Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

+19
Vlad
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Code_Warrior
GRR Spartan
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
tanfan!
duffy munn
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
DWags
InTenSity
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-20, 20:50

Muffy I predicted msu would win last year you idiot. This year I thing we lose.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

Post by DWags 2015-11-20, 21:01

Tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Revisionist history for Tanner. I'm sure he was giving MSU little or no chance against OSU in 2013.

But since he was responsible for both the B1G title win and the Rose Bowl win ( no way MSU accomplishes either without him in the stands ) Now MSU was the best team in the nation in 2013 and better than OSU going into Indy.

Comical.

Muffy. You weren't there. I flew up to support our team. You blew off the cotton bowl too. You're a shitty fan looking for upvotes and a sactimonious hypocrite. Fire anastos.

Did you go to the cotton bowl Tanfan? I didn't know that. You saw a great game. Did you take the family?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 22:02

Tanfan! wrote:Muffy I predicted msu would win last year you idiot. This year I thing we lose.

So...you were wrong.

Good talk.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-20, 23:20

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
They might. They usually have good info. I hope he's not.

How do you know "sharps" are betting on OSU?  Maybe OSU has bettors that traditionally wager more money on their team?  Or more on big games?  Or more on big games at home?  

And is that really an indication of who is going to win (other than the big spread)?

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you Nigel but please understand that I'm not some troll and you don't need to try to bullshitproof me. After all, this is only an opinion, opinions don't mean shit, and mine is no more valuable than yours or duffy's or tanfan's or Roci's. 

I do know sharps are betting on OSU. I know some things through reading material and following certain people on social media and I also know some things through personal channels at times. Lines are in no way set to accommodate for these "large fanbases" that some of the public seems to dominate space in bookkeeper's brains. It's a dated falsehood and I'm not even sure how it's still prevalent in today's day and age when there is so much access to information about how these things work. 

But I digress. And this isn't a critical point anyway, as I know for a fact that a great many professional bettors (including the godfather himself) were on UM against us. Professionals aren't right 100% of the time, either. But it's certainly something to look at. Yes, it alarms me somewhat to know that some of these folks are confident enough that we are going to lose by 2 TDs PLUS that they are putting lots of money on it. 

And Roc, yes I think MSU's pass coverage/secondary is much worse this year than it was last. I hope last week started to solidify things and I hope the light went on for Nicholson. I think Hicks possibly gained some confidence last week being in on some pass breakups (and not getting whistled). And I think the same is true of Arjen. He's been getting better every week, and is finally making plays on the ball. And Cox better position is definitely safety. But we still don't have Trae Waynes out there. Or Kurtis Drummond. Or even RJ Williamson. 

And yes, athleticism does matter. Our guys are good and they have been coached up and blah blah blah. But Dwags is right, Braxton Miller is a different caliber of athlete than most of our guys in the secondary (exception probably being Nicholson). That is a luxury that OSU has earned that we have yet to. They have waves and waves of guys like that. What happens when Hicks takes a false step against one of IU's WRs? He can recover. And maybe Sudfield can't accurately throw the ball 40 yards down the field? What happens when he does the same thing against a guy who runs a legit 4.4 and who has a guy throwing him the ball who - again - can and has dropped it perfectly over his head on 3rd and 22? False step here, bite on a play action fake there in a quarters scheme....we could be in trouble. It's in fact LOGICAL to believe that the matchup between OSU's passing game and our defensive secondary is a major plus plus in OSU's favor. We probably have one of the poorer, more shallow secondaries they have faced in Big Ten competition and, again, the guy who is a better passer hasn't been the primary signal caller in many of those games. 

Which brings me to my next point (re: duffy's post). You are matching up OSU's running game with our running game? And their secondary with ours? Not a good way to look at a game imo. We are not on the field at the same time. The single greatest mismatch in this game is OSU's passing game vs. our defensive secondary. I don't think that is in question. 

And lastly, re: Roc's "gloating" point. Fuck no. I won't have anything to gloat about win or lose, regardless of how the game goes. I'm not wired like that. I don't care to be right on a fucking message board. I'm just bullshitting with you guys and giving my honest opinion. 

I understand there appear to be some cracks in the armor with OSU this year. But this is by and large still the same team that steamrolled MSU and Wisconsin and Bama and Oregon last year and, you know, won a National Title. They returned 15 starters, and that doesn't include the QB who didn't actually win the NC for them but who was so good that he finished 5th in the Heisman Trophy voting. So yeah, I'd say they deserve a modicum of respect and that it's ok to admit that they actually are more talented than we are. 

