Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about

+31
DWags
Da Mayor
pulling69
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
y2kMgrad
SawGreen
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
Cameron
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
Son of Sparta
Dr. Strangelove
Cym Jim
Ass Dan
Giant Moose
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
AMwood
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Gomer
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is the best under the radar fast food restaurant?

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 7 ]
The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 32

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Empty Re: The best fast food restaurant no one talks about

Post by y2kMgrad Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:53 pm

I really miss Boston Market. The Chicken Carver Club was delicious. Then they all closed in GR within like a year. Also I didn't know Arby's was underrated. I love Arby's. Their market fresh sandwiches are very good and the Beef and Cheddar is always solid.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Empty Re: The best fast food restaurant no one talks about

Post by y2kMgrad Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Getemngo-300x220

HOLY FUCK - just remembered this place. The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 361471007

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 502811600 We used to go there all the time after parties back in high school. Now it's a Mr. Gyro's which is also pretty decent.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:21 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:I really miss Boston Market. The Chicken Carver Club was delicious. Then they all closed in GR within like a year. Also I didn't know Arby's was underrated. I love Arby's. Their market fresh sandwiches are very good and the Beef and Cheddar is always solid.
Interesting BM closed up in GR. Still a few around here but haven't been to one in probably 5 years.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:46 pm

The Pantry wrote:
SawGreen wrote:Twist my arm, LJS. I miss Aurthur Treacher's.  But I eat fast food less than 10 times a year.  Subway in second. Arby's next, Wendy's after that.
There are Subways everywhere but I can't stand them.  Find instructing them every detail of how to make my sandwich a pain in the ass.  Like the Jimmy Johns approach to ordering much better, except their stuff is way too salty.

SawGreen wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
There are Subways everywhere but I can't stand them.  Find instructing them every detail of how to make my sandwich a pain in the ass.  Like the Jimmy Johns approach to ordering much better, except their stuff is way too salty.

I do like Jimmy John's speed. For overall taste, I like Subway more.

Jimmy John's is ass. Saying you prefer the taste of Subway is incredibly damning, and also super true, because Jimmy John's is ass.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:02 pm

The Pantry wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:I really miss Boston Market. The Chicken Carver Club was delicious. Then they all closed in GR within like a year. Also I didn't know Arby's was underrated. I love Arby's. Their market fresh sandwiches are very good and the Beef and Cheddar is always solid.
Interesting BM closed up in GR. Still a few around here but haven't been to one in probably 5 years.

Yeah I heard there's one in Holland but that's like 40 minutes away. Not driving that far for it. Don't know why they all closed in GR. Guess I was the only one who liked it here.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:39 am

SawGreen wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

When I was a kid, our family would go to Arthur Treacher's on Michigan Avenue, just west of US-127 near the Lansing/EL border. Decades later, Treacher's is gone but they're still there selling fish-n-chips. IDK if it ever closed or ever sold anything else, but it's been the same menu as far back as I can recall.

My Mom used to take me there. Malt vinegar...yum.

Hells, yeah.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:43 am

Thank Jeezy that goodbar still has Applebee's.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 am

Is Halo Burger still kicking in Flint? I did like that place.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:32 am

SawGreen wrote:Is Halo Burger still kicking in Flint? I did like that place.

The Halo Burger in East Lansing/Frandor was a flop. More like In-N-Out Burger, 'cuz it was in and out in less than a year. There's a Taco Bell there now and it seems to be doing well.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:16 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Jimmy John's is ass. Saying you prefer the taste of Subway is incredibly damning, and also super true, because Jimmy John's is ass.

Jimmy Johns is not a good sandwich but IMO much better quality than Subway. Jersey Mike's I think is the best sub chain but even that place sucks compared to real New Jersey style delis on the East coast.
There was a bakery on 8 Mile (Detroit side) we use to hit for lunch.  Pretty good pizza but even better subs.  Their Italian was killer.  Forget exactly what all was on it but remember hot capicola.  They, of course, baked the buns right there.  Forget the name of the place but know it closed maybe 10 years ago.

