Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?

+12
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
SpartanInNH
xsanguine
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
DWags
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   Empty When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?

Post by DWags Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:58 pm

I'm gonna start canning shit. My dad used to regale me with stories of the depression and how they canned everything, from rabbit, to squirl to all the vegetables. Ate good he said. All year long. Grandma would cook two loaves of bread every other day, and they ate like kings up in the U.P. Didn't even know there was a depression cause they were always poor.

Anyway, Im thinking part of the apocalypse will be all kinds of disease and shit on animals and you can't can a diseased up animal. So I'm wondering what vegetable or grain will be the best to store up on when all the shit happens. Tomatoes last a long time, but do they give you enough nutrition? I mean, can you just eat tomatoes every day? What grains last a long time for you to bag up and cook?

Any thoughts? I'd appreciate them. Thanks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   Empty Re: When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?

Post by Turtleneck Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Are you still drunk?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   Empty Re: When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?

Post by tGreenWay Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm just going to sneak into the Huron Mountain Club and pretend I'm a member. I'll be safe and well fed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Are you still drunk?

No, I'm sober now. And I'm thinking about life as we know it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:04 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Are you still drunk?

No, I'm sober now. And I'm thinking about life as we know it.

The Pack lost to the Lions at home. Life as you know it is over.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I'm just going to sneak into the Huron Mountain Club and pretend I'm a member. I'll be safe and well fed.

They will sniff you out, downrigger.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 pm

I still can't believe the Packers lost to the Lions ate home.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 pm

DWags wrote:I'm gonna start canning shit.  My dad used to regale me with stories of the depression and how they canned everything, from rabbit, to squirl to all the vegetables.  Ate good he said.  All year long.  Grandma would cook two loaves of bread every other day, and they ate like kings up in the U.P.  Didn't even know there was a depression cause they were always poor.  

Anyway, Im thinking part of the apocalypse will be all kinds of disease and shit on animals and you can't can a diseased up animal.  So I'm wondering what vegetable or grain will be the best to store up on when all the shit happens.  Tomatoes last a long time, but do they give you enough nutrition?  I mean, can you just eat tomatoes every day?  What grains last a long time for you to bag up and cook?  

Any thoughts?  I'd appreciate them.  Thanks.

Beans.  Think lots of beans.

Jim Bakker was way ahead of you and has you covered....

JOSEPH'S STOREHOUSE

Bakker's Dozen Lentils Bucket

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   JLTUbzy

He's lost Tammy Faye but carries on the good works.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:14 pm

This is good. And nuts. I'm thinking nuts. I'm gonna dig a big cellar in my back yard and just start storing that shit up. I figure, look, I'm 54 tomorrow. I have what like 25 years max left on earth? I bet I can get a good 10 years of stored nutrition up in there. If the apolcalypse doesn't happen for 5-10 years, I'm just about at my end.

Nuts, beans, ,tomatoes. Anything I'm not thinking about?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:17 pm

Should store a couple heads of cheese down there, you won't be needing them anymore
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:18 pm

DWags wrote:This is good. And nuts. I'm thinking nuts. I'm gonna dig a big cellar in my back yard and just start storing that shit up. I figure, look, I'm 54 tomorrow. I have what like 25 years max left on earth? I bet I can get a good 10 years of stored nutrition up in there. If the apolcalypse doesn't happen for 5-10 years, I'm just about at my end.

Nuts, beans, ,tomatoes. Anything I'm not thinking about?

I try to keep a couple cases of stable protein around, something like this:

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   Pork-brains
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:21 pm

In case you need some preparation tips....

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:22 pm

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   1469072363
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:30 pm

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Halal
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:53 pm

xsanguine wrote:Halal

Yup. I ain't eating no brains.

