Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you imagine playing Saban in the natty? Shit, the semi?

+11
steveschneider
DoogieHouser
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
Giant Moose
15 posters

Go down

Can you imagine playing Saban in the natty? Shit, the semi? Empty Can you imagine playing Saban in the natty? Shit, the semi?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-30, 02:27

Now that would get some people fired up.. Can you imagine playing Saban in the natty? Shit, the semi? 3493939353
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine playing Saban in the natty? Shit, the semi? Empty Re: Can you imagine playing Saban in the natty? Shit, the semi?

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-30, 06:54

It would be cool to see Saban saluting the Spartan logo during the game.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine playing Saban in the natty? Shit, the semi? Empty Re: Can you imagine playing Saban in the natty? Shit, the semi?

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-30, 06:59

We match up better against Bama than we do against Oklahoma or Clemson.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 08:02

I'm not afraid of anyone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 08:19

gHost Spartan wrote:I really don't know why people even connect him to MSU anymore, it's been almost 20 years since he was here. Who the fuck cares?
'cause he's won 4 national championships since he left us and we don't appreciate that very much.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-30, 08:23

gHost Spartan wrote:I really don't know why people even connect him to MSU anymore, it's been almost 20 years since he was here. Who the fuck cares?

A lot of Spartans would.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-30, 09:56

He obviously doesn't. Canceling the home and home series is all you need to know. Saban is about saban, and that's it. Dantonio could play the massive disrespect card in that match up
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-30, 09:57

I've been over Saban since he left for LSU. The butthurt never made a whole lot sense - if Saban hadn't left for LSU he would have left for somewhere else that's what he does. That's what football coaches do. A decade plus tenured coach in the NFL or college is rare.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-30, 10:08

This.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-30, 10:16

Players play.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-30, 10:17

I've never had a very active imagination.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-30, 10:25

I'd just love to beat Oregon, UofM, OSU PSU and Alabama in one year.

The only team missing in those blue bloods would be ND. We'll get them net year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-30, 10:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I've never had a very active imagination.

We know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-30, 10:26

Not looking ahead to face any coach.

But, playing Saban in late December/early January means our program is doing OK. So, that's good.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-11-30, 11:08

Dr. Strangelove wrote:We match up better against Bama than we do against Oklahoma or Clemson.

We match-up well against a team that doesn't have a top flight passing game, which Alabama doesn't. Our passing game could potentially hurt them with their young DB's. Don't like the head to head in the trenches, in spite of our excellent play there in the last two weeks.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-30, 11:11

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I've been over Saban since he left for LSU. The butthurt never made a whole lot sense - if Saban hadn't left for LSU he would have left for somewhere else that's what he does. That's what football coaches do. A decade plus tenured coach in the NFL or college is rare.

I was upset, but couldn't fault him for accepting a job that paid a lot more money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-11-30, 11:14

People that saw what a great coach he was at MSU, and also what a prick. Would LOVE to beat Nick Saban and Alabama, who is at the top of the food chain.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-30, 11:45

You guys may act all high and mighty re: Saban but you're kidding yourselves if the fanbase wouldn't be ecstatic about beating Saban.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-30, 11:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You guys may act all high and mighty re: Saban but you're kidding yourselves if the fanbase wouldn't be ecstatic about beating Saban.

Beating Alabama would mean we won a pretty big game. I don't have a great deal of disdain for him. He works hard. He wants to win.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-30, 12:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You guys may act all high and mighty re: Saban but you're kidding yourselves if the fanbase wouldn't be ecstatic about beating Saban.

He's probably the greatest cfb coach of all time, I'd be stoked.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-30, 12:10

NigelUno wrote:

Beating Alabama would mean we won a pretty big game. I don't have a great deal of disdain for him. He works hard. He wants to win.

I've rooted for him just about every time he's been in the playoffs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-11-30, 12:17

Would rather play in natty, not give Saban and staff over a month to prepare.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-30, 12:30

The_Dude wrote:Would rather play in natty, not give Saban and staff over a month to prepare.

Probably not something a Michigan fan needs to be concerned with right now.

