Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin

+13
The_Dude
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin Empty Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-01, 21:33

Loose, X, Travis, GRR, OTPT...you're all being called out. Loose, Ronald Reagan is waiting for you in the thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin Empty Re: Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin

Post by The Pantry 2016-02-01, 21:54

Fuck your lib politics, turtlechoke
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin Empty Re: Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-01, 21:58

If you had given me a link.... I don't know how to get there though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-02-01, 22:39

Turtleneck wrote:Loose, X, Travis, GRR, OTPT...you're all being called out. Loose, Ronald Reagan is waiting for you in the thread.
Thanks for the link, Turtleneck.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-01, 22:42

Gomer wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Loose, X, Travis, GRR, OTPT...you're all being called out. Loose, Ronald Reagan is waiting for you in the thread.

Here I got you a link
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-01, 22:46

Can't make it, waiting here for blanch to post an update to his thrilling story about visiting a chain restaurant with a girl in Fargo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-02-01, 22:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Gomer wrote:

Here I got you a link
It's ok... I managed to find it.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-02-01, 22:47

Big night for Marco! Along with Trump losing, this was a great night.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-01, 23:18

The Pantry wrote:Fuck your lib politics, turtlechoke

Based on my posts, I do not know how you reached that conclusion. I've asked you to explain but I just heard crickets. Maybe the milk is eating away at your brain.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-01, 23:20

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Fuck your lib politics, turtlechoke

Based on my posts, I do not know how you reached that conclusion. I've asked you to explain but I just heard crickets. Maybe the milk is eating away at your brain.

He just tells anyone that doesn't immediately love guns that he hates them and they are a liberal. It's best to just ignore it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-01, 23:20

Gomer wrote:

It's tSwill forum where I have been posting nudes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-02, 00:33

#FeelTheBern
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-02, 00:38

Damn. I forgot to start the dishwasher.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-02, 05:45

Months of free publicity and the blowhard barely manages 2nd place.

Loser.com
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-02, 07:13

LooseGoose wrote:Months of free publicity and the blowhard barely manages 2nd place.

Loser.com

He has to be disappointed. This might take some of his momentum away. However, if somebody would have told me in June that Trump would get 24.3% of the vote in Iowa, I would have told them they have the decimal in the wrong spot.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-02-02, 07:25

Trump abrasiveness couldn't overcome Iowa "nice"
Ben Carson was real popular until people had to vote
Rand Paul is setting up to be a perpetual Presidential candidate
Clinton ties with a guy who doesn't call himself a Democrat.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-02, 08:54

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump abrasiveness couldn't overcome Iowa "nice"
Ben Carson was real popular until people had to vote
Rand Paul is setting up to be a perpetual Presidential candidate
Clinton ties with a guy who doesn't call himself a Democrat.

Ben Carson is so weird.

Ben Carson Is Going Home, But Just for a Change of Clothes, His Campaign Says
http://www.nytimes.com/live/iowa-caucus-2016-election/ben-carson-is-going-home-but-just-for-a-change-of-clothes-his-campaign-says/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-02, 09:20

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Months of free publicity and the blowhard barely manages 2nd place.

Loser.com

He has to be disappointed. This might take some of his momentum away. However, if somebody would have told me in June that Trump would get 24.3% of the vote in Iowa, I would have told them they have the decimal in the wrong spot.

And there was record turnout which was supposed to help him - in fact it seems much of the record turnout was to STOP him.

Amazing how much attention the media has paid to that blowhard in the R race while ignoring that a communist is going to stop Hill's coronation. Biden has to be kicking himself in the ass that he didn't get in. And had she jumped in Warren would be the winner right now and my prognostication skills would be being hailed from coast to coast.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-02, 09:39

Turtleneck wrote:

Loser.com

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end for Trump.. of course, he's never been in it to win it, anyway - it's almost self-promotion.. which is not surprising considering both Putin and Palin are big fans of his.

now we get to enjoy the religious extremism of Ted Cruz.. and we see what religious extremism is currently doing for the world.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-02, 09:43

Turtleneck wrote:

Loser.com

Turtleneck, it is impossible for anyone to get 243% of the vote
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-02, 09:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Learn how to read. Lololollolll
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-02, 09:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You sound like a Trump supporter.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-02, 09:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

No, you do. Most trump supporters don't know how to read. Lololollolll
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-02, 09:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I bet your gun collection is worth more than your trailer.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-02, 09:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I bet your gun collection is worth more than your trailer.

