Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again

+8
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
xsanguine
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again Empty In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-20, 07:59

Africa this time - 170 hostages

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/gunmen-take-170-hostage-radisson-hotel-bamako-mali-n466831
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again Empty Re: In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 08:05

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again Empty Re: In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 08:10

gHost Spartan wrote:But yeah, let's welcome them to our country
jesus wouldn't want us to take in the poor, disenfranchised and downtrodden. That's not what he was about. He was interested in using his name to divide and conquer our fellow man while depriving them of healthcare, certain freedoms and bestowing a heavy-handed government on those less fortunate than us.

also, he wouldn't want us listening to Toto.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-11-20, 08:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
jesus wouldn't want us to take in the poor, disenfranchised and downtrodden. That's not what he was about. He was interested in using his name to divide and conquer our fellow man while depriving them of healthcare, certain freedoms and bestowing a heavy-handed government on those less fortunate than us.

It's funny how you hijack Jesus Christ and use him as a tool. Just like radicals do.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-20, 08:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Jesus was a fag.

Give me the vengeful God of the Jews
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 08:39

For the record, I do not welcome terrorists to our country.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-11-20, 08:42

NigelUno wrote:For the record, I do not welcome terrorists to our country.

Racist.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-11-20, 09:04

They've tried to pull off a Paris style attack.... but they're idiots; They chose Texas. Guys with guns are there. That's exactly why it didn't go anywhere. They'd have to try somewhere like NYC or Chicago where governments have assumed a monopoly over the citizenry and treat them like children by telling them what items they are allowed and not allowed to possess.

If they keep picking places like the Mohammad cartoon drawing contest was held in they're not going to be very successful.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 09:53

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's funny how you hijack Jesus Christ and use him as a tool. Just like radicals do.

Like most would be comics Bob is pretty ballsy in mocking Christians, after they're unlikely to behead him. Any comedian that wants respect needs to give the same treatment to Muhammad, the Koran and Muslims in general.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-20, 10:01

xsanguine wrote:They've tried to pull off a Paris style attack.... but they're idiots; They chose Texas. Guys with guns are there. That's exactly why it didn't go anywhere. They'd have to try somewhere like NYC or Chicago where governments have assumed a monopoly over the citizenry and treat them like children by telling them what items they are allowed and not allowed to possess.

If they keep picking places like the Mohammad cartoon drawing contest was held in they're not going to be very successful.

I don't buy the NRA myth that an armed citizenry makes a place safer. I think the idea that Texans have a lot of guns is the reason keeping it safe is misleading. Texas is not a hot spot for tourism, and has a smaller media profile than New York or Chicago.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-20, 10:02

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Like most would be comics Bob is pretty ballsy in mocking Christians, after they're unlikely to behead him. Any comedian that wants respect needs to give the same treatment to Muhammad, the Koran and Muslims in general.

See... He's not mocking Christians. It's stupid to think he is. He is mocking hypocrites who say one thing and do another.

Or at least that's my interpretation. Maybe that's why I don't hate him with the fire of 1000 suns the way that you do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 10:03

In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again Jesus10
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 10:28

Rocinante wrote:In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again Jesus10

Yeah that's pretty deep - other Nazarenes were well known for bombing their hosts into oblivion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-20, 10:40

There's a difference between Joseph and Mary forgetting to make a fucking hotel reservation and millions of Muslims streaming into Europe and elsewhere.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 10:51

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

There's a difference between Joseph and Mary forgetting to make a fucking hotel reservation and millions of Muslims streaming into Europe and elsewhere.

In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again Captur11
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 10:54

Rocinante wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Again, were there Jews bombing/killing people all over the world for not adhering to their religion? Nope, the Jews were the ones getting killed. Not even a close comparison.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 10:55

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

all religious people are equally disturbed.

though I'm sure you'll disagree - which is fine.. here at tSwill, we support free thought.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 10:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Again, were there Jews bombing/killing people all over the world for not adhering to their religion? Nope, the Jews were the ones getting killed. Not even a close comparison.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/comparing-jewish-refugees-of-the-1930s-with-syrians-today.html?_r=0
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-20, 10:58

Rocinante wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I'm not entirely sure of your point here. Because the United States (led by Democrats at the time) refused to allow refugee Jews in 1939 we're supposed to let in refugee Muslims today?

Look I'm sorry Syria is a shitty place and maybe if Obama hadn't failed so miserably in Middle East it wouldn't be in such a state. But he did and continues to do so. That shouldn't change the equation where we try to absorb more Third Worlders into our nation. We already have a steady supply streaming across our Southern Border.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 10:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

See... He's not mocking Christians. It's stupid to think he is. He is mocking hypocrites who say one thing and do another.
and that's what makes religion so dangerous - it clouds people's judgment.

however, when it's not dangerous, it's entertaining to watch. In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-20, 11:00

Can't remember which radio show I was listening to (it was on a public radio station) and they had a couple of journalists and a former pentagon official.

