Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin

+13
The_Dude
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Gomer
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin - Page 2 Empty Re: Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin

Post by Guest 2/2/2016, 11:27 am

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Call me, I've got some Florida real estate you'll surely want to buy.

You realize Santorum and huckabee won the last two Iowa caucuses? lol!

Yes, I kinda follow politics and have for 40+ years. I was scoffing at your "massive favorite" statement in NH/SC. Trump has a ceiling of 25-30% of the vote - the knucklehead faction. As the field winnows his chances decrease.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin - Page 2 Empty Re: Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2/2/2016, 11:27 am

Turtleneck - since it sounds like you know what the fuck you're talking about, what are your thoughts on the results in Iowa of Bernie vs Hillary?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2/2/2016, 11:28 am

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

When I saw the reports about the huge number of new caucus goers, I assumed that would be to Trump's advantage. Not so. I found that to be very interesting, and might speak to the idea that Trump's celebrity status has inflated his support in the polls.

The problem with Trump is not his message. His brand of populism apparently has broad appeal. As your Real Clear Politics article correctly pointed out, there are some parallels to Buchanan's populism in the early 1990s. The problem with Trump is Trump. He cannot get out of his own way. In the end, what we thought he was impervious to - himself - will likely be his undoing. However, there is growing appeal for his message. You take Trump's politics and package it with a more likable character, and you might have something. The again, this is not over. Maybe Trump wins New Hampshire, Rubio wins South Carolina, and Trump wins Nevada.

I do not blame the media. They have been covering the guy who has led the polls from the start contrary to all conventional wisdom.

As for Cruz, I do not believe he is pretending to be religious to get votes. I believe he is very much so guided by his religious principles. I do not have a problem with that, and it is good when people find a moral compass. However, it is unreasonable to impose that compass on the rest of society, and I do not trust him to do otherwise. To my knowledge, his conservative hero, Ronald Reagan, did not wear his religion on his sleeve to the extent that Cruz does. Maybe I am wrong since I was too young to really have a sense of politics during the Reagan era, but a reading of history does not suggest he interjected his religion into his politics - at least not publicly - to the extent that Cruz will. Cruz's commentary in the aftermath of Obergefell v. Hodges was pretty telling for me, and I am not sure his need for social order serves the idea of limited government.

Cruz just can't as President impose his religion on the country. You are falling for fear mongering. The courts decide religious liberty issues. And there is still Congress.

Thank you for the rundown of the basic working institutions of American government.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2/2/2016, 11:29 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Turtleneck - since it sounds like you know what the fuck you're talking about, what are your thoughts on the results in Iowa of Bernie vs Hillary?

MSU v. Stanford. It will come down to a 4th down stop. Maybe. The Clinton machine is powerful. She could pull away in the second half, but it will be close early on. He has a lot of momentum right now. More than Clinton.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2/2/2016, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 11:29 am

I like how a religious extremist like Cruz.. who is anti-government.. considers himself a Washington outsider... when a) he's a member of the United States senate and b) is on the government payroll..

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2/2/2016, 11:30 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like how a religious extremist like Cruz.. who is anti-government.. considers himself a Washington outsider... when a) he's a member of the United States senate and b) is on the government payroll..

Are you saying sometimes politicians are hypocrites?

that's not as sickening as those who follow blindly what he says.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 11:34 am

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like how a religious extremist like Cruz.. who is anti-government.. considers himself a Washington outsider... when a) he's a member of the United States senate and b) is on the government payroll..

Are you saying sometimes politicians are hypocrites?

that's not as sickening as those who follow blindly what he says.
again, they're all hypocrites..

I always find it funny when the anti-government ilk run around the country begging people to elect them to become part of.. the government.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 12:01 pm

the least Trump could've done last night was sent Sarah Palin out for the concession speech... a rambling, drunken. "my son is a war hero and my daughter is an unwed mother of two", This Is Brought to You By the Wasilla Dressbarn concession speech.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/2/2016, 12:44 pm

See Bob you distort when you build your simple minded strawman before knocking it down and celebrating your intellectual voctory for dummies.  He's not anti-government, as a true conservative he is anti BIG government.  That's an important distinction and in no way disqualifies someone from serving in the government.   If a person that was anti BIG government was automatically disqualified from office then how the fuck could they ever change anything?   Exactly - they couldn't so your premise is as stupid as your strawman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 12:47 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

See Bob you distort when you build your simple minded strawman before knocking it down and celebrating your intellectual voctory for dummies.  He's not anti-government, as a true conservative he is anti BIG government.  That's an important distinction and in no way disqualifies someone from serving in the government.   If a person that was anti BIG government was automatically disqualified from office then how the fuck could they ever change anything?   Exactly - they couldn't so your premise is as stupid as your strawman.
and how does this fine religious patriot who loves his family and America define "big government"?

is he pro-life? does he support the death penalty?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2/2/2016, 12:55 pm

Because he isn't part of the 'Washington Cartel' Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin - Page 2 3493939353
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 12:58 pm

The_Dude wrote:

Because he isn't part of the 'Washington Cartel' Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin - Page 2 3493939353
so he gets to be a United States senator while being a "Washington outsider"?