As we all know, though, games aren't won on paper with stars, or on paper with matchups. Both teams actually need to show up and play tomorrow. And OSU hasn't showed up very often this year the way they did last year. But then you remember that, oh yeah, we've actually looked worse than they have this year to date and we did actually already lose while they have managed to keep winning despite their struggles. And oh yeah the game is in Columbus. And oh yeah Cook is maybe probably hurt. And oh yeah we're 13.5 point underdogs. It is completely, 100% rational and reasonable to think that there's a pretty good chance we're going to lose tomorrow. 

I mean I can't believe I am having defend myself against you loons and your false bravado. It's ok to be a homer. Really, it is. But save your backlash for the fucking trolls. I guess I got myself into this mess by trying to inject some reality into the conversation.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-21, 01:45

Whiteboy. This The above is why I hate Nigel's guts. He will continue his attacks and label you a troll if you express an opinion that is not pure Homerism. Oh Tanny is a troll because he is not extolling pure fanboyism 24/7 like himself the morbidly obese piece of shit who's never played any sport at a high level. Hell ague just to get the last word in and it's why he was banned on the RCMB. Fuck you Nigel. Fuck you.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-21, 01:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

How do you know "sharps" are betting on OSU?  Maybe OSU has bettors that traditionally wager more money on their team?  Or more on big games?  Or more on big games at home?  

And is that really an indication of who is going to win (other than the big spread)?

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you Nigel but please understand that I'm not some troll and you don't need to try to bullshitproof me. After all, this is only an opinion, opinions don't mean shit, and mine is no more valuable than yours or duffy's or tanfan's or Roci's. 

I do know sharps are betting on OSU. I know some things through reading material and following certain people on social media and I also know some things through personal channels at times. Lines are in no way set to accommodate for these "large fanbases" that some of the public seems to dominate space in bookkeeper's brains. It's a dated falsehood and I'm not even sure how it's still prevalent in today's day and age when there is so much access to information about how these things work. 

But I digress. And this isn't a critical point anyway, as I know for a fact that a great many professional bettors (including the godfather himself) were on UM against us. Professionals aren't right 100% of the time, either. But it's certainly something to look at. Yes, it alarms me somewhat to know that some of these folks are confident enough that we are going to lose by 2 TDs PLUS that they are putting lots of money on it. 

And Roc, yes I think MSU's pass coverage/secondary is much worse this year than it was last. I hope last week started to solidify things and I hope the light went on for Nicholson. I think Hicks possibly gained some confidence last week being in on some pass breakups (and not getting whistled). And I think the same is true of Arjen. He's been getting better every week, and is finally making plays on the ball. And Cox better position is definitely safety. But we still don't have Trae Waynes out there. Or Kurtis Drummond. Or even RJ Williamson. 

And yes, athleticism does matter. Our guys are good and they have been coached up and blah blah blah. But Dwags is right, Braxton Miller is a different caliber of athlete than most of our guys in the secondary (exception probably being Nicholson). That is a luxury that OSU has earned that we have yet to. They have waves and waves of guys like that. What happens when Hicks takes a false step against one of IU's WRs? He can recover. And maybe Sudfield can't accurately throw the ball 40 yards down the field? What happens when he does the same thing against a guy who runs a legit 4.4 and who has a guy throwing him the ball who - again - can and has dropped it perfectly over his head on 3rd and 22? False step here, bite on a play action fake there in a quarters scheme....we could be in trouble. It's in fact LOGICAL to believe that the matchup between OSU's passing game and our defensive secondary is a major plus plus in OSU's favor. We probably have one of the poorer, more shallow secondaries they have faced in Big Ten competition and, again, the guy who is a better passer hasn't been the primary signal caller in many of those games. 

Which brings me to my next point (re: duffy's post). You are matching up OSU's running game with our running game? And their secondary with ours? Not a good way to look at a game imo. We are not on the field at the same time. The single greatest mismatch in this game is OSU's passing game vs. our defensive secondary. I don't think that is in question. 

And lastly, re: Roc's "gloating" point. Fuck no. I won't have anything to gloat about win or lose, regardless of how the game goes. I'm not wired like that. I don't care to be right on a fucking message board. I'm just bullshitting with you guys and giving my honest opinion. 

I understand there appear to be some cracks in the armor with OSU this year. But this is by and large still the same team that steamrolled MSU and Wisconsin and Bama and Oregon last year and, you know, won a National Title. They returned 15 starters, and that doesn't include the QB who didn't actually win the NC for them but who was so good that he finished 5th in the Heisman Trophy voting. So yeah, I'd say they deserve a modicum of respect and that it's ok to admit that they actually are more talented than we are. 

As we all know, though, games aren't won on paper with stars, or on paper with matchups. Both teams actually need to show up and play tomorrow. And OSU hasn't showed up very often this year the way they did last year. But then you remember that, oh yeah, we've actually looked worse than they have this year to date and we did actually already lose while they have managed to keep winning despite their struggles. And oh yeah the game is in Columbus. And oh yeah Cook is maybe probably hurt. And oh yeah we're 13.5 point underdogs. It is completely, 100% rational and reasonable to think that there's a pretty good chance we're going to lose tomorrow. 

