Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cook way off target early

+10
DWags
Nordic
InTenSity
The_Dude
NigelUno
kingstonlake
The Pantry
duffy munn
Giant Moose
Vlad
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cook way off target early Empty Cook way off target early

Post by Vlad 2016-02-27, 10:25

Anyone watching? Damn! Shocked

Really want this kid to have a good showing. Those short outs to the sidelines were not pretty.  Receiver couldn't even get a finger on the balls.

Burbridge looks fairly good. Clocked a 4.58. Looks to be in the upper half of the receiving group.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cook way off target early Empty Re: Cook way off target early

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-27, 10:52

I feel bad for him. It seems the injury was much worse than we thought. Might have been worth starting O'Connor in the Cotton looking back on it.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-27, 10:52

Something tells me if Cook was looking great early you would not start a thread about that.

Call it a hunch.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-02-27, 10:54

Thread title led me to believe Vlad had somehow managed to fuck up smoking a pork butt
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-02-27, 11:01

Odd you didn't start a thread on him basically having the second fastest 40 time.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-27, 11:04

duffy munn wrote:Something tells me if Cook was looking great early you would not start a thread about that.

Call it a hunch.

Vlad's just being an asshole.

No hunch needed.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-27, 11:23

kingstonlake wrote:Odd you didn't start a thread on him basically having the second fastest 40 time.
kingstonlake wrote:Odd you didn't start a thread on him basically having the second fastest 40 time.

Well, that wouldn't be any fun. The goal is to annoy fellow Spartans and Vlad is damn good at it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-27, 12:01

Duffy showing up on his high horse who woulda thunk it
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-27, 12:04

Giant Moose wrote:I feel bad for him. It seems the injury was much worse than we thought. Might have been worth starting O'Connor in the Cotton looking back on it.

The injury was definitely much worse, no doubt. Of course, he has had accuracy issues throughout his career, so who knows...
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-27, 12:09

Vlad wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I feel bad for him. It seems the injury was much worse than we thought. Might have been worth starting O'Connor in the Cotton looking back on it.

The injury was definitely much worse, no doubt. Of course, he has had accuracy issues throughout his career, so who knows...

Duffy and Wags won't like that despite cook having an underwhelming completion %
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-27, 12:21

How cute. Tdud running to defend vlad's honor.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-27, 12:36

While the Nancy's continue to wet their pants here, I'm still watching Cook.  Accuracy looking average at best on the long passes. But the sample size is small as I've only seen him throw about seven or eight passes. Maybe I missed some good throws.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-27, 12:39

I've got better things to do today rather than watch the combine and troll.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-27, 12:46

InTenSity wrote:I've got better things to do today rather than watch the combine and troll.

Yeah I can totally see that.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-27, 12:57

InTenSity wrote:How cute. Tdud running to defend vlad's honor.

Vlad is a jackass.
The Dude is a Michigan fan.

They seem to work well together.

Numerous people said good things about Cook. I'm guessing neither mentioned that because...

Vlad is a jackass.
The Dude is a Michigan fan.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-02-27, 13:01

Is Vlad is the Drew Sharp of tSwill
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-27, 13:38

Nordic wrote:Is Vlad is the Drew Sharp of tSwill

Does Drew sharp have you Nancys by the balls too?

Back to cook… The best edge he has over his competition is a three-year long resume of success. I'd take him over the one year flashes in the pan any day.

Hopefully his arm is warmed up now and he can start slinging it like he said he was going to.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-27, 13:38

With less actual sports knowledge.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-27, 13:39

Vlad
Giant Moise
Dude

All in. Who am I missing?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-27, 13:40

DWags wrote:

With less actual sports knowledge.

Good morning Uncle Dwags! Welcome!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-27, 13:50

The_Dude wrote:Duffy showing up on his high horse who woulda thunk it

Did Rudock get invited to Indy ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-27, 16:14

DWags wrote:Vlad
Giant Moise
Dude

Cook was my favorite QB that I ever saw play for MSU. He had swagger and he delivered an elusive Rose Bowl that even Cousins couldn't. He's a straight up winner.

I feel bad for the guy. His college career ended on a sour note due to injury. He probably should have just sat out the rest of the season, but he wanted to lead MSU to a national championship. It was admirable, but in hindsight that we have the luxury of having now, O'Connor should have started. It might not have made a difference against Bama due to our porous defense that day, but may have very well helped Cook heal a little more as he prepared for the draft instead of playing through pain.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-27, 16:26

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:Vlad
Giant Moise
Dude

Cook was my favorite QB that I ever saw play for MSU. He had swagger and he delivered an elusive Rose Bowl that even Cousins couldn't. He's a straight up winner.

