Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't really understand what Larry Brown actually did?

+7
HT
Triple Sparty
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Dr. Strangelove
WhiteBoyHatcher
11 posters

Go down

I don't really understand what Larry Brown actually did? Empty I don't really understand what Larry Brown actually did?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-09-29, 10:32

Not that I care much but I keep seeing this SMU b-ball story in the headlines. Scholly reductions, 30 percent suspension, making fun of him for cheating but playing "the right way", etc etc. But the only thing I'm seeing is that some assistant was accused of trying to get a player eligible and then cleared by the NCAA. So wtf did he do?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I don't really understand what Larry Brown actually did? Empty Re: I don't really understand what Larry Brown actually did?

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-09-29, 10:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote: So wtf did he do?

He had the audacity to win at SMU. That's gonna attract NCAA attention and piss off UT.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I don't really understand what Larry Brown actually did? Empty Re: I don't really understand what Larry Brown actually did?

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-29, 10:53

I think Darko had something to do with it. From now on this will be called "The Revenge of the Human Victory Cigar".
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-29, 10:53

Okay, let me dumb it down for you: I don't know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-29, 11:54

looks like academic fraud. seems like academic fraud is like speeding in traffic, everyone is doing it and technically a cop can pull over someone for doing 5mph over the speed limit.

i still stand by it, time to lift the academic side from college sports. overall i think larry brown was good for SMU.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-29, 11:58

steveschneider wrote:looks like academic fraud. seems like academic fraud is like speeding in traffic, everyone is doing it and technically a cop can pull over someone for doing 5mph over the speed limit.

i still stand by it, time to lift the academic side from college sports. overall i think larry brown was good for SMU.  

It's interesting to think about - people that think they are destined for professional sports or want to, should major in whatever sport they are playing.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-29, 12:39

steveschneider wrote:looks like academic fraud. seems like academic fraud is like speeding in traffic, everyone is doing it and technically a cop can pull over someone for doing 5mph over the speed limit.

Or maybe lift the commercial side of college sports. But who cares about learning, right?. You people bitch and moan about "the state of our country" but do not give a shit about actually educating young people.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-29, 12:47

Turtleneck wrote:

Or maybe lift the commercial side of college sports. But who cares about learning, right?. You people bitch and moan about "the state of our country" but do not give a shit about actually educating young people.

Lifting the commercial side of college sports isn't really realistic. Youthful idealism is annoying. 

(FTR, I agree with you...)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-29, 12:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Lifting the commercial side of college sports isn't really realistic. Youthful idealism is annoying. 

(FTR, I agree with you...)

It will be considered realistic in retrospect...after all of this implodes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-09-29, 14:22

Headlines? I don't see any threads here on the topic, except this one. Link?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-29, 14:27

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Larry+Brown+SMU+sanctions
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-09-29, 17:29

The answer is that he wasn't coaching at UNC.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-29, 17:34

Turtleneck wrote:

Who you calling 'You people'? Don't make me punch you in the cornhole.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-29, 17:35

It's pretty simple. It's all because Craig James killed five hookers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-29, 17:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's pretty simple. It's all because Craig James killed five hookers.

Funny you mention that. I, too, heard that Craig James killed five hookers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-29, 19:53

He didn't physically climb on Sheed's back to make sure he didn't leave Horry in game 5
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-29, 19:58

The Pantry wrote:He didn't physically climb on Sheed's back to make sure he didn't leave Horry in game 5

Why would you mention that? I just got over that. Fuck. Now I'm going to think about it every day for who knows how long. Jerk.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-29, 20:25

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:He didn't physically climb on Sheed's back to make sure he didn't leave Horry in game 5

Why would you mention that? I just got over that. Fuck. Now I'm going to think about it every day for who knows how long. Jerk.
Sorry. Have watched that play countless times from different angles for the last 10 years. If not for an incredibly perfect spinning bounce pass from Ginobli, Rasheed might have looked like a hero for doubling.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down