Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last time pro sports in Detroit were this medciore across the board?

+9
Clarett's Folly
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
P Rob
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
The_Dude
13 posters

Go down

Last time pro sports in Detroit were this medciore across the board? Empty Last time pro sports in Detroit were this medciore across the board?

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:22 am

We have the LOLions, the Tigers are done and need a total rebuild job, Wings have become ultra stale with the young guys not developing, and the Pistons are just plain mediocre with no star players.

Who will win the next championship of the 3? If I had to guess, the Wings, but not for at least several years until they will compete again. They are rebuilding.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Last time pro sports in Detroit were this medciore across the board? Empty Re: Last time pro sports in Detroit were this medciore across the board?

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:24 am

The_Dude wrote:We have the LOLions, the Tigers are done and need a total rebuild job, Wings have become ultra stale with the young guys not developing, and the Pistons are just plain mediocre with no star players.

Who will win the next championship of the 3?  If I had to guess, the Wings, but not for at least several years until they will compete again.   They are rebuilding.

Off the top of my head, 1974 - 1978.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Last time pro sports in Detroit were this medciore across the board? Empty Re: Last time pro sports in Detroit were this medciore across the board?

Post by Death Roe Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:26 am

Another great thread from one of the village idiots.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:27 am

Death Roe wrote:Another great thread from one of the village idiots.

Great insight, as always. Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:29 am

Wings youth is fine. It's the idiots from above retarding their ability to play. For example, signing Steve Ott. WHY?!?
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:30 am

They all need to recruit better.

And the Lions should hire Harbs.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:30 am

P Rob wrote:Wings youth is fine. It's the idiots from above retarding their ability to play. For example, signing Steve Ott. WHY?!?

Kind of agree. Although I will say we are still waiting for Tatar and Nyquist to become better...last year was kind of a bust for both of them.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:31 am

duffy munn wrote:They all need to recruit better.

Well the Lions draft the worst of any NFL franchise ever. Tigers traded away the farm to win, but they failed to win.

Pistons...seems like they are meh with drafting.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:31 am

The Pistons aren't mediocre and will likely finish in the top four in the east this year. Also they have a young improving core that's signed for a long time with the "star" if you will being Andre.

That wouldn't fit with he thread though so we'll just ignore that and move on.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 am

'82 was pretty bad. Only the Tigers had a winning season and it was barely over .500.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:33 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The_Dude wrote:We have the LOLions, the Tigers are done and need a total rebuild job, Wings have become ultra stale with the young guys not developing, and the Pistons are just plain mediocre with no star players.

Who will win the next championship of the 3?  If I had to guess, the Wings, but not for at least several years until they will compete again.   They are rebuilding.

No kidding.

The Wings were in the Darkness with Harkness era.

The Lions were the Lions.

The Pistons were playing at Cobo in front of nobody.

And the Tigers were in total rebuild mode after the players from 68 and 72 all got old at once or retired.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:34 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The Pistons aren't mediocre and will likely finish in the top four in the east this year. Also they have a young improving core that's signed for a long time with the "star" if you will being Andre.

That wouldn't fit with he thread though so we'll just ignore that and move on.

Pistons finished 8th in a pathetic East last year and got swept in the first round.  They are mediocre right now.

Once they finish top 5 in East, then we can agree they are better than mediocre.

I dont consider Drummond a star because his offense isnt good enough.  And with the star treatment in the NBA, if you dont have a 'star' player, you virtually have no shot to win anything.

And unless you are in the half dozen or so NBA cities stars want to go to, you have to draft and develop one.

Last edited by The_Dude on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:34 am

It's not last year anymore the dude.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:35 am

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:They all need to recruit better.

Well the Lions draft the worst of any NFL franchise ever. Tigers traded away the farm to win, but they failed to win.

Pistons...seems like they are meh with drafting.

I thought you didn't follow the Lions ? Didn't you ask just the other day why people are Lions fans ?

As for the draft, are you like Mel Kiper or something ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:37 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It's not last year anymore the dude.

This season is yet to be played out.

I agree though, Pistons should be good enough to avoid the Cavs in the first round and if they can do that, they can make the second round or better.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:42 am

The_Dude wrote:
P Rob wrote:Wings youth is fine. It's the idiots from above retarding their ability to play. For example, signing Steve Ott. WHY?!?

Kind of agree. Although I will say we are still waiting for Tatar and Nyquist to become better...last year was kind of a bust for both of them.

Kind of? Teemu Pulkkinen. Tomas Jurco. Anthony Mantha. Andreas Athanasiou.

All are not being utilized when they should be...instead we get a steady diet of the Glendennings, the Drew Millers and the stupid free agent signings. Oh and the defense is abysmal. Ken Holland is a sack of shit. Worst GM in town by far.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:48 am

The_Dude wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Another great thread from one of the village idiots.

Like your insight on MSU's NFL draft picks?

