Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick

+14
AnomanderRake
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Herbie Green
GRR Spartan
tanfan!
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
Death Roe
duffy munn
kingstonlake
NigelUno
DWags
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick Empty Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick

Post by DWags 2016-07-10, 20:49

I know, that's pretty specific, but...

Davis’ deal exceeds the guaranteed slotted salary of the 16th pick in the draft. Davis left Michigan State as a freshman, and his three-year deal allows him to reach free agency entering his fourth season.

Previously, Houston Rockets forward Montrezl Harrell had the richest guaranteed deal for an American-born second-round pick at $3.1 million for three years.

The Grizzlies acquired Davis via a trade with the Boston Celtics and had ranked Davis as a mid first-rounder. Memphis has revamped its roster this summer, re-signing Mike Conley Jr. and adding Chandler Parsons, James Ennis and Troy Daniels.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--deyonta-davis--grizzlies-agree-to-three-year---4m-guaranteed-deal-185306456.html
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick Empty Re: Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-10, 20:50

The Dude is a fucking idiot.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick Empty Re: Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick

Post by kingstonlake 2016-07-10, 20:56

Impossible. tDork said his life is ruined.

tDork is tTruth.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-10, 20:58

NigelUno wrote:The Dude is a fucking idiot.

Exactly.

And a uofm guy

And a fucjking recruiting geek

And an awful human being.

I was hoping my tag line for him would catch on. I won't ban him till the fall however. Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-10, 21:00

By the way, sorry For starting this thread but I felt it was needed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-10, 21:00

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:The Dude is a fucking idiot.

Exactly.

And a uofm guy

I was hoping my tag line for him would catch on. I won't ban him till the fall however. Davis signs richest deal ever for a second round American born pick 502811600

It was actually better for Davis not to get drafted late in the 1st Round. Funny how that worked out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-10, 21:02

DWags wrote:By the way, sorry For starting this thread but I felt it was needed.

I was going to start one, but I opened a beer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-10, 21:02

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Exactly.

And a uofm guy

It was actually better for Davis not to get drafted late in the 1st Round. Funny how that worked out.

But typical in that whatever Dude says is ass backwards and upside down

Guys a fucking idiot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-07-10, 21:13

kingstonlake wrote:Impossible. tDork said his life is ruined.

tDork is tTruth.

I don't know man. After agent commission and taxes, DD will be making just about double a middle class income. Or around 500k per year.

tDude
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-07-10, 21:18

It's really taken some of you this long to realize The_Derp is a fucking moron?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-10, 21:26

Death Roe wrote:It's really taken some of you this long to realize The_Derp is a fucking moron?

No, he's a fucking idiot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-10, 21:27

Death Roe wrote:It's really taken some of you this long to realize The_Derp is a fucking moron?

Is it moron or idiot? I think I messed it up.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-10, 21:42

NigelUno wrote:

Is it moron or idiot? I think I messed it up.

Both.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-07-11, 08:48

Initial reactions are typical and only proves the swill is dominated by The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria.

Fact is, the jury is still out whether or not this was a good decision. If making a quick coin was the goal all along, Davis should have played in Europe. What I can say is that he was a bust for Izzo given the first round exit. Rather have had Ahrens or Clark get his minutes. Oh well
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-11, 08:54

Blanch32 wrote:Initial reactions are typical and only proves the swill is dominated by The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria.

Fact is, the jury is still out whether or not this was a good decision. If making a quick coin was the goal all along, Davis should have played in Europe. What I can say is that he was a bust for Izzo given the first round exit. Rather have had Ahrens or Clark get his minutes. Oh well

He just signed a $4 million guaranteed deal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-07-11, 09:01

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Initial reactions are typical and only proves the swill is dominated by The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria.

....and he could have done the same plus 500k to 1m in Europe last year
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-11, 09:02

NigelUno wrote:

What do you think his girlfriends will look like?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-11, 09:03

very proud of this fine, young scholar-athlete and I wish him nothing but the best as he represents MSU.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-11, 09:03

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Imagine how many donuts you could buy for your girlfriend with that kind of money.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-11, 09:09

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

According to...you?

Is $1 million the standard rate for US high school players in Europe?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-07-11, 11:04

NigelUno wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

According to...you?

Look it up. It will give you something to do
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-11, 11:10

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

According to...you?

Look it up. It will give you something to do

You're a fucking idiot moron.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-07-11, 11:12

She sounds fat. Have you met the family yet, playa ?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-07-11, 22:11

Fat chicks Rock
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-11, 22:19

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What do you think his girlfriends will look like?

They will be a lot more attractive than those trying to get noticed by D-League players who don't have guaranteed contracts.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-07-11, 22:50

I missed the whole Dude controversy but I most likely would have agreed with him. I never thought he was ready but I agreed with the decision if he was going to be a guaranteed 1st rounder with guaranteed millions which appeared to be the case.
But take away the first round and those guarantees are taken away. Oh, I know all you experts knew he had this in the bag all along unlike Marcus Taylor and the countless other 2nd rounders that never made it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-11, 22:54

Herbie Green wrote:I missed the whole Dude controversy but I most likely would have agreed with him. I never thought he was ready but I agreed with the decision if he was going to be a guaranteed 1st rounder with guaranteed millions which appeared to be the case.
But take away the first round and those guarantees are taken away. Oh, I know all you experts knew he had this in the bag all along unlike Marcus Taylor and the countless other 2nd rounders that never made it.

If only we could predict the future regarding every situation, ya dumbfuck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-11, 23:07

Herbie Green wrote:I missed the whole Dude controversy but I most likely would have agreed with him. I never thought he was ready but I agreed with the decision if he was going to be a guaranteed 1st rounder with guaranteed millions which appeared to be the case.

