Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"...

+8
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
DWags
NigelUno
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
12 posters

Go down

Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"... Empty Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"...

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-05, 15:24

Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"... 109903641_8

me too..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"... Empty Re: Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"...

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-05, 16:16

Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"... Anigif_enhanced-mid-7818-1432201062-12
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"... Empty Re: Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"...

Post by Guest 2016-10-05, 19:45

So for the record Bob's position is that people should pay taxes they don't owe.

Wonder if he walks the walk or just blows hard on here? Anyone willing to wager on him?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-05, 19:50

Sometimes you are a straight up idiot, Loose. You are clearly missing the point on purpose, or maybe you are genuinely just not bright enough to see the obvious problem between the theme of Trump's campaign and the tax issue. My guess is, since you're all in for Donald, which is incredibly disappointing, it is the former.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-05, 19:53

What's the point I'm missing darling?

Donald lost money - he was able to use those losses to offset taxes.
Businesses do that by the millions all over the US every year.
Of course Hills didn't do that she got her money the old fashioned way, by being a corrupt politician.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-05, 20:36

LooseGoose wrote:What's the point I'm missing darling?

Of course Hills didn't do that she got her money the old fashioned way, by being a corrupt politician.

Loose says he is not supporting Trump, yet he can no longer find a bad thing to say about Trump. Loose spends his entire day defending and protecting Trump, but says he "detests" the man. Sounds reasonable...

Anyway, this is not about what other businesses do. This is about Trump's rhetoric and the themes that have defined his campaign versus the potential reality of Trump not paying taxes.

1. What is the purpose of government? At a minimum it is to protect life and property. While some assign government a greater purpose, there is broad agreement that government is, at the very least, necessary for the protection of life and property. Now that we have that out the way, we can talk about Trump. Trump has a vast collection of properties, and he depends on the government to help protect those properties. Yet Trump does not pay for that protection like we pay for the protection of lives and property. He depends on our tax dollars to pay for his protection.

2. Trump's properties often rely on tax incentives or other government incentives for developers, and he has admitted to donating to both Ds and Rs to gain inside access. So, while the rest of us are paying our taxes, Trump is adding to government debt and corrupting politics without having to pay back into the system.

3. Trump is the self proclaimed law and order candidate. He often talks about our failing cities. He also talks about ineffective government agencies (like the VA) and our crumbling infrastructure. Yet he is not helping to make any of this better by paying back into the system. City police and local governments - most government agencies at all levels - cite budget shortfalls as to why they under-serve their constituents. Again, he complains about their performance but does not pay his fair share.

4. Overall, Trump positions himself as the savior of the working and middle class, but not paying taxes makes him an exploiter of the working and middle class. Trump is free-riding those who do pay their taxes. This is what really undermines his position as savior. He has made a career out of exploiting people. So excuse me if I think the image he has crafted - the blue collar billionaire - is absolute horseshit.

This is not about paying more taxes than you are obligated to. This is not about other businesses or people doing the same thing. Trump actually did nothing wrong. However, and this is the key part you need to pay attention to, Trump is running around saying America is no longer great when he apparently stopped contributing to America quite some time ago. It is a bit hypocritical to complain about all of government's problems when you have not done a thing to try to make government better. It is something more than hypocritical to say "I alone can fix it" when you played a role in creating the problem.

Sorry this could not be put into the form of a meme. I am sure your pro-Trump website has a pretty solid rebuttal you can use as a response.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-05, 20:45

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:What's the point I'm missing darling?

Loose says he is not supporting Trump, yet he can no longer find a bad thing to say about Trump. Loose spends his entire day defending and protecting Trump, but says he "detests" the man. Sounds reasonable...

Anyway, this is not about what other businesses do. This is about Trump's rhetoric and the themes that have defined his campaign versus the potential reality of Trump not paying taxes.

1. What is the purpose of government? At a minimum it is to protect life and property. While some assign government a greater purpose, there is broad agreement that government is, at the very least, necessary for the protection of life and property. Now that we have that out the way, we can talk about Trump. Trump has a vast collection of properties, and he depends on the government to help protect those properties. Yet Trump does not pay for that protection like we pay for the protection of lives and property. He depends on our tax dollars to pay for his protection.

2. Trump's properties often rely on tax incentives or other government incentives for developers, and he has admitted to donating to both Ds and Rs to gain inside access. So, while the rest of us are paying our taxes, Trump is adding to government debt and corrupting politics without having to pay back into the system.

3. Trump is the self proclaimed law and order candidate. He often talks about our failing cities. He also talks about ineffective government agencies (like the VA) and our crumbling infrastructure. Yet he is not helping to make any of this better by paying back into the system. City police and local governments - most government agencies at all levels - cite budget shortfalls as to why they under-serve their constituents. Again, he complains about their performance but does not pay his fair share.