The gist was of it was ISIS is losing ground to the Kurds in Iraq, started losing ground to Syrian rebels and government forces at a increased rate since the Russians joined the US in bombings so the ISIS response has been to begin to export terror.

Its cheaper than them losing fighters and equipment in the field and as we have seen since last Friday, they can paralyze a major city and put 100's of other cities on a high state of alert with a dozen or less people at very little cost. They planted a bomb on an airplane with the possible help of one ot two suicide bomber on board and maybe a bribe or two at the Egptian airport. Again a very low cost operation that's costs others millions.

The biggest miscalculation ISIS has made was bombing the Russian airliner, planning and following through with the Paris massacre and beheading a Chinese national all within a 10 day period. They have galvanized Western Europe, the US, Russia and China who now all have the combined resources to kill their leaders and make life so uncomfortable for countries harboring ISIS those host countries will start giving them up.

Much like when the pirates off the coast of Africa started costing too many people too much money.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-11-20, 11:02

steveschneider wrote:
xsanguine wrote:They've tried to pull off a Paris style attack.... but they're idiots; They chose Texas. Guys with guns are there. That's exactly why it didn't go anywhere. They'd have to try somewhere like NYC or Chicago where governments have assumed a monopoly over the citizenry and treat them like children by telling them what items they are allowed and not allowed to possess.

I don't buy the NRA myth that an armed citizenry makes a place safer. I think the idea that Texans have a lot of guns is the reason keeping it safe is misleading. Texas is not a hot spot for tourism, and has a smaller media profile than New York or Chicago.

To be clear I don't buy the argument either. I support the freedom to own firearms based on the concept of freedom in and of itself.

My point was, it's much harder to stage a successful Paris-like attack with so many people that carry guns... and it's easier to stage an attack when there is a lack of people with those guns and when the people who are carrying guns need to be notified and then mobilized.
I don't think it's what keeps their crime rate low, though... I've never bought that argument despite my disagreement with a group of people forcibly deciding what others are allowed to possess.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 11:03

maybe if Obama hadn't failed so miserably in Middle East

In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again 502811600

That shouldn't change the equation where we try to absorb more Third Worlders into our nation. We already have a steady supply streaming across our Southern Border.

Which is hurting us... how again?

Keep moving those goal posts.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 11:09

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
I'm not entirely sure of your point here. Because the United States (led by Democrats at the time) refused to allow refugee Jews in 1939 we're supposed to let in refugee Muslims today?

Or we could allow them in and throw them in Concentration Camps like FDR did with the Japanese?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-20, 11:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Or we could allow them in and throw them in Concentration Camps like FDR did with the Japanese?

Its been suggested by the mayor of Roanoak VA.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-20, 11:13

Every single time that someone mentions Democrats or Republicans in a historical context as if it has any kind of bearing on what they are today aside from a mere label I Giggle on the inside. All of you are smart enough to know that it's an irrelevant designation pre 1960 ish, but you do it anyway because, well I don't know, you think it reinforces your point to be deceptive? Regardless. Stop it. Everyone knows it's bullshit. it goes for both sides.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-20, 11:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Every single time that someone mentions Democrats or Republicans in a historical context as if it has any kind of bearing on what they are today aside from a mere label I Giggle on the inside. All of you are smart enough to know that it's an irrelevant designation pre 1960 ish, but you do it anyway because, well I don't know, you think it reinforces your point to be deceptive? Regardless. Stop it. Everyone knows it's bullshit. it goes for both sides.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 11:15

one thing I most certainly appreciate about the fine, patriotic gun-enthusiasts at the NRA is how supportive they are of freedoms.

NRA Defends Stance On Law Allowing Gun Sales to Terror Suspects

because, well, the money of terror suspects is green just like ours is and their freedoms should be supported, as well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-20, 11:16

Rocinante wrote:
maybe if Obama hadn't failed so miserably in Middle East

In a shocker.....Muslim terrorists strike again 502811600

That shouldn't change the equation where we try to absorb more Third Worlders into our nation. We already have a steady supply streaming across our Southern Border.

Which is hurting us... how again?

Middle East and Obama
Failure to support Green Revolution in 2009 in Iran so that he could make a deal with the Mullahs.

Throwing away or victor in Iraq by withdrawing troops and not negotiating a status of forces agreement. On December 14, 2011, in welcoming troops home at Ft. Bragg as he was ending the American presence in Iraq, the president declared “we’re leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq.” It was, the commander-in-chief said, a “moment of success.” A year earlier Vice President Joe Biden put it this way: “I am very optimistic about Iraq. I think it’s going to be one of the great achievements of this administration.”

Yemen - Proclaimed as a success by Obama and country was torn apart in months.

Libya - Pushing out Khaddfy and then let a power vacuum fester.

