Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk?

+14
I.B. Fine
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Dendrobates
Cameron
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk? Empty Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk?

Post by tGreenWay Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 1:42

A couple of years ago, I was chatting with a handyman I'd hired to build an ark or something equally goofy, I don't recall, and he said he'd spent several years after high school working on a dairy farm. Somehow, store-bought chocolate milk made its way into the conversation. He told me to never, ever buy the pre-made kind, regardless of who the manufacturer was. I asked why, and he told me that all the milk with blood in it gets sold off to chocolate milk producers. They obviously can't sell milk with small threads of blood streams with the regular stuff, because people would easily see it and get grossed out. They also don't want to dump perfectly good milk, so it gets sold separately as specialty milk and buyers are none the wiser.

Now, I don't drink chocolate milk, mainly because I'm an adult, and because I don't work out with Barwis. But if you drink it, and if this is a true story, then you should know what you're putting into your system. That's right, I'm going to blow the lid right off this story.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk? Empty Re: Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 1:43

You ever eat a steak hombre? You're fine. Drink the goddamn chocolate milk with the twirly straw and quit being a pussy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk? Empty Re: Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk?

Post by tGreenWay Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 1:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You ever eat a steak hombre? You're fine. Drink the goddamn chocolate milk with the twirly straw and quit being a pussy.

I don't eat steak. I don't drink chocolate milk. I do, however, have twirly straws for my Tang.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 1:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You ever eat a steak hombre? You're fine. Drink the goddamn chocolate milk with the twirly straw and quit being a pussy.

Also, do you have the recipe for steak hombre? It sounds delicious.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 1:57

tGreenWay wrote:

Also, do you have the recipe for steak hombre? It sounds delicious.

I really wish you would stop criticizing my lack of comma usage in my posts greenway. It's getting really fucking old.

Put that in your twirly straw and suck it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 1:58

I drink my coffee out of a straw. Better for my teef.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:04

tGreenWay wrote:They obviously can't sell milk with small threads of blood streams with the regular stuff, because people would easily see it and get grossed out.
That's the good shit.  Literally.
-tPantry

To each their own though.  Just don't give it to kids, or the elderly, or your coworkers, or pass it out for Halloween and shit.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:06

I'm going to bed guys. This is boring.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm going to bed guys. This is boring.

Please don't.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I drink my coffee out of a straw. Better for my teef.

Please explain.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:35

Gomer wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:They obviously can't sell milk with small threads of blood streams with the regular stuff, because people would easily see it and get grossed out.
-tPantry

To each their own though.  Just don't give it to kids, or the elderly, or your coworkers, or pass it out for Halloween and shit.

I'm back to passing out foil-wrapped popcorn balls. And pennies. Lots and lots of pennies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm going to bed guys. This is boring.

Aren't you a part of the pissing match in the family thread? That's much more interesting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:39

tGreenWay wrote:
Gomer wrote:
-tPantry

I'm back to passing out foil-wrapped popcorn balls. And pennies. Lots and lots of pennies.

For Halloween, I give out ammunition and little NRA stickers. Sorry you hate freedom.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:44

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

For Halloween, I give out ammunition and little NRA stickers. Sorry you hate freedom.

I'd planned to pass out laminated copies of the 2nd Amendment, but they proved to be very popular at the Senior Center Granddaddy-Granddaughter Dance, and I ran out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:47

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I drink my coffee out of a straw. Better for my teef.

Please explain.

I think it will keep my teeth whiter. But it's probably a myth anyway. Regardless, I'm going to continue to do it. Always drink water after too. Ladies love a nice pair of whities.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Please explain.

I think it will keep my teeth whiter. But it's probably a myth anyway. Regardless, I'm going to continue to do it. Always drink water after too. Ladies love a nice pair of whities.

Well then, here is a perfect dating site for you...

http://www.wherewhitepeoplemeet.com/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 2:56

tGreenWay wrote:They also don't want to dump perfectly good milk, so it gets sold separately as specialty milk and buyers are none the wiser.

so...what's the problem?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 3:00

http://glo.com/beauty/8-beauty-sins-you-might-be-committing-5734.gallery?photoId=18592#!stackState=0__%2Fbeauty%2F8-beauty-sins-you-might-be-committing-5734.gallery%3FphotoId%3D18592

your face will have that vibrant 'coked out on caffeine and wrinklier than tanfans balls' look to go along with those pearly whites
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 3:41

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:They also don't want to dump perfectly good milk, so it gets sold separately as specialty milk and buyers are none the wiser.

so...what's the problem?

I didn't say it was a problem.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 8:35

tGreenWay wrote:A couple of years ago, I was chatting with a handyman I'd hired to build an ark or something equally goofy, I don't recall, and he said he'd spent several years after high school working on a dairy farm. Somehow, store-bought chocolate milk made its way into the conversation. He told me to never, ever buy the pre-made kind, regardless of who the manufacturer was. I asked why, and he told me that all the milk with blood in it gets sold off to chocolate milk producers.

Not true. Sleep well tonight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 9:32

Not true.

