults and the like, is certainly evidence of the rape culture we still live in today.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 25/08/15, 01:52 pm

steveschneider wrote:Free speech

Nah. Not if you're a fraternity.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 25/08/15, 01:54 pm

...no.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 25/08/15, 02:02 pm

OverDose University
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 25/08/15, 02:04 pm

Yes, you are correct. And as a result these people will not be arrested by the government. 

If the school decides that it doesn't want a bunch of morons representing it in a negative way anymore, as they clearly have seeing as we are talking about old dominion for only this reason, and decides to kick them out... Well, that would have nothing to do with free speech, now would it?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/15, 04:39 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Fwiw, I really don't see that promoting  rape.  It 3 huge signs that says these dudes are creeps.  What bigger warning do you need?

The fact that people find this funny, especially outside of a frat house which are notorious for sexual assaults and the like, is certainly evidence of the rape culture we still live in today.
Notorious like UVA where Rolling Stone and the woman made it all up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 25/08/15, 04:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Oh, goose, you and your one example. Keep up the good fight, man.

Jesus, you seem like a good person but you are stuck in whatever era you grew up in. You're not going to win with your ignorant ways, people are smarter and society is evolving. Get with it or be the old guy yelling at clouds from his porch.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/15, 05:01 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Jesus, you seem like a good person but you are stuck in whatever era you grew up in. You're not going to win with your ignorant ways, people are smarter and society is evolving. Get with it or be the old guy yelling at clouds from his porch.
One example?   The Columbia woman with the mattress on her back?  All made up.   The University of Wyoming woman that caused a HUGE uproar.  All made up.   The Lena Dunham Oberlin College rape saga?  All made up.

Don't feed me that one example shit - women make this up all the time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 25/08/15, 05:09 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

One example?   The Columbia woman with the mattress on her back?  All made up.   The University of Wyoming woman that caused a HUGE uproar.  All made up.   The Lena Dunham Oberlin College rape saga?  All made up.

OK, because some women have made it up - that means sexual assault is just a sham with regards to college campuses and frats?

You went to MSU, right? You can't really be this dense. It's a fucking problem, guy, everywhere. I'd grab some links but I don't think it's worth it at this point. You seem to be the typical old guy who doesn't get why you can't slap a waitress' ass in a bar anymore.

BTW, Goose, 1 in 4 women will be sexually assaulted during their academic career. Get a fucking grip.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 25/08/15, 05:51 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Can you provide links for those examples?

Serious, not a set up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 06:00 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Promise me this is 10% reponse. You're a millennial so I honestly don't know if so serious since your generation loaths humor and anything remotely manly in general
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 06:03 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Yes, you are correct. And as a result these people will not be arrested by the government. 

If the school decides that it doesn't want a bunch of morons representing it in a negative way anymore, as they clearly have seeing as we are talking about old dominion for only this reason, and decides to kick them out... Well, that would have nothing to do with free speech, now would it?

Since they did not do this as a representative of odu and in their private residence that would be a violation but you're a lib, so you wouldn't understand.

The first amendment is jealous of the second
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 06:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

OK, because some women have made it up - that means sexual assault is just a sham with regards to college campuses and frats?

You went to MSU, right? You can't really be this dense. It's a fucking problem, guy, everywhere. I'd grab some links but I don't think it's worth it at this point. You seem to be the typical old guy who doesn't get why you can't slap a waitress' ass in a bar anymore.

BTW, Goose, 1 in 4 women will be sexually assaulted during their academic career. Get a fucking grip.

Oh Jesus he is serious.

Look chach, remove booze from campus and go to byu if you think is is a epidemic. Otherwise watch "where the boys are" and get back to me.

Sincerely,

Someone who was sexual assaulted by a chick using your 1 in 4 stat
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/15, 06:33 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Can you provide links for those examples?

Serious, not a set up.
You can't set me up on those - I follow this shit pretty closely.

The Columbia saga:
Columbia Student: I Didn’t Rape Her
Columbia ‘Mattress Girl’ saga continues as another allegation is toast

The Wyoming Hoax - and there have been many of these:
Police say liberal student activist threatened herself with rape in Facebook hoax, framed conservatives

The Lena Dunham Oberline College "Rape" hoax:
Lena Dunham, Rolling Stone, and Rape
INVESTIGATION: Lena Dunham ‘Raped by a Republican’ Story in Bestseller Collapses Under Scrutiny

BTW the 1-4 sexual assault stat is made up bullshit too.

And it's not just those examples, there are 1000 more of them - like the Duke Lacrosse shit that turned out to be all bullshit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/15, 06:40 pm

Soon I expect to be accused of "supporting" rape for debunking bullshit....

