Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks!

+23
WCS
SawGreen
Floyd Robertson
ROtown Sparty
dubie7006
InTenSity
WBill
MSU addict
tGreenWay
SeeRockCity
DroppedByADime
tanfan!
tig ol bitties
Snake Plissken
sprtnbrn
DITKA
NigelUno
Nommad2
Gomer
Turtleneck
AMwood
Rocinante
Sponge Worthy
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! Empty Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks!

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-12, 13:11

All 175ish of you..seriously, what the ****?

Vote me down, I don't even want to be part of this cesspool you call the genetalousia. What does that even mean, anyway?

I hate this place and think the "old board" is waay better. Bunch of non participating, self righteous, egotistical self loathing dragon breathed Dicks with ears..

I was on this old Board years ago before most of you were born. An old guy came on and coined the phrase "FMJ". Foul Mouthed Jerks! I think that's perfect..

Now get to the polls and vote. We need your NAY votes. Vote often.

This may backfire  bom 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! Empty Re: Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks!

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-12, 13:14

It worked on me... I hadn't voted yet.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! Empty Re: Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks!

Post by AMwood 2014-05-12, 13:18

i voted yes the day it opened.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-12, 13:20

AMwood wrote:i voted yes the day it opened.

This comment in association with your avatar =  Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! 3434560931 
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-05-12, 13:24

Rocinante wrote:

This comment in association with your avatar =  Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! 3434560931 

I voted yes.

Maybe it is time for election monitoring. Does anybody have the UN's phone number?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-05-12, 13:25

I think you forgot to switch user names, Spartan Dawgs 365.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-05-12, 13:41

Request granted. Strange request, though.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-12, 13:43

Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! 4113017228 A vote's a vote at this point. It's a numbers game, and judging from the 36 members online, I'd say any chance of 88 votes coming from Gerousia is, well..slim.

So I'm goin' down with the ship..thanks!

Nommad2 wrote:Request granted. Strange request, though.
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-12, 13:54

Sponge Worthy wrote:All 175ish of you..seriously, what the ****?

Vote me down, I don't even want to be part of this cesspool you call the genetalousia. What does that even mean, anyway?

I hate this place and think the "old board" is waay better. Bunch of non participating, self righteous, egotistical self loathing dragon breathed Dicks with ears..

I was on this old Board years ago before most of you were born. An old guy came on and coined the phrase "FMJ". Foul Mouthed Jerks! I think that's perfect..

Now get to the polls and vote. We need your NAY votes. Vote often.

This may backfire  bom 

Strategery.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DITKA 2014-05-12, 13:55

Sponge Worthy wrote:Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! 4113017228 A vote's a vote at this point. It's a numbers game, and judging from the 36 members online, I'd say any chance of 88 votes coming from Gerousia is, well..slim.

So I'm goin' down with the ship..thanks!

Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! 900x900px-LL-faaf0394_you-mad-bro
DITKA
DITKA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sprtnbrn 2014-05-12, 13:56

Don't look at me. I voted yes.
sprtnbrn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-12, 13:59

You still need 17 more total votes
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-05-12, 14:01

too many gerousia.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-05-12, 14:03

tig ol bitties wrote:too many gerousia.
Should have capped it at the first 100 or the first 2 weeks (or something)
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-12, 14:20

Too many that don't vote.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-12, 14:39

Snake Plissken wrote:
Should have capped it at the first 100 or the first 2 weeks (or something)

You could raise a motion to perma ban someone. That might lessen the numbers a bit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-05-12, 14:41

NigelUno wrote:

You could raise a motion to perma ban someone.  That might lessen the numbers a bit.  
Wouldn't get enough votes.....
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-12, 14:43

NigelUno wrote:

You could raise a motion to perma ban someone.  That might lessen the numbers a bit.  

Excellent. Point. Snake would love to permaban posters here.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-12, 14:44

tig ol bitties wrote:
Wouldn't get enough votes.....

Looks like you helped chase rp back to tcock. Well done.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-12, 14:49

Tanfan! wrote:

Looks like you helped chase rp back to tcock. Well done.

Hey Gerousia! All of you-Suck a bag of Dicks! 3003718628 
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-05-12, 14:51

Why isn't sponge grandfathered ?

I voted, but wtf ?
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-12, 14:54

Addressing comments in no particular order:

1.)Sponge, good strategy.
2.)Voter Apathy - You could make a case that if the issue doesn't carry enough interest to get people to the Agora, then it shouldn't pass anyway.  On the other hand, removing the minimum vote requirement and having the forum run by the small group of Gerousia who give a shit might be more appropriate?
3.)Too Many Gerousia - Why?  There were a lot of people on the board. If we capped it, Ass Dan gets in but Raul F. Duke (aka Black Dutch) does not?  In a couple years, if the board survives, the Gerousia will be the minority.  Right now, the only people on the board are the old posters give or take.

