Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

+19
Vlad
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Code_Warrior
GRR Spartan
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
tanfan!
duffy munn
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
DWags
InTenSity
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

Post by DWags Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:15

Shit, nobody is an idiot here, we are clearly an underdog. The surprise wil be if we win. Dantonio has pulled bigger rabbits out of smaller hats.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:23

DWags wrote:Shit, nobody is an idiot here, we are clearly an underdog. The surprise wil be if we win. Dantonio has pulled bigger rabbits out of smaller hats.

Losing won't surprise me. Getting blown out, shit, not covering would. I already posted the statistic all over this board.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:24

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah. I hear you. OSU isn't exactly lighting the world on fire right now. I am assuming they bring their A game because they did last year. It's possible they don't but seems unlikely. If they do, it's done.

You seem to rule out the possibility that MSU could bring it's A game. ( I know we haven't seen it yet this year).

What have you seen from OSU this year that makes you think that are unbeatable ? Even with their A game ? ( which, again, I don't think we have seen it this year )

If both teams play their best, it's gonna be a hell of a battle that we can win.
Nah, I wasn't ruling that out. I just didn't want to get longed windeded. 

If OSU brings its A game and MSU brings its A game, we're toast. It's honest and true. You guys know my attitude pretty well I would think and I'm not that guy. They are just way more talented across the board. Deeper. And less banged up. If they bring their A game and we bring ours, we score 40 and they score 50+. 

We don't measure up. For real this time. Against Michigan this year it was bullshit, and we all knew it, last play notwithstanding. We hung in that game and legitimately probably were the better team. This is not the same scenario. 

Whatever, I hope I'm wrong. This is so out of character for me. I don't win a lot of money betting. In fact, I lose way more than I win because I just do it for entertainment and shits and giggles, but I do feel that after many years of doing it allows me to see things fairly clearly, without my green glasses on.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:27

I am not convinced Ohio State is way better than us. They have had their own struggles against supposed lesser competition as well.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:38

Another stat: three times we've played OSU past November when they were undefeated. 74 98. 2013.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:39

I think this MSU team has another level we haven't seen yet. Objectively, the chances of everything coming together at this point in the season are not very good. But that is exactly what I am predicting to happen.
MSU 38
OSU 27
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:41

Giant Moose wrote:I am not convinced Ohio State is way better than us. They have had their own struggles against supposed lesser competition as well.
They are, talent wise. But they're bored. Impossible to tell when or if they'll wake up. 

Pretty typical of championship teams, especially at the collegiate level. 

There is a possibility - albeit in my amateur estimation remote - that they show up with that same attitude on Saturday. Entitled, knowing they are more talented and better and don't bring their top game. 

There is also the possibility that we show up with the opposite attitude. Something to prove. Putting EVERYTHING into each and every cut, each and every block and hit. We did not do that last year. At one time I thought this was probable this year but I'm not sure anymore. 

If both of the above happen, we will win. I don't think it's likely. 

It's impossible to predict. If I could I would be rich. But I don't think people in general realize how much these mindsets play into outcomes, especially in football. This is part of the reason why I was so floored by our performances last year after the OSU game against lesser teams. 

If I were forced to make a prediction about attitudes/motivation, I think OSU is going to be primed. That is why I am pessimistic. Because if they are, I don't care how pumped up we are. We will still lose. *

*all of the above assumes that the game is played under "normal" conditions.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I am not convinced Ohio State is way better than us. They have had their own struggles against supposed lesser competition as well.
They are, talent wise. But they're bored. Impossible to tell when or if they'll wake up. 

Pretty typical of championship teams, especially at the collegiate level. 

There is a possibility - albeit in my amateur estimation remote - that they show up with that same attitude on Saturday. Entitled, knowing they are more talented and better and don't bring their top game. 

There is also the possibility that we show up with the opposite attitude. Something to prove. Putting EVERYTHING into each and every cut, each and every block and hit. We did not do that last year. At one time I thought this was probable this year but I'm not sure anymore. 

If both of the above happen, we will win. I don't think it's likely. 

It's impossible to predict. If I could I would be rich. But I don't think people in general realize how much these mindsets play into outcomes, especially in football. This is part of the reason why I was so floored by our performances last year after the OSU game against lesser teams. 

If I were forced to make a prediction about attitudes/motivation, I think OSU is going to be primed. That is why I am pessimistic. Because if they are, I don't care how pumped up we are. We will still lose. *

*all of the above assumes that the game is played under "normal" conditions.

So in summary, if both teams play their best we have no chance.

I disagree.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 23:58

Yes duffy. That's correct, and objective. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. 

Also I don't think both teams will play their best (never happens) and I also think weather is going to play a big factor. And i have no idea who that is going to favor or how. 

Typical refrain on a wet/slippery field is it is going to hurt the offense but handicapper's typically will give the edge to the offense in these situations because receivers know where they're going on their cuts and can gain footing. Whereas DBs are guessing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 0:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes duffy. That's correct, and objective. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. 

Also I don't think both teams will play their best (never happens) and I also think weather is going to play a big factor. And i have no idea who that is going to favor or how. 

Typical refrain on a wet/slippery field is it is going to hurt the offense but handicapper's typically will give the edge to the offense in these situations because receivers know where they're going on their cuts and can gain footing. Whereas DBs are guessing.

I hope you are wrong too.

I wouldn't bet on a win ( to soon ?) but I would be shocked by a blowout.