Have since found an Italian market in Sterling Heights called Ventimiglia's.  Full deli counter and their Italian sub on a hard roll is awesome

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Dpdrgn10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 pm

the best sub chain (sounds like a bizarre bedroom prop) in East Lansing is Potbelly.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 pm

They all suck
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 pm

kingstonlake wrote:They all suck

Yeah mon
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:13 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
SawGreen wrote:Twist my arm, LJS. I miss Aurthur Treacher's. But I eat fast food less than 10 times a year. Subway in second. Arby's next, Wendy's after that.
Long before I discovered the RCMB, me and my buddy used to post on this rapper website that we somehow discovered. Basically, you posted your rhymes on the website and other posters/rappers provided feedback. There was one frequent poster called "Lil' Wayne" and I've always wondered whether it's the same guy that's famous now. Anyway, my buddy and I deliberately tried to spit the most wack lyrics and here's one of my rhymes:

I ain't down with Arthur Treacher's
Cuz I ain't into eatin' sea creatures

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 502811600

By the way, I really think Culvers is the best or most underrated fast food joint. Sort of overshadowed by In 'N Out and Chick Fil A but basically follows a similar model: Good food, clean restaurants, clean cut employees (no meth addicts or felon looking mofos)

The wife and I go to Culvers and we each get a kid pack, same burger and fries and drink but a little bit cheaper and they throw in a cup of frozen yogurt.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Another lunch story.  Felt like a mushroom, steak, and cheese sub.  Tubby's is my favorite but there's a Buscemi's a little closer to work so ordered from there.  Have had the same sub at other Buscemi's and they've been pretty good.

Owner of this particular franchise kinda does his own thing.  The menu is much more expansive than other stores.  Pizza, calzones, salads, and subs but they also have fried chicken, gyros, ribs, rib tips, mac-n-cheese, lasagna, chili, soups, fish & chips, etc.  Owner even makes his own Italian sausage, which is pretty good.  Most of the stuff I've tried there is pretty good.

Sub was ready when I got there.  Took it to the checkout counter.  Owner is there and recognized me.  Asked if I'd tried the steak and cheese sub before.  Said, "No, but I'm looking forward to it".  He goes into a lengthy spiel about the meat being black angus and that they don't just throw the meat on the grill.  Told me they season and roast it every morning.  Paid $10 and again told him I was looking forward to it.  He told me to call him later to let him know what I thought.

Got in the SUV and navigated back up Mound Rd best I could trying to avoid the really big potholes.  Said it before and will say again...the most fucked up roadway you can imagine.  6 to 8 lanes of heavy truck traffic traveling 50 mph.  The trucks roll over the craters and barely notice them, while making them bigger with each pass.  The freeze-thaw pattern this winter has not helped.  Have not seen a Sterling Heights/Macomb county cold-patch crew on Mound in a least a month.  It's getting dangerous out there.  Time for city officials to pony-up some premium time cash to get the patch crews out at night and/or on the weekends.  I digress...

The Philly steak and cheese was awful.  First, the "seasoning" the owner referred to was plainly just the meat over-marinated and cooked in Worcestershire...excessively salty.  Second, the meat cut was wrong...chunks of beef instead of thin slivers.  Third, there was no provolone like I requested...there was no cheese at all.  

Didn't call the guy back as he requested.  Would rather give my review in person next time I go there.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 am

On the subject of chains: Bagger Dave's in EL closed today or yesterday. Never went because people here (or on TOB) said it wasn't that good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 am

tGreenWay wrote:On the subject of chains: Bagger Dave's in EL closed today or yesterday. Never went because people here (or on TOB) said it wasn't that good.

