Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy shit! I'm uncomfortable with this

+7
I.B. Fine
Gomer
Rocinante
DWags
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Giant Moose
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Holy shit!  I'm uncomfortable with this Empty Holy shit! I'm uncomfortable with this

Post by DWags 2016-02-09, 06:50

Conform, include  or face government pressure or perhaps worse?  I hope I'm  as liberal and inclusive as the average guy, but why involve cops.

http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2016/new-msu-police-unit-focuses-on-anti-bias-inclusion/?utm_campaign=standard-promo&utm_source=msufacebook-post&utm_medium=social

Last edited by DWags on 2016-02-09, 06:58; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Holy shit!  I'm uncomfortable with this Empty Re: Holy shit! I'm uncomfortable with this

Post by DWags 2016-02-09, 06:56

My fear is this will have the opposite effect as it states it will have.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Holy shit!  I'm uncomfortable with this Empty Re: Holy shit! I'm uncomfortable with this

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-09, 06:58

I was hoping this would be about the TV show.

Edit: now with the thread title change, this could be about anything. Joe Average is uncomfortable about a lot of things.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-09, 07:05

PC run amok.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-09, 07:09

Black drivers are 3x more likely to get pulled over than white drivers.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-09, 07:13

Black people are 4x more likely to be arrested for weed than white people, yet the amount of the drug use is the same.

#PoliticalCorrectness
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-09, 07:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Black drivers are 3x more likely to get pulled over than white drivers.

Will this open the door for the policing of any group or club down the road? I think you need to look at bigger picture than that. Is this a slippery slope that will go beyond the "education of cops"'

They shouldn't profile in the first place.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-09, 07:21

As long as cops in mid-Michigan teargas black and white students the same, I am OK with this.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-09, 07:33

Giant Moose wrote:As long as cops in mid-Michigan teargas black and white students the same, I am OK with this.

Holy shit!  I'm uncomfortable with this 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 07:50

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Black drivers are 3x more likely to get pulled over than white drivers.

Will this open the door for the policing of any group or club down the road? I think you need to look at bigger picture than that. Is this a slippery slope that will go beyond the "education of cops"'

We're already in the slippery slope stage.

Our next step is full on Europe.

I can't wait... Chickens coming one to roost and all that. Get Bernie or Trump in office and let's kick this "it's all going to hell in a hand basket" partay staaaaahhhhted!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-09, 07:52

DWags wrote:Conform, include  or face government pressure or perhaps worse?  I hope I'm  as liberal and inclusive as the average guy, but why involve cops.

http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2016/new-msu-police-unit-focuses-on-anti-bias-inclusion/?utm_campaign=standard-promo&utm_source=msufacebook-post&utm_medium=social

This mean they are going to start harrassing green seaters? If not they this is bs since they discriminate on age first and foremost
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-09, 08:12

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:Conform, include  or face government pressure or perhaps worse?  I hope I'm  as liberal and inclusive as the average guy, but why involve cops.

This mean they are going to start harrassing green seaters? If not they this is bs since they discriminate on age first and foremost

Still pushing your green seat agenda huh? Keep up the good fight.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-09, 08:13

Is this 1984? Get it? From the book? Haaaaa!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-09, 08:18

DWags wrote:

But they do.. Slippery slope? Ask an African American where they fall on that " slope ". But I get it - white folk want to keep their country white.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-09, 08:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

But they do.. Slippery slope? Ask an African American where they fall on that " slope ". But I get it - white folk want to keep their country white.

More police is always the right answer. If you're a facist! How's it going Hitler youth?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-09, 08:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

More police is always the right answer. If you're a facist! How's it going Hitler youth?

No no no I'm the communist, remember?

I just can't find a reason to hate something trying to eliminate bias in a field where a) its already proven by stats, facts b) people feel they are getting targeted. Better than a new armored humvee and SWAT gear.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-09, 08:25

gHost Spartan wrote:I hate to say but I'm white and I never get pulled over so I don't give a fuck.

See - this kind of honesty I can appreciate.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 08:26

"micro-aggression" - Holy shit!  I'm uncomfortable with this 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-09, 08:27

gHost Spartan wrote:I hate to say but I'm white and I never get pulled over so I don't give a fuck.

My friend Carl Black told me that the whole driving while Black thing was a myth, that he'd never been pulled over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 08:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

No no no I'm the communist, remember?

I just can't find a reason to hate something trying to eliminate bias in a field where a) its already proven by stats, facts b) people feel they are getting targeted. Better than a new armored humvee and SWAT gear.

You know what else has been proven? Crime rates consistent throughout several jurisdictions that match up virtually 1 for 1 with the national crime victim survey. The bias is strong with who commits far more crimes.

How come Asians and Hispanics aren't ever targeted? What's the motive for targeting blacks, specifically?

I've never gotten an answer to why blacks are allegedly targeted more.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-09, 08:47

Latinas are pulled over disproportionately too xsan. Both minority groups car's are also searched at a higher rate- even though illegal shit is found at a higher rate in white people's car.

