Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a bunch of whine asses.

+5
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
BleacherSwill
Dr. Strangelove
Floyd Robertson
9 posters

Go down

What a bunch of whine asses. Empty What a bunch of whine asses.

Post by Guest 2015-12-13, 09:04

Ooooooh I'm very sad I don't have wiFi in my room. Wah, wah, wah - then the story mentions that each room has
an ethernet port and the poor little fucking flowers would need to squeeze $20 into their college budget to have a
router and wifi.......and somehow they can't afford that?? WTF!!!?? They choose to go to the public areas of
the dorm over $20?? How the fuck do you rub one out doing that? Jeezus christ folks - keep it in your delicate
little head that back in my day we had wifi in exaclty ZERO rooms and we got by.

What a bunch of whine asses. 1811933421 What a bunch of whine asses. 1811933421 What a bunch of whine asses. 1811933421 What a bunch of whine asses. 1811933421

Wireless Internet lacking in most MSU dorm rooms

In an era in which communications has evolved to electronics on multiple devices, professors present material that must be accessed electronically and the Internet is a gateway to information. Access is critical for students in higher education. And for MSU students, that means in their dorm rooms, too.

Mark Hart, a native Detroiter, went his entire freshman year using the Wi-Fi access in his dorm’s public areas, then finally invested in technology that allowed him to study in his room in Case Hall.

“I didn’t have the money freshman year,” said Hart, now a senior. He said the public areas of the dorm are often busy, making it harder to concentrate. “Life is so much easier now that I can study in my room.”

"invested in technology" = I bought a fucking $20 router and an ethernet cable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What a bunch of whine asses. Empty Re: What a bunch of whine asses.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-13, 09:20

Sounds like someone could make a killing renting cheap-ass routers to broke-ass college students for $2.99 a month if they could figure out the security deposit angle.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-12-13, 09:39

You could buy the cheapest goddamned router in the world since you would only need 10 feet of signal.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2015-12-13, 09:57

LooseGoose wrote:Ooooooh I'm very sad I don't have wiFi in my room. Wah, wah, wah - then the story mentions that each room has
an ethernet port and the poor little fucking flowers would need to squeeze $20 into their college budget to have a
router and wifi.......and somehow they can't afford that?? WTF!!!?? They choose to go to the public areas of
the dorm over $20?? How the fuck do you rub one out doing that? Jeezus christ folks - keep it in your delicate
little head that back in my day we had wifi in exaclty ZERO rooms and we got by.

What a bunch of whine asses. 1811933421 What a bunch of whine asses. 1811933421 What a bunch of whine asses. 1811933421 What a bunch of whine asses. 1811933421

Wireless Internet lacking in most MSU dorm rooms

In an era in which communications has evolved to electronics on multiple devices, professors present material that must be accessed electronically and the Internet is a gateway to information. Access is critical for students in higher education. And for MSU students, that means in their dorm rooms, too.

Mark Hart, a native Detroiter, went his entire freshman year using the Wi-Fi access in his dorm’s public areas, then finally invested in technology that allowed him to study in his room in Case Hall.

“I didn’t have the money freshman year,” said Hart, now a senior. He said the public areas of the dorm are often busy, making it harder to concentrate. “Life is so much easier now that I can study in my room.”

"invested in technology" = I bought a fucking $20 router and an ethernet cable.

The real stupid of all this is the guy actually reading the Detroit News.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 10:06

They should have wifi in every dorm given what each student pays a year. You can call them whiny all you want, it's ridiculous that every other school has that and ours doesn't.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-13, 10:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They should have wifi in every dorm given what each student pays a year. You can call them whiny all you want, it's ridiculous that every other school has that and ours doesn't.

Is there a technology fee at MSU? If I am student paying an annual fee that goes toward the costs of wifi in dorm rooms, but my dorm does not have such access, I am probably annoyed. However, the whole router discussion was terrible and sounded really whinny.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 10:26

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They should have wifi in every dorm given what each student pays a year. You can call them whiny all you want, it's ridiculous that every other school has that and ours doesn't.

