Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about Penn State's football team

+6
Code_Warrior
PSUfan28
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
SpartanInNH
Travis of the Cosmos
10 posters

Go down

Tell me about Penn State's football team Empty Tell me about Penn State's football team

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-22, 09:35

I watched them for about 2.5 minutes yesterday and that's about it. Tell me about them. Are we going to win?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me about Penn State's football team Empty Re: Tell me about Penn State's football team

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-22, 09:39

They suck. and we will murder them. Seriously, their QB is going to be carted off, and head out in an ambulance.

They suck. Hard.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me about Penn State's football team Empty Re: Tell me about Penn State's football team

Post by Guest 2015-11-22, 09:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I watched them for about 2.5 minutes yesterday and that's about it. Tell me about them. Are we going to win?

Their D Line is good - led by West Branch's Anthony Zettel.....who I REALLY wanted for MSU. Other than that unit they suck and we should beat them.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-22, 09:43

Hackenberg is overrated. I don't care if his OL is bad, he is not some great QB. Also, Franklin is not a good game coach.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-22, 09:44

I like all of your words so far. More words.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-22, 09:49

Crazy fan base. They care more about protecting the institution than standing up to a moral crisis.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PSUfan28 2015-11-22, 09:50

Offense - Offensive line sucks. Like bottom of the conference bad. Receivers can have trouble getting separation and Hack holds onto the ball too long. Couple those three together and you're due for 5 sacks next week. Saquon Barkley is the real deal. He racked almost 200 on OSU despite everyone else. Problem is if you get to him as he's getting the ball, there's not much he can do. Chris Godwin can make the spectacular, but he'll drop some passes too. Keep Barkley and Godwin in check and PSU won't score 10. Kicking situation is a mess. Punting is a disaster. Field position battle will be in your favor all day.

Defense - Defensive line could very well be the best in the nation. No doubt the best DT combo with Zettel and Johnson. Zettel is flashier and Nassib gets all the pub on the edge, but Johnson is the best. Nassib is a question mark with nagging injuries, but I'll go ahead and guess he plays. Nassib leads the nation with 16 sacks for 107 yards, despite sitting yesterday. Linebackers - Brandon Bell is very good, Cabinda is hit and miss, and Reeder needed another year. Secondary was strong but injuries have taken a toll. We're missing our starting MLB and S, Wartman and Lucas. Missing Lucas is the real hitter, because you guys should go after Malik Golden all day.

I see this close at half with MSU pulling away pretty hard when the defense breaks down due to TOP and field position.
PSUfan28
PSUfan28
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-22, 09:51

I'm serious, Hackenberg has probably been concussed in every game. We will murder him.

And just because it made me Tell me about Penn State's football team 502811600

SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-22, 09:56

PSUfan28 wrote:Offense - Offensive line sucks.  Like bottom of the conference bad.  Receivers can have trouble getting separation and Hack holds onto the ball too long.  Couple those three together and you're due for 5 sacks next week.  Saquon Barkley is the real deal.  He racked almost 200 on OSU despite everyone else.  Problem is if you get to him as he's getting the ball, there's not much he can do. Chris Godwin can make the spectacular, but he'll drop some passes too. Keep Barkley and Godwin in check and PSU won't score 10.  Kicking situation is a mess.  Punting is a disaster.  Field position battle will be in your favor all day.

Defense - Defensive line could very well be the best in the nation.  No doubt the best DT combo with Zettel and Johnson. Zettel is flashier and Nassib gets all the pub on the edge, but Johnson is the best.  Nassib is a question mark with nagging injuries, but I'll go ahead and guess he plays.  Nassib leads the nation with 16 sacks for 107 yards, despite sitting yesterday.  Linebackers - Brandon Bell is very good, Cabinda is hit and miss, and Reeder needed another year.  Secondary was strong but injuries have taken a toll.  We're missing our starting MLB and S, Wartman and Lucas.  Missing Lucas is the real hitter, because you guys should go after Malik Golden all day.

I see this close at half with MSU pulling away pretty hard when the defense breaks down due to TOP and field position.