I bet you had a really good day yesterday standing on a street corner saying "change? Change? change? Change?"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-02, 09:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end for Trump.. of course, he's never been in it to win it, anyway - it's almost self-promotion.. which is not surprising considering both Putin and Palin are big fans of his.

now we get to enjoy the religious extremism of Ted Cruz.. and we see what religious extremism is currently doing for the world.

I'd rather have Trump than Cruz.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-02, 10:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:now we get to enjoy the religious extremism of Ted Cruz.. and we see what religious extremism is currently doing for the world.

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin 1966794946 Comparing Cruz's "religious extremism" to world events is beyond asinine. He playing religious to get votes not purify the world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-02, 10:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:now we get to enjoy the religious extremism of Ted Cruz.. and we see what religious extremism is currently doing for the world.

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin 1966794946 Comparing Cruz's "religious extremism" to world events is beyond asinine. He playing religious to get votes not purify the world.

When he's talking about god I don't believe a word he says. He's just telling the evangelicals what they want to hear.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-02, 10:26

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

When he's talking about god I don't believe a word he says. He's just telling the evangelicals what they want to hear.
all religious folks are hypocritical - it's fundamental to being religious - so, yes, your statement is accurate.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-02, 10:36

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's insane that they continually force themselves to act like complete lunatics in the primaries because if they don't they won't win, then have to spend time trying to back track on things they said to won the nomination.

Honestly, in my opinion, the best thing that could possibly happen to the Republican party and really the country as a whole, is for the Republicans to do something stupid like nominate a Cruz or a trump then get their shit absolutely pushed in by a Democrat like Hillary who is Unelectable in her own right. Believe it or not, I want a strong Republican party (there's lots of stuff you guys don't know about me, I know crazy right?) but to do that I think they need to be forcibly shown that their acting like whack jobs 90% of the time thing is a bad idea.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-02, 10:41

even Ted Cruz's own daughter doesn't like him..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-02-02, 10:41

It will be interesting to see how Palin spins her endorsement of Trump after previously endorsing Cruz when Trump squeezes every piece of publicity he can out of his candidate phase and bails.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-02, 10:46

GRR Spartan wrote:It will be interesting to see how Palin spins her endorsement of Trump after previously endorsing Cruz when Trump squeezes every piece of publicity he can out of his candidate phase and bails.
I kind of wondered the same thing..

I also wondered how she'll blame Obama for her endorsement of the candidate who didn't win.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-02, 11:11

Carson saying that Cruz's people called his supporters saying that he dropped out of the race and to caucus for Cruz.  

Iowa hasn't gotten the GOP candidate right since 1980.  Trump didn't have to win just a solid showing which he had.  Trump is a massive favorite in NH and SC.  cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-02, 11:18

The_Dude wrote:Trump didn't have to win just a solid showing which he had.  Trump is a massive favorite in NH and SC.  cheers

Call me, I've got some Florida real estate you'll surely want to buy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-02, 11:19

The_Dude wrote:Carson saying that Cruz's people called his supporters saying that he dropped out of the race and to caucus for Cruz.  

Iowa hasn't gotten the GOP candidate right since 1980.  Trump didn't have to win just a solid showing which he had.  Trump is a massive favorite in NH and SC.  cheers
it's going to be fun watching a religious extremist battle it out with a racist/bigoted misogynist. I suspect the religious zealots will have quite the decision to make.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-02, 11:20

LooseGoose wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Trump didn't have to win just a solid showing which he had.  Trump is a massive favorite in NH and SC.  cheers

Call me, I've got some Florida real estate you'll surely want to buy.

You realize Santorum and huckabee won the last two Iowa caucuses? lol!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-02, 11:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Carson saying that Cruz's people called his supporters saying that he dropped out of the race and to caucus for Cruz.  

it's going to be fun watching a religious extremist battle it out with a racist/bigoted misogynist. I suspect the religious zealots will have quite the decision to make.

