Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

+29
RQA
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
TrapperGus
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
xsanguine
Rocinante
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
Death Roe
Cym Jim
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
Blanch32
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
33 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-12, 11:40

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Since no links were provided I did some quick research. No clue what he's saying about Guantanimo Bay. CNN, Fox, ABC, BBC, and even MSNBC doesn't have shit. And as far as I can tell he's talking about a drone strike in Yemen in 2009. So uh... yeah.  Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 2599972566

Yes that was pretty hard to find coverage....lol...

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 SwZooWl

A strike?   Again pretty hard to use google....the number is higher than 8 by now and rising.   No trials, just killed.

3 were "not" targets...so that excuses the one that was?
Four U.S. citizens killed in Obama drone strikes, but 3 were not intended targets

Mother Jones asks?
The American Teen Whose Death-by-Drone Obama Won't Explain

Note that the Obama administration has asserted a right to kill you with a drone without a trial.   Where's the fucking outrage over that?   And yes I'd be outraged if ANY administration claimed that extra judicial power.
Who are the 8 Americans Killed by Drone Strikes?

You could have just done this in the first place and saved some time. On the scale of "Mexico paying for our wall" to "Obama literally founded ISIS", I'd say that sending US citizens to Guantanimo ranks about at a "Russia hasn't invaded the Ukraine" on the crazy/stupid scale.

As far as the drone strikes, yep, it's pretty shitty. But it was discussed quite a bit... over a year ago. So I don't really get what you're whining about here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 11:48

here is Trump on the mainstream media last night:

“I’ve always said that I would be willing to debate if I’m treated fairly,” Trump told Hannity. “But if the media keeps recording everything I say, word for word, and then playing it back so that everyone in the country hears exactly what I said, I would consider that very, very unfair.”

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-12, 11:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:here is Trump on the mainstream media last night:

“I’ve always said that I would be willing to debate if I’m treated fairly,” Trump told Hannity. “But if the media keeps recording everything I say, word for word, and then playing it back so that everyone in the country hears exactly what I said, I would consider that very, very unfair.”

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 502811600

That can't be the actual quote. Like no fucking way.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-12, 11:53

I'm going to need a link Bob.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 12:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I'm going to need a link Bob.
(it was satirical)

(but, as you know, satire is rooted in accuracy or else it wouldn't be funny)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 12:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-12, 12:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Wink

BOB IS A LIAR!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 12:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote: Wink

BOB IS A LIAR!
sad.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-12, 13:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

BOB IS A LIAR!
sad.

A lot of people are saying that Bob is a terrorist sympathizer. They say he's a total sleazebag. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 13:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
sad.

A lot of people are saying that Bob is a terrorist sympathizer. They say he's a total sleazebag. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.
I am literally a terrorist sympathizer.

and tGreenWay is a co-terrorist sympathizer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-14, 14:00

LooseGoose wrote:I've heard on and on this afternoon about Trump supposedly trying American citizens in Guantanamo Bay.   It's amazing how upset the press seems to be about that.

I'm pretty sure we've already heard more about that than we've heard for the past years about Obama killing American citizens with drones without the benefit of ANY trial.

Which would you choose?   To be erased by drone or tried on an American military base?   Thought so.    

Where's the press braying over the Obama killings?

Yeah, the media is really, really, upset. It's a HUGE story. It's dominating the news. Everybody is still talking about it. Nonstop. 24 hours a day. The media will not leave it alone.

Oh, by the way, I choose neither. Trump once again throws the Constitution under the bus while the self-proclaimed lovers of liberty crowd defends him by pointing fingers at Obama. Nice false choice. You went from respectable to intellectually dishonest overnight.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-16, 20:52

Huge Storm in Louisiana.
Flooding.
People dying.

One President flies over the scene another President golfs on Martha's Vineyard.

Which President gets excoriated in the press for not caring or doing enough?
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Bushatwindow1-1

Which President are there birds chirping?
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Aptopix_obama_vacation__mstainerwashingtontimescom_1

Yep no difference in coverage at all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-08-16, 20:56

LooseGoose wrote:Huge Storm in Louisiana.
Flooding.
People dying.

One President flies over the scene another President golfs on Martha's Vineyard.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Bushatwindow1-1

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Aptopix_obama_vacation__mstainerwashingtontimescom_1

...Still waiting for Obama to react to Milwaukee as well
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-17, 08:08

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-17, 08:47

Flooding.
People dying.

Are you comparing a category 5 hurricane that killed over 1,000 people to the current storm?

Next up, Loose complains that that the media does not spend as much time covering the MHSAA Division 7 football final as it does the Super Bowl.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-17, 08:51

Turtleneck wrote:
Flooding.
People dying.

