Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country?

+9
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Screw tRCMB
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
13 posters

Go down

Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country? Empty Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country?

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-28, 09:14

Every solid season we've had recently, MSU fans have complained that we didn't get enough respect and it took too long for us to jump in the polls. Now, we are getting major respect nationally for our sustained success and many think we are overrated and don't even deserve to be in the Top 4 let alone #2.

Are we ever allowed to be happy?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country? Empty Re: Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country?

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-28, 09:19

I'm happy. I figure there isn't much I can do to improve the team though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country? Empty Re: Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-28, 09:20

InTenSity wrote:I'm happy. I figure there isn't much I can do to improve the team though.
you need to reconsider your priorities in life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-28, 09:20

InTenSity wrote:I'm happy. I figure there isn't much I can do to improve the team though.
I just feel like we always have to complain about something. Granted this is what message boards do, but we finally got the national respect we've always hoped for. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of that and not listen to miserable guys like Rexrode.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-28, 09:24

Right now we're kind of like the new girl that moves into the neighborhood. From a distance she looks hot and you want to bang her. The closer you live to her you can start to see her imperfections and she's only 2/10 would not bang.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-28, 09:52

Wow, I just looked over at the corporate site. Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country? 502811600 If I didn't know our record, I'd assume we were 2-2, and about to struggle to make a bowl game.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-28, 09:58

InTenSity wrote:Wow, I just looked over at the corporate site. Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country? 502811600 If I didn't know our record, I'd assume we were 2-2, and about to struggle to make a bowl game.

Wow, a lot of heavily down voted threads started by the demand excellencers. The sunshine optimists are out in force.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-28, 10:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Wow, I just looked over at the corporate site. Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country? 502811600 If I didn't know our record, I'd assume we were 2-2, and about to struggle to make a bowl game.

Wow, a lot of heavily down voted threads started by the demand excellencers. The sunshine optimists are out in force.
Top threads with downvotes. Ft Wayne Dave, who IIRC, always has 1 foot dangling off the edge of a cliff, perpetual Debbie Downer. Hoplite, who I've never heard of before is winning with 2 threads in the -40 range. I dunno that's about all I looked at. If the negativity just didn't come from the same people over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over, it might not be that annoying.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Screw tRCMB 2015-09-28, 11:58

I'm thrilled at being #2.  Just concerned, as our guys have a lot of room for improvement.  The combination right cross/uppercut of SCum 31-0 over BYU and Utah 62-20 over Oregon was very sobering.  And for the first time in a long time, I'm glad I don't live in Michigan and have to put up with the slurpfest.  You just know the Detroit media are going to hype the MSU - SCum game in SCum' s favor like it's the Super Bowl.  Maybe that will re-sharpen the chip on MSU's collective shoulder.
Screw tRCMB
Screw tRCMB
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-09-28, 12:00

FWD if I recall is Spartan Rocky's dad.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-28, 12:04

Well we're not #2 according to those dumb asses at CBS.

Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country? NrS18wgG_biggerCBS Sports Verified account @CBSSports

Once again, we're giving our top spot in the CFB Power Rankings to Michigan State. http://cbsprt.co/1P1EXqM

Has a fan base and local media ever been more down on a #2 team in the country? CQAFwhAWsAAbEja
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-28, 12:06

Giant Moose wrote:Every solid season we've had recently, MSU fans have complained that we didn't get enough respect and it took too long for us to jump in the polls. Now, we are getting major respect nationally for our sustained success and many think we are overrated and don't even deserve to be in the Top 4 let alone #2.

Its just not that hard to understand. MSU hasn't looked like a top 10 team and our signature win just got ass raped at home.

The best thing MSU can do is beat Purdue 50-0 and then do the same to Rutgers.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-09-28, 12:18

In answer to your question- yes. Florida state last year.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-28, 12:33

I'm not worried about it. We usually get better as the year goes on under coach D.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-28, 12:54

The_Dude wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Every solid season we've had recently, MSU fans have complained that we didn't get enough respect and it took too long for us to jump in the polls. Now, we are getting major respect nationally for our sustained success and many think we are overrated and don't even deserve to be in the Top 4 let alone #2.

Its just not that hard to understand. MSU hasn't looked like a top 10 team and our signature win just got ass raped at home.

That won't happen. Just win baby. I can't wait for October 17th. I hope UM keeps winning and walks into that game confident as all get out. Meat grinder. Malik is going to eat them up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-28, 13:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm not worried about it. We usually get better as the year goes on under coach D.

Agreed. Dantonio is all about November. Margin of victory means nothing to him
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-28, 13:34

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

That won't happen. Just win baby. I can't wait for October 17th. I hope UM keeps winning and walks into that game confident as all get out. Meat grinder. Malik is going to eat them up.

UM fans can be confident all they want but you know Harbaugh wont have his team getting fat and happy.

UM is playing with the chip on their shoulder this year and we look uninspired for the most part.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-09-28, 13:40

Giant Moose wrote:
I just feel like we always have to complain about something. Granted this is what message boards do, but we finally got the national respect we've always hoped for. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of that and not listen to miserable guys like Rexrode.

Will you also shut Rexrode out when he writes a fluff piece about MSU/MD/Izzo?? I somehow doubt it.

But you want to be selective and only read that which you agree with. I get it.  Like Fox News listeners.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-28, 13:46

Vlad wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Will you also shut Rexrode out when he writes a fluff piece about MSU/MD/Izzo?? I somehow doubt it.

But you want to be selective and only read that which you agree with. I get it.  Like Fox News listeners.
No, I just get tired of the local media crapping on MSU. Football has turned into basketball now where we get more respect outside of our region than in it.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-09-28, 13:59

Wow you really want to isolate yourself. Rexrode would be the last source I would shut out.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-09-28, 14:08

Giant Moose wrote:
Vlad wrote:

No, I just get tired of the local media crapping on MSU. Football has turned into basketball now where we get more respect outside of our region than in it.

The local media calls it like it sees it. There's nothing in it for them for downplaying the home team(s), but they also have to be honest and offer a balanced view to their readers.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-28, 14:11

Vlad wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

The local media calls it like it sees it. There's nothing in it for them for downplaying the home team(s), but they also have to be honest and offer a balanced view to their readers.
Bad news and hope sells better than good news and complacency. Of course they'll be more critical. Too bad Rittenberg is is no longer doing the B1G blog on ESPN. The last few years he was doing a pretty good job, I guess that's why he's moved a bit more national.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-28, 14:21

Vlad wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

So then why did "not2" vote us the lowest possible rank last year?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-28, 15:13

Herbie Green wrote:Wow you really want to isolate yourself.  Rexrode would be the last source I would shut out.
Rexrode is an overrated douche, if you want real insight check out Drew Sharp.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-28, 15:14

Herbie Green wrote:Wow you really want to isolate yourself. Rexrode would be the last source I would shut out.
I get all of my news from Hondo.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down