I mean I can't believe I am having defend myself against you loons and your false bravado. It's ok to be a homer. Really, it is. But save your backlash for the fucking trolls. I guess I got myself into this mess by trying to inject some reality into the conversation.
i

You don't get it. Now you're a troll!!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-21, 01:53

28-21 MSU. Score adjusted to account for weather. And I will be gloating if I'm right because message boarding is serious business.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-21, 06:35

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Muffy. You weren't there. I flew up to support our team. You blew off the cotton bowl too. You're a shitty fan looking for upvotes and a sactimonious hypocrite. Fire anastos.

Did you go to the cotton bowl Tanfan? I didn't know that. You saw a great game. Did you take the family?

Not his family, just his boyfriend.

An epic weekend of look-a-way selfies.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-21, 07:08

Rocinante wrote:28-21 MSU. Score adjusted to account for weather. And I will be gloating if I'm right because message boarding is serious business.

No way our defense holds Osu to under five tds. But I hope I'm wrong. Because message board gloating is what nigel and Muffy live for. I'm gonna use your words tanfan! Lol.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-21, 07:11

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Did you go to the cotton bowl Tanfan?   I didn't know that. You saw a great game. Did you take the family?  

It was boyfriends.  We drank 100 beers each and supported our program to the bitter end.  You just sat home and pontificated to everyone who were remotely critical how bad they were as a fan. Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 4 2130724145
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-21, 07:28

Serious question- does this stuff ever get old for the three of you? (Looking at Duffy nigel and tanny) I mean, Bob and goose fight all the time, but at least it's about different subjects each time so there's some variety. The three of you just have the exact same word for word conversations over and over and over again in a never ending cycle. At a certain point I would think it would just get boring.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-21, 07:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Serious question- does this stuff ever get old for the three of you? (Looking at Duffy nigel and tanny) I mean, Bob and goose fight all the time, but at least it's about different subjects each time so there's some variety. The three of you just have the exact same word for word conversations over and over and over again in a never ending cycle. At a certain point I would think it would just get boring.

No
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-21, 08:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Holy shit. Slow your roll, chooch.

A couple of points:

1. I asked some questions about gambling, because you seem to know a lot about gambling.

B. Did I say MSU was going to win?

GO GREEN
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-21, 08:05

Rocinante wrote:28-21 MSU. Score adjusted to account for weather. And I will be gloating if I'm right because message boarding is serious business.

GO GREEN

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-21, 08:58

NigelUno wrote:Holy shit. Slow your roll, chooch. GO GREEN

As soon as WBH used "I digress" you were buried.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-11-21, 09:01

Ohio State 35, Michigan State 21
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-21, 09:06

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Holy shit. Slow your roll, chooch. GO GREEN

As soon as WBH used "I digress" you were buried.

GO GREEN
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-21, 09:08

Tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

It was boyfriends.  We drank 100 beers each and supported our program to the bitter end.  You just sat home and pontificated to everyone who were remotely critical how bad they were as a fan. Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 4 2130724145

So who did you go with? I didn't realize you had even gone
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-21, 09:38

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

I didn't go. I'm not as good a fan as Tanner. He went with his bestie gHost.

It was mentioned on tRCMB a couple of thousand times. Some great look away selfies were posted.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin 2015-11-21, 10:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I am not a football guy so  I can't always put my finger on what I think I am seeing when I watch....but everything you have written in this thread seems 100% dead on.  Most will understand you still want the Spartans to win and even think there is a chance they can.

I appreciate you and the others provide real analysis even if I rarely comment on anything.

I did take Green at +425 ML  and +14 1/2 (-110), but it is all for fun and wanting to cashing in if the Spartans "outperform" but I just don't think it is that big of a deal to realize that we may get steam rolled today.

Edit and OT:  By the way does anyone else like Indiana +2 at Maryland today?
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-21, 11:38

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

So who did you go with?   I didn't realize you had even gone

I went with ghost and Johnny app from Denver. We all went to the rose bowl too. Foreskin went to the Rose bowl with us. We've become close friends over the years.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-21, 11:39

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

I didn't go. I'm not as good a fan as Tanner. He went with his bestie gHost.

It was mentioned on tRCMB a couple of thousand times. Some great look away selfies were posted.

Obsession.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-21, 18:59

I WAS SO WRONG WRONGEST WRONGER THAT'S EVERY BEEN WRONG

IDIOT DUNCE MORON 

FUCKING IQ LOWER THAN BLANCH
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-21, 19:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I WAS SO WRONG WRONGEST WRONGER THAT'S EVERY BEEN WRONG

IDIOT DUNCE MORON 

IT'S ALL GOOD WBH !!!!