Onions, carrots, potatoes, roots and stuff. When it goes bad you just throw it at the zombies.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Cases of Tomato juice, a case of Tobasco, cases of large green olives, several jars of pickeled asparagus and a lot of vodka. (Aspargus to stir the drink and a second vegetable to go with the olives.)
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:00 pm

PM Tito and LWS.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Is LWS straight yet? Miss that guy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is LWS straight yet? Miss that guy.

Still in Pray Away the Gay camp.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:04 am

Good news for the apocalypse food supply.

USDA May Lift 44-Year-Old Ban on Haggis

In the U.S., it's been almost impossible to enjoy authentic haggis, the national dish of Scotland, ever since the USDA ruled in 1971 [PDF] that the lungs of livestock—a key ingredient in traditional haggis—"shall not be saved for use as human food." Access to Scottish lambs was further narrowed after the U.S. placed a ban on all livestock imports from the U.K. in response to outbreaks of mad cow disease. To get their hands on real Scottish haggis for their Burns night tables, then, U.S.-based fans of the dish have been known to resort to smuggling it or its illegal ingredients in from Canada, the U.K., and other more lenient locations.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:07 am

LooseGoose wrote:Good news for the apocalypse food supply.

USDA May Lift 44-Year-Old Ban on Haggis

In the U.S., it's been almost impossible to enjoy authentic haggis, the national dish of Scotland, ever since the USDA ruled in 1971 [PDF] that the lungs of livestock—a key ingredient in traditional haggis—"shall not be saved for use as human food." Access to Scottish lambs was further narrowed after the U.S. placed a ban on all livestock imports from the U.K. in response to outbreaks of mad cow disease. To get their hands on real Scottish haggis for their Burns night tables, then, U.S.-based fans of the dish have been known to resort to smuggling it or its illegal ingredients in from Canada, the U.K., and other more lenient locations.

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:09 am

just take your bible with you. It contains everything you'll need.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:21 am

or bring your schtick, if you work at it you can apply it somehow to every thread or situation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:46 am

LooseGoose wrote:or bring your schtick, if you work at it you can apply it somehow to every thread or situation.
this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 am

Fuck I ask for help and I'm told to drink heavy and eat cow lungs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:56 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:just take your bible with you. It contains everything you'll need.

Edgy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:00 am

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:just take your bible with you. It contains everything you'll need.

Edgy.
sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:26 pm

All I need is one fish and one loaf of bread, and Jesus can feed me forever.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Giant Moose wrote:

All I need is one fish and one loaf of bread, and Jesus can feed me forever.
"if one can feed the soul with the flesh of fishes, he can nourish his temple in the name of Him".

- Jesus H. Christ, 1972 Commencement Address
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Bibles and guns. When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   55953254
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:40 pm

The_Dude wrote:Bibles and guns. When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   55953254
this. And only this.

for every life you end with a gun, god will provide a Jolly Rancher to a children's home.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:40 pm

The_Dude wrote:Bibles and guns. When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   55953254
Bite the bullet.

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   Biting_the_Bullet_by_VanPan
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:04 pm

This isn't the 1940's, so none stuff should work.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:33 pm

All you need is Astronaut ice cream.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:35 pm

Surprised no one mentioned:
When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   Th?id=OIP.M94ed07058adab17dd39783aa4ea57b40H0&w=216&h=164&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1

They last forever.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:56 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Surprised no one mentioned:
When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   Th?id=OIP.M94ed07058adab17dd39783aa4ea57b40H0&w=216&h=164&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1

They last forever.

So will your diabetes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Surprised no one mentioned:

They last forever.

So will your diabetes.

Shhh... you're going to piss off Wilford Brimley. Aw damn, too late.

When the Apocalypse comes, what food stuffs will I need to store up on?   Wilford%20Brimley
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:58 pm

I wish LWS was here to tell us the real answer.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Rocinante wrote:I wish LWS was here to tell us the real answer.

Prayer. More and more prayer. As you can tell, it has helped in Paris, Beirut, and everywhere else bad shit is happening.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next