Got it. Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin - Page 2 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2/2/2016, 1:01 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

so he gets to be a United States senator while being a "Washington outsider"?

Is it the same as saying Bernie is an outsider even though he's held political office for four decades?

I think painting yourself as an 'outsider' is the cool thing to do.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2/2/2016, 1:02 pm

Sometimes I don't know if you guys are trying to be over the top or actually believe what you write. That's my favorite part of tSwill political threads.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2/2/2016, 1:05 pm

Giant Moose wrote:Sometimes I don't know if you guys are trying to be over the top or actually believe what you write. That's my favorite part of tSwill political threads.

clown
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 1:05 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so he gets to be a United States senator while being a "Washington outsider"?

Is it the same as saying Bernie is an outsider even though he's held political office for four decades?

I think painting yourself as an 'outsider' is the cool thing to do.
oh, it's definitely the "cool" thing to do for some people. I actually prefer my executives to have experience in the field they're competing for...

but, ya know.. a lot of gullible people believe what the mainstream media feeds them. And they tell you that a couple of guys who are United States senators are "Washington outsiders", there are always the folks that lap it up like puppies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 1:06 pm

Giant Moose wrote:Sometimes I don't know if you guys are trying to be over the top or actually believe what you write. That's my favorite part of tSwill political threads.

without running a statistical analysis, I'd say I believe about 99.934% of everything I say.

the other .066% of the stuff I say might be mocking the people who are fine American patriots who simply want their country back.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2/2/2016, 1:18 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

without running a statistical analysis, I'd say I believe about 99.934% of everything I say.

the other .066% of the stuff I say might be mocking the people who are fine American patriots who simply want their country back.

I can run your words though six sigma. See what your Cp & Cpk numbers are Bob.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 1:22 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

cool.. let me know how it turns out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2/2/2016, 1:23 pm

I like that the "go to the other forum to talk about this stuff" just turned into the thread that we use for this stuff instead. <3 you dudes. Cept Pylon. Don't <3 you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2/2/2016, 1:25 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I like that the "go to the other forum to talk about this stuff" just turned into the thread that we use for this stuff instead. <3 you dudes. Cept Pylon. Don't <3 you.

Hate you more, thimbledick.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 1:25 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I like that the "go to the other forum to talk about this stuff" just turned into the thread that we use for this stuff instead. <3 you dudes. Cept Pylon. Don't <3 you.
the other thread is for tSwill outsiders.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2/2/2016, 1:25 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Hate you more, thimbledick.

Rude.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2/2/2016, 1:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

With barely 5000 posts here, I am clearly the swill outsider if the group. Not like you lifetime swillers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 1:30 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the other thread is for tSwill outsiders.

With barely 5000 posts here, I am clearly the swill outsider if the group. Not like you lifetime swillers.
I think I'm going to announce that I'm a Swill outsider... because, ya know.. I announced it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2/2/2016, 1:31 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the other thread is for tSwill outsiders.

That's because you used to be scared to leave rcmb, little bitch.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2/2/2016, 1:32 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

That's because you used to be scared to leave rcmb, little bitch.

You post there every single day under your schtick account "I'm a cum guzzling whore"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2/2/2016, 1:33 pm

Hilary has officially been declared the winner in Iowa, no recount coming.

More interested to see what happens to this race after South Carolina. If Bernie can wrangle up some of the minority vote this could get real interesting.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/2/2016, 1:37 pm

Ass Dan wrote:Hilary has officially been declared the winner in Iowa, no recount coming.

More interested to see what happens to this race after South Carolina. If Bernie can wrangle up some of the minority vote this could get real interesting.
yeah - Trump will win in New Hampshire, Bernie will win big.

Super Tuesday will be interesting.. of course, for me, it's Super Tuesday because it's the night Jason Isbell and Shovels and Rope are in Royal Oak.. screw political stuff when there is live music to behold.

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2/2/2016, 1:57 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I was told there would be no quality control on tSwill
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2/2/2016, 2:02 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I only have 3000 posts. I'm more outside than you Mr. Establishment.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/2/2016, 2:12 pm

Ass Dan wrote:Hilary has officially been declared the winner in Iowa, no recount coming.

He just did get the endorsement of a SC House member Joe Neal.

Get your ass to the Iowa caucus thread in tBin - Page 2 1402272559
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2/3/2016, 8:28 am

a fiscally conservative white republican patriot calls a female reporter the B-word on camera when she asks about a $614 picture frame paid for by taxpayers..

Here is the video of the fiscally conservative republican patriot calling her the B-word
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2