Asian people would probably be more difficult to target as the difference in their appearance from a distance is less obvious. But that's just my guess, not supported by stats as my other points are.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-09, 08:50

I think we're missing the point. I know there is profiling. It's a fact. However, I really think you guys don't understand what this might lead to. Not this year or next. Cops should be educated on anti-profiling before they become cops. Having committee's like this will lead to the oppression of social groups. I guarantee it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 08:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Latinas are pulled over disproportionately too xsan. Both minority groups car's are also searched at a higher rate- even though illegal shit is found at a higher rate in white people's car.

Asian people would probably be more difficult to target as the difference in their appearance from a distance is less obvious. But that's just my guess, not supported by stats as my other points are.

And yet despite experiencing similar levels in poverty... Hispanics are represented in the crime rates in proportion to their population percentage. Why is it that blacks represent far more of a percentage?

And why are cops pulling over black people more? What is the motive?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 08:57

DWags wrote:I think we're missing the point. I know there is profiling. It's a fact. However, I really think you guys don't understand what this might lead to. Not this year or next. Cops should be educated on anti-profiling before they become cops. Having committee's like this will lead to the oppression of social groups. I guarantee it.

Sawry dawgs... I'll stop race baiting OTPT.

He started it, though!!!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-09, 09:00

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Latinas are pulled over disproportionately too xsan. Both minority groups car's are also searched at a higher rate- even though illegal shit is found at a higher rate in white people's car.

And yet despite experiencing similar levels in poverty... Hispanics are represented in the crime rates in proportion to their population percentage. Why is it that blacks represent far more of a percentage?

And why are cops pulling over black people more? What is the motive?

Simple ghetto blacks distortion ally love to shoot each other up. Fuck the drugs, that's the gateway for the illegal guns
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 09:01

DWags wrote:I think we're missing the point.  I know there is profiling.  It's a fact.   However, I really think you guys don't understand what this might lead to.  Not this year or next.   Cops should be educated on anti-profiling before they become cops.  Having committee's like this will lead to the oppression of social groups.  I guarantee it.  
as long as all of the precious little cupcake college kids don't get their feelings hurt, it'll be worth it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-09, 09:06

Yeah Bob, I sometimes try to figure out what you're talking about but mostly just don't give a shit. This is a just dont' give a shit time. Go Bruce
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 09:12

DWags wrote:Yeah Bob, I sometimes try to figure out what you're talking about but mostly just don't give a shit. This is a just dont' give a shit time. Go Bruce
it's much easier that way.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 09:26

Bob, what is your favorite Ryan Adams to play on the gee-tar?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 09:32

xsanguine wrote:Bob, what is your favorite Ryan Adams to play on the gee-tar?
love the simplicity of Dear Chicago.. also one of his finest tunes, lyrically (and that's saying a lot)..

how about you?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-09, 09:46

I have this friend who is black guys, and he says that if black people would keep their insurance up to date and make sure the maintenance on their cars was done, then they wouldn't have anything to worry about.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 09:48

I like Gimme Something Good and Let It Ride... The bluesy ones are more fun to play because you have to actually do stuff as opposed to my favorite songs of his which we could teach even tTy to play in 5 minutes.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 09:50

Rocinante wrote:I have this friend who is black guys, and he says that if black people would keep their insurance up to date and make sure the maintenance on their cars was done, then they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Why is he driving around without up to date insurance?

If he said it's because "fuck the police, I won't be extorted these bitch ass, hoe ass, trick ass, triflin' ass state agents"... I'm going to have to side with him.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 09:51

Rocinante wrote:I have this friend who is black guys, and he says that if black people would keep their insurance up to date and make sure the maintenance on their cars was done, then they wouldn't have anything to worry about.
you have a friend who is black guys?

like.. he's more than one of them?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 09:51

xsanguine wrote:I like Gimme Something Good and Let It Ride... The bluesy ones are more fun to play because you have to actually do stuff as opposed to my favorite songs of his which we could teach even tTy to play in 5 minutes.
cool - so some of the more rock-ish Cardinal-type stuff.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 09:52

That's awesome! Science!!!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-09, 09:52

Insert a comma in there somewhere, Bob.
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you have a friend who is black guys?

Insert a comma somewhere in there, Bob.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 09:56

Rocinante wrote:Insert a comma in there somewhere, Bob.
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you have a friend who is black guys?

Insert a comma somewhere in there, Bob.

I was thinking "no wonder he's getting pulled over.. he's one guy somehow channeling "black guys".. just drivin' around like a whole carload of them.. hell, I'd pull him over just to watch the Soul Train dance line"..

Holy shit!  I'm uncomfortable with this Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 10:13

Haha... I thought Roc was just into BBC cuckolding. No hate.

I was thinking, man... Roc, your wife must be tired and very irritated. It has to be difficult to find several brothas in Wyoming to fulfill such a fantasy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 10:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I like Gimme Something Good and Let It Ride... The bluesy ones are more fun to play because you have to actually do stuff as opposed to my favorite songs of his which we could teach even tTy to play in 5 minutes.
cool - so some of the more rock-ish Cardinal-type stuff.

I like playing Oh My God, Whatever, Etc. too.... It's easy but a nice little diddy
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next