Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about your worst job ever

+27
tGreenWay
goodbar
Marc Summers
Zeno
Heathens '87
Two Star At Best
Bud Fox
Duke Silver
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
MSU addict
MSUgöat
SpartanGuard
Frank Ricard
Floyd Robertson
Ass Dan
A. Allen
Cosmo_Kramer
Cym Jim
Rocinante
The Pantry
Gob Bluth
Turtleneck
LoneWolfSparty
InTenSity
SeeRockCity
WhiteBoyHatcher
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tell me about your worst job ever Empty Tell me about your worst job ever

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-06, 22:02

I've had some really bad corporate ones and some really bad blue collar ones.

What was yours, and why did it suck?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your worst job ever Empty Re: Tell me about your worst job ever

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-06, 22:05

Aunt Jane's Pickle Factory. Summer Job, packing pickle jars into cases, four at a time for hours on end.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-06, 22:10

Not sure if it was the worst, but I worked at the Damon's on lake Lansing. I got along with everyone but the gm, including the owner and regional manager. Finally at some employee party, maybe a Xmas party,I had enough to drink and enough of his shit, that I finally lost it. Told him to **** off, took a swing at him, probably took a couple punches back and left. I never went back.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-06, 22:10

My current job is starting to suck bad.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-06, 22:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've had some really bad corporate ones and some really bad blue collar ones.

What was yours, and why did it suck?

I don't work for my money. My money works for me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gob Bluth 2014-05-06, 22:35

Arby's in Frandor.

I was the only employee who was attending/had ever attended college. I was one of three employees without a criminal record. The manager's son also worked there, and was a useless piece of shit. During one lunch rush, some asshole put in an order for 50 Arby melts. This kid and I are the only two in the kitchen. I start slicing beef. He starts making a giant batch of fucking chicken salad.

I finally reached my breaking point when the crackhead pregnant girl working the drive through fucked up and emptied the deep fryers onto the floor, and expected everybody else to mop it up. Walked out and didn't even come back to get my last paycheck.
Gob Bluth
Gob Bluth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-05-06, 22:40

Working for my ungrateful, self-entitled ex-wife, Tina
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-06, 22:44

The Pantry wrote:Working for my ungrateful, self-entitled ex-wife, Tina

Rules.....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-06, 22:48

Gob Bluth wrote:Arby's in Frandor.

During one lunch rush, some asshole put in an order for 50 Arby melts. This kid and I are the only two in the kitchen.

Sorry about that.

Sincerely,

Tell me about your worst job ever Bilde?Site=C4&Date=20130210&Category=SPORTS06&ArtNo=302100232&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&U-M-coach-Brady-Hoke-prefers-sticking-close-home-search-prospects
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-06, 22:58

InTenSity wrote:Not sure if it was the worst, but I worked at the Damon's on lake Lansing. I got along with everyone but the gm, including the owner and regional manager. Finally at some employee party, maybe a Xmas party,I had enough to drink and enough of his shit, that I finally lost it. Told him to **** off, took a swing at him, probably took a couple punches back and left. I never went back.

So you got your ass kicked.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-05-06, 23:05

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Rules.....
Meh...not worth another PPO.

Sorta like this but 100% Italian

Tell me about your worst job ever Brooke10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-06, 23:24

gHost Spartan wrote:The first was when I was in high school and I worked at a local pizza place. The owner was a true Italian, from Italy. An old guy.

As opposed to a true Italian from Japan?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-05-07, 00:19

I had a summer job in high school in a warehouse. One assignment was from a chocolate factory that had become infested with ants. The job was to open the fancy cans of chocolates, throw the chocolates away, and vacuum the ants out of the cans so they could reuse then. Cheap bastards. Another was taking supermarket brand labels off cans of pineapple chunks and replacing them with Del Monte labels. Not sure if that was legal. Seemed like every other day some moron crashed the forklift into something and got fired.

I also stacked shelves in the pet food section of a supermarket. I'd make sure every cat on every can was looking forward at exactly the same angle like some mental hall of cat mirrors, and would stare customers down as they walked down my aisle to make sure they didn't dare touch anything.

Last edited by Cym Jim on 2014-05-07, 16:23; edited 1 time in total
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-07, 01:35

The Pantry wrote:Working for my ungrateful, self-entitled ex-wife, Tina

Tell me about your worst job ever H97CAAD4D
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Allen 2014-05-07, 03:42

Fish processing plant when I was 16, McDonald's at 17. Awful, awful summers.

