Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Saban finally go back to the pros? What more can he possibly achieve at Alabama?

+7
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dendrobates
NigelUno
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Watch Out Pylon!
11 posters

Go down

Will Saban finally go back to the pros? What more can he possibly achieve at Alabama?  Empty Re: Will Saban finally go back to the pros? What more can he possibly achieve at Alabama?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-12, 08:41

Nah. Dude's act doesn't work in the pros. He's getting up there in age too. He's done running around.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will Saban finally go back to the pros? What more can he possibly achieve at Alabama?  Empty Re: Will Saban finally go back to the pros? What more can he possibly achieve at Alabama?

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-12, 08:45

Saban tried the NFL and it didn't work out.

People always brandish him as a guy who takes and leaves jobs constantly, but I actually get the impression that he is fairly loyal as long as he feels like he's getting respected financially and the necessary support he needs. He will always have that at Alabama so I think he retires there.

It's too bad we didn't have that at MSU when he was here.

Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-12, 08:47

I think he'd go to the NFL for the right job. Miami sucks, but if Dallas or another big franchise came along knocking on the door I think he'd bolt.

I disagree with your thread, he still has one goal left to prove and that is to the win the most Natty's. farao
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-12, 08:53

Every year is a new year with new challenges.  He can achieve another championship.

Bear Bryant had 6. Saban will match it with 1 more.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-01-12, 09:38

I'd like him to retire, because I admit, I'm jelly of all the accomplishments he's done for Alabama.

He needs to stop rubbing it in. We get it, youre the greatest college football couch. Now sit on your ass and let the other teams win.

....I will sit in my corner here and piss and moan like a little kid screaming "it's not fair!"
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-12, 09:44

Saban actually did fine in the nfl. I'm sure he'd be successful given the right situation. If only he had gotten Brees instead of Culpepper. Can't remember exactly what happened there. I think the dolphins medical staff failed Brees' shoulder in their physical.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-12, 09:44

I really hope so, like Dendro said, I am over seeing Bama win all the fuckin' time.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-12, 14:12

I think he's aged out of moving anywhere. I also think he'll want to win two more national championships (!) to take over the Bear's spot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-12, 14:21

What if he asks to come back for 1-2 seasons after Dantonio retires to try to win a natty at MSU so he can say he won one at all three of the schools he coached at?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-12, 14:44

At $7M per season there are only 3 NFL HC's getting paid more and 2 that are getting $7M like Saban in Tuscaloosa. He's not leaving for money. Then add Saban's thin skin and dislike for the press. He's above reproach in Alabama.
The biggest goal might be tie or pass Bear Bryant's 6 National Chmapionships. Saban already has a statue.

Dantonio is 59, Saban is 64. MSU isn't going to hire a coach on the north side of 65 or pay Saban the same money he's getting in $EC country.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-12, 14:47

I wish he would leave, too. I'm tired of participation trophies. It's starting to impact my self-esteem that mommy and daddie worked so hard to establish.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 16:19

steveschneider wrote:What if he asks to come back for 1-2 seasons after Dantonio retires to try to win a natty at MSU so he can say he won one at all three of the schools he coached at?

I just don't think you can recruit up here like you can down there. He's a great coach, but face it, it's a combo of great coach/great players. Up here it was great coach /good to average players his first time around, now it would great coach/very good players.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-12, 16:48

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What if he asks to come back for 1-2 seasons after Dantonio retires to try to win a natty at MSU so he can say he won one at all three of the schools he coached at?

I just don't think you can recruit up here like you can down there. He's a great coach, but face it, it's a combo of great coach/great players. Up here it was great coach /good to average players his first time around, now it would great coach/very good players.

I go back and forth on this now (thank you Dantonio) but was his 99 team the best team of my lifetime? 41 years old.

Not sure, but man that team was just loaded. I'm of the opinion he would have improved the talent on that team in the coming years as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 17:04

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

I go back and forth on this now (thank you Dantonio) but was his 99 team the best team of my lifetime? 41 years old.

Not sure, but man that team was just loaded. I'm of the opinion he would have improved the talent on that team in the coming years as well.

Hmmm yeah it was damn close if not the best. But wasn't very deep. That defense was scary good capably of putting a hurt on anyone. If they had played TJ as an LB, wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down