I guess just as fun watching the commies battling it out with the racists on the Dems side.

Should be fun either way. Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin 969504605
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-02, 11:24

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

And there was record turnout which was supposed to help him - in fact it seems much of the record turnout was to STOP him.

Amazing how much attention the media has paid to that blowhard in the R race while ignoring that a communist is going to stop Hill's coronation.   Biden has to be kicking himself in the ass that he didn't get in.   And had she jumped in Warren would be the winner right now and my prognostication skills would be being hailed from coast to coast.

When I saw the reports about the huge number of new caucus goers, I assumed that would be to Trump's advantage. Not so. I found that to be very interesting, and might speak to the idea that Trump's celebrity status has inflated his support in the polls.

The problem with Trump is not his message. His brand of populism apparently has broad appeal. As your Real Clear Politics article correctly pointed out, there are some parallels to Buchanan's populism in the early 1990s. The problem with Trump is Trump. He cannot get out of his own way. In the end, what we thought he had grown impervious to - himself - will likely be his undoing. However, there is growing appeal for his message. You take Trump's politics and package it with a more likable character, and you might have something. The again, this is not over. Maybe Trump wins New Hampshire, Rubio wins South Carolina, and Trump wins Nevada.

I do not blame the media. They have been covering the guy who has led the polls from the start contrary to all conventional wisdom.

As for Cruz, I do not believe he is pretending to be religious to get votes. I believe he is very much so guided by his religious principles. I do not have a problem with that, and it is good when people find a moral compass. However, it is unreasonable to impose that compass on the rest of society, and I do not trust him to do otherwise. To my knowledge, his conservative hero, Ronald Reagan, did not wear his religion on his sleeve to the extent that Cruz does. Maybe I am wrong since I was too young to really have a sense of politics during the Reagan era, but a reading of history does not suggest he interjected his religion into his politics - at least not publicly - to the extent that Cruz will. Cruz's commentary in the aftermath of Obergefell v. Hodges was pretty telling for me, and I am not sure his need for social order serves the idea of limited government.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-02, 11:26

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Amazing how much attention the media has paid to that blowhard in the R race while ignoring that a communist is going to stop Hill's coronation. Biden has to be kicking himself in the ass that he didn't get in. And had she jumped in Warren would be the winner right now and my prognostication skills would be being hailed from coast to coast.

When I saw the reports about the huge number of new caucus goers, I assumed that would be to Trump's advantage. Not so. I found that to be very interesting, and might speak to the idea that Trump's celebrity status has inflated his support in the polls.

The problem with Trump is not his message. His brand of populism apparently has broad appeal. As your Real Clear Politics article correctly pointed out, there are some parallels to Buchanan's populism in the early 1990s. The problem with Trump is Trump. He cannot get out of his own way. In the end, what we thought he was impervious to - himself - will likely be his undoing. However, there is growing appeal for his message. You take Trump's politics and package it with a more likable character, and you might have something. The again, this is not over. Maybe Trump wins New Hampshire, Rubio wins South Carolina, and Trump wins Nevada.

I do not blame the media. They have been covering the guy who has led the polls from the start contrary to all conventional wisdom.

As for Cruz, I do not believe he is pretending to be religious to get votes. I believe he is very much so guided by his religious principles. I do not have a problem with that, and it is good when people find a moral compass. However, it is unreasonable to impose that compass on the rest of society, and I do not trust him to do otherwise. To my knowledge, his conservative hero, Ronald Reagan, did not wear his religion on his sleeve to the extent that Cruz does. Maybe I am wrong since I was too young to really have a sense of politics during the Reagan era, but a reading of history does not suggest he interjected his religion into his politics - at least not publicly - to the extent that Cruz will. Cruz's commentary in the aftermath of Obergefell v. Hodges was pretty telling for me, and I am not sure his need for social order serves the idea of limited government.

Cruz just can't as President impose his religion on the country. You are falling for fear mongering. The courts decide religious liberty issues. And there is still Congress.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next