Are you comparing a category 5 hurricane that killed over 1,000 people to the current storm?

Next up, Loose complains that that the media does not spend as much time covering the MHSAA Division 7 football final as it does the Super Bowl.

My basement leaked pretty bad after this last storm that rolled through. Where's my media coverage? On a side note, I wouldn't mind pistol whipping the guys that poured my basement walls.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-17, 09:00

Sounds like a liberal poured your basement.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-19, 23:17

I've witnessed this exact same type of 'creative editing' from CNN in person while in NYC and I've told the story plenty of times so I won't bore anyone with telling it again. I don't know what sort of bias CNN and company are trying to promote (besides profits), but it's clear there seems to be an agenda that is being pushed that is counter to what is actually occurring.

CNN was forced to air an apology (kind of) over this.

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-19, 23:39

The moment ABC/CBS/NBC started treating their news departments as a part of their entertainment divisions any chance of returning to the good old days of real investigative reporting and news editors with backbone went away.

Its all about advertising and demo's. FoxNews tapped a vein but that group is literally dying off and aging out of key advertiser demo's.

If CNN is angling their coverage its because the suits have decided they want to attract viewers whose demographics more closely match voters less likely to vote for Trump.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-19, 23:43

'Angling' is a very creative word to use in these instances.

'Lying' is what I see but I'd settle for 'deliberately editing footage in order to shape a narrative that is opposite to reality'.

I've also never considered Trump to be a serious voting prospect of mine since the beginning. CNN is usually what I have on TV if I have the TV on. I know practically everything I'm viewing is questionable at best, but I find their format appealing so it's great background noise. I've tried MSNBC and Fox News but could never get into them... so most of my news comes from online sources. So I'm not a Trump voter and still not within CNN's 'demographics'. There's something else that's deciding their attempts to change the reality of what they're supposed to be reporting on, I don't think they're trying to be good samaritans.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 07:50

The speaker at the Dem Convention....

Remember that 'Republican Woman for Clinton': She's a healthcare lobbyist married to a Clinton operative

Sometimes our media can be so incurious.

After Jennifer Pierotti Lim spoke at the Democratic convention last month, the New York Times interviewed her, describing her only as "the founder of the volunteer group Republican Women for Hillary."

Cosmo and the Huffington Post, to their credit, mentioned Lim's employer: the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. None of these publications, in their positive profiles of the Clinton backer, mentioned her occupation: Lobbyist.

A lobbyist for the largest lobbying entity in the country gets on stage to praise a presidential candidate, and her job is basically omitted from descriptions of her. That seems odd.

A final detail that strikes me as relevant: Her husband is an alumnus of the Hillary Clinton campaign, and is a partner in a firm that has pocketed about $20 million from Clinton's campaign and the DNC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 07:57

republicans have he media in their hip pocket and still whine about it...

and they wonder why they can't win national elections - in general, people don't find those who shift responsibility to others and whine all the time appealing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 12:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:republicans have he media in their hip pocket and still whine about it...

and they wonder why they can't win national elections - in general, people don't find those who shift responsibility to others and whine all the time appealing.

Republicans are responsible for the attempt at creating a race war that you see through journalistic malpractice within CNN, NBC (MSNBC), and CBS.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 13:04

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:republicans have he media in their hip pocket and still whine about it...

Republicans are responsible for the attempt at creating a race war that you see through journalistic malpractice within CNN, NBC (MSNBC), and CBS.
I've never seen any media organization support a political candidate the way the mainstream media supports Trump. The fact that Hillary is up and (likely) will win tells us a lot about how strong of a candidate she is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 13:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I've never seen any media organization support a political candidate the way the mainstream media supports Trump. The fact that Hillary is up and (likely) will win tells us a lot about how strong of a candidate she is.

In what ways has cnn, nbc/msnbc and cbs support Donald trump besides the free (yet wholly negative) media coverage?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 13:49

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've never seen any media organization support a political candidate the way the mainstream media supports Trump. The fact that Hillary is up and (likely) will win tells us a lot about how strong of a candidate she is.

In what ways has cnn, nbc/msnbc and cbs support Donald trump besides the free (yet wholly negative) media coverage?
from what I can tell and, granted, I stay away from the mainstream media because a) they're toxic, b) they don't even cover news and c) they skew their stories to a predetermined agenda as supported by the corporate conglomerate structure - however, it's All-Trump-All-The-Time - and they're afraid to be critical of him because they don't want his racist, bigoted, misogynistic knuckle-draggin' followers to come after them.. and they perpetuate the caricature that they and the republicans have carefully crafted of Hillary Clinton.

