Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attorney General won’t pursue appeals of charging LAKS regarding Nassar.

5 posters

Go down

Attorney General won’t pursue appeals of charging LAKS regarding Nassar.  Empty Attorney General won’t pursue appeals of charging LAKS regarding Nassar.

Post by DWags 2022-02-15, 09:13

After quite a rebuke by one of the judges, Nesselnclaims she has the goods to pursue charges against LAKS but will drop it.

From one of the judges:

"... Why did the attorney general get involved in a criminal investigation of MSU after Nassar had been sentenced and the civil litigation commenced?" Gleicher wrote of the investigation begun under Republican former Attorney General Bill Schuette. "The historical background supports that the goal was to exact retribution for MSU’s failure to stop Nassar rather than to pursue justice for criminal wrongdoing. Dr. Simon was one of the scapegoats selected to justify that effort."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2022/02/14/nassar-case-simon-michigan-state-appeal-attorney-general-nessel/6793204001/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Attorney General won’t pursue appeals of charging LAKS regarding Nassar.  Empty Re: Attorney General won’t pursue appeals of charging LAKS regarding Nassar.

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-02-15, 09:58

I think anyone with half a lick of sense and no political agenda could see that she was being scapegoated.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Attorney General won’t pursue appeals of charging LAKS regarding Nassar.  Empty Re: Attorney General won’t pursue appeals of charging LAKS regarding Nassar.

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-15, 10:02

DWags wrote:After quite a rebuke by one of the judges, Nesselnclaims she has the goods to pursue charges against LAKS but will drop it.

From one of the judges:

"... Why did the attorney general get involved in a criminal investigation of MSU after Nassar had been sentenced and the civil litigation commenced?" Gleicher wrote of the investigation begun under Republican former Attorney General Bill Schuette. "The historical background supports that the goal was to exact retribution for MSU’s failure to stop Nassar rather than to pursue justice for criminal wrongdoing. Dr. Simon was one of the scapegoats selected to justify that effort."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2022/02/14/nassar-case-simon-michigan-state-appeal-attorney-general-nessel/6793204001/

Funny but the judge already told her she didn't.

That happens at the trial level, appeals are all about legal trial procedures, not evidence.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-02-15, 10:10

Crazy thing is, this is both party's AGs trying to politically cash in on this bullshit.

Nessel couldn't let it drop to keep up her lib cred... Schuette had to start it to get his name in the headlines prior to the Gov run.

We are so fucked.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-15, 10:28

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Crazy thing is, this is both party's AGs trying to politically cash in on this bullshit.

Nessel couldn't let it drop to keep up her lib cred... Schuette had to start it to get his name in the headlines prior to the Gov run.

We are so fucked.

Please allow me to put my tinfoil hat on: she also hasn’t done anything regarding the Anderson case at U of M, While pretty much going to the wall against MSU, deservedly in many cases, but that’s just me and my bias spouting BS
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-15, 10:40

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Crazy thing is, this is both party's AGs trying to politically cash in on this bullshit.

We are so fucked.

I didn’t think anyone would ever unseat the vapid Schuette as the biggest attention sponge in Michigan. Nessel is way worse. She inserts herself into matters where she has no business being.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-15, 10:42

DWags wrote:

We are so fucked.

Please allow me to put my tinfoil hat on: she also hasn’t done anything regarding the Anderson case at U of M, While pretty much going to the wall against MSU, deservedly in many cases, but that’s just me and my bias spouting BS

I was reaching for the tinfoil, too...

Not saying she can't legally justify what she says, but it seems convenient that just as UofM has a few very soft headlines about all its sex scandals she comes out with this attack on the former President of MSU
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-15, 10:46

tGreenWay wrote:

We are so fucked.

I didn’t think anyone would ever unseat the vapid Schuette as the biggest attention sponge in Michigan. Nessel is way worse. She inserts herself into matters where she has no business being.

Haven't noticed her much in anything where she doesn't belong, other than her obsession with MSU, the issue is she isn't where she does belong, aka investigation UofM as a public tax paid for institution.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-15, 10:53

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Haven't noticed her much in anything where she doesn't belong, other than her obsession with MSU, the issue is she isn't where she does belong, aka investigation UofM as a public tax paid for institution.

She’s pretty active on Twitter and will make comments about things happening around the state. For example, she offered up the office of the AG right after the Oxford shooting, then got pissed the next day when no one took her up on the offer, making threats about opening up investigations. That whole area was grieving and she’s melting down because no one was paying her any attention or bowing to her offer. It was disgusting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-15, 11:02

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

She’s pretty active on Twitter and will make comments about things happening around the state. For example, she offered up the office of the AG right after the Oxford shooting, then got pissed the next day when no one took her up on the offer, making threats about opening up investigations. That whole area was grieving and she’s melting down because no one was paying her any attention or bowing to her offer. It was disgusting.

Not to politic this up, it sounds like a certain ex-President ... I agree, not a good look, she should stop doing that ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-15, 11:14

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Not to politic this up, it sounds like a certain ex-President ... I agree, not a good look, she should stop doing that ...

She has issues. Sorry guys, no food or not, someone who aspires to that office isn’t stupid. To pass out at such a public game tells me maybe there’s something going on. And yes I’ve been that drunk before. But not as a school official or someone of status at an important event (wedding banquet etc). Ok pile on about how people will be people, let it go.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-15, 11:32

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

She has issues. Sorry guys, no food or not, someone who aspires to that office isn’t stupid. To pass out at such a public game tells me maybe there’s something going on. And yes I’ve been that drunk before. But not as a school official or someone of status at an important event (wedding banquet etc). Ok pile on about how people will be people, let it go.

Unless of course she was drugged by someone ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down