I feel bad for the guy. His college career ended on a sour note due to injury. He probably should have just sat out the rest of the season, but he wanted to lead MSU to a national championship. It was admirable, but in hindsight that we have the luxury of having now, O'Connor should have started. It might not have made a difference against Bama due to our porous defense that day, but may have very well helped Cook heal a little more as he prepared for the draft instead of playing through pain.

Tough call for a senior, to play it safe and sit or to go play and keep building the resume. Only he and his inner circle know the extent of the injury.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-02-27, 18:31

I would fully expect Cook to suck at a combine. It is a lot different throwing a ball during drills and having that split second ability to make a decision and then making the throw. Very few guys have that and Cook has it.
Don't know how well it will transfer to the NFL because you have to have pinpoint accuracy as well. But basically I don't GAF about any of this nonsense. Put him in a game and then lets see.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-27, 20:03

Herbie Green wrote:I would fully expect Cook to suck at a combine...

Except he didn't suck.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-02-27, 21:27

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I would fully expect Cook to suck at a combine...

Except he didn't suck.

Good
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-27, 23:05

Vlad wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I've got better things to do today rather than watch the combine and troll.

I'm back now. How was the trolling, bitch? Did you get your dick hard?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-02-28, 07:55

I thought the same thing. Listening to the Big Championship game on the radio, he was high on the longer passes and low on the short passes. Blah ha even mentioned before the last drive that Cook needs to tell MD if he is capable of throwing the ball as he was not on target at all. His shoulder is messed up and he probably needs surgery. He's never been the same since Maryland.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-02-28, 08:00

duffy munn wrote:Something tells me if Cook was looking great early you would not start a thread about that.

Call it a hunch.

Have you read the articles? Sport Illustrated said essentially the same things. Cook was not accurate and it looked like he was trying to feather in some of the passes. He hasn't been the same since he got trucked during the Maryland game. He wasn't accurate at all during the big championship game, which is why we had to run the ball during the final drive. I knew then that if he wasn't 100% Bama was going to stop our offense. Should have pulled him after that interception and went with OConnor in the second half. I will always remember the Rose bowl and Cotton bowl wins, two bowl games you didn't attend. Bwaaaa haaaa. Y
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-02-28, 08:01

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I don't think he is trolling, I think he is just stating the obvious and other writers have stated the same thing. Cook is not 100%.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-02-28, 09:50

Tanfan! wrote:

Call it a hunch.

Have you read the articles? Sport Illustrated said essentially the same things. Cook was not accurate and it looked like he was trying to feather in some of the passes. He hasn't been the same since he got trucked during the Maryland game. He wasn't accurate at all during the big championship game, which is why we had to run the ball during the final drive. I knew then that if he wasn't 100% Bama was going to stop our offense. Should have pulled him after that interception and went with OConnor in the second half. I will always remember the Rose bowl and Cotton bowl wins, two bowl games you didn't attend. Bwaaaa haaaa. Y

You missed the point just so you could stalk duffy (errrr Muffy... hot take). Shocker.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-02-28, 10:23

Nordic wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Have you read the articles? Sport Illustrated said essentially the same things.  Cook was not accurate and it looked like he was trying to feather in some of the passes.  He hasn't been the same since he got trucked during the Maryland game.  He wasn't accurate at all during the big championship game, which is why we had to run the ball during the final drive.  I knew then that if he wasn't 100% Bama was going to stop our offense.  Should have pulled him after that interception and went with OConnor in the second half.  I will always remember the Rose bowl and Cotton bowl wins, two bowl games you didn't attend. Bwaaaa haaaa. Y

You missed the point just so you could stalk duffy (errrr Muffy... hot take). Shocker.

Actually I responded to several posts but Muffy predictably got offended because someone had the gall to point out cook is still not 100%.  The horror!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-28, 10:30

Tanfan! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Actually I responded to several posts but Muffy predictably got offended because someone had the gall to point out cook is still not 100%.  The horror!

