Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign

+3
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
7 posters

Go down

Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  Empty Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 20:14

According to Cruz, his first Senate campaign was self-financed. They way Cruz tells it, he was so passionate about ending federal tyranny that his family poured everything they had into the campaign. According to Cruz, if he would have lost, his family would have lost everything. He claims it was an all or nothing campaign. Well, it turns out that is not entirely true. Cruz accepted $1 million in loans largely from his wife's then employer Goldman Sachs. The FEC requires candidates disclose all sources of campaign funding. Cruz never disclosed the loans.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/us/politics/ted-cruz-wall-street-loan-senate-bid-2012.html?referer=https:/www.google.com/&referer=
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  Empty Re: Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign

Post by Guest 2016-01-13, 20:18

lol.  Like this is a big deal.   Hills just had to amend old campaign reports for 10's of millions.   And it's a bit of a distortion, he borrowed against personal stocks then loaned it to his campaign.  Then liquidated the stocks and paid off the loans.   So essentially got the $$ up front so he could do an orderly sell off.   But of course it's politics so everyone will freak out for 24 hours then move on to the next fauxscandal of the day.   The loans were reported in his Senate disclosures so it's not like he was trying to hide them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  Empty Re: Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 20:23

I stopped reading after you mentioned Hillary. I write up a summary of the story and you immediately jump in with something about Hillary. I never mentioned Hillary. She is not relevant to my post, but you need to her to deflect. She is so in your head.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-13, 20:25

Turtleneck wrote:I stopped reading after you mentioned Hillary. I write up a summary of the story and you immediately jump in with something about Hillary. I never mentioned Hillary. She is not relevant to my post, but you need to her to deflect. She is so in your head.

Good for you.

I mentioned her to show this is a 24 hour nothingburger but you go ahead and get your political panties in a bunch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-13, 20:27

Turtleneck wrote:According to Cruz, his first Senate campaign was self-financed. They way Cruz tells it, he was so passionate about ending federal tyranny that his family poured everything they had into the campaign. According to Cruz, if he would have lost, his family would have lost everything. He claims it was an all or nothing campaign. Well, it turns out that is not entirely true. Cruz accepted $1 million in loans largely from his wife's then employer Goldman Sachs. The FEC requires candidates disclose all sources of campaign funding. Cruz never disclosed the loans.

And your summary is a distortion of reality. But carry on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 20:31

I'm not one ranting about Hillary. Since I have no intention of voting for a R or a D, I'm not getting anything in a bunch. I just get a kick out of Cruz being such a huge fake.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-13, 20:34

Thought you were saving this for tomorrow.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-13, 20:34

lol, except this doesn't show that. He DID sell nearly all of their stocks/retirement funds etc to pay off the loans. My point was that nearly any political campaign of any size fucks up their reports. Unless it's something really criminal it's a short lived non story. That's why I brought Hills up, I guarantee you that if you watch for it over the next 2 years you'll see stories like this about every one of the current campaigns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-13, 20:41

This is the Canadian guy, eh?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-13, 20:41

NigelUno wrote:This is the Canadian guy, eh?

No,. the Nigerian.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 20:45

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:This is the Canadian guy, eh?

No,. the Nigerian.

Nigeria. Canada. Outside of weather, pretty much the same place.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-13, 20:47

Is Canada a good place to live? They don't spend a ton on military. Do they use it for hockey and ski resorts?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-13, 20:58

I went to Windsor once.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-01-13, 20:58

NigelUno wrote:Is Canada a good place to live? They don't spend a ton on military. Do they use it for hockey and ski resorts?

Donut shops
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 21:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I went to Windsor once.

Surprised you lived to tell about it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-13, 21:02

Back in the 80s Canadian women were easy but boring, has that changed?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-13, 21:04

LooseGoose wrote:Back in the 80s Canadian women were easy but boring, has that changed?

Canadian women are like librarians.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-14, 07:24

at least he didn't kill 4 people in Benghazi with his email server..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-14, 15:19

Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  1550444538
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-14, 15:49

LooseGoose wrote:Back in the 80s Canadian women were easy but boring, has that changed?

I take it you've never visited Montreal?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-14, 22:56

Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  Politifact%2Fphotos%2FCruz_Iowa
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 07:59

Turtleneck wrote:Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  Politifact%2Fphotos%2FCruz_Iowa
Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  1966794946 Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  1966794946 Ted Cruz failed to report $1 million in loans used for his first Senate campaign  1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down