Ever stop to think if you'd gone there just once they might not have folded? Your single visit could been the catalyst that resulted in a chain reaction of support. Somebody reports your visit on Twitter and BOOM. It could happen.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:26 am

Ha....Home in EL for Xmas my dad commented that he had never been to Bagger Dave's and looked at the menu online. Said "hey that sounds pretty good I might go there" and never did. None of us ever went there. I moved out of EL in April 04, I think BD's moved in in 08 and have taken tons of trips home. Never had a reason to go there. If I am home I am going to Jersey Giant, Georgio's, Famous Taco, Culver's, or my friend's spot in Dewitt - Bridge Street Social(shameless plug, its worth a visit).
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:17 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
There was a bakery on 8 Mile (Detroit side) we use to hit for lunch.  Pretty good pizza but even better subs.  Their Italian was killer.  Forget exactly what all was on it but remember hot capicola.  They, of course, baked the buns right there.  Forget the name of the place but know it closed maybe 10 years ago.

Have since found an Italian market in Sterling Heights called Ventimiglia's.  Full deli counter and their Italian sub on a hard roll is awesome

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Dpdrgn10
Those sandwiches look delicious

That roll looks like it would tear up the roof of your mouth. Would not bang.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am

Da Mayor wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: Those sandwiches look delicious

That roll looks like it would tear up the roof of your mouth. Would not bang.
They make them on soft rolls too. The hard roll is the way to go. Pic shows both varieties.

They scoop out some of the inside of the rolls to allow for more filling. Plus, the sandwich stays together better without stuff slipping out the sides as you eat it. They make bread crumbs with the scooped out stuff to sell and to add to their meatballs.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:40 am

Grosse Pointe   Mack and two blocks north of 8 mile.  

Can't beat their sandwiches.  

Licavolis Italian Deli. Amore!!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:40 am

Pantry, where in Sterling Heights is this joint located? I may have to stop in there the next time on the east side of the state visiting my parents.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am

DWags wrote:Grosse Pointe   Mack and two blocks north of 8 mile.  

Can't beat their sandwiches.  

Licavolis Italian Deli. Amore!!!

Mention you know Wags for a free Rice Pudding!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 am

Senior Dickfist wrote:Pantry, where in Sterling Heights is this joint located?  I may have to stop in there the next time on the east side of the state visiting my parents.
Dodge Park (Hoover) just north of 15.  West side of the road.

Ventimiglia Italian Foods

ETA: Don't get their carryout pasta and meatballs. Over priced and both the sauce and meatballs are lame.

Last edited by The Pantry on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:55 am

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Pantry, where in Sterling Heights is this joint located? I may have to stop in there the next time on the east side of the state visiting my parents.
Dodge Park (Hoover) just north of 15. West side of the road.

Mention you know Pantry and get a free tossed salad!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Dodge Park (Hoover) just north of 15. West side of the road.

Mention you know Pantry and get a free tossed salad!
Since you mentioned it, there's one cougar behind the deli counter I wouldn't mind tossing my salad
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:28 pm

pulling69 wrote:Ha....Home in EL for Xmas my dad commented that he had never been to Bagger Dave's and looked at the menu online. Said "hey that sounds pretty good I might go there" and never did. None of us ever went there. I moved out of EL in April 04, I think BD's moved in in 08 and have taken tons of trips home. Never had a reason to go there. If I am home I am going to Jersey Giant, Georgio's, Famous Taco, Culver's, or my friend's spot in Dewitt - Bridge Street Social(shameless plug, its worth a visit).

We’ve been to Bagger Dave’s a couple times. Our kids like it because there’s a train that cirles the restaurant while you eat and they think that’s awesome. They specialize in burgers and Michigan craft beers. The burgers are ok but there’s nothing really special about them and they’re way overpriced. The beer selection is good but it’s nothing you can’t get at multiple other restaurants around here and again, they’re overpriced. They badly need to lower their prices if they want to compete long term imo.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:20 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Pantry, where in Sterling Heights is this joint located?  I may have to stop in there the next time on the east side of the state visiting my parents.

