Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU Radio crew leaves a note in Nebraska

+12
NigelUno
kingstonlake
DWags
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
Blanch32
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bolt Re: MSU Radio crew leaves a note in Nebraska

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 13:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob, why can't you look at it on a call to call basis?

Like most arguments here, everyone has to be extremely on one side or the other. I know for a fact that it was a bad call. The replay showed it. Pretty simple.

Now does this make me some conspiracy theorist about Delaney and ESPN?

Robert is a very black/white guy. He sees the line between the two and wants to keep it that way
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 13:15

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob, why can't you look at it on a call to call basis?

Like most arguments here, everyone has to be extremely on one side or the other. I know for a fact that it was a bad call. The replay showed it. Pretty simple.

Now does this make me some conspiracy theorist about Delaney and ESPN?

Robert is a very black/white guy. He sees the line between the two and wants to keep it that way
race baiter..

Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 14:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It has not been my stance to complain about "the call" in that game by any means. Yes, it was a blown call but as far as I'm concerned the loss just prolonged the inevitable. We aren't good enough to get where we wanted to go, barring some additional major breaks along the way. 

However, I read this article this morning from unaffiliated Jamie Samuelsen (Northwestern grad), and it's totally fair. He nails it. 

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/11/09/michigan-state-spartans-referees-jamie-samuelsen-blog/75498656/

Agree for the most part.   I also do not typically harp on calls.      But i hate the stance that people, media, etc. (not you necessarily)  take  "well the defense sucked so we deserved to lose"  or "the team was flirting with disaster all year and it finally caught up to them"  True, the defense sucked on Sat.  True, the 3 and out series was very disappointing.   True, kickoffs are at high school level.   True, we struggled against Purdue.   True, Oregon is mediocre.   True, UM was fluky.  

BUT...Fact of the matter was that Michigan State was undefeated with 20 seconds remaining in the Nebraska game on the road in a hostile environment.   Everything before that didn't matter.  What mattered was that the ref call sucked balls and it cost us a chance at winning and being 9-0.   I hate that people are writing off the suckiness of that call because "MSU was due to lose" or whatever other narrative they want to come up with.   Fuck that noise.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 14:54

By-Tor wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It has not been my stance to complain about "the call" in that game by any means. Yes, it was a blown call but as far as I'm concerned the loss just prolonged the inevitable. We aren't good enough to get where we wanted to go, barring some additional major breaks along the way. 

However, I read this article this morning from unaffiliated Jamie Samuelsen (Northwestern grad), and it's totally fair. He nails it. 

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/11/09/michigan-state-spartans-referees-jamie-samuelsen-blog/75498656/

Agree for the most part.   I also do not typically harp on calls.      But i hate the stance that people, media, etc. (not you necessarily)  take  "well the defense sucked so we deserved to lose"  or "the team was flirting with disaster all year and it finally caught up to them"  True, the defense sucked on Sat.  True, the 3 and out series was very disappointing.   True, kickoffs are at high school level.   True, we struggled against Purdue.   True, Oregon is mediocre.   True, UM was fluky.  

BUT...Fact of the matter was that Michigan State was undefeated with 20 seconds remaining in the Nebraska game on the road in a hostile environment.   Everything before that didn't matter.  What mattered was that the ref call sucked balls and it cost us a chance at winning and being 9-0.   I hate that people are writing off the suckiness of that call because "MSU was due to lose" or whatever other narrative they want to come up with.   Fuck that noise.

Agree 100%.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 15:02

By-Tor wrote:

I am willing to buy what you're selling.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2