Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm flying to New Jersey and surprising my dad for his 75th birthday celebration

+11
duffy munn
kingstonlake
DWags
Gomer
Cym Jim
WhiteBoyHatcher
SeeRockCity
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
NigelUno
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm flying to New Jersey and surprising my dad for his 75th birthday celebration  Empty Re: I'm flying to New Jersey and surprising my dad for his 75th birthday celebration

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-20, 22:53

And then what happened?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I'm flying to New Jersey and surprising my dad for his 75th birthday celebration  Empty Re: I'm flying to New Jersey and surprising my dad for his 75th birthday celebration

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-20, 22:53

Jersey....*shudders*
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-20, 22:56

I'm just breakin balls, gHost. Happy b-day to your dad and I hope you and the little one have a good time. Be safe, man.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-20, 23:01

Awesome, gHost.

My brother surprised us by coming home for Christmas this year. Got home from a friends one night and he was downstairs having a beer with his buddy while watching MSU TCU replay on BTN. I was shocked and hadn't seen him since the first Cotton Bowl. It was awesome to spend that much time with him unexpectedly. Enjoy being on the other end.

I'm flying to New Jersey and surprising my dad for his 75th birthday celebration  969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-20, 23:04

gHost Spartan wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Jersey....*shudders*
It's pretty awesome where I'm from in NJ.

Are you from the part that does not smell like spray tan, taffy, or sour cream & onion pretzels?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-01-20, 23:09

Nice. Enjoy while you can gHost. We all think we're ready for it, but we aren't.

Raise a glass for tSwill
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-20, 23:12

SeeRockCity wrote:Nice. Enjoy while you can gHost. We all think we're ready for it, but we aren't.

Raise a glass for tSwill

Ready for what?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-20, 23:14

I'm flying Nigel out there to meet you at the airport just to creep you out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-01-20, 23:15

NigelUno wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Nice. Enjoy while you can gHost. We all think we're ready for it, but we aren't.

Raise a glass for tSwill

Ready for what?

Not to be able to go to their birthday parties any more.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2016-01-20, 23:15

You should take your gun.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-20, 23:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm flying Nigel out there to meet you at the airport just to creep you out.

I think you have me confused with Vlad. That guy is super creepy.

Can't make it anyway. Going to the Maryland game. Sorry ghost! Have fun with your family.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-20, 23:27

Turtleneck wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: It's pretty awesome where I'm from in NJ.

Are you from the part that does not smell like spray tan, taffy, or sour cream & onion pretzels?

That's actually the best part.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-20, 23:27

SeeRockCity wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Ready for what?

I'm flying to New Jersey and surprising my dad for his 75th birthday celebration  4177874726
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-20, 23:28

xsanguine wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

I'm flying to New Jersey and surprising my dad for his 75th birthday celebration  4177874726

Buzzkill.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-20, 23:29

Srsly... shit is hitting a little to close to home for me right now. He's right, though.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-20, 23:32

Pretty sure he's talking about the daegos.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-21, 00:30

gHost Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It's funny because there's really only a handful of "bad" places in NJ. Newark and Camden are incredibly run down and poor, Camden might be one of the worst cities I've seen besides Flint. Yeah, there's some places down the Jersey Shore that attract the undesirables but for the most part it's really nice. My wife loves Jersey and wants to live there but I grew up there and prefer the West, but who knows how long we'll stay in Arizona.