Again, it's amazing that she's leading in the polls. I'm not sure it will last because America is stupid - but it's pretty impressive that she is currently leading.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 14:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

from what I can tell and, granted, I stay away from the mainstream media because a) they're toxic, b) they don't even cover news and c) they skew their stories to a predetermined agenda as supported by the corporate conglomerate structure - however, it's All-Trump-All-The-Time - and they're afraid to be critical of him because they don't want his racist, bigoted, misogynistic knuckle-draggin' followers to come after them.. and they perpetuate the caricature that they and the republicans have carefully crafted of Hillary Clinton.

Again, it's amazing that she's leading in the polls. I'm not sure it will last because America is stupid - but it's pretty impressive that she is currently leading.

So you don't watch it, but you know that they're all Trump all the time and not critical of him, Bob?

You should check it out again... even just the main stories on the website. I'd have to disagree with you there. But I'm the crazy tin foil hat guy that thinks the old Clinton friend is just a decoy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-08-22, 14:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

So is the candidate "strong" or are the voters "stupid"? I'm sure its just the white voters.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 15:00

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've never seen any media organization support a political candidate the way the mainstream media supports Trump.  The fact that Hillary is up and (likely) will win tells us a lot about how strong of a candidate she is.

Robert J Sakimano wrote:from what I can tell and, granted, I stay away from the mainstream media because a) they're toxic, b) they don't even cover news and c) they skew their stories to a predetermined agenda as supported by the corporate conglomerate structure - however, it's All-Trump-All-The-Time - and they're afraid to be critical of him because they don't want his racist, bigoted, misogynistic knuckle-draggin' followers to come after them.. and they perpetuate the caricature that they and the republicans have carefully crafted of Hillary Clinton.

So is the candidate "strong" or are the voters "stupid"?  I'm sure its just the white voters.
Americans, in general, are incredibly stupid.. next time you're out at the grocery store, just take a look around you.

which enhances my point. she's actually leading, despite the stupidity of the American electorate. It will be interesting to see how it proceeds from here.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

So is the candidate "strong" or are the voters "stupid"?  I'm sure its just the white voters.
Americans, in general, are incredibly stupid.. next time you're out at the grocery store, just take a look around you.

which enhances my point. she's actually leading, despite the stupidity of the American electorate. It will be interesting to see how it proceeds from here.

So she's supported, mainly, by stupid people. Same would be said if Trump was leading in the polls. That's what I'm seeing...?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 15:19

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

So she's supported, mainly, by stupid people. Same would be said if Trump was leading in the polls. That's what I'm seeing...?
America is stupid.

(I hope that's clear enough for you).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-22, 15:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

America is stupid.

(I hope that's clear enough for you).

Trump said something the other day...."If Hillary wins, it's because of fraud." I said... yes, that's true. However, he's forgetting the flip side... if he wins, it's also because of fraud. That's just how government elections work.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-23, 17:16

Damned racists at CNN decided 24 hours later their headline looked bad:
Original
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Screen-Shot-2016-08-21-at-1.15.27-PM-600x192
New
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Screen-Shot-2016-08-23-at-9.00.43-AM-600x129
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-23, 17:17

And where is the media on calling Hills out on her racist allegation that a black veteran made her hide her emails? Racist old white woman to blame it on the black hero.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-23, 22:50

LooseGoose wrote:And where is the media on calling Hills out on her racist allegation that a black veteran made her hide her emails? Racist old white woman to blame it on the black hero.

Because very there is no one outside the FoxNews echo chamber that believes it.

Want to bring up Vince Foster again?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-23, 23:23

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:And where is the media on calling Hills out on her racist allegation that a black veteran made her hide her emails? Racist old white woman to blame it on the black hero.

Because very there is no one outside the FoxNews echo chamber that believes it.

Want to bring up Vince Foster again?

I want to bring up Hot Springs, Arkansas.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-24, 07:53

bump...

remember, Trump can take on ISIS but is afraid of the media. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-24, 09:29

All white means one thing on Mrs Trump and quite another on Hills.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 Cqn1kGqVUAAvcXk
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-24, 10:13

bump..

when will the mean 'ol media leave Trump alone so he can fight ISIS?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 21:29

Of course this would have happened if he had a Hills shirt on.....note it was blurred on the rebroadcast, the original it wasn't.

Roark ‏@Roark__
CNN JUST censored Trump shirt of hero who saved a baby from a hot car! Wouldn't want this to go viral now would we?

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 5 CrOXrcbWYAEmjNK
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next