Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?

+10
Nordic
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  Empty What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?

Post by DWags 2016-02-24, 07:41

Rain and ice on my driveway. Looks like they might be accurate.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  Empty Re: What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-24, 08:21

I thought it was all supposed to be rain right now dwags. It was all supposed to be fucking rain. Why am I at the office instead of working at home right now?

I'll be home by noon then not leaving until Friday. I'll probably cook some shit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  Empty Re: What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 08:22

here in East Lansing I'm just kinda hanging around.. drinking coffee and listening to tunes. Looking forward to the winter storm.

What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-24, 08:24

I don't have anything to do today, so I'll just chill out and watch some Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-24, 08:26

How bad is this shit? I gotta drive home from DTW later today.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 08:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How bad is this shit? I gotta drive home from DTW later today.
6-10 inches in mid-Michigan.. mostly coming during the afternoon/evening. High winds, as well.

they often screw it up but I get the feeling these numbers will be pretty accurate. Maybe consider the Michigan Flyer if it's an option for you?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-24, 08:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How bad is this shit? I gotta drive home from DTW later today.
6-10 inches in mid-Michigan.. mostly coming during the afternoon/evening. High winds, as well.

Been nice knowing you guys. I'm skullfucked
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-24, 08:29

It's wet snow, too. Going to be melting a little tomorrow and Friday, but man it's gonna be slushy.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 08:30

Death Roe wrote:It's wet snow, too. Going to be melting a little tomorrow and Friday, but man it's gonna be slushy.
around 40 and mostly sunny Saturday and Sunday - that'll melt a lot, as well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 08:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

f**ckin' Delaney..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-24, 08:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Death Roe wrote:It's wet snow, too. Going to be melting a little tomorrow and Friday, but man it's gonna be slushy.
around 40 and mostly sunny Saturday and Sunday - that'll melt a lot, as well.

Yep, should be clear roads for my trip to Disneyworld this weekend. At least I hope so.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 08:36

Death Roe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:around 40 and mostly sunny Saturday and Sunday - that'll melt a lot, as well.

Yep, should be clear roads for my trip to Disneyworld this weekend. At least I hope so.
my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

(regarding Disneyworld.. not the snow) Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 08:45

gHost Spartan wrote:Gonna be about 70 degrees here in AZ today. flower
yuck..

(not my scene - but I'm glad you enjoy it)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-24, 08:47

We're thinking of being pussies and closing the office at 3PM if it starts looking bad. Not my idea, but it might be the right call depending on how things go.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 08:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:We're thinking of being pussies and closing the office at 3PM if it starts looking bad. Not my idea, but it might be the right call depending on how things go.
flipped on the news this morning and a lot of schools in the more rural areas had already closed. It still hasn't started snowing yet.

Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-24, 08:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:We're thinking of being pussies and closing the office at 3PM if it starts looking bad. Not my idea, but it might be the right call depending on how things go.
flipped on the news this morning and a lot of schools in the more rural areas had already closed. It still hasn't started snowing yet.

Rolling Eyes

lol, they have 5-10 unused snow days this year that they have to burn through somehow.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-24, 08:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  MXaLbQk

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-02-24, 08:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I thought it was all supposed to be rain right now dwags. It was all supposed to be fucking rain. Why am I at the office instead of working at home right now?

I'll be home by noon then not leaving until Friday. I'll probably cook some shit.

Why don't you stop at the store on your way home and get some real food, if they have any left, unless of course that's your thing.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 08:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:flipped on the news this morning and a lot of schools in the more rural areas had already closed. It still hasn't started snowing yet.

Rolling Eyes

lol, they have 5-10 unused snow days this year that they have to burn through somehow.
yeah, that's what I figured, too. I suspect East Lansing schools will utilize a snow day tomorrow.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-24, 08:58

I.B. Fine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I thought it was all supposed to be rain right now dwags. It was all supposed to be fucking rain. Why am I at the office instead of working at home right now?

Why don't you stop at the store on your way home and get some real food, if they have any left, unless of course that's your thing.

Haaaaa. I'm not really going to cook poop ib fine. You're such a jokester
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-24, 09:03

Metro Detroit is going to fizzle......3-5".

Torregrossa is the best forecaster in MI.

Heavy snow forecast updates: Heavy snow shifting north, more widespread

What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  Snow-forecast-wed-morningjpg-1c9a4a1d9b408137

MICHIGAN - There have been some changes to the snowfall forecast overnight.

The two biggest changes are a slight shift north and west of the axis of heaviest snow, and a larger area of the heaviest snow.

Yesterday, the axis of heaviest snow ran from Lansing to Flint to the tip of the Thumb. Now I would say the axis of heaviest snow is expected to run from Grand Rapids to Alma to Saginaw/ Bay City.

This increases the snow amounts expected in Grand Rapids and Muskegon. Both locations are now in the winter storm warning.