Last edited by SeeRockCity on 2014-05-12, 14:58; edited 1 time in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-12, 14:55

This bag of which you speak, what color are the dicks? Like a well-endowed choad, my vote is hanging in the balance. I await your answer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-12, 14:55

DroppedByADime wrote:Why isn't sponge grandfathered ?  

I voted, but wtf ?    

A.)His post count and time on board don't meet the minimum.
B.)Nobody vouched for him being a regular poster on the old board.

Either one of these would have gotten him in as legacy.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2014-05-12, 14:56

NigelUno wrote:

To encourage voting you should make all members of the gerousia attend a camp out (named the Agoge) before they can vote.  

Then get some really cool shirts that say "gerousia" and make everyone where them to all home games.

Then track who is and isn't voting and then give those who vote priority - or some additional "points" or "reputation."
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-12, 14:57

MSU addict wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

To encourage voting you should make all members of the gerousia attend a camp out (named the Agoge) before they can vote.  

Then get some really cool shirts that say "gerousia" and make everyone where them to all home games.

Then track who is and isn't voting and then give those who vote priority - or some additional "points" or "reputation."

We have no way of tracking who voted on this board, otherwise, making the inactivity clause apply to voting is the perfect solution.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-05-12, 15:01

FWIW that was Marie Antoinette's actual statement...."Let them eat dicks"
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-12, 15:05

I posted in the agora, but I'll repost here. At the risk of sounding too serious. There should be a purging of Gerosia. It can start with those who got the title and have zero posts since signing up, or less than 5 posts, if they haven't posted since the first week. A thread could be started in the Agora, in which active members just need to post once to show they are still active, give it 5 or 7 days to be open. Those with a low post count and no reply in the thread should be removed.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-12, 15:06

InTenSity wrote:I posted in the agora, but I'll repost here. At the risk of sounding too serious. There should be a purging of Gerosia. It can start with those who got the title and have zero posts since signing up, or less than 5 posts, if they haven't posted since the first week. A thread could be started in the Agora, in which active members just need to post once to show they are still active, give it 5 or 7 days to be open. Those with a low post count and no reply in the thread should be removed.

This is a pretty solid idea.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-12, 15:07

SeeRockCity wrote:

Isn't the board a little young for a purging?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-12, 15:09

InTenSity wrote:I posted in the agora, but I'll repost here. At the risk of sounding too serious. There should be a purging of Gerosia. It can start with those who got the title and have zero posts since signing up, or less than 5 posts, if they haven't posted since the first week. A thread could be started in the Agora, in which active members just need to post once to show they are still active, give it 5 or 7 days to be open. Those with a low post count and no reply in the thread should be removed.

I like it. Need to raise the post count a little bit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-12, 15:09

Rocinante wrote:

Especially since we haven't broken bread together yet.
"Eat up, for tomorrow we puke."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2014-05-12, 15:09

Rocinante wrote:

How else do you expect it to stay thin?
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-05-12, 15:10

I happen to agree with this, but I think it will level off soon. edit: posted before I saw the purging discussion. I am in favor.

OP, I voted yay

Last edited by dubie7006 on 2014-05-12, 15:11; edited 1 time in total
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-12, 15:11

Rocinante wrote:

They can still participate . They just won't have voting privileges (which they weren't using any way).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-12, 15:15

Rocinante wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

But simply culling the Gerontes with zero post count would be a start. Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure that there are any.

I guess I'm a little overly sensitive to the number of Gerousia. I didn't know there were so dammed many of us. I think there might be a handful that you could make a legitimate argument against deserving to be in. Those are on me 100%, and I really don't think its fair to arbitrarily punish them for my mistake. But that's really only a hand full

I kind of do see the argument that , hey, if you're not actually over here, then you probably shouldn't be part of the voting body. In any case, a conservative approach is probably best here.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-12, 15:16

Can I change my vote?
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-12, 15:18

SeeRockCity wrote:

But simply culling the Gerontes with zero post count would be a start.  Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure that there are any.

I guess I'm a little overly sensitive to the number of Gerousia.  I didn't know there were so dammed many of us.  I think there might be a handful that you could make a legitimate argument against deserving to be in.  Those are on me 100%, and I really don't think its fair to arbitrarily punish them for my mistake.  But that's really only a hand full

I kind of do see the argument that , hey, if you're not actually over here, then you probably shouldn't be part of the voting body.  In any case, a conservative approach is probably best here.

24 have 5 posts or less.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-05-12, 15:18

I just checked and I must have voted last week.  I just can't remember whether I voted up or down.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2014-05-12, 15:18; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-12, 15:18

ROtown Sparty wrote:Can I change my vote?

Sponge is only trying to get people to vote. A negative vote is a win for him at this point since the positive vote is pretty lopsided. Good strategy IMO.

Sponge is a good poster, he should be in IMHO, I voted yes.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next