ETA: Don't get their carryout pasta and meatballs. Over priced and both the sauce and meatballs are lame.

Thank you and duly noted, but if I were to be visiting my parents and brought back pasta and meatballs, I can assure you my mother would probably be heartbroken and slightly pissed, although she would deny it. Anyway, I could just ask her to make the same dish and be happier than could be.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry the Greyhound Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 am

Krystal >>>>>>>>>>>> White Castle
Harry the Greyhound
Harry the Greyhound
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Thank you and duly noted, but if I were to be visiting my parents and brought back pasta and meatballs, I can assure you my mother would probably be heartbroken and slightly pissed, although she would deny it. Anyway, I could just ask her to make the same dish and be happier than could be.
It's kind of amazing how bad most restaurant red sauce is. Many places add sugar, which has no place in red sauce IMO. Some claim it helps cut the acidity of the tomatoes but I think that's bullshit...the sweetness of onions is all that's required.

I don't have an official recipe for red sauce. Just use the same ingredients in varying proportions...onions, garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, and red chili flake. It never turns out exactly the same but I would put it up against any restaurant red sauce.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:08 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

It's kind of amazing how bad most restaurant red sauce is. Many places add sugar, which has no place in red sauce IMO. Some claim it helps cut the acidity of the tomatoes but I think that's bullshit...the sweetness of onions is all that's required.

I don't have an official recipe for red sauce. Just use the same ingredients in varying proportions...onions, garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, and red chili flake. It never turns out exactly the same but I would put it up against any restaurant red sauce.

I agree about the sugar. Get that shit outta the sauce.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

Yeah, no real Italian would ever put sugar in a red sauce of any kind. My mom learned her recipes in Sicily from locals. One trick she uses to add some sweetness to the sauce is you put in a few of those baby carrots. They don't really break down and you remove them after it is done cooking. Oh yeah, red wine.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:It's kind of amazing how bad most restaurant red sauce is. Many places add sugar, which has no place in red sauce IMO. Some claim it helps cut the acidity of the tomatoes but I think that's bullshit...the sweetness of onions is all that's required.

I agree about the sugar. Get that shit outta the sauce.
It's just, wrong. Never put sugar in it even before meeting my off-the-boat Italian inlaws. They confirmed my belief. Owned a few successful metro Detroit restaurants and never put sugar in the sauce. Only difference between their sauce and mine is the oregano. FIL (rest his soul) couldn't stand it. To me, it's a must.

There is only one sauce-sugar enigma in my head. Alibi pizza. Not much difference between spaghetti and pizza sauce. I know there is sugar in their sauce (maybe in the dough too) but, it works in the end product.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Yes, oregano is a must along with the rest of your ingredients, with maybe the exception of the chili flake. I'm going to ask my mother if she uses that.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Yes, oregano is a must along with the rest of your ingredients, with maybe the exception of the chili flake. I'm going to ask my mother if she uses that.
Yeah, the chili flake is what makes my sauce vary the most...a little, a lot, and everything in between depending on the kick I feel like at the time. Have substituted cayenne in a couple times but it's not the same.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Arbys has a new limited time Miami Cuban sandwich.  Pretty good.

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Iirgdj10

They also have a limited time Double Reuben...double the meat.  Recommend ordering the thousand island on the side because they put way too much on

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 5fjfcu10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:50 am

Apparently it's not this Subway location in Sterling Heights.

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Subway10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:26 am

The Pantry wrote:Arbys has a new limited time Miami Cuban sandwich.  Pretty good.

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 Iirgdj10

They also have a limited time Double Reuben...double the meat.  Recommend ordering the thousand island on the side because they put way too much on

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 5fjfcu10

The best fast food restaurant no one talks about - Page 3 GreekGyro_18_label_Desktop_248x240
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:53 am

[tw]1088056598206009344[/tw]

That's not the smell of bacon, it's the smell of McDonald's desperation.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:47 am

Fatties.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next