Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks

+6
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
tGreenWay
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Dr. Strangelove
10 posters

Go down

In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks Empty In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:23

I know, I know I'm just as surprised as you are.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/107534832-story

GROSSE POINTE FARMS, Mich. (WJBK) - Grosse Pointe South High School students are facing the consequences after school officials discovered pictures displaying the N-word across their stomachs.

In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks Grosse_Pointe_South_students_suspended_f_0_1004466_ver1.0_640_360

What does "N-Word" and blurring out the word ****** really do? I'm sure anyone reading the story just inserts the word "******" into it when they're reading.

Why can't we just call a spade a spade?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks Empty Re: In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:26

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I know, I know I'm just as surprised as you are.

GROSSE POINTE FARMS, Mich. (WJBK) - Grosse Pointe South High School students are facing the consequences after school officials discovered pictures displaying the N-word across their stomachs.

In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks Grosse_Pointe_South_students_suspended_f_0_1004466_ver1.0_640_360

What does "N-Word" and blurring out the word ****** really do? I'm sure anyone reading the story just inserts the word "******" into it when they're reading.

Not children. And since that's an obvious screenshot of a tv report, I can understand why it's blurred. (Also because the FCC insists.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks Empty Re: In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks

Post by The_Dude Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:35

Social media always exposes idiots. No

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:36

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/michigan-teens-pic-racial-slurs-written-bodies-article-1.2565655

In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks Slurs16n-3-web
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:37

The_Dude wrote:Social media always exposes idiots. No

It certainly does.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:40

Home of The_Dude
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:40

tGreenWay wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Social media always exposes idiots. No

It certainly does.

Good luck to these people trying to find a good job...as soon as HR searches them on social media or anything, this will pop up.

I get why the mouth breathers downriver say vile stuff on social media, they work at McDs and have nothing to lose. But these kids being from GP..I assume they are fairly well set up for a good life. Going to be much tougher for them now.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:I know, I know I'm just as surprised as you are.

Not children. And since that's an obvious screenshot of a tv report, I can understand why it's blurred. (Also because the FCC insists.)

FCC does not insist that ****** be censored. Also news broadcasts are a safe harbor in regards to language.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:44

Fuck me Daddy
In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks Trump35

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265 on Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 15:01; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:47

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

FCC does not insist that ****** be censored. Also news broadcasts are a safe harbor in regards to language.

I really don't think that either of those statements are remotely true. But I'm not willing to argue with you on it because I simply don't care about such a ridiculously useless argument about semantics.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 14:56

http://www.dailytech.com/America+Fk+Yeah+Supreme+Court+Axes+FCCs+TV+Obscenity+Rules/article24991.htm

You can scream ****** all you want
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 15:05

Dr. Strangelove wrote:http://www.dailytech.com/America+Fk+Yeah+Supreme+Court+Axes+FCCs+TV+Obscenity+Rules/article24991.htm

You can scream ****** all you want

You can go ahead and do that all you want. Doesn't mean the FCC won't shut your station down afterwards though. This is a really dumb argument to begin with so I'll just leave you with this.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/obscene-indecent-and-profane-broadcasts
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 15:22

For instance, in In re Fox Television Stations, Inc. (1993), the FCC ruled:

Similarly, we cannot deny grant of a waiver based on allegations, even if true, that Murdoch will practice, as he purportedly did under his former ownership of the Post, racist and inflammatory journalism. That is because we are proscribed from interfering with a newspaper’s exercise of freedom of expression. Near v. Minnesota, 283 U.S. 697 (1931). Even if such allegations were directed at WNYW, a broadcast station over whose content we do have a limited role, see, e.g., FCC v. Pacifica Foundation, 438 U.S. 726, 747 (1978), both the First Amendment and Section 326 of the Act forbid us from censoring subject matter and opinions relating to religious beliefs, race or national background, regardless of how offensive they may be, e.g., Thaddeus L. Kowalski, 46 F.C.C.2d 124 (1974), aff’d sub nom. Polish American Congress v. FCC, 520 F.2d 1248 (7th Cir.1975) [holding that broadcast of “Polack jokes" couldn’t be restricted -EV], cert. denied, 424 U.S. 927 (1976), and from curbing expression, outside narrowly defined classes of speech, such as indecency, that does not involve “a clear and present danger of a serious substantive evil that rises far above public inconvenience, annoyance, or unrest.”

So go ahead tell polack jokes or say ******
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 15:24

The_Dude wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It certainly does.

Good luck to these people trying to find a good job...as soon as HR searches them on social media or anything, this will pop up.

I get why the mouth breathers downriver say vile stuff on social media, they work at McDs and have nothing to lose. But these kids being from GP..I assume they are fairly well set up for a good life. Going to be much tougher for them now.
by "tougher" do you mean they'll enjoy their job working for the Trump campaign?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 15:32

The_Dude wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It certainly does.

You're not real quick on nuanced sarcasm, are you?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 15:35

tGreenWay wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You're not real quick on nuanced sarcasm, are you?
In a shocker - Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 17:44

Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks because a resident wrote ****** in marker on herself?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 18:00

xsanguine wrote:Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks because a resident wrote ****** in marker on herself?

Of course, EVERYBODY knows that. They hate the Jews too but let a couple live there.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 18:06

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Grosse Pointe is racist against blacks because a resident wrote ****** in marker on herself?

Of course, EVERYBODY knows that. They hate the Jews too but let a couple live there.

Fair enough.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 22:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

by "tougher" do you mean they'll enjoy their job working for the Trump campaign?

Bob you're a self-proclaimed, anti-government guy so why are you so quick to jump on the played out government elite bandwagon for the next president (Clinton)?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 22:16

I don't get it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down