Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+37
MiamiSpartan
TheReal_LWS
SeeRockCity
Herbie Green
aualum06
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
By-Tor
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
Larry Kazamias
Death Roe
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
tanfan!
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
DWags
SpartanInNH
41 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 10 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-08-22, 23:25

LooseGoose wrote:They must have cooled on him....

Brice Marich ‏@BriceMarich 14m14 minutes ago
Wolverine commit, Springfield (Ohio.) 2018 defensive end Leonard Taylor (@Lenny_T_20) has tweeted out that he's decommitted from #Michigan

Gak - his Twitter feed is nothing but O$U. Rolling Eyes
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 10 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Guest 2016-08-23, 11:19

And another.,....so now 3 decommits in 2 days.

2018 GA OG Jalil Irvin is now Michigan's third decommit in the last two days, joining 2017 DT Aubrey Solomon and 2018 TE/DL Leonard Taylor.

Let's try to take a step back on this. Solomon is a big loss, without question; his initial commitment was a huge surprise and it was always going to be a tough battle to keep the nearby SEC powers, especially Georgia, at bay. I don't think anyone expected Taylor's commitment to stick pretty much from the moment he made it. Irvin is another Georgia prospect who committed very early in the cycle and is seeing his rankings rise.

None of these are all that surprising when taken individually. Having all three occur over the course of two days makes for bad feels and bad headlines, but Michigan will be just fine for both the 2017 and 2018 classes.

LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-24, 07:51

bump..

this thread needs to stay at the top of our MSU community board.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-24, 16:41

UM receiver Mitchell says goodbye on Twitter
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-24, 16:50

Is Harbaugh making Freshmen try out to keep their scholarships?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-24, 17:38

InTenSity wrote:Is Harbaugh making Freshmen try out to keep their scholarships?

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 10 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-25, 06:28

Well, guys, maybe our grand kids or great-grand kids will have a nice run when MSU football becomes relevant again during their times.

Harbaugh Plans To Stay at u of m 20-25 More Years
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-29, 18:02

Jim Harbaugh Offers Some Muddled Thoughts On Colin Kaepernick

Shoots from the hip, walks it back.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-08-29, 18:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:Well, guys, maybe our grand kids or great-grand kids will have a nice run when MSU football becomes relevant again during their times.

Harbaugh Plans To Stay at u of m 20-25 More Years

Let's see how well that works out when they end up in 3rd or 4th place in the B1G East every year.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 18:19

Floyd Robertson wrote:Jim Harbaugh Offers Some Muddled Thoughts On Colin Kaepernick

Shoots from the hip, walks it back.

"misspeaking my true sentiments"

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 10 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-30, 08:12

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-30, 09:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

It was funnier the first time you posted it. - Turtleneck
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-31, 22:23

I have a personal anecdote that Bob will surely love.

I went to Kroger this eve to do the shopping. It's my go to get out of the house errand when the kids are driving me nuts. My wife asked me to get her some Coca Cola Classic. I picked up a 12 pack, among drink yogurts and all that other shit. Went to put the stuff in the back of my car....and I turn the cardboard 12 pack over, and it has a fucking block M on it. I looked closer and it is a special Go Blue 12 pack, with all cans marked with the same ugly letters and symbol. I did not feel comfortable about this. But what was I going to do. I was disgusted but not disgusted enough to take it back to customer service with a receipt, wait in line and ask to exchange it. I decided begrudgingly to just take it home. It didn't feel right, though. Felt like bad karma.

So I went to return my cart inside the store, like I always do because I'm not a cretin. Lo and behold in the entryway, they have a Coke display with 12 packs of assorted Coca Cola products. Bing. I decided I would just grab the 12 pack out of my car, walk into the entry way and swap it out.

I retrieved the 12er out of my car, and brought it to the stack of Coke 12 packs, and went to grab another. Wait. They ALL have the stupid block M/Go Blue on them. Every single fucking one. I asked a cart retriever kid if he cared if I grabbed a Dr. Pepper instead. He told me I had to go to Customer Service.

