Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife

+4
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
8 posters

Go down

Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife Empty Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-30, 18:21

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/atlanta-attorney-says-gun-his-lap-went-off-striking-his-wife/1pA2ZtJkQI94xnIr9J0zcL/

"...But several blocks later on Piedmont Ave. near the park, the SUV hit a bump and the gun fired, Crane said. It was still wrapped in a plastic Publix bag in which it had been stored, Crane said.

Crane said McIver does not remember firing the gun. He was leaning back in the seat and nodding off when they hit the bump, the gun in his lap, Crane said. Tex McIver was in the SUV’s back seat. Diane McIver was seated in the front passenger seat.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner said she died of a gunshot wound to the back that had passed through the seat."

Suspect

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife Empty Re: Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-30, 18:28

In a plastic publix bag? Really?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife Empty Re: Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-09-30, 18:29

Sounds like a clean shoot to me. Case dismissed.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-30, 18:33

They were so scared of getting carjacked, they got the gun out, but "several" blocks later the husband was falling asleep?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-09-30, 18:48

NigelUno wrote:They were so scared of getting carjacked, they got the gun out, but "several" blocks later the husband was falling asleep?

I'm sure it happened just the way he said it did.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-30, 18:49

This guy needs to hire super defense attorney gHost Spartan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-04, 21:03

Shocked

"Atlanta police: Diane McIver’s fatal shooting case 'more complicated'"

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/atlanta-police-diane-mciver-fatal-shooting-case-more-complicated/Dqd0RuwJndxM8PZLiRRf2O/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-04, 21:08

NigelUno wrote:Shocked

"Atlanta police: Diane McIver’s fatal shooting case 'more complicated'"

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/atlanta-police-diane-mciver-fatal-shooting-case-more-complicated/Dqd0RuwJndxM8PZLiRRf2O/

I doubt anybody saw that coming, especially the wife.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-04, 21:11

McIver is in a real pickle and I wonder if he can escape with his life before the story explodes in the news media.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-04, 21:52

tGreenWay wrote:McIver is in a real pickle and I wonder if he can escape with his life before the story explodes in the news media.

Dammit Greenway! I wanted to make that joke.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-05, 00:57

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:McIver is in a real pickle and I wonder if he can escape with his life before the story explodes in the news media.

Dammit Greenway! I wanted to make that joke.

bom Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-12-21, 13:35

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/arrest-warrants-issued-for-tex-mciver-shooting-his-wife/ZAFjkWsjMupVrD8MHrm5SO/

Involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-27, 14:13

JUST IN: Tex McIver charged with murder

"Atlanta attorney Claud “Tex” McIver was indicted on murder charges Thursday following months of investigation by Fulton County prosecutors convinced the shooting of his wife was no accident.

A Fulton grand jury returned an indictment after several weeks of evidence presentation, District Attorney Paul Howard said in a press release. McIver is charged with malice murder and six other counts in the September 2016 death of Diane McIver."

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-27, 14:17

That was no accident. That was... MURDER!

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-27, 14:19

Looks like the lawyer just became his own favorite client.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-04-27, 17:28

That's why I'm afraid to get a gun. I could see myself doing something stupid like driving with it in my lap (you know...just in case) and hitting a pothole and shooting my dick off.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-27, 19:17

CaptainSlow33 wrote:That's why I'm afraid to get a gun.  I could see myself doing something stupid like driving with it in my lap (you know...just in case) and hitting a pothole and shooting my dick off.  

Atlanta attorney says gun in his lap went off, striking his wife 745918f5e8afc9832b0e1d3505ed027e

You'll shoot your dick off kid!
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down