Picked up a public address announcer job with a collegiate summer baseball team when I was 18. That was, without question, my favorite job.
A. Allen
A. Allen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-07, 04:09

Ice cream truck driver.

**** that job.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-05-07, 05:07

Meat packing plant when I was 17, springing hams from the molds. I lasted at that job for 4 hours. Just walked up to the supervisor bitch and said this job blows and I quit. She says, "but 20 year-old Timmy has been here for three years and he loves it!" to which I replied, "well, Timmy's gonna be a lifer, but I'm out".

Got me an outdoor job three days later in construction for some brick masons. That was one of my best jobs ever. The only downside was all that fucking mortar dust going up your nose. Who heard of facemasks back in the 70s?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-05-07, 05:39

Dishwasher at Little Bob's restaurant at Mackinaw Island. Before that I was a fudge cook at Ryba's, but all the women that I wanted to fuckaroundwith worked at Little Bob's. I at least had fun after work, but washing pots and pans with a goddamn brillo pad sucked.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-07, 06:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:Meat packing plant when I was 17, springing hams from the molds.  I lasted at that job for 4 hours.  Just walked up to the supervisor bitch and said this job blows and I quit.  She says, "but 20 year-old Timmy has been here for three years and he loves it!"  to which I replied, "well, Timmy's gonna be a lifer, but I'm out".

Got me an outdoor job three days later in construction for some brick masons.  That was one of my best jobs ever.  The only downside was all that fucking mortar dust going up your nose.  Who heard of facemasks back in the 70s?

I thought the 70s was the decade of putting things up your nose...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-05-07, 07:24

Turtleneck wrote:I thought the 70s was the decade of putting things up your nose

I think the days of Peruvian marching powder were mostly the 80s.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-07, 08:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I think the days of Peruvian marching powder were mostly the 80s.

True. The age of aspiring Gordon Gekkos.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-05-07, 09:06

Jimmy Johns in college. I worked a closing shift over the summer (which meant working 10pm to 4 am). One of the 3 MSU stores closed early and their calls got directed to our store, but if they were outside our delivery area, we had to direct them to the other store. I think it was my first or second night there when we got a call from a drunk dude who was in the other store's delivery area. When I told him I couldn't transfer his call, he responded with "f*** you, bitch" and hung up. Great start.

I also had to close the Sunday before MLK day. Sooooo many drunk idiots. One of the store's employees came in, also drunk, and for some reason the idiot manager let him clock in because we were short staffed. The manager told the guy to be careful. 5 minutes in, what does the guy do? Cuts himself with a knife. On the food prep surface. That was fun.

There was also a total creeper manager when I started, who thankfully got fired a few months later--he was married but kept trying to hit on another girl. Head manager was a douche who was always telling me the ways I could get fired. Dress code was a joke, especially for a girl like me who can't rock short shorts (it was those or jeans...in July). And we had a jerk driver who probably shouldn't have had a license and was a huge Walverine. It was good money but I was glad to leave.

tl;dr version: Jimmy Johns sucks as an employee.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSUgöat 2014-05-07, 09:10

First job and also the most awful was working at Burger King one summer. I wanted to kill myself before every shift began I hated it so much.
MSUgöat
MSUgöat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-07, 09:54

Just had my review. All 4s out of 5s. Last year all 5s. Raise? .8%

I'm done. That's how they reward their brightest and best?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-07, 10:54

K9 Pet Store in Warren. Owner was a crotchety piece of shit who made me maneuver a hi-lo in about an 8x10-foot radius. Then, when I hit a shelf (I was untrained in hi-lo driving) and knocked over multiple bags of dog food, he said I cost him $2,000 worth of dog food. He's probably dead now, or close to. **** you, Claude.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2014-05-07, 11:24

Fresh out of high school I joined the Army. This was just after the Vietnam War and people were not generally supportive of our military as they thankfully are today.

I did it to fund my college education but it sucked.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-05-07, 14:23

MSUgöat wrote:First job and also the most awful was working at Burger King one summer. I wanted to kill myself before every shift began I hated it so much.

You aren't a ratard so you worked the register or drive thru, right?

pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-07, 14:31

SpartanGuard wrote:Jimmy Johns in college. I worked a closing shift over the summer (which meant working 10pm to 4 am). One of the 3 MSU stores closed early and their calls got directed to our store, but if they were outside our delivery area, we had to direct them to the other store. I think it was my first or second night there when we got a call from a drunk dude who was in the other store's delivery area. When I told him I couldn't transfer his call, he responded with "f*** you, bitch" and hung up. Great start.