I thought he should not have got an agent. I was bummed that he didn't go first round, but we were told that night that he would now have greater negotiating power than some first rounders. At 6'10" he wasn't ruining his life and the dude was a complete dick.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-11, 23:08

The only guarantees taken away were a slotted contract (in the 1st Round). He now has a guaranteed deal that is actually better than he would have had if he had been picked late in the 1st Round. This was pointed out on draft night.

It was cute of you to bring up Marcus Taylor. Any reason you didn't bring up Draymond Green?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-11, 23:11

DWags wrote:

I thought he should not have got an agent. I was bummed that he didn't go first round, but we were told that night that he would now have greater negotiating power than some first rounders. At 6'10" he wasn't ruining his life and the dude was a complete dick.

Weird. The Dude hasn't commented on the contract. He had a lot to say on draft night.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-11, 23:13

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Weird. The Dude hasn't commented on the contract. He had a lot to say on draft night.

Because he's a fucking idiot
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-07-12, 00:12

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I missed the whole Dude controversy but I most likely would have agreed with him.  I never thought he was ready but I agreed with the decision if he was going to be a guaranteed 1st rounder with guaranteed millions which appeared to be the case.
But take away the first round and those guarantees are taken away.  Oh, I know all you experts knew he had this in the bag all along unlike Marcus Taylor and the countless other 2nd rounders that never made it.  

The only guarantees taken away were a slotted contract (in the 1st Round).  He now has a guaranteed deal that is actually better than he would have had if he had been picked late in the 1st Round.  This was pointed out on draft night.  

It was cute of you to bring up Marcus Taylor.  Any reason you didn't bring up Draymond Green?

Or Charlie Bell or Andre Hutson.  Half the guys drafted in the 2nd round don't get NBA contracts.

But I am glad he already got his guartanteed contract signed on draft night. Not sure how i missed that and read about it weeks later. lol
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-07-12, 00:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Excuse me Einstein, but I am actually posting my thoughts in hindsight.

But yeah if he knew he was going to be drafted in the 2nd round it was an absolutely terrible decision. It looks like he got his millions but he wasn't far from working at mickie Ds
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-12, 00:23

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Impossible. tDork said his life is ruined.

tDork is tTruth.

I don't know man. After agent commission and taxes, DD will be making just about double a middle class income. Or around 500k per year.

tDude

Yep, I'm not sure how similar sports and entertainment are (they seem one in the same)... but Bruce Campbell outlines the math in his book If Chins Could Kill and explained that he signed a $500,000 contract to play Brisco County Jr. At the end of the year he calculated he actually made $42,560 after taxes, agents, etc.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-12, 00:35

Herbie Green wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

But yeah if he knew he was going to be drafted in the 2nd round it was an absolutely terrible decision. It looks like he got his millions but he wasn't far from working at mickie Ds

Not at 6'11 and 19 years old and doing what he did at aau and getting reports from Tom Izzo. He was always a lock to make 5-10 million on the low side.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-07-12, 00:58

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Not at 6'11 and 19 years old and doing what he did at aau and getting reports from Tom Izzo. He was always a lock to make 5-10 million on the low side.

Didn't Izzo himself warn us about these "locks"?

He was in a dangerous position, lacking the game or the maturity to make it big in Europe. That's how Marcus ended up making $1200/month for the Davenport River Rats.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-12, 01:02

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

He was in a dangerous position, lacking the game or the maturity to make it big in Europe. That's how Marcus ended up making $1200/month for the Davenport River Rats.

That's a pretty good salary if all you have to do is play a game a few times a week.

Sign me up. I'll gladly play basketball for $1200 a week.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-12, 01:05

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

Don't confuse 6'11" 19 year old with Marcus. Any NBA team would throw 5-10 million at him to develop him. It would be foolish not to. Especially with his aau stuff and a pretty decent season with flashes thrown in. I bet all the teams would have liked him to stay one more year, but he was going to get development money thrown at him no matter what once he declared Imo. Why wouldn't you? Make it his job, get him in the weight room, 5 million for that chance? Why not? Let's hope if he does bust he will do well with the money.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-07-12, 01:15

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Don't confuse 6'11" 19 year old with Marcus. Any NBA team would throw 5-10 million at him to develop him. It would be foolish not to. Especially with his aau stuff and a pretty decent season with flashes thrown in. I bet all the teams would have liked him to stay one more year, but he was going to get development money thrown at him no matter what once he declared Imo. Why wouldn't you? Make it his job, get him in the weight room, 5 million for that chance? Why not? Let's hope if he does bust he will do well with the money.

Honestly, I don't really understand the logic behind paying players that are not yet ready to play. Cheick Diallo and Diamond Stone are a couple of other freshmen bigs and AAU superstars that were drafted in the 2nd round. Do they get their guaranteed millions too? I don't think it is that simple. They might be 50/50 to get cut.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-12, 01:22

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

Honestly, I don't really understand the logic behind paying players that are not yet ready to play. Cheick Diallo and Diamond Stone are a couple of other freshmen bigs and AAU superstars that were drafted in the 2nd round. Do they get their guaranteed millions too? I don't think it is that simple. They might be 50/50 to get cut.

No doubt. The NBA drafts and signs more on potential than most. Maybe the nhl too. But I've long since said shit it's not my money. You can name way more flops than successes. But if your kid gets near 7 feet and you aren't working with him, you're nuts. Then get him an accountant and financial advisor. A 4-6 million dollar gift to get him started in life. If he fucks that up, it's on him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next