We will be ready to play.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 2:32

duffy munn wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

49/17. With cook less than 100% and we all know he is this will be difficult. He's One sack away from o conner.

49-17 OSU is your prediction, really ?

Boy I hope when we win nobody remembers this prediction and calls you out.

We all know how pissed you get when your own words come back at you.

Lol. You can't anger me Muffy. I laugh at you.
It's what you live for Muffy. I don't believe we have the talent to win. Others in this thread agree but you focus all of your attention on me and your call out threads. People are tired of your schtick Muffy. Fire anastos.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 2:34

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes duffy. That's correct, and objective. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. 

I love this waffling post. you're predicting a loss too. Got it. I'll use your words in your predictable call out thread.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 2:37

But they never lose. The talent eventually wins out.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 7:45

One of you mods going to get the chat going tomorrow?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 7:59

NigelUno wrote:One of you mods going to get the chat going tomorrow?

It's on the front page. I don't think anything needs to be done. If so, I won't be around to do it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 8:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

It's on the front page. I don't think anything needs to be done. If so, I won't be around to do it.
Do you have an interview tomorrow?!?
Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 1837840279
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 8:41

This guy needs an Apathy Award.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 8:45

Death Roe wrote:ugh

His act is kinda played, amirite?

I mean it's one thing to predict a loss and thats fine - the way he goes about it like he's 12 instead of 65 (or should i say zilly?) or whatever is just odd at this point.

Wash
Rinse
Repeat
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 9:34

Tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I love this waffling post. you're predicting a loss too. Got it. I'll use your words in your predictable call out thread.

31 MSU

28 OSU
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 9:47

duffy munn wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

31 MSU

28 OSU
I'm hoping for this on a 52 yard FG
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 9:49

Let's go with MSU 23, OSU 21.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 9:54

Tanfan! wrote:

I don't see a large talent gap between OSU and MSU.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:09

Tanfan! wrote:

Like 2013?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:12

Tanfan! wrote:

Like 2013?

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3775540924
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:31

Come on guys. OSU didn't have a passing attack in 2013. And we were a LOT better on the defensive side of the ball. Our starting corners on that team were both first round picks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Come on guys. OSU didn't have a passing attack in 2013. And we were a LOT better on the defensive side of the ball. Our starting corners on that team were both first round picks.

They had more talent. They did lose.

That was the point.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Come on guys. OSU didn't have a passing attack in 2013. And we were a LOT better on the defensive side of the ball. Our starting corners on that team were both first round picks.

OSU's passing game was probably better in 2013.

38 TDs/9 INTs vs. 16 TDs/8 INTs this year.

Is our passing game better?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:39

Why is it so important to you to convince us that MSU will lose?

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 4198636888
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:40

I'm sorry it's Friday and I'm sick of the pussy ass shit. I'm going to go punch holes in my walls.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:42

They had more talent. They did lose.

That was the point.

The 2013 OSU team destroyed a lot of teams that year. I think they were better than this year's OSU team.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:42

If Andrew Maxwell can have us 2 points away from beating big bad Urban Meyer then sue me that I'm not waving the white flag with Connor fucking Cook.

Fuck!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:43

Rocinante wrote:

Just trying to provide a sane counter balance. Typically the only counter balance comes from the usual crew so it goes in one ear and out the other. There's some signs I'm seeing out there that really worry me in regards to the outcome.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Just trying to provide a sane counter balance. Typically the only counter balance comes from the usual crew so it goes in one ear and out the other. There's some signs I'm seeing out there that really worry me in regards to the outcome.

Well stop it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:56

Fair enough. I've said my piece. 

Go Gronze.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 Reg-Presley-Crop-Circle-ByC-359x244
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:57

NigelUno wrote:

OSU's passing game was probably better in 2013.

38 TDs/9 INTs vs. 16 TDs/8 INTs this year.

Is our passing game better?

uh oh, facts.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 10:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Fuck sanity.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 11:05

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Fuck sanity.

Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353 Predict the score of the MSU Ohio State football game  - Page 2 3493939353
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 11:23

WBH, I wonder if there is anybody on here or all message boards who really believe MSU can win that game without many things happening?

I don't. We are overmatched, we have less talent, Cook might be injured, or DB's are such young pink dicks, that they might make three mistakes on the same play. These are all facts. While I think we have athletes, they aren't the type of explosive athletes that can make up for taking a play fake in the backfield and losing ground on an OSU receiver. They will need to be on point.

we will need turnovers, we will need our Oline to have the very best game ever. We will need to have the ball 35-38 minutes of the game.

All of those things happening are not likely. However, and I've already said it, I've seen Dantonio pull a bigger rabbit out of a smaller hat.

My order of being "Shocked" at outcomes from biggest shock to smallest shock.

1. OSU beats us by 21 or more (not only shocked, but depressed till next August about our football team)
2. We beat OSU by more than 4
3. We win a close game
4. OSU win's a close game.

If we get blown out, I'm praying that Izzo destroys the big ten and makes the final four. It's the only thing that will save me from depression. Also, it could really effect the following week. Both in attendance and in outcome.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 20 Nov 2015 - 12:12

For the people saying we are overmatched, don't have nearly the same talent and it will take a near miracle to win........

What has OSU shown you this year that convinces they are so great ? Did you watch them against Northern Illinois, Maryland and Indiana ?

Good God you would think they are the 85 Bears.

They're beatable.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next