Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS

+22
WhiteBoyHatcher
Vlad
Floyd Robertson
WhiteGreenShow
InTenSity
Turtleneck
StylesGShmooth
duffy munn
tGreenWay
xsanguine
Death Roe
The_Dude
steveschneider
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
tig ol bitties
DWags
NigelUno
SpartanInNH
kingstonlake
CheesySpartan
26 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 7 Empty Re: MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS

Post by Giant Moose 17/01/16, 08:03 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Does anyone know what this old bitter guy is talking about?

Right! Fuck that guy who worked his way through MSU 20 yrs ago...
I don't think it was possible for OTPT to work his way through MSU. Tuition was insanely more expensive for him as was the job market coming out of college than it was for you 20 years ago.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 7 Empty Re: MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS

Post by Herbie Green 17/01/16, 08:04 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

It's cool man. You don't understand basketball I do. I will be rooting for them to turn it around. I am afraid that what you see is what you get. Izzo actually put his best lineup out there tonight and DV had a great game and that still wasn't enough.

I see us as an 8 seed, I see us getting humiliated at Michigan, I see us not making Saturday in the big ten tournament, and I see us not getting to the first weekend in the NCAA. It's one and done.

Now, I want everyone to know that I will be our biggest cheerleader and I will be hoping I'm wrong. I will also be the happiest man to wear Green if we turn it around. I think it's very possible that Tom Izzo gets it done and we make the final four and beat Michigan handily. I won't be surprised at all if we do that one bit. As a matter of fact I expect it to happen. But I don't see that happening right now.

This is exactly where I am at.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 17/01/16, 08:04 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Gomer wrote:
Their also.  You daft?

Oh, dopey me. I should of known better.  
No worry's.  Glad I could help.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:05 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Does anyone know what this old bitter guy is talking about?

And then got a job related to degree 1 month after
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:11 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

It's cool man. You don't understand basketball I do. I will be rooting for them to turn it around. I am afraid that what you see is what you get. Izzo actually put his best lineup out there tonight and DV had a great game and that still wasn't enough.

I see us as an 8 seed, I see us getting humiliated at Michigan, I see us not making Saturday in the big ten tournament, and I see us not getting to the first weekend in the NCAA. It's one and done.

Now, I want everyone to know that I will be our biggest cheerleader and I will be hoping I'm wrong. I will also be the happiest man to wear Green if we turn it around. I think it's very possible that Tom Izzo gets it done and we make the final four and beat Michigan handily. I won't be surprised at all if we do that one bit. As a matter of fact I expect it to happen. But I don't see that happening right now.

really DWags???...overrate much??? LOL

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/16, 08:13 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm really the only one who understands basketball here. I guarantee you my prediction will be very close.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 17/01/16, 08:14 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 7 502811600

You don't understand shit.

Did you ever score a point in a game post 5th grade smilie boy?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/16, 08:15 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

really DWags???...overrate much??? LOL

Came up with it after hours of thought.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:15 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I'm really the only one who understands basketball here. I guarantee you my prediction will be very close.

And when you are wrong...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/16, 08:17 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I once had 22 points in the first half of a high school game against scottville. We lost by 15.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/01/16, 08:17 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Sweet 16. You say no? Let's bet on it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/16, 08:18 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don't think you really read my whole prediction. I'm going to be right or very close.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:18 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I don't think it was possible for OTPT to work his way through MSU. Tuition was insanely more expensive for him as was the job market coming out of college than it was for you 20 years ago.

FYI I was out of state...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:19 pm

DWags wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I don't think you really read my whole prediction. I'm going to be right or very close.

I read it and I know (just like you do) that you are wrong
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/01/16, 08:20 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

You know he's kidding, right?

Please tell me...you know he's kidding.

Please.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 17/01/16, 08:20 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You're wrong. We have to be "concerned" or we don't understand basketball.
Are you concerned? I'm not. This team has Final Four written all over it. It will be a great success when we make it there and lose by double digits.

Try to look at the bright side Moose. Maybe this team does NOT make the Final Four. Hell, maybe we tank and miss the tourney all together.

Think of all the angst this may save you. Sparring you the embarrassment of getting waxed in the FF. Then maybe Izzo will retire and we won't reach another FF for 30 years.

Cheer up !!!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/01/16, 08:21 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Are you concerned? I'm not. This team has Final Four written all over it. It will be a great success when we make it there and lose by double digits.

Try to look at the bright side Moose. Maybe this team does NOT make the Final Four. Hell, maybe we tank and miss the tourney all together.

Think of all the angst this may save you. Sparring you the embarrassment of getting waxed in the FF. Then maybe Izzo will retire and we won't reach another FF for 30 years.

Cheer up !!!

Hey. I'm going to be eating some dinner in a bit. Can you handle this for awhile?

These guys are cracking me up.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 17/01/16, 08:21 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Sweet 16. You say no? Let's bet on it.

Lets play one on one. I got a new camcorder, OTPT can film it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:22 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

You know he's kidding, right?

Please tell me...you know he's kidding.

Please.

FUCK! well this option ruined my drunken rebuttal
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 17/01/16, 08:24 pm

Someone tell this guy I don't give a fuck about what he did 20 years ago. MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 7 502811600

I'll live my life how I like, thanks.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 17/01/16, 08:24 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Cheer up !!!
I doubt it will be 30 years. In modern history, our basketball coaches traditionally win titles within their first 5 years at MSU, and then don't win it again for the next 15.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 17/01/16, 08:26 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Sweet 16.  You say no?  Let's bet on it.  

Lets play one on one.  I got a new camcorder, OTPT can film it.

Bad idea.  Filming it would leave a black mark on you forever.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/16, 08:27 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Cheer up !!!
I doubt it will be 30 years. In modern history, our basketball coaches traditionally win titles within their first 5 years at MSU, and then don't win it again for the next 15.