Chocolate milk is actually just all the milk going sour (past expiration dates), which is then mixed with chocolate (and sugar) to take the sourness away.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 9:39

NigelUno wrote:Not true.

Chocolate milk is actually just all the milk going sour (past expiration dates), which is then mixed with chocolate (and sugar) to take the sourness away.

lol, not true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:10

Chocolate milk comes out of the cows' butts.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:17

The husband likes his chocolate milk. It's that kid part of him that has never grown up. And his father still buys it for himself as well. Although when I said to just mix hersey syrup in regular milk, it apparently isn't the same.

Anyway, even if it is true, why does it matter? Red meat contains some blood in it anyway. I know this would not stop him.

Plus, he has drank so much of this shit his whole life, his bones are made of steel. Yup...every bone is steel. Which is partly why I stick around. Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk? 3557613862
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:19

Cameron wrote:Chocolate milk comes out of the cows' butts.

True.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:20

Dendrobates wrote:The husband likes his chocolate milk. It's that kid part of him that has never grown up. And his father still buys it for himself as well. Although when I said to just mix hersey syrup in regular milk, it apparently isn't the same.

Anyway, even if it is true, why does it matter? Red meat contains some blood in it anyway. I know this would not stop him.

Plus, he has drank so much of this shit his whole life, his bones are made of steel. Yup...every bone is chocolate steel. Which is partly why I stick around. Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk? 3557613862

FIFY
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:22

The husband likes his chocolate milk. It's that kid part of him that has never grown up. And his father still buys it for himself as well. Although when I said to just mix hersey syrup in regular milk, it apparently isn't the same.

Plus, he has drank so much of this shit his whole life, his bones are made of steel. Yup...every bone is steel. Which is partly why I stick around. Is this true about ready-made chocolate milk? 3557613862
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:23

like me some Tru Moo chocolate milk... blood and all.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 10:24

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:Chocolate milk comes out of the cows' butts.

True.

Whatever that video is, I'm not watching it.

Not with my pants on, anyway...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 14:45

For Gomer and Pantry.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/3/9/1498630/-WV-lawmakers-suffer-stomach-illness-after-drinking-raw-milk-to-celebrate-legalizing-raw-milk
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 14:58

tGreenWay wrote:

I don't eat steak. I don't drink chocolate milk. I do, however, have twirly straws for my Tang.

I'm assuming that is a euphemism.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 15:52

tGreenWay wrote:

scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 15:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm assuming that is a euphemism.

Of course. I also trim my cuticles. I'm thoughtful that way.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 15:54

The_Dude wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

scratch

I take that back. I do enjoy a good burger with ground steak.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed 9 Mar 2016 - 16:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:For Gomer and Pantry.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/3/9/1498630/-WV-lawmakers-suffer-stomach-illness-after-drinking-raw-milk-to-celebrate-legalizing-raw-milk

This story is quite amusing, in a Darwinian sort of way. The only sad part is these clowns make their kids drink it.
Loved this comment, sums up a relative of mine.
Hey, germ theory is just a theory, right? Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 20:08

San Francisco Can’t Stop Illegal Aliens, But By God They Can Keep Chocolate Milk Out Of Schools

In the battle to provide nutritional choices for schoolchildren, isn’t chocolate milk better than no milk at all?

According to San Francisco legislators and school officials, the answer. apparently. is no.

Students from elementary through high school grades will no longer be able to enjoy this cafeteria staple in the coming school year, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Elementary and middle schools will have the devil’s brew known as chocolate milk eliminated when school begins in the fall, with the high schools being rid of this scourge some time in the spring. I suppose there were worried that the high school kids are more likely to be armed when the inevitable revolt starts.

I thought I remembered a similar story out of California before, and BPR dredged up the same thing. An identical program was tried in Los Angeles schools over a period of six years before it was finally abandoned. Here’s what they discovered:

Schools serving only white milk wound up with far less milk consumed and more thrown in the trash

Schools serving chocolate milk saw milk consumption increase by 12.5 million cartons per year across the district

Cornell University found that banning chocolate milk resulted in less milk consumed, more waste and fewer kids buying school lunch

Chocolate milk provided the same nutritional value as white milk and had no adverse effects on the childrens’ weight

San Francisco continues their proud tradition of employing the nanny state to save people from themselves. God forbid anyone actually ate or drank anything they enjoyed. Pretty soon the school menu will consist of pretty much nothing but kale, brown rice and room temperature water.

At that point, the kids will probably just stop showing up entirely, and given the education they’re likely to get from the local school system, they’ll probably be better off learning at home anyway.

Well done, California. You continue to be a role model for the rest of the nation to emulate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 20:42

Well, chocolate milk can't run, blend in, change names, do menial labor for cash, throw 60 lb bags of weed over a wall then run. It can only sit there and be moved by other people. It's easier to keep track of that shit. But in some cases it certainly can shoot out of people's noses and that's had to control.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 21:46

I love chocolate milk. I'm like a chocolate vampire.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:32

I drink Malk.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 22:34

Bosco!

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next