Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price?

+19
P Rob
SeeRockCity
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
The Pantry
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
Nordic
DWags
tanfan!
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
xsanguine
tGreenWay
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price? Empty Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price?

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-09, 20:24

I've seen a couple around EL in the past week, and while they look nice, I'm not sure if I'd drop $80k-$100k on one. Don't they have a reputation for being a poorly constructed, unreliable car? Or is that a decades old rep that has since been buried?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price? Empty Re: Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price?

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 20:40

I'd rather buy a Tesla. I think those things look bad ass. Same price range, too. And much better for the environment (if that's a thing of yours).

I gave some serious thought to purchasing an Aston Martin until I realized spending that kind of money on a glorified toy is idiotic. In my opinion, of course.... if you like cars and that's your thing it's not idiotic at all. I'm just not a car guy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price? Empty Re: Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price?

Post by Death Roe 2016-07-09, 20:41

Elon Musk sucks, so I will never buy Tesla.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-07-09, 20:42

If you're willing to spend 80-100k on a car I don't think the price is such a big consideration for you. It's not like "man, maybe i should find something reasonable in the 70k range for taking the kids to soccer practice."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-09, 20:45

Car prices are absurd these days. A 2016 Denali is in the 75k range.

My buddy has a Model S. Not sure what he paid or if he watches Harry Potter vehicles while driving. I've only ridden in it once for a very short ride but it was nice.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 20:52

Death Roe wrote:Elon Musk sucks, so I will never buy Tesla.

Serious question cause I don't know much about the guy. What's wrong with Elon Musk?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 21:00

When I lived in NYC I really wanted a mini-coop. I still think those things are bad ass. They don't make as much sense to have in a small town like GR, though.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2016-07-09, 21:06; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-07-09, 21:05

They probably didn't buy it, but they are being leased. So, $700 a month lease payment is cheaper than the $2100 or whatever car payment is. There are a ton of Maserati's down here in Miami, you can tell the difference between those that own and those that lease.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 21:06

InTenSity wrote:They probably didn't buy it, but they are being leased. So, $700 a month lease payment is cheaper than the $2100 or whatever car payment is. There are a ton of Maserati's down here in Miami, you can tell the difference between those that own and those that lease.

How are you able to tell, Intensity?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-09, 21:07

xsanguine wrote:I'd rather buy a Tesla. I think those things look bad ass. Same price range, too. And much better for the environment (if that's a thing of yours).

I gave some serious thought to purchasing an Aston Martin until I realized spending that kind of money on a glorified toy is idiotic. In my opinion, of course.... if you like cars and that's your thing it's not idiotic at all. I'm just not a car guy.

I'd buy the Tesla in a heartbeat over the Maserati. I'm not considering it, I was just wondering since I'd seen a couple around town. I actually think I'll give serious thought to a Model S in a couple of years. I do want to see how the company responds to the one autopilot fatality.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-07-09, 21:09

tGreenWay wrote:I've seen a couple around EL in the past week, and while they look nice, I'm not sure if I'd drop $80k-$100k on one. Don't they have a reputation for being a poorly constructed, unreliable car? Or is that a decades old rep that has since been buried?

I'm partial to Porsche. I suspect people are leasing those vehicles. Great cars. But you don't buy a sports car if you live in a rest belt. If I moved backed to Michigan I would definitely go with an American car and not give a shit. The cool thing about the south is you can buy a nice car with no worries because the weather and roads are favorable toward longevity of the car.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 21:14

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I'd rather buy a Tesla. I think those things look bad ass. Same price range, too. And much better for the environment (if that's a thing of yours).

I'd buy the Tesla in a heartbeat over the Maserati. I'm not considering it, I was just wondering since I'd seen a couple around town. I actually think I'll give serious thought to a Model S in a couple of years. I do want to see how the company responds to the one autopilot fatality.

Yeah that autopilot thing scares the bejeezes out of me. I'll be that old guy in 40 years that will just never trust it.

I had a colleague that got a Tesla model S from our boss as a gift and man that thing was a beautiful vehicle. I can't justify the price until it comes down to around 50 or 60 out the door. The idea of being off the grid even with my vehicle is very tempting.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 21:16

Tanfan! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I've seen a couple around EL in the past week, and while they look nice, I'm not sure if I'd drop $80k-$100k on one. Don't they have a reputation for being a poorly constructed, unreliable car?  Or is that a decades old rep that has since been buried?