Did you ever think about a career in the flavor industry?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-01-21, 00:35

gHost Spartan wrote:
Cym Jim wrote:You should take your gun.
Dude from my high school whom I've since defriended on FB always posts shit about guns and how unfair NJ is to people who want to own firearms. In fact, he posted a story about some emergency utilities worker from North Carolina or somewhere else in the South that was arrested for carrying a pistol in NJ, claimed he didn't know the law, blah blah blah… Up until that point I hadn't realized how fucking serious those motherfuckers are and that's one of the reasons why I asked about the federal firearm permit, didn't know if one existed and, if so, how to obtain one.
If you fly it in, technically you're not really in a state proper and then you just kinda materialize in their borders with it on your person.  There's not much they can do about it at that point.  So just throw your piece in your carry-on and you're good to go.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-21, 05:59

It's nice. Enjoy your fathers birthday. Call him often. Funny, this was the first fall without my dad. I'd be at an MSU game, something would happen and I'd grab my phone to call him at home to talk about it. Must have done that a dozen times. I'd stop just before I'd hit the "dad" button on my favorites. It's great to spend time with the folks when you're able
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-01-21, 06:03

That's awesome. My dad hit 75 this year. Enjoy every moment!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-21, 07:19

Pretty cool.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-21, 07:48

No consideration of your Dad's feelings at all - maybe he had an orgy planned and you're interfering?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-21, 09:00

I've been to NJ once. It sucked. They won't even let you pump your own gas.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-21, 09:07

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:It's nice. Enjoy your fathers birthday. Call him often. Funny, this was the first fall without my dad. I'd be at an MSU game, something would happen and I'd grab my phone to call him at home to talk about it. Must have done that a dozen times. I'd stop just before I'd hit the "dad" button on my favorites. It's great to spend time with the folks when you're able
FWags, I call my dad pretty much every day either on the drive to or from work. He's a great guy. It sucks because he refuses to fly anymore and I've invited him to come out to Arizona for months but he just won't do it, no clue why. And this is a guy that used to travel all over the place.

Yeah, sometimes my dad and I would watch a whole quarter of an MSU game over the phone together. Good memories.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-21, 09:09

I'm not sure what my Dad's birthday is.. pretty sure he doesn't know, either.

GO GREEN!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-21, 10:08

Cym Jim wrote:You should take your gun.

Does he have a federal permit?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-21, 10:41

I drove through Jersey once. The highway heading went alongside a huge open face of a mountain with water falling right off the top and drivers could see this water fall all the way to the bottom. What a distraction. Why can't they plug the top of that waterfall with cement or something?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 10:43

Chris Christie is fat and wants to blow Obama.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-21, 11:01

xsanguine wrote:Chris Christie is fat and wants to blow Obama.

It's remarkable how fat that guy really is. He makes John Engler look like the winner on The Biggest Loser.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 11:01

I'm flying to Michigan for my Momma's 80th.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 11:09

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Chris Christie is fat and wants to blow Obama.

It's remarkable how fat that guy really is. He makes John Engler look like the winner on The Biggest Loser.

They should grease those two up and put them in a sumo match for charity.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-21, 11:17

My mom is 79 today. I'll call her.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-21, 11:34

Rocinante wrote:I'm flying to Michigan for my Momma's 80th.

Are you originally from Michigan, Roc?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-21, 11:35

tGreenWay wrote:I drove through Jersey once. The highway heading went alongside a huge open face of a mountain with water falling right off the top and drivers could see this water fall all the way to the bottom. What a distraction. Why can't they plug the top of that waterfall with cement or something?

Good point. The rest of the state is cement. The union guys must have forget when they came back from their 3rd lunch break of the day.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 11:36

Turtleneck wrote:

Are you originally from Michigan, Roc?

Yessir. Born and raised in Lansing. My parents live over on the west coast now. Mom in Ludington, Dad in Northport.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-21, 11:39

Oh. I'm switching you from my Not Cool list to my Cool list. You were always kind of borderline because Wyoming is awesome, but this news warrants a switch.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 11:42

Turtleneck wrote:Oh. I'm switching you from my Not Cool list to my Cool list. You were always kind of borderline because Wyoming is awesome, but this news warrants a switch.

Why? Cause I got out?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-21, 11:44

No. Because you are from Michigan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-21, 12:38

her 80th what?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 13:08

Turtleneck wrote:No. Because you are from Michigan.

You hate Michigan.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next