Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

90's Alt Rock

+19
Cameron
Spartan Nachos
Spartan Punk
Chitown_Badger
Larry Kazamias
Two Star At Best
tTy
maizegoblue
Cosmo_Kramer
Munn Field
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
steveschneider
Phil McCrackin
Cool Runnings
InTenSity
SpartanStu
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

90's Alt Rock - Page 3 Empty Re: 90's Alt Rock

Post by SpartanGuard Mon May 19, 2014 8:52 am

I was pretty young in the 90s (born in '88) but the older I get, the more I get into 90s alt-rock. My favorite concert that I've ever been to was Last Summer on Earth in 2012: Cracker, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, Blues Traveler, and my favorite band, the Barenaked Ladies (flame away, but I love them and they put on a hell of a live show).

Definitely going to use this thread to get into some "new" stuff (new to me, at least).

Is anyone else going to the Under the Sun tour this summer? Uncle Kracker, Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, and Blues Traveler. Save for the last, none of them were particularly great, but should be some good, fun 90s/early 00s music.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by maizegoblue Mon May 19, 2014 9:50 am

SpartanGuard wrote:

Is anyone else going to the Under the Sun tour this summer? Uncle Kracker, Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, and Blues Traveler. Save for the last, none of them were particularly great, but should be some good, fun 90s/early 00s music.

Umm, are they coming to Michigan? I'm definitely interested in that!

Not the greatest as you mentioned, but they produced some great 90s summer songs.

Speaking of that remember when the good music would always come out just in time for the summer? Summer hits of the 90s is a great Pandora station.
maizegoblue
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by MShmenthU Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 am

MShmenthU
MShmenthU
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 am

Spartan Nachos wrote:

Garbage

I saw Garbage in 1996 as part of the Smashing Pumpkins Infinite Sadness tour. They were awesome then.
Recently, maybe 2012? I saw them play a live acoustic set at Schubas in Chicago. That was awesome too.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Munn Field Mon May 19, 2014 10:13 am

SpartanGuard wrote:I was pretty young in the 90s (born in '88) but the older I get, the more I get into 90s alt-rock. My favorite concert that I've ever been to was Last Summer on Earth in 2012: Cracker, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, Blues Traveler, and my favorite band, the Barenaked Ladies (flame away, but I love them and they put on a hell of a live show).

Definitely going to use this thread to get into some "new" stuff (new to me, at least).

Blues Travler puts on a great show. Saw them them a bunch if times in the 90's (I went to HOARD fest about 4 years in a row). BNL is also a really a fun band, especially live - though I have not seen them since the one lead singer (the big one - name escapes me right now). I am curious if they are still as good now.
Munn Field
Munn Field
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin Mon May 19, 2014 10:17 am

Munn Field wrote:

Blues Travler puts on a great show. Saw them them a bunch if times in the 90's (I went to HOARD fest about 4 years in a row). BNL is also a really a fun band, especially live - though I have not seen them since the one lead singer (the big one - name escapes me right now). I am curious if they are still as good now.

Blues Traveler still puts on a great show. I've seen them several times in the last 5-10 years and they are always solid.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Mon May 19, 2014 10:40 am

Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon May 19, 2014 10:50 am

gHost Spartan wrote:

The Cult's "Love" is a masterpiece. "Electric" was okay, but I preferred the sound on "Love" more than the metal-ish type sound of their later records.

80's old guys.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard Mon May 19, 2014 12:49 pm

maizegoblue wrote:Umm, are they coming to Michigan? I'm definitely interested in that!

Pine Knob/DTE/whatever on July 11. I was able to get decent pavillion seats for under $30 on StubHub.

Munn Field wrote:

Steve Page--he left in 2009. I was never able to see them live before he left, save for a DVD, but they're just as good without him IMO. The other lead singer, Ed Robertson, took over most of the lead vocals, but the other guys have also been stepping up in that department.
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3