I also had to close the Sunday before MLK day. Sooooo many drunk idiots. One of the store's employees came in, also drunk, and for some reason the idiot manager let him clock in because we were short staffed. The manager told the guy to be careful. 5 minutes in, what does the guy do? Cuts himself with a knife. On the food prep surface. That was fun.

There was also a total creeper manager when I started, who thankfully got fired a few months later--he was married but kept trying to hit on another girl. Head manager was a douche who was always telling me the ways I could get fired. Dress code was a joke, especially for a girl like me who can't rock short shorts (it was those or jeans...in July). And we had a jerk driver who probably shouldn't have had a license and was a huge Walverine. It was good money but I was glad to leave.

Jimmy Johns sucks as a consumer..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver 2014-05-07, 14:34

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Just had my review. All 4s out of 5s. Last year all 5s. Raise? .8%

I'm done. That's how they reward their brightest and best?

Well in their defense you did show a slight regression.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bud Fox 2014-05-07, 14:36

My first job out of school was internal audit, it was a good experience but couldn't pay me enough to do that again.
Bud Fox
Bud Fox
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best 2014-05-07, 14:40

Worked for a company like Servicemaster sophomore year. Got to cleanup a pickup truck after a guy put a 12 ga slug through his dome in it. No pieces but man was that a lot of blood.
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-07, 14:41

I've never had a job I hated.. or I considered bad..

the summer after high school graduation I worked construction. That was pretty rough because a) I was down south so it was hot as Georgia asphalt and b) since I was the kid on the crew, I got all of the jobs, chores, tasks, etc nobody else wanted....

but it was kinda fun, though. I learned a lot and it made me thankful to go off to college in the fall.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2014-05-07, 14:48

Joined a company that was in a bit of a re-organization after a sexual harassment lawsuit had forced out the #2 and divided the office. That was the mess I knew. Come to find out that the CEO had developed a substantial drinking problem, would start around 10 am before napping at 2 pm to sober up for the drive home. The head of sales had to blow to get his car started as he was the tag-along and the head finance guy was being comped for weekend trips to Vegas with the company bank accounts dropping over the weekend before money showed back up on Monday. The rest of the company either loved the CEO or hated him, depending on which side of the lawsuit they were on as it went through depositions and an eventual settlement.

At some point, we had to fire someone, I was the one to do it, but it took the CEO eight Manhattans at 11 am to join the meeting (I watched him drink with a combination of admiration and disbelief). That was my jumping off point. I left soon thereafter and there was then an investigation about a shell company the CEO had set up to add to his compensation (and the sales and finance guy as well). Company was sold a few years later, everyone was let go and the new owners put in place the recommendations I had brought to table. Slight vindication for my work, but zero regrets.

Never work for a dysfunctional alcoholic. Who knew?!
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-07, 14:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Jimmy Johns sucks as a consumer..

You shut your butt, Bob
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-07, 15:15

Ass Dan wrote:

You shut your butt, Bob
 Razz 
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeno 2014-05-07, 15:19

She was a little chubby but energetic, so I gave her a shot.  Big mistake.  She used way too much teeth.  I just made her stop because I couldn't finish.
Zeno
Zeno
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2014-05-07, 15:45

I imagine in in my final months at my current job. Working 70 hours per week, and they actually just cut the pay of everyone in my area by about 35%. Still the ability to make good money, but I really don't think its worth the hours anymore.

Thinking of just quitting and enjoying the Summer, and enjoying my fucking life.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-05-07, 16:02

InTenSity wrote:Not sure if it was the worst, but I worked at the Damon's on lake Lansing. I got along with everyone but the gm, including the owner and regional manager. Finally at some employee party, maybe a Xmas party,I had enough to drink and enough of his shit, that I finally lost it. Told him to **** off, took a swing at him, probably took a couple punches back and left. I never went back.

Tell me about your worst job ever 502811600

"Fvck you, Todd! I've had enough of your shit!"
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-07, 16:33

I was a fluffer at a Bengal tiger fertilization clinic. Ouch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-05-07, 16:49

SpartanGuard wrote:Jimmy Johns in college. I worked a closing shift over the summer (which meant working 10pm to 4 am). One of the 3 MSU stores closed early and their calls got directed to our store, but if they were outside our delivery area, we had to direct them to the other store. I think it was my first or second night there when we got a call from a drunk dude who was in the other store's delivery area. When I told him I couldn't transfer his call, he responded with "f*** you, bitch" and hung up. Great start.

Buscemi & Willy? Wait Willy goes by Jeff now? Jeff?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next