Thank you for telling me about Penn States football team. It sounds like we probably need connor cooks shoulder to be better than not injured.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-22, 10:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
PSUfan28 wrote:Offense - Offensive line sucks.  Like bottom of the conference bad.  Receivers can have trouble getting separation and Hack holds onto the ball too long.  Couple those three together and you're due for 5 sacks next week.  Saquon Barkley is the real deal.  He racked almost 200 on OSU despite everyone else.  Problem is if you get to him as he's getting the ball, there's not much he can do. Chris Godwin can make the spectacular, but he'll drop some passes too. Keep Barkley and Godwin in check and PSU won't score 10.  Kicking situation is a mess.  Punting is a disaster.  Field position battle will be in your favor all day.

Defense - Defensive line could very well be the best in the nation.  No doubt the best DT combo with Zettel and Johnson. Zettel is flashier and Nassib gets all the pub on the edge, but Johnson is the best.  Nassib is a question mark with nagging injuries, but I'll go ahead and guess he plays.  Nassib leads the nation with 16 sacks for 107 yards, despite sitting yesterday.  Linebackers - Brandon Bell is very good, Cabinda is hit and miss, and Reeder needed another year.  Secondary was strong but injuries have taken a toll.  We're missing our starting MLB and S, Wartman and Lucas.  Missing Lucas is the real hitter, because you guys should go after Malik Golden all day.

Thank you for telling me about Penn States football team. It sounds like we probably need connor cooks shoulder to be better than not injured.

No, we don't. WE. WILL. MURDER. THEM.

At times, it appeared that Temple knew the plays before Penn State called them, with defensive linemen peeling off blocks to throttle would-be screens or simply blowing through the Nittany Lions' truly "offensive" line to hit Hackenberg time and time again....

Hackenberg's inability to buy himself any time was another theme of the game. Penn State's offensive line struggled mightily in this contest -- at one point surrendering a sack when Temple rushed just two -- but Hackenberg showed little agility, balance or spatial awareness, contributing to the Nittany Lions surrendering 10 sacks on the day.

Christian Hackenberg's NFL stock sinking after humbling loss to Temple

Seriously, pay attention.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-22, 10:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I watched them for about 2.5 minutes yesterday and that's about it. Tell me about them. Are we going to win?
They are a college football team from Pennsylvania. They call themselves the Nittany Lions. Their college is in a town called Happy Valley. Their uniforms are a classic combination of basic blue and white. They are known for having great defenses and this year is no exception. Their offense hasn't been very good though, they don't score a lot of points, however, their defense limits opposition points, so they have been able to win in mostly low scoring games. However, they did lose to SCum.

I believe we will win, but this game is not a sure thing. We have to bring our A-Game.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-22, 10:32

Bring pressure and we win
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-11-22, 10:53

I'm hoping for a close game where we pull away at the end. Nothing to dominating. Don't want the worst game coach in conference going anywhere.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-11-22, 12:06

Yeah psu isn't playing well in November. That's the sign of not enough depth and poor coaching. Franklin is as bad a game manager as there is and the offensive play calling is utterly atrocious. They still use the wildcat on a significant number of snaps. DL is the real deal but they're soft in the secondary And the offense isn't good/smart enough to sustain drives.

I think we have a bit of a letdown in the first half but come back to win it late.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-28, 19:24

SpartanInNH wrote:They suck. and we will murder them. Seriously, their QB is going to be carted off, and head out in an ambulance.

They suck. Hard.

*Cough* Neutral
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-28, 19:39

SpartanInNH wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:They suck. and we will murder them. Seriously, their QB is going to be carted off, and head out in an ambulance.

They suck. Hard.

*Cough* Neutral
Laff
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-09, 20:08

Bob Shoop to Leave Penn State for Tennessee

Doesn't want to coach PSU no more. Yay Franklin.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-09, 20:11

You don't have to tell me about penn states football team anymore. That was really more of a "during the week before that game" type of thing. Thanks though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-09, 20:19

Listen you ungrateful son of a bitch - don't give Floyd shit for trying to help out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-09, 20:20

I was just trying to save him time don't be rude
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-09, 20:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You don't have to tell me about penn states football team anymore. That was really more of a "during the week before that game" type of thing. Thanks though.
It was either this or start a new thread. Lesser of two PSU evils.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down