I'm partial to Porsche.  I suspect people are leasing those vehicles. Great cars. But you don't buy a sports car if you live in a rest belt.  If I moved backed to Michigan I would definitely go with an American car and not give a shit.  The cool thing about the south is you can buy a nice car with no worries because the weather and roads are favorable toward longevity of the car.

I've read articles that suggest the newest model Corvettes are some of the greatest vehicles ever built. I don't know how true that is but if it's only a slight exaggeration I think if I'm ever in the market for a toy like that, that's my go to.

Porsches are nice, too.

I owned a BMW M5 sedan once for about one year..... my god that thing drove like a dream. I really like the BMW suspension. Turning corners at higher speeds just has a certain feel I enjoy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 21:22

My next car will be a boring ol pickup truck, though.

Anyone got any suggestions on brands? No weird 2500 or 3500 things... fuck that. I'm not trying to put any holes in the ozone layer. It won't be for another year or two.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-09, 21:35

The autopilot for the Tesla is very misinterpreted. I've talked with my buddy and asked tons of questions about that thing, before this happened. It really only works on the highway. It does not see signs. It does not see traffic lights. It's more or less an advanced adaptive cruise control. At least this is my recollection of the conversation. You have to be fully engaged, it is not a true auto pilot by any means. It relies on GPS and sensors to detect traffic around you.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-09, 21:39

tGreenWay wrote:I've seen a couple around EL in the past week, and while they look nice, I'm not sure if I'd drop $80k-$100k on one. Don't they have a reputation for being a poorly constructed, unreliable car? Or is that a decades old rep that has since been buried?

Have a business in Clinton township. It's by St. Louis Church. Old lady drives one to bingo every Thursday night. And I mean like clock work. We chuckle. All these 95 LeBarons and 2006 impalas and the comes the car. Every Thursday night.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-09, 21:40

xsanguine wrote:My next car will be a boring ol pickup truck, though.

Anyone got any suggestions on brands? No weird 2500 or 3500 things... fuck that. I'm not trying to put any holes in the ozone layer. It won't be for another year or two.

Love my Silverado. Got it last year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 21:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The autopilot for the Tesla is very misinterpreted. I've talked with my buddy and asked tons of questions about that thing, before this happened. It really only works on the highway. It does not see signs. It does not see traffic lights. It's more or less an advanced adaptive cruise control. At least this is my recollection of the conversation. You have to be fully engaged, it is not a true auto pilot by any means. It relies on GPS and sensors to detect traffic around you.

Someday they'll get it right once they can get equipment installed in the roadways and signs and lights and all of that. But even then... I just prefer to drive. It'd probably help those selfish jerks who text while driving, though. I'm hoping we can solve that issue. I get so angry at that... I followed someone into a parking lot today and jumped out of my car and got aggressive as all hell towards them when I saw them texting while driving. I don't care if you're doing it at a stop light or whatever... sometimes it's annoying when the light is green and you don't realize it... but at least you're not putting lives at risk. It's the people texting while in motion.... I wish I could pull a citizens arrest. Or the car companies could come up with some sort of device that shuts off your engine when it detects you being a texting idiot.

No offense to those that do it as I'm sure there's plenty on here... but you're making the roadways very dangerous for us all.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-09, 21:42

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:My next car will be a boring ol pickup truck, though.

Love my Silverado. Got it last year.

That's what I've really had my heart set on. I've heard very good things about Toyota Tundras.... I'm not a nationalistic dude by any stretch but something about Toyota turns me off. I won't be buying a Ford, either. It's Chevy or Dodge.... and if someone can talk me into a Tundra maybe that.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-07-09, 21:53

xsanguine wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

I'm partial to Porsche.  I suspect people are leasing those vehicles. Great cars. But you don't buy a sports car if you live in a rest belt.  If I moved backed to Michigan I would definitely go with an American car and not give a shit.  The cool thing about the south is you can buy a nice car with no worries because the weather and roads are favorable toward longevity of the car.

I've read articles that suggest the newest model Corvettes are some of the greatest vehicles ever built. I don't know how true that is but if it's only a slight exaggeration I think if I'm ever in the market for a toy like that, that's my go to.

Porsches are nice, too.

I owned a BMW M5 sedan once for about one year..... my god that thing drove like a dream. I really like the BMW suspension. Turning corners at higher speeds just has a certain feel I enjoy.

