Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone???

+5
Oops Thats not right
Heat Miser
Son of Sparta
TrueGreenSpartan
Green Note
9 posters

Go down

Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? Empty Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone???

Post by Green Note 2014-05-09, 12:26

Cannot seem to to find a current answer other than no, not possible.

Past solutions have been dragging it to trash.This solution does not work and is years old.
Changing launchers. I have tried Nova but it had no luck with that.

Any ideas? Very seldom use a browser and then Chrome.  confused
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? Empty Re: Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone???

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 12:31

Green Note wrote:Cannot seem to to find a current answer other than no, not possible.

Past solutions have been dragging it to trash.This solution does not work and is years old.
Changing launchers. I have tried Nova but it had no luck with that.

Any ideas? Very seldom use a browser and then Chrome.  confused

using a different launcher should work. Other then that, you'd need to root and custom rom your phone Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? 2599972566 it's baked into the standard Android launcher now
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? Empty Re: Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone???

Post by Son of Sparta 2014-05-09, 12:34

Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? Mash_hammer
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-09, 12:44

On my Note II it's a widget that can be moved/removed just like any other widget. Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Oops Thats not right 2014-05-09, 12:59

Heat Miser wrote:On my Note II it's a widget that can be moved/removed just like any other widget. Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? 2599972566

Same here, I actually have 3 home pages to swipe through with short cuts to apps and web pages and other items. I left it on one of the sub pages.
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 13:22

you can try apex launcher I believe that will remove it but after Jellybean it's baked in
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2014-05-09, 13:42

Heat Miser wrote:On my Note II it's a widget that can be moved/removed just like any other widget. Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? 2599972566

Tried that and it does not work on mine.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-05-09, 16:09

Is that a Kit Kat update thing?  Phone's on Jelly Bean & I removed it like any other widget.  Tablet's on Kit Kat (4.4.2) though and I removed it the same way.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Costanza 2014-05-09, 20:56

Go to your application manager then all then disable Google Search
Johnny Costanza
Johnny Costanza
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-05-09, 22:23

Johnny Costanza wrote:Go to your application manager then all then disable Google Search

This will work, but just FYI, you will lose voice search. May not matter to you but just be for warned
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2014-05-10, 00:03

Johnny Costanza wrote:Go to your application manager then all then disable Google Search

My phone does not appear to have a "disable" selection. I found previously this instruction complete with video of steps (different from what appears on my phone but I can get to the correct screen). Next to the Force Stop in the video is Disable. On my phone it is "uninstall updates"

Google version 3.4.16.1149292

Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-05-10, 00:04

Green Note wrote:

My phone does not appear to have a "disable" selection. I found previously this instruction complete with video of steps (different from what appears on my phone but I can get to the correct screen). Next to the Force Stop in the video is Disable. On my phone it is "uninstall updates"

Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? 1494614055 
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-10, 00:06

Heat Miser wrote:

Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? 1494614055 

OG Droid??  Removing Google search bar from home page on Droid phone??? 502811600 
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Costanza 2014-05-10, 08:37

Green Note wrote:

Once you uninstall the updates the disable should show up.
Johnny Costanza
Johnny Costanza
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-10, 11:30

What kind of phone is it? Have you verified it's running Kit Kat? I don't understand why a different launcher doesn't work, you should be able to add or remove anything. If Android did in fact place a search bar that can't be removed that would be very un-Android of them.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down