Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Anniversary AND Mother's Day gift ideas!!! UPDATE: DSLR Camera experts please reply.

+6
Cym Jim
Izzo Court
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
AMwood
Motown Spartan
10 posters

Go down

Help!  Anniversary AND Mother's Day gift ideas!!!  UPDATE: DSLR Camera experts please reply.   Empty Help! Anniversary AND Mother's Day gift ideas!!! UPDATE: DSLR Camera experts please reply.

Post by Motown Spartan Fri 9 May 2014 - 9:07

Yep, waited until the last minute, as per usual.  Today is our 9th anniversary and Sunday is Mother's Day of course.  If I'm lucky, hookers and blow will suffice but I have a feeling that wouldn't go over too well...

Last edited by Motown Spartan on Fri 9 May 2014 - 13:30; edited 2 times in total
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Help!  Anniversary AND Mother's Day gift ideas!!!  UPDATE: DSLR Camera experts please reply.   Empty Re: Help! Anniversary AND Mother's Day gift ideas!!! UPDATE: DSLR Camera experts please reply.

Post by AMwood Fri 9 May 2014 - 9:08

buy her a treadmill and a nutri bullet.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Help!  Anniversary AND Mother's Day gift ideas!!!  UPDATE: DSLR Camera experts please reply.   Empty Re: Help! Anniversary AND Mother's Day gift ideas!!! UPDATE: DSLR Camera experts please reply.

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 9 May 2014 - 9:17

Motown Spartan wrote:Yep, waited until the last minute, as per usual.  Today is our 9th anniversary and Sunday is Mother's Day of course.  If I'm lucky, hookers and blow will suffice but I have a feeling that wouldn't go over too well...
We got a damn baseball tourney for kid #2 we are camping out for all weekend. And I totally forgot about Mother's day until last night. I have one hour in the greater Lansing area to get her something.

She said all she wants is me and the boys to re-mulch the gardens.

Me screwed.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 9 May 2014 - 9:37

My wife's bday is Sat and then MDay on Sunday. I asked her what she wanted 2 months ago. She said she has everything she wants and she'll just go buy it if she wants something new.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Fri 9 May 2014 - 10:01

I took some cute pictures of the kids in the backyard with the tulips blooming and made them look classy by editing them into black and white photos. I upload the pics to Meijer's website and they were ready in 30 minutes.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 9 May 2014 - 11:11

Izzo Court wrote:I took some cute pictures of the kids in the backyard with the tulips blooming and made them look classy by editing them into black and white photos.  I upload the pics to Meijer's website and they were ready in 30 minutes.

THAT is an idea right there.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri 9 May 2014 - 13:29

Tell me about DSLR lenses. Fixed Focal Length? Short-Range Zoom? Long-Range Zoom? Specialty? She has a sweet camera but insists that the lense is not that great and wants/needs a better one. The lense she has came with the camera.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Fri 9 May 2014 - 13:36

Motown Spartan wrote:Tell me about DSLR lenses.  Fixed Focal Length?  Short-Range Zoom?  Long-Range Zoom?  Specialty?  She has a sweet camera but insists that the lense is not that great and wants/needs a better one.  The lense she has came with the camera.  

When I see a chick with a nice camera I always wonder if she knows how to use it, or if she's just carrying it for her dude.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Loose Stools Fri 9 May 2014 - 15:26

Motown Spartan wrote:Tell me about DSLR lenses.  Fixed Focal Length?  Short-Range Zoom?  Long-Range Zoom?  Specialty?  She has a sweet camera but insists that the lense is not that great and wants/needs a better one.  The lense she has came with the camera.  

I've been a Canon dude, and the Rebel is a nice series without breaking the bank.  As far as a lens, the Canon Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS is a good lens for the price ( around $400).  Nice range, image stabilization, decent quality.
Loose Stools
Loose Stools
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 9 May 2014 - 15:30

COLORED FONT IS SUPER COOL ROFL HAHHAHAHAHHAHA !!!!! 1111 111 11 ELEVEN.!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Fri 9 May 2014 - 16:58

edit: nvm.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat 10 May 2014 - 9:13

Does she really expect major gifts for those? I don't get the whole thing about expecting a big gift for that stuff. I'm more of the cook me a nice dinner or clean the house kind of girl. Or a foot rub. Best gift ever. I'd do almost anything for a good foot rub.
So what did you end up getting her?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Loose Stools Sat 10 May 2014 - 11:09

One thing I wanted to add. Now that the kids are older (20s), Mother's Day is on them. I buy twife a card, and let the kids handle the major gifts.
Loose Stools
Loose Stools
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down