No, 1 in 5 women have not been raped on college campuses

A shock claim that “one in five women on college campuses have been sexually assaulted” has been parroted by politicians — including President Obama — who are hoping to score points defending women in a supposed war against them.
But in reality, this claim is misleading at best.
It has been debunked multiple times, but apparently the paranoia it causes is just too good to let facts get in the way, so I am going to debunk it again.
The statistic comes from a 2007 Campus Sexual Assault study conducted by the National Institute of Justice, a division of the Justice Department. The researchers made clear that the study consisted of students from just two universities, but some politicians ignored that for their talking point, choosing instead to apply the small sample across all U.S. college campuses.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 25/08/15, 08:32 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Since they did not do this as a representative of odu and in their private residence that would be a violation but you're a lib, so you wouldn't understand.

If you knew how to read you would know that I said that it's not a violation of the first amendment. But since you don't... Well. Yeah.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 25/08/15, 08:37 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

That's not true, OTPT. Comedy isn't actuality. It's hilarious... you can joke about rape, it's okay. You can joke about ANYTHING. You should be able to joke about EVERYTHING. There's no rape culture, Jamie Kilstein.

Joe Rogan explains it pretty well...

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 08:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Soon I expect to be accused of "supporting" rape for debunking bullshit....

No, 1 in 5 women have not been raped on college campuses

A shock claim that “one in five women on college campuses have been sexually assaulted” has been parroted by politicians — including President Obama — who are hoping to score points defending women in a supposed war against them.
But in reality, this claim is misleading at best.
It has been debunked multiple times, but apparently the paranoia it causes is just too good to let facts get in the way, so I am going to debunk it again.
The statistic comes from a 2007 Campus Sexual Assault study conducted by the National Institute of Justice, a division of the Justice Department. The researchers made clear that the study consisted of students from just two universities, but some politicians ignored that for their talking point, choosing instead to apply the small sample across all U.S. college campuses.

Fwiw. This same shit is how we got to the .08 dui level. Science not welcomed if not convient.

....and fyi OTPT has never had sex with a typsy girl even once. Not even his girlfriend
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 08:47 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

If you knew how to read you would know that I said that it's not a violation of the first amendment. But since you don't... Well. Yeah.

I do know how to read so yes it is a violation of free speech as I provided examples while you did not. 3.98 mutha fucka
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 25/08/15, 08:52 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

I do know how  to read so yes it is a violation of free speech as I provided examples while you did not.  3.98 mutha fucka
A violation of what exactly? My tiny little non 3.98 brain can't wrap around this upper level quantum physics shit you are doing where you think that the first amendment protects you from consequences from non government entity.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 08:58 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

I do know how  to read so yes it is a violation of free speech as I provided examples while you did not.  3.98 mutha fucka
A violation of what exactly? My tiny little non 3.98 brain can't wrap around this upper level quantum physics shit you are doing where you think that the first amendment protects you from consequences from non government entity.

Were you ever at midnight yell where the coeds flashed their tors out of their dormroom window? Should msu have expelled them?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 09:00 pm

toc,

Another example is Gordon gee. He resigned bc he was act an official function and spoke his mind.

Now had he done the same at his neighbors bbq on a sunday, should he have been punished by osu?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 25/08/15, 09:02 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Were you ever at midnight yell where the coeds flashed their tors out of their dormroom window?  Should msu have expelled them?
That has literally nothing to do with freedom of speech. Just like the ODU situation.

Jesus, our honors college really blows you guys.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 25/08/15, 09:03 pm

I love blanch.

Dude delivers.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 25/08/15, 09:04 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

touchy - People are so damned touchy anymore. Baker
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 09:06 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Were you ever at midnight yell where the coeds flashed their tors out of their dormroom window?  Should msu have expelled them?
That has literally nothing to do with freedom of speech. Just like the ODU situation.

Yes it does. People have the right to act like idiots in their own home, much like I assume you are doing right now. For its a pillarstone this country was founded on
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 25/08/15, 09:10 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Yes it does.  People have the right to act like idiots in their own home, much like I assume you are doing right now. For its a pillarstone this country was founded on
And the government can't do shit about it. You're right. And they haven't. So, were all good on freedom of speech. 

There are still consequences for saying dumb things. Like, for instance, I could be doing anything else right now. Instead I'm being an idiot and continuing this high school government conversation for no real reason. My consequence is that opportunity cost. Apparently those college kids screwed up even worse.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/15, 09:13 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Yes it does.  People have the right to act like idiots in their own home, much like I assume you are doing right now. For its a pillarstone this country was founded on
And the government can't do shit about it. You're right. And they haven't. So, were all good on freedom of speech. 

There are still consequences for saying dumb things. Like, for instance, I could be doing anything else right now. Instead I'm being an idiot and continuing this high school government conversation for no real reason. My consequence is that opportunity cost. Apparently those college kids screwed up even worse.

Then your cool with the god mods refusal to make wedding cakes for the gays? Or do you want black people to be banned from the waffle house counter like the "good ole" days
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 25/08/15, 09:14 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Then your cool with the god mods refusal to make wedding cakes for the gays? Or do you want black people to be banned from the waffle house counter like the "good ole" days
Whaaaaaaaaat
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 25/08/15, 09:18 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

Are you confusing freedom of speech with discrimination?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next