Should we fire Tom Izzo ?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 17/01/16, 08:28 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Cheer up !!!

Define modern history. Because to me modern history goes back at least as long as I have been alive. So 52 years.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:29 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Someone tell this guy I don't give a fuck about what he did 20 years ago. MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 7 502811600

So in your life you don't need a job? Nice! Congrats bro!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 17/01/16, 08:29 pm

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Nah, just let him coach every year until he gets to the FF. Then fire him for FF weekend. Rehire him right after.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 17/01/16, 08:31 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Lets play one on one.  I got a new camcorder, OTPT can film it.

Bad idea.  Filming it would leave a black mark on you forever.

Lets go smilie boy.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 17/01/16, 08:31 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Define modern history. Because to me modern history goes back at least as long as I have been alive. So 52 years.
Personally, I consider 1978 to be the start of modern hoops history because that's when the NCAA tourney started seeding.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 17/01/16, 08:32 pm

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nah, just let him coach every year until he gets to the FF. Then fire him for FF weekend. Rehire him right after.
That would be interesting. Let's bring back Jud to coach the Final Fours since he was perfect in them. Izzo can have the rest of the year.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:32 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Someone tell this guy I don't give a fuck about what he did 20 years ago. MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 7 502811600

BTW we are all Spartans...I'm just trying to motivate you bro
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 17/01/16, 08:34 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:

A 8-5 job that makes me feel the need to validate myself through it on an internet message board? Nah, not yet. MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 7 502811600

You OK man? You seem awfully concerned about me. Maybe you're the one who should be looking for a new job.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/16, 08:39 pm

I need to clarify my prediction I think. Some people don't get the intricacies of it. This is not a hap hazard prediction, but one born fro 35 years of watching MSU basketball up close.

This team is not a final four team. Sorry. It's not going to make Saturday in the BTT. It will get beat by double digits in Ann Arbor Just doesn't have the character. We'll slide in as an 8 or 9 seed and lose on Thursday or Friday first weekend. Now I believe Tom Izzo will turn this squad around as he's done before. If they listen I think this team will rise up and make the finals at minimum in the BTT. I think we beat Michigan by double digits I think we'll be a 3 or 4 seed and push our way to the final four where we'll have a great shot at a NC. Finally, if they only listen a little, this team will be like a 6 seed and probably get to the sweet 16. The game in Ann Arbor will be close either way.

Really I don't see how we could get rid of Tom Izzo as our coach. He's a legend innovator and cutting edge. He is a master in March. He would be impossible to replace. But I think it's time to get rid of him. Unless it isn't because he's damn good
That's how I see it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 17/01/16, 08:41 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Personally, I consider 1978 to be the start of modern hoops history because that's when the NCAA tourney started seeding.

Fair. Good thing Magic and Co. lost in the Elite 8 to the eventual National Champs. Really avoided humiliation that year. 21 years after our last FF debacle.

Thankfully, we won it all in 79. Then made it back to the FF two decades later. Again embarrassing the University in the FF.

Then we won it all in 2000. Since then, 5 more disgraceful appearances in the FF.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:48 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

A 8-5 job that makes me feel the need to validate myself through it on an internet message board? Nah, not yet. MSU Hoops -6 at Wisconsin - 1:30 on CBS - Page 7 502811600

You OK man? You seem awfully concerned about me. Maybe you're the one who should be looking for a new job.

Why did you go to college if you didn't need a job?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:49 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I'm cool bro...BTW...love the disrespect you are showing a fellow Spartan
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 17/01/16, 08:50 pm

DWags wrote:I need to clarify my prediction I think. Some people don't get the intricacies of it. This is not a hap hazard prediction, but one born fro 35 years of watching MSU basketball up close.

This team is not a final four team. Sorry. It's not going to make Saturday in the BTT. It will get beat by double digits in Ann Arbor Just doesn't have the character. We'll slide in as an 8 or 9 seed and lose on Thursday or Friday first weekend. Now I believe Tom Izzo will turn this squad around as he's done before. If they listen I think this team will rise up and make the finals at minimum in the BTT. I think we beat Michigan by double digits I think we'll be a 3 or 4 seed and push our way to the final four where we'll have a great shot at a NC. Finally, if they only listen a little, this team will be like a 6 seed and probably get to the sweet 16. The game in Ann Arbor will be close either way.

Really I don't see how we could get rid of Tom Izzo as our coach. He's a legend innovator and cutting edge. He is a master in March. He would be impossible to replace. But I think it's time to get rid of him. Unless it isn't because he's damn good
That's how I see it.

"I want to drink your cum"

-NigelUno
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:50 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Who is 20 yrs your elder
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 17/01/16, 08:51 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Who is 20 yrs your elder

I'm here all night...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 17/01/16, 08:54 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Fair. Good thing Magic and Co. lost in the Elite 8 to the eventual National Champs. Really avoided humiliation that year. 21 years after our last FF debacle.

Thankfully, we won it all in 79. Then made it back to the FF two decades later. Again embarrassing the University in the FF.

Then we won it all in 2000. Since then, 5 more disgraceful appearances in the FF.
I think you are missing the point. Losing by 4 in 1957 or by 3 in 1978 weren't debacles. We competed, but lost hard-fought games. It happens, but we looked like we belonged on the same court. Losing by 20 in 2015 or by 17 in 2009 were debacles.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/16, 08:57 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:I need to clarify my prediction I think. Some people don't get the intricacies of it. This is not a hap hazard prediction, but one born fro 35 years of watching MSU basketball up close.

That's how I see it.

"I want to drink your cum"

-NigelUno

I see you don't disagree with anything I say. Again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next