Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday?

+11
SpartanInNH
CORNER BLITZ
Death Roe
Blanch32
Giant Moose
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
15 posters

Go down

Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday? Empty Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday?

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-09, 17:21

And make a statement? Like hold the Ducks to 30 points or do some real good work?

Havent really seen anyone say they think the defense will breakout this game.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday? Empty Re: Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-09, 17:25

After last week's game, not really. With that said, they did show flashes of promise. Is Hicks going to be back? Edmondson and the canuck seemed to stick out to me, while Copeland impressed. I hope Hicks plays, he played solid against Oregon last year.

Our linebackers will need to tackle much much better in space, that's for sure. I think we win 45-35.

PS - are you banned from rcmb? Thought I read that while I browsed earlier today.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday? Empty Re: Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday?

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-09, 17:26

Why don't you ask Valenti?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-09, 18:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:After last week's game, not really. With that said, they did show flashes of promise. Is Hicks going to be back? Edmondson and the canuck seemed to stick out to me, while Copeland impressed. I hope Hicks plays, he played solid against Oregon last year.

Our linebackers will need to tackle much much better in space, that's for sure. I think we win 45-35.

PS - are you banned from rcmb? Thought I read that while I browsed earlier today.

I'm currently banned. Dunno if it's perma or not.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-09, 18:11

We were just disguising some coverages against Western.

sunny
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-09, 19:13

The_Dude wrote:And make a statement?  Like hold the Ducks to 30 points or do some real good work?

If they play like you troll MSU message boards they'll hold the Ducks scoreless.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-09-09, 20:37; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-09, 19:18

GRR Spartan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:And make a statement? Like hold the Ducks to 30 points or do some real good work?

If they play like you troll MSU message boards they'll had the Ducks scoreless.
Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday? 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-09, 19:23

I am. The biggest road game their QB has ever played is at Washington. He'll be nervous.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-09, 19:25

The_Dude wrote:'m currently banned. Dunno if it's perma or not.
What did you do? And did you get banned by the costumed mod?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-09, 19:46

Paging duffy.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-09, 20:40

The_Dude wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:After last week's game, not really. With that said, they did show flashes of promise. Is Hicks going to be back? Edmondson and the canuck seemed to stick out to me, while Copeland impressed. I hope Hicks plays, he played solid against Oregon last year.

Let's hope not.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-09-09, 21:07

The_Dude wrote:

Darn. That board really misses your shitty analysis.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-09, 21:54

Turtleneck wrote:Why don't you ask Valenti?

Good one!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-09-09, 22:20

Yes
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-09-13, 12:52

Bump for the shitty analysis by one of the RCMB rejects.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-13, 13:00

The dude has been Silent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-09-13, 13:15

Death Roe wrote:Bump for the shitty analysis by one of the RCMB rejects.

Is anyone here optimistic our defense can rise to the occasion Saturday? 502811600
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-13, 13:36

The pseudo Spartan has another Saturday disappointment.

Victory for MSU and victory for The Swill
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-13, 14:42

GRR Spartan wrote:The pseudo Spartan has another Saturday disappointment.

Victory for MSU and victory for The Swill

I was sitting in section 22 row 12.

Where were your seats for the game?

Our defense looks better and Copeland co to use to impress although I don't know his status.

We have some easier games coming up...focus on better tackling with the back 7 and our defense can become scary good with how dominant the DL is.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-13, 14:44

No one said yes before the game now everyone is Captain Hindsight lol.

Spartan Dawg D is back.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-13, 14:55

The pseudo Spartan is expressing faux outrage.

You'll take a breath and start another trolling.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-09-13, 15:48

The_Dude wrote:No one said yes before the game now everyone is Captain Hindsight lol.

Spartan Dawg D is back.

I said yes
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-13, 15:50

My score prediction was 33-27 MSU, so yes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-13, 21:59

Blanch32 wrote:Paging duffy.....

Duffy called it again! Just ask him. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-13, 22:00

kingstonlake wrote:My score prediction was 33-27 MSU, so yes.

Nice. If the passing offense can get better (use the TEs and Arnett more) we just may be able to stay with tOSU.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-13, 22:01

GRR Spartan wrote:The pseudo Spartan is expressing faux outrage.

Boring and tiresome troll. Try again.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-09-13, 22:11

The_Dude wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:The pseudo Spartan is expressing faux outrage.

Yet accurate.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-13, 22:17

The_Dude wrote:No one said yes before the game now everyone is Captain Hindsight lol.

Spartan Dawg D is back.
What did you say?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-13, 22:27

DWags wrote:

Spartan Dawg D is back.
What did you say?

I said our D is back. Saw them first hand last night. Holding Oregon to 21 points and shutting down their run game for the most part while beating up their good OL was impressive.they found more room once Cooeland went out but Cope was sticking with those guys.

The no fly zone mint be making a comeback sooner than later.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-13, 22:28

The Dude is upset with someone calling him out on his attempt(s) to troll here like he trolls the corporate board.

It might be different if The Dude didn't have a history but he's a "fan" who seems to enjoy MSU defeats because it opens up more opportunities to troll.  

Every time Coach Dantonio and the team win a game it eliminates another avenue for the troll.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-13, 22:29

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Yet accurate.

How was your golf outing?

Benig at the game live was awesome.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-13, 22:33

By the way, the boys played even better than The Dude trolls
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-09-13, 22:37

I was optimistic, rightfully so. 

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t6491p400-2015-16-football-thread#173038

Where I was wrong was that I figured our Offense would get into the 40s, and I didn't anticipate another ST TD.  Evil or Very Mad
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-13, 22:39

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:
What did you say?

I said our D is back. Saw them first hand last night. Holding Oregon to 21 points and shutting down their run game for the most part while beating up their good OL was impressive.they found more room once Cooeland went out but Cope was sticking with those guys.

Where did you say that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-13, 23:05

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Where did you say that?

Post game.

Just admit it...not many people thought our D could severely limit Oregon.

Funny how our offense--not defense almost blew it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-13, 23:08

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:
Where did you say that?

Post game.

Oregon has a really good offense.  So does OSU.  So did Baylor last year. 

Where did you say it post game?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-09-13, 23:10

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Post game.

Oregon has a really good offense.  So does OSU.  So did Baylor last year. 

Where did you say it post game?
Can't believe I'm white-knighting for the Dude, but in the same post you quoted he said it. 

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t7898-is-anyone-here-optimistic-our-defense-can-rise-to-the-occasion-saturday#173547
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-13, 23:16

OK, got it.  Just skimming once I realized he didn't say it pregame.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-13, 23:28

They rose to the occasion on some plays. On some other ones they did not.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down