Is there a technology fee at MSU? If I am student paying an annual fee that goes toward the costs of wifi in dorm rooms, but my dorm does not have such access, I am probably annoyed. However, the whole router discussion was terrible and sounded really whinny.

Is there a technology fee? I dunno. There is $947,000 in annual tuition though. I bet they probably cooked some kind of technology fee in there somehow.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-13, 10:36

I am sure there is, and that tuition most certainly helps pay for this blatant digital discrimination. Revolution now!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 10:40

Turtleneck wrote:I am sure there is, and that tuition most certainly helps pay for this blatant digital discrimination. Revolution now!

I get that there are a ton of other options. And that the students Coke off as whiny in the article. But the reality is that all other schools offer wifi in dorms and msu doesn't. That's not something to defend. That's something to go fix.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-12-13, 10:43

How come whenever anyone talks about an inconvenience then that means they're whining?  Nothing indicated dude was looking for any pity, he was asked about the wifi or lack thereof and commented on it.  It's easier now that he has a router.  Also, $20 is harder to come by for some than others.  I would also argue that easy internet access is more important now than before as our professors weren't posting course material online.   I'll bet there were a bunch of whine asses back in the day that wanted phones in their dorms.

Last edited by StylesGShmooth on 2015-12-13, 11:05; edited 1 time in total
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 10:46

Yeah, the old "I did it without the internet!" Shit is stupid old man talk. Guess what. The classes these kids take are harder than the ones you took. Why? Because the professors are aware that you have access to this thing that grants you unlimited knowledge call the Internet. Expectations are higher as a result.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-13, 10:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I am sure there is, and that tuition most certainly helps pay for this blatant digital discrimination. Revolution now!

I get that there are a ton of other options. And that the students Coke off as whiny in the article. But the reality is that all other schools offer wifi in dorms and msu doesn't. That's not something to defend. That's something to go fix.

I just care that a resource everyone pays for equally be distributed equally.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-13, 10:57

27K and I can't get my kid wifi. I get how easy it is to overcome, and frankly we have, but it doesn't seem like much on either part. It's not news worthy and it seems petty on both sides. Many parents I know just drive to meijer or Best Buy on move in day, but we also kind of shook our heads.

It is what it is
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-12-13, 11:07

You sound like a whiny bitch that likes to complain and argue
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 11:17

Snake Plissken wrote:

You sound like a whiny bitch that likes to complain and argue

You sound like an idiot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-13, 11:24

Snake Plissken wrote:You sound like a whiny bitch that likes to complain and argue

You sound like an idiot.

I love it when we all get along.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 11:25

LooseGoose wrote:

You sound like an idiot.

He's just mad he can't be banning people right now. It's okay, let him work through it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-12-13, 11:42

LooseGoose wrote:

He's just mad he can't be banning people right now. It's okay, let him work through it.
Yeah that's obviously why I'm over here
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 11:44

Snake Plissken wrote:

Yeah that's obviously why I'm over here

I'm gonna need you to go ahead and loosen up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-13, 14:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: Expectations are higher as a result.

Pffffffft - these kids couldn't even get out of the 8th grade in 1912 Bullitt County, Kentucky, things have been dumbed down not made harder.

Generations of fragile flowers have been raised since the good toys were all banned - like:

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 14:08

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote: Expectations are higher as a result.

Pffffffft - these kids couldn't even get out of the 8th grade in 1912 Bullitt County, Kentucky, things have been dumbed down not made harder.

Generations of fragile flowers have been raised since the good toys were all banned - like:

Maybe harder isn't what I meant... Different is probably a better word for it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-13, 14:20

LooseGoose wrote:

Maybe harder isn't what I meant... Different is probably a better word for it.

I'll agree with you there - many of these damned kids today are "different". But dammit I want to scrap today - can't you mention how terrible parents were back then to let their kids ride bikes barefoot and without sissy helmets?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-13, 14:21

The US, as a whole, is pretty fucked up in teh Internet dept. Maybe it was just an eye opener to go to a 3rd world country and wifi is available everywhere, free. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the mobile phone companies are helping to suppress wifi, as it hurts their current business model. This is why I never use wifi though, except at home.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down