Last time pro sports in Detroit were this medciore across the board? 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:53 am

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Please bump other thread. This is for Detroit pro sports. TIA
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:55 am

Who will win the next championship of the 3? If I had to guess, the Wings, but not for at least several years until they will compete again. They are rebuilding.

I'm guessing you haven't followed the Pistons in a while.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:57 am

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Your lack of insight has no boundaries.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:06 am

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Watched them all last year.  They were average in a bad conference.

Drummond isnt a star and neither is Reggie Jackson.  Until Drummond can be counted on in the clutch, he will never be a 'star.' Stanley Johnson and Harris have potential, but that remains to be seen. We will also see if the Pistons bench gets better. I like Ellenson as a pick though.

The Pistons should trade Drummond, asap, while they can still get something good for him though.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:08 am

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Are you a vikings or Falcons fans? TIA
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:10 am

The_Dude wrote:The Pistons should trade Drummond, asap, while they can still get something good for him though.

Amazing that you think he sucks but also believe actual NBA GMs will give up quality assets for him because they lack your insight into the game.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:12 am

The_Dude wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Watched them all last year. They were average in a bad conference.

Drummond isnt a stat and neither is Reggie Jackson. Until Drummond can be counted on in the clutch, he will never be a 'star.'

The Pistons should trade him, asap, while they can still get something good for him.

They would never get value for him.
Dre may not be a star in the sense of a Kobe, Lebron, Curry but, in typical Pistons fashion, this team is setting up as being a starless more complete starting 5 than any other team in the league (save the ridiculousness of Golden State). Reggie's game is fucking beautiful and KCP could blow up.
I get the premise of your post but the Pistons are going to be fun to watch for the next 2-3 years.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:14 am

LooseGoose wrote:
The_Dude wrote:The Pistons should trade Drummond, asap, while they can still get something good for him though.

Amazing that you think he sucks but also believe actual NBA GMs will give up quality assets for him because they lack your insight into the game.

I dont think he sucks. Just dont believe you can build a winner around him, he cant even play during crunch time because of his free throw shooting.

And NBA GMs, for the most part, are huge dumbasses.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:18 am

The_Dude wrote:And NBA GMs, for the most part, are huge dumbasses.

Mirror.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:19 am

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Are you a vikings or Falcons fans? TIA

Thought this was a Detroit pro sports/Dude lack of insight thread.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Watched them all last year. They were average in a bad conference.

Drummond isnt a stat and neither is Reggie Jackson. Until Drummond can be counted on in the clutch, he will never be a 'star.'

The Pistons should trade him, asap, while they can still get something good for him.

but, in typical Pistons fashion, this team is setting up as being a starless more complete starting 5 than any other team in the league (save the ridiculousness of Golden State). Reggie's game is fucking beautiful and KCP could blow up.
I get the premise of your post but the Pistons are going to be fun to watch for the next 2-3 years.

The league is not interested in complete teams. It is all about start power. No marketable star - no way you make it thru the playoffs. That is not the payday the NBA wants in the final rounds.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Lebowski you are so fucking wrong about the pistons and I can't wait until they prove you wrong.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Tigers with Ralph Houk, Dead Wings, Liedowns, and the sad Pistons with, as someone else said, nobody watching.
Basically, right in the wheelhouse of my teen years when I was paying te attention to all the pro sports.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Lebowski you are so fucking wrong about the pistons and I can't wait until they prove you wrong.

What exactly am I wrong about? I think they are an average team in a bad conference. I think they are a playoff team again this year. Need to finish better than 8th. And I need to see free throw improvement from Andre and a better bench before I start saying they are a top 4-5 seed. I hope so because the Wings aren't fun to watch.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Derp
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Nice spelling of "Mediocre," tDipshit.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Death Roe wrote:Nice spelling of "Mediocre," tDipshit.

Sick burn
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Yeah because you're just made of golden material.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:35 pm

Until the past few years I think the correct answer is most of the time.

The Tigers sucked from 1970 until 2005 - excluding 1972, 1984 & 1987
The Wings were bad the mid 1960's thru 1986
The Pistons from mid 1960's thru mid 1980's, and almost all of the 1990's
and the Lions have never NOT sucked for over 50 years

So the better question is when haven't they sucked

Last edited by Wally Fairway on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the NOT in my LIons comment)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:Until the past few years I think the correct answer is most of the time.

The Tigers sucked from 1970 until 2005 - excluding 1972, 1984 & 1987
The Wings were bad the mid 1960's thru 1986
The Pistons from mid 1960's thru mid 1980's, and almost all of the 1990's
and the Lions have never sucked for over 50 years

So the better question is when haven't they sucked

The Tigers were 60-49 in the '81 strike season.  ;-) But overall that's a sad commentary on my life as a sports fan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Death Roe wrote:Yeah because you're just made of golden material.

People are having a legit convo and your first three responses so far are 'derp', a spelling nazi comment, and then this. Keep up the good work.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down