Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Been To The Lansing Brewing Company Yet?

+7
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Turtleneck
steveschneider
11 posters

Go down

Anyone Been To The Lansing Brewing Company Yet? Empty Anyone Been To The Lansing Brewing Company Yet?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-03, 14:48

stopped in last week.. decent vibe. The beers I had were pretty tasty. Seems to be pretty popular so far.

Lansing Brewing Company
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone Been To The Lansing Brewing Company Yet? Empty Re: Anyone Been To The Lansing Brewing Company Yet?

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-03, 15:27

It's no unicorn, am I right, Bob?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Anyone Been To The Lansing Brewing Company Yet? Empty Re: Anyone Been To The Lansing Brewing Company Yet?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-03, 15:30

tGreenWay wrote:It's no unicorn, am I right, Bob?
that would be an accurate statement.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-03, 15:36

Next time I'm in Lansing I'm finally going to check out the Unicorn.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-03, 15:48

steveschneider wrote:Next time I'm in Lansing I'm finally going to check out the Unicorn.
one of the few true bars in the area.. Tommy (the owner) celebrated his 93rd birthday on Saturday - was a pretty good time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-03, 15:48

Not my scene.

Actually, probably my scene but just wanted to say that.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-03, 15:55

Turtleneck wrote:Not my scene.

not really my scene, either - but figured I should check it out.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-03, 15:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

not really my scene, either - but figured I should check it out.

Did they have Schlitz on tap?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-03, 16:00

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:not really my scene, either - but figured I should check it out.

Did they have Schlitz on tap?
hell no. A lot of downtown lobbyist types looked to be hanging around... was a pretty sketchy crowd.

Was at Stella's on Sunday night where not only can you get a Schlitz, you can also get and Old Style and a can of Blatz.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-03, 16:07

What did you get Bob, the double IPApocalypse snakebite porter?

Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-03, 16:28

How does it compare to Hopcat?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-03, 16:37

I can dig it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-03, 17:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:stopped in last week.. decent vibe. The beers I had were pretty tasty. Seems to be pretty popular so far.

Lansing Brewing Company

Anything new is popular for awhile.

How's the food?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-11-03, 18:42

A guy I work with went, said the food is good but it's noisy as fuck because of the metal ceiling.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-04, 07:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What did you get Bob, the double IPApocalypse snakebite porter?

Rolling Eyes
no - got some sort of IPA and then a cream ale.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-04, 07:50

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:stopped in last week.. decent vibe. The beers I had were pretty tasty. Seems to be pretty popular so far.

Lansing Brewing Company

Anything new is popular for awhile.

How's the food?
I had a sandwich. It was okay - I'd eat it again and all but I didn't lay awake at night thinking about it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-04, 07:50

Jake from State Farm wrote:A guy I work with went, said the food is good but it's noisy as fuck because of the metal ceiling.
I was there during an off hour time - it looked like it was just getting crowded when I was leaving but I can see how it would get pretty loud.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 09:00

okay... was back on Saturday evening for the second time. It's pretty much a sports bar, which is disappointing. The clientele looked about what you'd think they'd look like, too.

I doubt I'll go back - which is probably a good thing for them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-30, 09:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:okay... was back on Saturday evening for the second time. It's pretty much a sports bar, which is disappointing. The clientele looked about what you'd think they'd look like, too.

So you got to see the game while you were there then? How'd they feel when you passionately ripped your shirt off and threw it at a tv when we scored a touchdown?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-30, 09:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:okay... was back on Saturday evening for the second time. It's pretty much a sports bar, which is disappointing. The clientele looked about what you'd think they'd look like, too.

Sports bars are off limits, sports message boards are ok. At least you're consistent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 09:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

So you got to see the game while you were there then? How'd they feel when you passionately ripped your shirt off and threw it at a tv when we scored a touchdown?
Anyone Been To The Lansing Brewing Company Yet? 502811600

I think the game was still on.. kinda seemed like it from the aforementioned clientele.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 09:13

LooseGoose wrote:

Sports bars are off limits, sports message boards are ok.  At least you're consistent.
the difference is that here, I don't have to look at any of you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-30, 09:22

Was there a game on?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 09:23

NigelUno wrote:

Was there a game on?
there appeared to be.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-30, 09:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Was there a game on?
there appeared to be.

Oh. Like a game every bar/restaurant in town would have on?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 09:44

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:there appeared to be.

Oh. Like a game every bar/restaurant in town would have on?
yeah, I guess - I wasn't really paying attention.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-29, 09:54

$11M Outfield apartments to open in 2016
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-12-29, 10:05

LooseGoose wrote:$11M Outfield apartments to open in 2016

“It gets loud here,” he said. “Music plays until 1:30 a.m. and the lights are on until 2 a.m. Fireworks will be right in your face. This will be a fun area.”

Fuck. No.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-29, 10:22

LooseGoose wrote:$11M Outfield apartments to open in 2016

Aw, goose is bumping old Bob threads. I miss him too buddy. I miss him too.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 12:37

okay - went back with a buddy of mine last night - he wanted to go. The beer is good.. service is good. The scene is okay but not totally my kind of place. Probably depends on what day of the week you're there, time of day, etc.

I was there a while back it was a lot of self-important suit types.. then another time there was a bunch of sports fans there. Last night wasn't too bad.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 12:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:okay - went back with a buddy of mine last night - he wanted to go. The beer is good.. service is good. The scene is okay but not totally my kind of place. Probably depends on what day of the week you're there, time of day, etc.

I was there a while back it was a lot of self-important suit types.. then another time there was a bunch of sports fans there. Last night wasn't too bad.

How's the Spartan Dawgs wheat pale ale?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 12:48

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:okay - went back with a buddy of mine last night - he wanted to go. The beer is good.. service is good. The scene is okay but not totally my kind of place. Probably depends on what day of the week you're there, time of day, etc.

haven't tried it.

I had a couple of the Angry Mayor IPA's (named after Virg.. who I absolutely detest.. to the point that I just ask for the "IPA"). I've also had some sort of cream ale and a stout there.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 12:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

haven't tried it.

I had a couple of the Angry Mayor IPA's (named after Virg.. who I absolutely detest.. to the point that I just ask for the "IPA"). I've also had some sort of cream ale and a stout there.

I haven lived in Lansing in years but I thought Virg was somewhat popular?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 12:52

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:haven't tried it.

thankfully I don't live in Lansing, either. I think he's popular with some folks.. but basically he's just a weasel who will say and do anything to get elected.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 13:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

thankfully I don't live in Lansing, either. I think he's popular with some folks.. but basically he's just a weasel who will say and do anything to get elected.

So he's a typical politician?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 13:39

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:thankfully I don't live in Lansing, either. I think he's popular with some folks.. but basically he's just a weasel who will say and do anything to get elected.

So he's a typical politician?
pretty much but with an extra helping of 'slimeball'....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down