So I got pissed at this point, and said fuck it and just left the 12 pack I had purchased on the stack of the rest of the cases. Fuck it. Season starts in 2 days. That's some bad karma to bring that shit home with me and have to see it in the garage fridge. I don't want my wife drinking that. It probably tastes like patchouli.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-31, 22:29

Lmao^
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-08-31, 22:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have a personal anecdote that Bob will surely love.

I went to Kroger this eve to do the shopping. It's my go to get out of the house errand when the kids are driving me nuts. My wife asked me to get her some Coca Cola Classic. I picked up a 12 pack, among drink yogurts and all that other shit. Went to put the stuff in the back of my car....and I turn the cardboard 12 pack over, and it has a fucking block M on it. I looked closer and it is a special Go Blue 12 pack, with all cans marked with the same ugly letters and symbol. I did not feel comfortable about this. But what was I going to do. I was disgusted but not disgusted enough to take it back to customer service with a receipt, wait in line and ask to exchange it. I decided begrudgingly to just take it home. It didn't feel right, though. Felt like bad karma.

So I went to return my cart inside the store, like I always do because I'm not a cretin. Lo and behold in the entryway, they have a Coke display with 12 packs of assorted Coca Cola products. Bing. I decided I would just grab the 12 pack out of my car, walk into the entry way and swap it out.

I retrieved the 12er out of my car, and brought it to the stack of Coke 12 packs, and went to grab another. Wait. They ALL have the stupid block M/Go Blue on them. Every single fucking one. I asked a cart retriever kid if he cared if I grabbed a Dr. Pepper instead. He told me I had to go to Customer Service.

So I got pissed at this point, and said fuck it and just left the 12 pack I had purchased on the stack of the rest of the cases. Fuck it. Season starts in 2 days. That's some bad karma to bring that shit home with me and have to see it in the garage fridge. I don't want my wife drinking that. It probably tastes like patchouli.

Holy shit, dude. Respect. Well done.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-08-31, 22:42

worse than the L word WBH...some bad juju there
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 22:45

lol solid decision. To bring that home would have betrayed everything you've lived for.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-31, 22:54

How did Athlon name peppers an all b1g lb, over Bullough?
Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 10 Rbe3itp

Last edited by InTenSity on 2016-08-31, 22:58; edited 1 time in total
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 22:56

InTenSity wrote:How did Athlon name peppers an all b1g lb, over Bullough?

Bullough doesn't have 40 tackles in 2 years. He needs to step it up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-31, 23:03

Maybe he will prove me wrong this year but I don't think Jesus Peppers has the instincts or toughness to play D. I think he'd be better served as a PR/KR/slot WR/3rd down back.

Either way absurd that he is getting the accolades on D. Great athlete. Proven less than nothing as a DB/LB. Media wants a new Woodson really really badly.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-31, 23:17

Sorry to hijack wbh. Were there any MSU cokes?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-08-31, 23:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Maybe he will prove me wrong this year but I don't think Jesus Peppers has the instincts or toughness to play D. I think he'd be better served as a PR/KR/slot WR/3rd down back.

Either way absurd that he is getting the accolades on D. Great athlete. Proven less than nothing as a DB/LB. Media wants a new Woodson really really badly.

How is he not their starting RB?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-31, 23:28

InTenSity wrote:Sorry to hijack wbh. Were there any MSU cokes?

I did not go back to the beverage aisle to look but I'm pretty sure no. I'll be in Kroger at least 2 more times before the weekend is over so I will report back.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-01, 07:46

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-09-01, 09:13

InTenSity wrote:How did Athlon name peppers an all b1g lb, over Bullough?

You can really see the All Big Ten ability shining through in this play.

Watch #5
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-01, 09:32

that's awesome.