Baby steps.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-30, 12:39

Saban is one of our own like Russell Byrd. Why would I be ecstatic about beating him?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-30, 12:41

Giant Moose wrote:
Saban is one of our own like Russell Byrd. Why would I be ecstatic about beating him?

Don't tell me Izzo is going to let him kiss the S
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 12:42

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Don't tell me Izzo is going to let him kiss the S
he can kiss my S!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-30, 12:42

Kissing the S is for basketball, guys. Saluting the Spartan is for football.

Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-30, 12:43

Last time we played Saban it didn't work out so well. I'd like to have a rematch now that the programs are on even footing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-30, 13:32

Nobody said otherwise. gHost just pointed out it's been nearly 20 years since Saban went to LSU, and that he left because that's what coaches do, most of the time.

As others have said, I'd love to beat bama because it's the best of the best, and Saban is arguably the best coach in CFB history. But I'm only speaking for myself. If the majority of Spartan fans want revenge, I hope they get it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-30, 13:32

NigelUno wrote:

....and yet you obssession with me. So strange
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-30, 13:34

tGreenWay wrote:

Nobody said otherwise. gHost just pointed out it's been nearly 20 years since Saban went to LSU, and that he left because that's what coaches do, most of the time.

As others have said, I'd love to beat bama because it's the best of the best, and Saban is arguably the best coach in CFB history. But I'm only speaking for myself. If the majority of Spartan fans want revenge, I hope they get it.

I take what I want.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-11-30, 14:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:'cause he's won 4 national championships since he left us and we don't appreciate that very much.

What in the Sam hell is going on here - Bob fucking blabbing mantra Great American Sakimano is dropping an actual football factoid into a thread.
Put that on the top my shit I didn't think I would see this week list.

my take is:
At this point it would be sweet to beat anyone and everyone, and beating a coach with 4 natty's would be nice too.

IMO - we should thank Nick for leaving and taking the money. the long game on that is - it lead us to having a President who understand the importance of football; and AD who is on top of making athletics a successful endeavor both on the field(s) and in the pocketbook; and after the suckfests of Booby and Johnelle it has led to the huge success that is Coach D.
So I say thanks for leaving Nick and shaking up the system (the system he knew could not be successful the way that it was in the mid - to late 1990's.
(oh yeah and fuck you Nick for trying to take the entire staff with you, none of got on the plane with you)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-11-30, 14:28

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I've rooted for him just about every time he's been in the playoffs.

Me too! Never liked his personality, but as Dickie V says "he can flat-out coach!"
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-30, 14:32

Wally Fairway wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:'cause he's won 4 national championships since he left us and we don't appreciate that very much.

What in the Sam hell is going on here - Bob fucking blabbing mantra Great American Sakimano is dropping an actual football factoid into a thread.
Put that on the top my shit I didn't think I would see this week list.

my take is:
At this point it would be sweet to beat anyone and everyone, and beating a coach with 4 natty's would be nice too.

IMO - we should thank Nick for leaving and taking the money. the long game on that is - it lead us to having a President who understand the importance of football; and AD who is on top of making athletics a successful endeavor both on the field(s) and in the pocketbook; and after the suckfests of Booby and Johnelle it has led to the huge success that is Coach D.
So I say thanks for leaving Nick and shaking up the system (the system he knew could not be successful the way that it was in the mid - to late 1990's.
(oh yeah and fuck you Nick for trying to take the entire staff with you, none of got on the plane with you)
I used the Google..

and I can read.. albeit at a 4th grade level.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-30, 16:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I take what I want.

Bump
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-30, 17:32

I don't care who we beat to bring home the hardware. I think the press will make a bigger deal of it than MSU fans if the matchup happens. I bet Nick would rather lose a game to MSU than any other playoff team except the "you can't win there" comment will come back to bite him in the ass.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-30, 17:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't care who we beat to bring home the hardware. I think the press will make a bigger deal of it than MSU fans if the matchup happens. I bet Nick would rather lose a game to MSU than any other playoff team except the "you can't win there" comment will come back to bite him in the ass.

It already has, unless he was referring specifically to the then-MNC. I'm unaware of the context of his quote. Also, you go ahead and bite him in the ass. Ain't no way I'm doing it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down