Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

+13
Rick Saunders
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:05 am

"One Step Up" for when you feel like everything is going to crap and need something to brighten your day.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song?

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 am

I do not have a favorite Mellencamp song, but GreenWay has a good Mellencamp joke.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:"One Step Up" for when you feel like everything is going to crap and need something to brighten your day.
solid suggestion.. the Tunnel of Love record is underrated in the Springsteen catalog.

One Step Up/Walk Like A Man/Brilliant Disguise is a trifecta of adulthood relationship struggles.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:47 am

Turtleneck wrote:This ode to Springsteen and the power of music may be the feel-good movie of the summer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/movies/this-ode-to-sprinsteen-and-the-power-of-music-may-be-the-feel-good-movie-of-the-summer/2019/08/13/05c1e24a-b953-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html?_view=prod

I laughed.
I cried.
I wet my pants and flooded the theatre because of my gaping pee hole.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:47 am

Is Springsteen still boring in leap years?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:29 pm

"Runnin' Down A Dream"
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Which one is the shortest? I'll pick that one.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:00 pm

Springstein kills it with this one. Always brings down the house.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:22 pm

"Making Love (Out of Nothing At All)"
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:43 pm

The funniest part of this thread is the OP’s title. Like we’re supposed to believe Turtleneck has ever given thought to anything before. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:25 pm

tGreenWay wrote:The funniest part of this thread is the OP’s title. Like we’re supposed to believe Turtleneck has ever given thought to anything before. Rolling Eyes
"Ice Ice Baby"
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:32 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"Runnin' Down A Dream"

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 2 3493939353
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:52 pm

solid list here..

A Music Writer's Top 100 Springsteen Songs
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Does blinded by the light count? Or do we have to give manfred Mann the credit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:14 pm

That list is total bullshit without 57 Channels (And Nothin' On).  By far his best song.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:12 pm

Springsteen only has 101 songs. The 100 on this list plus Glory Days.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:00 pm

I prefer Elmer Fudd’s version of Fire.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I prefer Elmer Fudd’s version of Fire.

Was Springsteen in St. Elmo's Fire?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:34 am

Rolling Stone cover story on the new Springsteen and the ESB record.. a few songs I've heard have the classic E Street Band sonic sound. They were record live, no overdubs.

Bruce refers to the loss of Danny and Clarence.. and how he's the only soul still left living from his first band "The Castilles" - that used to play up and down the shore.

Ghosts, Guitars and the E Street Shuffle

Nigel's thread got me thinking, what is your favorite Springsteen song? - Page 2 R1344_FEA_Bruce_Springsteen_Asecondary

“The loss of Clarence and Danny still echoes every day in my life,” says Springsteen. “I still don’t believe it. I’m like, ‘I’m not gonna see Clarence again? That doesn’t sound quite possible!’ I live with the dead every day at this point in my life. Whether it’s my father or Clarence or Danny, all those people sort of walk alongside you. Their spirit, their energy, their echo continues to resonate in the physical world.… A beautiful part of living is what we’re left by the dead.”

having lost my Mom and Dad in the last handful years (my only sibling died when I was 20), it is an unnerving feeling to look around and wonder who is next.. and try not to look too long in the mirror when thinking it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:55 pm

[tw]1364647459306242050[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:25 am

Turtleneck wrote:Maybe one of these two? Oh, wait, nevermind.

It has finally happened. The universe has fused them together, which makes sense because they are really the same person anyway.

John Mellencamp & Bruce Springsteen, 'Wasted Days'

https://www.npr.org/sections/now-playing/2021/09/29/1041490595/john-mellencamp-bruce-springsteen-wasted-days
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:42 am

"Night Moves".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:35 pm

867-5309 (Jenny)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:29 pm

Is Bruce Springsteen the American Bryan Adams, or is Bryan Adams the Canadian Bruce Springsteen? Discuss.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:44 pm

he's the Rick Astley of Freehold.

oh, and, I Ran (So Far Away).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:55 pm

"Dropkick Me, Jesus, Through The Goalposts of Life"

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:30 pm

I'm deaf so they all sound equally awesome to me... even if a bit repetitive.

Good call on Take the Money and Run above but for my money Bruce did a better job with Livin' in the USA. I'd give him a cheeseburger.

Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:59 am

Margaritaville
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am

Don't You (Forget About Me)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:56 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Margaritaville

Bruce rocked it better in "Cheeseburger in Paradise" (IMHO). Seems like maybe Bruce is obsessed with cheeseburgers.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:19 am

Gimme Three Steps
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:13 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Gimme Three Steps

You got that right.

Think of all the great music Springsteen might have made if he hadn't died in that horrific plane crash. I'd trade Collins any day to get Bruce back.

Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:10 pm

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Total Eclipse of the Heart

I gotta admit... I thought that was Patti Scialfa.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:22 am

Let's Hear It For The Boy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:35 am

Living La Vida Loca
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:40 am

This is my favorite thread.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:58 am

NigelUno wrote:This is my favorite thread.
not familiar with that one.

It must be the b-side of "Take It On The Run".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:27 am

Is Bright Eyes a Springsteen Song?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:25 pm

Disco Inferno
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next