The shift northward also means the far southeast part of Lower Michigan will be a touch warmer. This reduces the expected snow amounts by 2 inches. So Wayne County, Macomb County and Lenawee County now are in a lesser advisory, a winter weather advisory.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-24, 09:05

LooseGoose wrote:Metro Detroit is going to fizzle......3-5".

Torregrossa is the best forecaster in MI.

Heavy snow forecast updates: Heavy snow shifting north, more widespread

What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  Snow-forecast-wed-morningjpg-1c9a4a1d9b408137

MICHIGAN - There have been some changes to the snowfall forecast overnight.

The two biggest changes are a slight shift north and west of the axis of heaviest snow, and a larger area of the heaviest snow.

Yesterday, the axis of heaviest snow ran from Lansing to Flint to the tip of the Thumb. Now I would say the axis of heaviest snow is expected to run from Grand Rapids to Alma to Saginaw/ Bay City.

This increases the snow amounts expected in Grand Rapids and Muskegon. Both locations are now in the winter storm warning.

The shift northward also means the far southeast part of Lower Michigan will be a touch warmer. This reduces the expected snow amounts by 2 inches. So Wayne County, Macomb County and Lenawee County now are in a lesser advisory, a winter weather advisory.

Don't tell my boss. We're all leaving in like 30.

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-24, 09:13

Hoping my flight gets canceled.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-24, 10:23

Coming down pretty heavy in EL now. Sorry to hijack your metro Detroit thread. Back to focusing on the D.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-24, 10:28

The terrorists have obviously won. Back in my day, we didn't care if a worker or two got killed on the way to or from work. Fucking Obama.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-24, 10:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I read an article in the freep or LSJ yesterday and the meteorologist they quoted all but said schools should cancel classes. I remember thinking he should just come out and say it if he thinks it's going to unsafe and schools should stay closed. Don't dance around it. Unless he likes dancing and he's really good at it, like that Denny Terrio guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-24, 10:41

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:flipped on the news this morning and a lot of schools in the more rural areas had already closed. It still hasn't started snowing yet.

Rolling Eyes

I read an article in the freep or LSJ yesterday and the meteorologist they quoted all but said schools should cancel classes. I remember thinking he should just come out and say it if he thinks it's going to unsafe and schools should stay closed. Don't dance around it. Unless he likes dancing and he's really good at it, like that Denny Terrio guy.

Well, I'm sure the lawyers intervened and said "we're not in the school closing advice business".
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 10:42

tGreenWay wrote:Coming down pretty heavy in EL now. Sorry to hijack your metro Detroit thread. Back to focusing on the D.
EL schools closing 2 hours early.. Rolling Eyes What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-24, 10:51

Back in my day we didn't care if a kid or two got killed on the way to or from school.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 10:53

DWags wrote:Back in my day we didn't care if a kid or two got killed on the way to or from school.
True. It was merely the price of freedom.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-02-24, 10:58

DWags wrote:Back in my day we didn't care if a kid or two got killed on the way to or from school.

As someone with two kids I'd rather they just close schools ahead of the storm instead of risking putting my kid on a school with a meth'ed out driver. Some also have to plan daycare and what not.

Sidebar... just drove from Lake Orion to Warren. Surface streets suck, not much snow but slick as hell (that's a problem for the school buses). I-75 was clear. Mix of rain and snow which is going to make for trouble later.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-24, 12:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Well, I'm sure the lawyers intervened and said "we're not in the school closing advice business".

Ever seen a meteorologist? They ain't afraid of no dirty lawyer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-24, 12:44

I'll pray for you
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-02-24, 12:45

Coming down pretty decently in Portage area. Maybe an inch on the ground if that.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-24, 12:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Coming down pretty heavy in EL now. Sorry to hijack your metro Detroit thread. Back to focusing on the D.
EL schools closing 2 hours early.. Rolling Eyes What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  502811600

Pussies. When I was in school, EL never closed down for nothin'. A tornado once hit the town nuclear power plant but did EL schools close? Nope.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 12:50

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Emily is a nice young lady.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-24, 12:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Emily is a nice young lady.

Not sure who you're referring to, so I'll take your word for it. Meanwhile, this just in/ Hannah Community Ctr. and ELPL closing at 5 pm. Panic in the streets!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-02-24, 12:57

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Emily is a nice young lady.

Not sure who you're referring to, so I'll take your word for it. Meanwhile, this just in/ Hannah Community Ctr. and ELPL closing at 5 pm. Panic in the streets!
Been nice knowing ya! Remember the Donner Party if you want to survive.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-24, 12:59

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Been nice knowing ya! Remember the Donner Party if you want to survive.

I've already got my reciprocating saw out and new blades at the ready.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-24, 13:01

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Emily is a nice young lady.

Rolling Eyes

meanwhile, I'll be drinkin' Old Styles and shoveling.. What are you metro Detroiters doing to celebrate the death storm?  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next