Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIAP. The Vallenti Rant ten years ago.

+4
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
DWags
8 posters

Go down

SIAP.  The Vallenti Rant ten years ago. Empty SIAP. The Vallenti Rant ten years ago.

Post by DWags 2016-09-17, 09:07

By now, you swillers probably know that they actually got JLS on the phone yesterday and played the rant for him. He heard it for the first time and had some good and bad things to say about it. But one thing he siad I found interesting.

So, did Valenti get him fired? “He may have, at least contributed to it, again, if that’s your claim to fame, then God bless you. Put that on your headstone as well.”

It was one of the low points of his career, Smith said, but he had no clue about the rant and doesn’t know if any of the players, like Drew Stanton, were aware of it. He said the university president at the time may have been aware because she “listened to the blogs.”

Interesting. I wonder if she did. I do personally know the OSU game was what her tipping point was. Where they had more in the stadium then we did that day. I have no doubt the internet has effected many sports teams in the past decade.

John L. Smith reacts to Mike Valenti.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

SIAP.  The Vallenti Rant ten years ago. Empty Re: SIAP. The Vallenti Rant ten years ago.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-17, 09:51

gHost Spartan wrote:I've never listened to Valenti's rant.

It took me until 2014 to listen to the whole thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

SIAP.  The Vallenti Rant ten years ago. Empty Re: SIAP. The Vallenti Rant ten years ago.

Post by InTenSity 2016-09-17, 10:03

Is it any good?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-09-17, 10:08

Suggesting that Valenti's rant contributed to JLS' firing, in any way, is laughable.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-17, 10:09

InTenSity wrote:Is it any good?

I think it's a good listen now that we've experienced what successful football is like. It's a sobering reminder of just how far down we'd sunk.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-17, 10:28

Clarett's Folly wrote:Suggesting that Valenti's rant contributed to JLS' firing, in any way, is laughable.

The empty stadium against OSU and the general lack of interest did. But internet influence shouldn't be disregarded imo. Whether I think it's right or wrong, I don't think it is a non factor always.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-09-17, 10:49

Clarett's Folly wrote:Suggesting that Valenti's rant contributed to JLS' firing, in any way, is laughable.

This. Any college president, AD or coach that listens to sports talk radio, reads message boards or "blogs" is completely wasting their time.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-17, 13:23

duffy munn wrote:

Well. Just

This. Any college president, AD or coach that listens to sports talk radio, reads message boards or "blogs" is completely wasting their time.

JLS would still be our coach, and dantonio would not, had they not listened to me
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-17, 13:24

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Well. Just

JLS would still be our coach, and dantonio would not, had they not listened to me

Kinda early to be this drunk don't you think?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-17, 13:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Who's drunk? I just finished my yoga
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-17, 13:30

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Who's drunk?  I just finished my yoga

Bath salts then?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-09-17, 13:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Who's drunk?  I just finished my yoga

Bath salts then?

Blanch's sober is approximately equivalent to a regular person's .16. He's handsy, can't spell for shit, and he's got permanent beer goggles.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down