Why would that offend me ? The only thing about the shoulder I find misinformed is when people say he needs surgery. If he needed it, he surely would have an the operation by now.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-28, 10:51

Tanfan! wrote:

I thought the same thing. Listening to the Big Championship game on the radio, he was high on the longer passes and low on the short passes. Blah ha even mentioned before the last drive that Cook needs to tell MD if he is capable of throwing the ball as he was not on target at all. His shoulder is messed up and he probably needs surgery. He's never been the same since Maryland.

The pass to Burbridge on 3rd and long during the last drive maybe five human beings in this country can make. It needed to be placed in a foot and a half moving window against the best DB out there that night on the big tens biggest stage with all the chips on the table and the championship and playoffs on the line. That was as cold fucking blooded as it gets. Then, 4th down and two, we have the hotest back and the hottest line in the world going and our coaches gave Cook the option of handing the ball to him or taking it by himself upfield for a first down. Cook kept it in a fucking balls to the wall great real time on field decision for another first down.
Rosebowl, throws the absolute worst interception known to man in the biggest bowl in America of the day. Pick six. Game over. Then, this 19 year old comes out immediately after and surgically destroys Stanford with two minutes left to keep us in the game.

Plenty more real life examples including two of three league championships rose and cotton bowl and a fucking 37-5 record. But for whatever reason we get our board idiots who disregard real life football situations and bring up team votes for captains and fluttering a couple outs yesterday like that shit is mor important to professional GM's who drafted a suspected rapist crab leg thief who advocated fucking her in the ass at the studen Union first last year. The level of stupidity in this thread is epic. If you think Cooks on field resume is lost on people who are paid to find fucking winners your head is so far up your ass it doesn't matter.

Pissed I joined this thread, we all know why it was started. But it's like watching two retarded guys playing chess in a park. After a while you just have to do something.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-02-28, 11:01

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

I thought the same thing.  Listening to the Big Championship game on the radio, he was high on the longer passes and low on the short passes.  Blah ha even mentioned before the last drive that Cook needs to tell MD if he is capable of throwing the ball as he was not on target at all.  His shoulder is messed up and he probably needs surgery.  He's never been the same since Maryland.

The pass to Burbridge on 3rd and long  during the last drive maybe five human beings in this country can make. It needed to be placed in a foot and a half moving window against the best DB out there that night on the big tens biggest stage with all the chips on the table and the championship and playoffs on the line. That was as cold fucking blooded as it gets.  Then, 4th down and two, we have the hotest back and the hottest line in the world going and our coaches gave Cook the option of handing the ball to him or taking it by himself upfield for a first down. Cook kept it in a fucking balls to the wall great real time on field decision for another first down.
Rosebowl, throws the absolute worst interception known  to man in the biggest bowl in America of the day. Pick six. Game over. Then, this 19 year old comes out  immediately after and surgically destroys Stanford with two minutes left to keep us in the game.

Plenty more real life examples including two of three league championships rose and cotton bowl and a fucking 37-5 record. But for whatever reason we get our board idiots who disregard real life football situations and bring up team votes for captains and fluttering a couple outs yesterday like that shit is mor important to  professional GM's who drafted a suspected rapist  crab leg thief who advocated fucking her in the ass at the studen Union first last year. The level of stupidity in this thread is epic.  If you think Cooks on field resume is lost on people who are paid to find fucking winners your head is so far up your ass it doesn't matter.

Pissed I joined this thread, we all know why it was started.  But it's like watching two retarded guys playing chess in a park. After a while you just have to do something.

You sound offended that Cook didn't look 100% at the combine and others who observed it said so.  Nobody in this thread has said anything knocking the guy down.  You are just so full of anger that you can't be objective.

#fwagssoangry.com

Last edited by Tanfan! on 2016-02-28, 11:01; edited 1 time in total
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-28, 11:01

Cook way off target early 502811600

Dwags is like a crack addict. Just can't not take the bait.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-02-28, 11:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Cook way off target early 502811600

cheers sunny sunny sunny
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-28, 11:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Cook way off target early 502811600

Watch who answers me and tell me who the crack heads are. Cook way off target early 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-28, 11:02

I'd have resentment toward MSU fans like DWags does if they didn't help me in a fight against an opposing fan base.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-28, 11:03

Tanfan! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I don't think he is trolling, I think he is just stating the obvious and other writers have stated the same thing. Cook is not 100%.
When there are other MSU players doing well and you focus only on the negative, that's trolling. Personally, I don't really care, instead of watching the combine I was golfing and then had neighbors over for dinner.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next