Egypt - dithering back in forth and then embracing Muslim Brotherhood. Then having to reverse course and support the generals in their coup after the Brotherhood starting acting like the brotherhood.

Syria - refusal to arm rebels. Abandoned redlines. Refusal to establish sanctuaries within Syria and now it's too late.

ISIS - calling them the JV team. Calling them contained.

Israel - Driving a rift between the USA and only democracy in the region.

In regards to the failure of the United States to secure its Southern Border and the non-assimilation and consequences of trying to absorb millions of Third World non English speakers into our society you will never see the light.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-20, 11:17

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Its been suggested by the mayor of Roanoak VA.

Democrat Mayor of Roanoke and member of the Hillary Clinton Leadership team.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-11-20, 11:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Every single time that someone mentions Democrats or Republicans in a historical context as if it has any kind of bearing on what they are today aside from a mere label I Giggle on the inside. All of you are smart enough to know that it's an irrelevant designation pre 1960 ish, but you do it anyway because, well I don't know, you think it reinforces your point to be deceptive? Regardless. Stop it. Everyone knows it's bullshit. it goes for both sides.

I do it because I like shoving a political shiv into the ribs of the sanctimonious
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-20, 11:19

oh, and from Wednesday, November 4th at 9:28 am

LooseGoose wrote:Don't we have a political board for this shit?
more hypocrisy from the right... jesus would be proud.

Want Proof of Hypocrisy? Click Me and Scroll to Post  #7
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-20, 11:22

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I do it because I like shoving a political shiv into the ribs of the sanctimonious

Well it's a lie and you know it is, so you're only shivving yourself. Keep that stuff to conversations with people who aren't smart enough to see through it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-20, 11:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

A closed military base maybe?

Just a thought.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-20, 11:24

xsanguine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

To be clear I don't buy the argument either. I support the freedom to own firearms based on the concept of freedom in and of itself.

My point was, it's much harder to stage a successful Paris-like attack with so many people that carry guns... and it's easier to stage an attack when there is a lack of people with those guns and when the people who are carrying guns need to be notified and then mobilized.
I don't think it's what keeps their crime rate low, though... I've never bought that argument despite my disagreement with a group of people forcibly deciding what others are allowed to possess.

I don't think its any harder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Fort_Hood_shooting

Occurred in Texas of all places, on people with access to guns and trained to use them.

Same with the two police officers that were shot in Brooklyn by that nutter that was upset police brutality. Both had fire arms on them and trained to use them.

Armed or not, its very hard to stave off a sudden attack.

More people die by guns in every three days in the US than the total casualties in Paris on Friday night. I support the 2nd ammendment, but I agree with Bob Costas Sunday Night Football commentary when he said it's time to change the discussion around guns and the gun culture.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 11:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:one thing I most certainly appreciate about the fine, patriotic gun-enthusiasts at the NRA is how supportive they are of freedoms.

NRA Defends Stance On Law Allowing Gun Sales to Terror Suspects

because, well, the money of terror suspects is green just like ours is and their freedoms should be supported, as well.

You are invading my safe space and I feel threatened. Wink

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265 on 2015-11-20, 11:25; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-20, 11:25

All of your examples of Obama's "failures" are so one-sided, short-sighted, and ill-informed, that I was forced to use a number of hyphenated phrases to describe them. I would be happy to debate you on the myriad reasons for instability in the Middle East, but not right now or right here. I'm hungry and I suspect it would be a long back and forth that we would likely never come to an understanding on.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 11:26

Rocinante wrote:All of your examples of Obama's "failures" are so one-sided, short-sighted, and ill-informed, that I was forced to use a number of hyphenated phrases to describe them. I would be happy to debate you on the myriad reasons for instability in the Middle East, but not right now or right here. I'm hungry and I suspect it would be a long back and forth that we would likely never come to an understanding on.

Any chance you get food stamps or government assistance?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 11:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Every single time that someone mentions Democrats or Republicans in a historical context as if it has any kind of bearing on what they are today aside from a mere label I Giggle on the inside. All of you are smart enough to know that it's an irrelevant designation pre 1960 ish, but you do it anyway because, well I don't know, you think it reinforces your point to be deceptive? Regardless. Stop it. Everyone knows it's bullshit. it goes for both sides.

I love this one and see it all the time. The Democrats want to flip the parties so all the nasty shit that's in their history belongs to the Republicans and all the good done by Republicans now belongs to the Dems. Amazing that people fall for that shit. Maybe they need to get JFK to reinstate Sammy Davis's White House invite so they can keep JFK as a Dem?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-20, 11:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh, and from Wednesday, November 4th at 9:28 am

LooseGoose wrote:Don't we have a political board for this shit?
more hypocrisy from the right... jesus would be proud.

Want Proof of Hypocrisy? Click Me and Scroll to Post  #7

Fuck you Bob, I didn't start the thread on the main board.  Move it to the political board and see how much I participate.

Once again you distort reality and seem to think you can fool people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next