I put 220,000 miles on my five series before the transmission blew up. Fun fun fun. Reliable engine. The weather and roads allowed that car to just go and go. Before you go corvette drive the comparable 911. They're about the same price. I have a c 4 all wheel drive. Fastest car I've ever owned.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-09, 22:18

Tanfan! wrote:

I'm partial to Porsche. I suspect people are leasing those vehicles. Great cars. But you don't buy a sports car if you live in a rest belt. If I moved backed to Michigan I would definitely go with an American car and not give a shit. The cool thing about the south is you can buy a nice car with no worries because the weather and roads are favorable toward longevity of the car.

I've never been that big into full-on sports cars, so that's not really a thing for me up here. I did drive a 300ZX turbo back in the mid-80s, but it was just a car that was loaned to me by a family friend anytime I wanted it. If I'm going to drive a ragtop up here, it'll be a classic like a mid-50s T-bird or early 60s Falcon or Comet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-09, 22:21

Wandering even further from the OP, I got upgraded on a rental recently from a Traverse to a Navigator. I'll never have need for something so big, but that was the quietest, most comfortable vehicle I've ever been in, including a couple of luxury sedans and a Rolls. Just a great effing ride.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-09, 22:21

I like my Chevy Traverse LT. Tows my boat, hauls my dogs, hauls my work shit... kids... and I look sexy as fuck in it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-09, 22:25

Nice soccer mom car bro.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-09, 22:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nice soccer mom car bro.

Did I tell you that I can fold up the seats to haul my kids +2 friends? Yes I can.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-09, 22:30

Is there still room for the orange slices?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-09, 22:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is there still room for the orange slices?

Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price? 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-09, 23:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is there still room for the orange slices?

Not a soccer family, but I use discarded orange peels for air fresheners (serious)
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-09, 23:20

My goodness. Buy something with some fucking guts people.

Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price? 00360680-1-610x458
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-09, 23:24

Turtleneck wrote:My goodness. Buy something with some fucking guts people.

Can't haul dogs, can't haul multiples and chics could not see my sexiness in that POS. Hard pass.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-09, 23:30

Dogs love to ride in crew cabs. Plenty of room in the back row, especially if the seats fold flat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-09, 23:36

Every dog is different.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-09, 23:39

To be fair, he did mention the Tundra.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-07-10, 00:17

InTenSity wrote:They probably didn't buy it, but they are being leased. So, $700 a month lease payment is cheaper than the $2100 or whatever car payment is. There are a ton of Maserati's down here in Miami, you can tell the difference between those that own and those that lease.

It's EL... They're Asians driving it
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-10, 00:38

Turtleneck wrote:Dogs love to ride in crew cabs. Plenty of room in the back row, especially if the seats fold flat.

Not if you have two dogs. Try stuffing two 80+ plus animals in a "folded down" crew cab......... wait, you only have one little dog? lolololololololololol
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-10, 01:06

Tanfan! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Porsches are nice, too.

I put 220,000 miles on my five series before the transmission blew up. Fun fun fun. Reliable engine. The weather and roads allowed that car to just go and go. Before you go corvette drive the comparable 911. They're about the same price. I have a c 4 all wheel drive. Fastest car I've ever owned.

I'll have to do that. I've never even driven a Porsche. I loved every BMW I've owned, though. They make a great vehicle. I really want to try out their electric version they have coming out.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-07-10, 01:15

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Dogs love to ride in crew cabs. Plenty of room in the back row, especially if the seats fold flat.

Not if you have two dogs. Try stuffing two 80+ plus animals in a "folded down" crew cab......... wait, you only have one little dog? lolololololololololol

I have two Golden Retrievers. Sorry about your suburban lifestyle.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-10, 01:17

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

It's EL... They're Asians driving it

You'd think, but no. Neither were being driven by people of Asian descent.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-10, 01:25

Someone in the neighborhood had visitors who drove the f-350. It's a massive truck, a huge truck, but I could tell it still wouldn't satisfy my needs. The f-650 is really more suited to my lifestyle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-10, 01:30

BMWs are great. BMW, Jaguar and Kia (cough cough) would probably be the only non-GM cars I would own.  BMWs are tits, comfort and power.

But I'm a Camaro guy (and a Traverse guy).  Mullets, RWDs, 6-speeds...yeah that means you gotta push a clutch... try not to burn out (unless intentional).....Is the Maserati sedan really worth the price? 3493939353

A Porsche seems like a complete shit show to me.  Unless you're 5'6" and Tom Cruise

I (or my wife) will prob get a 5-series when I retire (and a 69/84/95/2013 Z-71).

Right now though, Cadillac for the wife (I dare you to beat their service) and Mom-Van-Grocery-Getter-Dog Hauler-Traverse for me.  I don't GAF.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next