And, not only is it awesome that you stuck it to scUM in such an authoritative manner.. but it's awesome you didn't end up bringing a 12 pack of Cokes home with you... that stuff is the devil's water... incredibly high in sugar (high fructose corn syrup) with no nutritional value whatsoever.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-09-01, 10:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Maybe he will prove me wrong this year but I don't think Jesus Peppers has the instincts or toughness to play D. I think he'd be better served as a PR/KR/slot WR/3rd down back.

Tell ya what, I was nervous as hell when he had the ball in his hands. When he was in coverage, not so much.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-01, 11:09

Tim Wakefield wrote:

Tell ya what, I was nervous as hell when he had the ball in his hands. When he was in coverage, not so much.

Yeah, I also have to remember that he was basically a freshman last year. Cover skills are not instinctual, he has to work on them, and you're right, he wasn't that great. I wonder how tall he really is, and will he be able to handle Tight End size? I also think if he shows that his cover skills arent' that great, that we might put our best receivers in the slot or even line them up at tight end to create an advantage in throwing it against him. We can easily throw a Corley next to our tackle, they have to keep following their rules on defense. We'll see what games they play. They'll use his speed to create another rush end, we'll do a lot of bootleg handoffs and such to try to counter that just to get the QB going one way and to check his ahtleticism and not give him a straight target. He's very quick. That said, like you, i'm more nervous when he has the ball in his hands than when he's guarding our tackling.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-02, 20:17

Those dummies just don't know when to shut up.

U-M's LaMarr Woodley: Make 'MSU understand they are little brother'

Former Michigan All-America defensive end LaMarr Woodley defines U-M's resurgence by its aura -- and reclaiming the in-state bragging rights.

"Talking to coach (Jim) Harbaugh and seeing the things that he's been doing around the country, everybody's paying attention to us so it feels like that old Michigan feel, when coach (Bo) Schembechler was here," Woodley said today, recalling conversations with Schembechler during his career from 2003-06. "The whole Michigan feel, getting back to dominating the Big Ten, everybody fearing Michigan, everybody coming here every week thinking they were going to get the best punch in the face. Becoming a big name around the country, putting our name back on the map.

"Making Michigan State understand they are the little brother. It's those kind of things when you think about Michigan getting back to playing Michigan football."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-02, 20:19

Saw that Woodley quote earlier. No doubt he's buoyed by winning the offseason. Thanks, dumbass.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-02, 20:22

The good ole days. Yawn.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-03, 11:39

Game Day's hype package on Michigan/Peppers just showed the majority of his 40 career tackles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-03, 12:44

LooseGoose wrote:Game Day's hype package on Michigan/Peppers just showed the majority of his 40 career tackles.

Lord I want one of our rangers to drill him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-09, 10:48

Couldn't win a big game but is still a GOD to scUM fans.

Remembering Bo: New business bears nickname, memory of U-M football coach

ANN ARBOR, MI - A decade after his death in 2006, Glenn Edward "Bo" Schembechler is being remembered in a specialized shop that bears the iconic phrases and silhouette of the former University of Michigan football coach.

The store known as Bo opened Thursday, Sept. 1 at 333 S. Main St., the latest concept of Underground Printing co-owners Ryan Gregg and Rishi Narayan, who enlisted Schembechler's wife, Cathy, for the venture. The business got a quick response, according to Gregg.

"People immediately walked in after the paper was taken off the door," Gregg said Thursday, Sept. 8. "The feedback was even above and beyond what we expected. We've been blown away."

Opening sales also exceeded expectations, and reinforced the idea of creating a specific shop to memorialize Schembechler. It was an idea the two co-owners had been working on for a few years, and collaborating with Cathy Schembechler, who was married to Schembechler from 1993 until his death in November 2006.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-09, 10:50

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-09-09, 11:01

LooseGoose wrote:Couldn't win a big game but is still a GOD to scUM fans.

ANN ARBOR, MI - A decade after his death in 2006, Glenn Edward "Bo" Schembechler is being remembered in a specialized shop that bears the iconic phrases and silhouette of the former University of Michigan football coach.