FUCK YES !!!!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-21, 20:00

mgoblog ‏@mgoblog
after OSU runs a train on MSU the Game will be for the division title if Michigan beats IU and PSU.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-21, 20:14

GRR Spartan wrote:MSU 17 OSU 27

The patchwork OLine bites MSU again.

MSU can't contain JT Barrett, Ezekial Elliot and BraxtonMiller for 60 minutes

(I hope I'm wrong)

I was wrong. OLine and Defense played their best games of the year.

And Urban helped. Braxton Miller gets 2 rushing touches and 1 catch? The QB gets more rush opportunities than their RB.

Urban coached like he was the smartest guy in the stadium and Dantonio somehow figured Meyer wouldn't change on the fly.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-21, 20:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I WAS SO WRONG WRONGEST WRONGER THAT'S EVERY BEEN WRONG

IDIOT DUNCE MORON 

Nah, solid logic. I might have thought you went too far defending yourself. I don't think anyone was so assured that they would bet thousands. But watching some film, I didn't think they'd jill us on the ground. Healthier DB's we're going to work better against JT. And was hoping the weather would factor. In. He missed one when cox was beat. Then it got so bad, it helped us. On a dry track I'd be nervous. I really thought we were close to a 50% chance. Maybe more. Weird I know. But I made bets to back up the confidence.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-21, 20:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:FUCKING IQ LOWER THAN BLANCH

Well that's a bridge too far.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-23, 12:46

Tanfan! wrote:

No way our defense holds Osu to under five tds. But I hope I'm wrong. Because message board gloating is what nigel and Muffy live for. I'm gonna use your words tanfan! Lol.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 4 1833121890
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-23, 13:02

I predicted 73-3, I think - I thought our offense would be a bit more productive..

regardless, I'd just like to say that I'm so thankful that I attended the same university as then fine young me do.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-23, 13:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I predicted 73-3, I think - I thought our offense would be a bit more productive..

regardless, I'd just like to say that I'm so thankful that I attended the same university as then fine young me do.

Suck a fat dick and enjoy a win for once, Robert.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-11-23, 13:04

I think I said 35-34, Cook to Price winner. Oh well. I still thought they'd win.

What this team did to OSU's soul can only be described with this GIF...

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 4 PgSqs6E
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-23, 13:06

InTenSity wrote:MSU 17
OSU 27

I'm hoping my negativity and indifference work.
I was right about 2 things!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-23, 13:07

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I predicted 73-3, I think - I thought our offense would be a bit more productive..

Suck a fat dick and enjoy a win for once, Robert.
Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 4 502811600

meh.. wins matter to me about as much as losses.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-23, 13:51

We don't measure up. For real this time. Against Michigan this year it was bullshit, and we all knew it, last play notwithstanding. We hung in that game and legitimately probably were the better team. This is not the same scenario. 

I love this, WBH. You're the best.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-11-23, 14:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Not sure why I'm jumping on this WBH pile, but most for sharp money was on MSU vs. UofM

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13923592/chalk-crazy-scene-las-vegas-michigan-state-michigan-ending

"We were going to lose, because the sharp play was on plus-7.5, and [Michigan State] was going to cover," said Rood, who was in the back office of the Mirage sportsbook when the play happened. "But once we gave up the money line, it pressed it a good six figures above that. We went from [losing] a little bit to taking a pretty bad loss."
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-11-23, 14:33

I say we kick WBH in the taint. Roc never let us do it to him.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-11-23, 14:35

Death Roe wrote:I say we kick WBH in the taint. Roc never let us do it to him.

I agree
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-23, 14:37

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Not sure why I'm jumping on this WBH pile, but most for sharp money was on MSU vs. UofM

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13923592/chalk-crazy-scene-las-vegas-michigan-state-michigan-ending

"We were going to lose, because the sharp play was on plus-7.5, and [Michigan State] was going to cover," said Rood, who was in the back office of the Mirage sportsbook when the play happened. "But once we gave up the money line, it pressed it a good six figures above that. We went from [losing] a little bit to taking a pretty bad loss."
Buy back at 7.5+ makes sense but it was certainly sharp money early in the week that carried the line from 4 at opening to over a TD in the first place.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-11-23, 14:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Buy back at 7.5+ makes sense but it was certainly sharp money early in the week that carried the line from 4 at opening to over a TD in the first place.

Read the last two posts on page one and the 1st post the next page Wink. I lied when I said "Not sure why I'm jumping on this WBH pile".

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t7840-cfb-future-bet-msu-4-5-at-um

We've had this argument before, I think you over think the sharp vs. public angle on lines, but I still love you, you dirty little pitch. Kick to the taint at PSU.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4