The store known as Bo opened Thursday, Sept. 1 at 333 S. Main St., the latest concept of Underground Printing co-owners Ryan Gregg and Rishi Narayan, who enlisted Schembechler's wife, Cathy, for the venture. The business got a quick response, according to Gregg.

"People immediately walked in after the paper was taken off the door," Gregg said Thursday, Sept. 8. "The feedback was even above and beyond what we expected. We've been blown away."

Opening sales also exceeded expectations, and reinforced the idea of creating a specific shop to memorialize Schembechler. It was an idea the two co-owners had been working on for a few years, and collaborating with Cathy Schembechler, who was married to Schembechler from 1993 until his death in November 2006.

Call up to the store.
Talk to whoever answers.
Ask if they carry bowls...
or did they lose them all?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-09, 11:14

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Call up to the store.
Talk to whoever answers.
Ask if they carry bowls...
or did they lose them all?

Record the phone call - possibly win the internet that day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-09, 12:01

gHost Spartan wrote:

I'm not from Michigan so I didn't grow up with all the Bo shit but WTF did this guy do to deserve all this? He didn't even win a natty.

Honestly?   He had a GREAT regular season run in the  70s but did shit in the bowls and after that.

1970 Michigan 9–1 6–1 2nd
1971 Michigan 11–1 8–0 1st L Rose
1972 Michigan 10–1 7–1 T–1st
1973 Michigan 10–0–1 7–0–1 T–1st
1974 Michigan 10–1 7–1 T–1st
1975 Michigan 8–2–2 7–1 2nd L Orange
1976 Michigan 10–2 7–1 T–1st L Rose
1977 Michigan 10–2 7–1 T–1st L Rose
1978 Michigan 10–2 7–1 T–1st L Rose
1979 Michigan 8–4 6–2 3rd L Gator
1980 Michigan 10–2 8–0 1st W Rose

Other than 75 & 79 that's a pretty strong decade.  The next 10 years weren't nearly as good with the exception of 85 & 86.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-09-09, 19:50

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

I'm not from Michigan so I didn't grow up with all the Bo shit but WTF did this guy do to deserve all this? He didn't even win a natty.

Honestly?   He had a GREAT regular season run in the  70s but did shit in the bowls and after that.

1970 Michigan 9–1 6–1 2nd
1971 Michigan 11–1 8–0 1st L Rose
1972 Michigan 10–1 7–1 T–1st
1973 Michigan 10–0–1 7–0–1 T–1st
1974 Michigan 10–1 7–1 T–1st
1975 Michigan 8–2–2 7–1 2nd L Orange
1976 Michigan 10–2 7–1 T–1st L Rose
1977 Michigan 10–2 7–1 T–1st L Rose
1978 Michigan 10–2 7–1 T–1st L Rose
1979 Michigan 8–4 6–2 3rd L Gator
1980 Michigan 10–2 8–0 1st W Rose

Other than 75 & 79 that's a pretty strong decade.  The next 10 years weren't nearly as good with the exception of 85 & 86.

Compare that record with Dantonio's and Dantonio comes out on top. That's probably why the wolvies hate him.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-09-09, 20:59

LooseGoose wrote:Those dummies just don't know when to shut up.

U-M's LaMarr Woodley: Make 'MSU understand they are little brother'

Former Michigan All-America defensive end LaMarr Woodley defines U-M's resurgence by its aura -- and reclaiming the in-state bragging rights.

"Talking to coach (Jim) Harbaugh and seeing the things that he's been doing around the country, everybody's paying attention to us so it feels like that old Michigan feel, when coach (Bo) Schembechler was here," Woodley said today, recalling conversations with Schembechler during his career from 2003-06. "The whole Michigan feel, getting back to dominating the Big Ten, everybody fearing Michigan, everybody coming here every week thinking they were going to get the best punch in the face. Becoming a big name around the country, putting our name back on the map.

"Making Michigan State understand they are the little brother. It's those kind of things when you think about Michigan getting back to playing Michigan football."

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 10 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 10 502811600
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next