4. Overall, Trump positions himself as the savior of the working and middle class, but not paying taxes makes him an exploiter of the working and middle class. Trump is free-riding those who do pay their taxes. This is what really undermines his position as savior. He has made a career out of exploiting people. So excuse me if I think the image he has crafted - the blue collar billionaire - is absolute horseshit.

This is not about paying more taxes than you are obligated to. This is not about other businesses or people doing the same thing. Trump actually did nothing wrong. However, and this is the key part you need to pay attention to, Trump is running around saying America is no longer great when he apparently stopped contributing to America quite some time ago. It is a bit hypocritical to complain about all of government's problems when you have not done a thing to try to make government better. It is something more than hypocritical to say "I alone can fix it" when you played a role in creating the problem.

Sorry this could not be put into the form of a meme. I am sure your pro-Trump website has a pretty solid rebuttal you can use as a response.

I think Goose has a polar opposite on his hands.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-06, 07:48

LooseGoose wrote:So for the record Bob's position is that people should pay taxes they don't owe.

Wonder if he walks the walk or just blows hard on here? Anyone willing to wager on him?
that you support someone who doesn't support the police, the fire, the military, schools (though I know it's important to you to keep people.. especially women.. uneducated), etc isn't surprising.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-05-07, 20:07

I think this is a record...

Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-07, 20:25

That’s not so bad. Seems like pocket change for tSwill crowd. #ballers
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-05-07, 20:27

Turtleneck wrote:That’s not so bad. Seems like pocket change for tSwill crowd. #ballers

Pocket change > - $1,000,000,000
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-07, 21:18

I guess I wish I could lose a billion in a decade and still be viable. I mean, on the one hand he's obviously an idiot business man, but on the other hand, he sure kept going. I'd be in a fetal position on my childhood kitchen floor just mumbling "Mamamamamamamamamamamamam"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-05-07, 21:22

The wealthy are playing a totally different game than the rest of us.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-05-07, 21:23

And by "the wealthy," I mean Fred Trump, whose immense wealth was able to cover his fuck up son's ass for hundreds of millions of dollars.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-07, 21:28

Cameron wrote:And by "the wealthy," I mean Fred Trump, whose immense wealth was able to cover his fuck up son's ass for hundreds of millions of dollars.
wasn't the racist bigoted christian sexual predators daddy a white supremacist, as well??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-07, 22:56

DWags wrote:I guess I wish I could lose a billion in a decade and still be viable. I mean, on the one hand he's obviously an idiot business man, but on the other hand, he sure kept going. I'd be in a fetal position on my childhood kitchen floor just mumbling "Mamamamamamamamamamamamam"

Who let this guy in the front door?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-07, 23:51

Amazon paid $0 in taxes last year.

Trump is a clown show, and that’s fine and all and will pass in maybe 2 years, but we should really focus on the real problem, which is that our rich benefactors are fucking the system everyday and we don’t give a shit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-08, 00:47

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:I guess I wish I could lose a billion in a decade and still be viable. I mean, on the one hand he's obviously an idiot business man, but on the other hand, he sure kept going. I'd be in a fetal position on my childhood kitchen floor just mumbling "Mamamamamamamamamamamamam"

Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"... 1966794946
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-08, 08:56

NigelUno wrote:I think this is a record...

Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
I suspect the christians are going to be upset that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator lied about how rich he was..

right??

I mean.. don't christians frown upon bearing false witness??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-08, 09:26

Turtleneck wrote:

Remember in 2012 When the GOP Called the Bad People Who Didn't Pay Taxes "Takers"... 502811600

But my mom still lives in the same damn house I was raised in since 2nd grade. Never moved. It's gonna be 50 years next year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-10-16, 07:34

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies?utm_content=bufferba292&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer#169131
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-01, 10:10

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/less-than-zero-taxes-being-paid-by-top-55-u-s-firms/

WASHINGTON—In further evidence of how lobbyists, dark money, and campaign contributions have given the corporate class outsize clout in the Nation’s Capital, a recent report by a non-profit think tank reveals 55 of the largest firms in the U.S. paid, combined, less than zero in federal income taxes in 2020.

As a matter of fact, past tax breaks—including Trump expansion of one to carry forward losses, many of which are only on paper—let the firms collect a combined $3.5 billion in tax refunds that year. And 26 of the 55 were able to escape taxes every year since Congress passed the 2017 Trump-GOP tax cut for corporations and the rich, starting with their 2018 tax year.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-09-01, 10:39

Eat the rich
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-01, 10:48

TrapperGus wrote:https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/less-than-zero-taxes-being-paid-by-top-55-u-s-firms/

WASHINGTON—In further evidence of how lobbyists, dark money, and campaign contributions have given the corporate class outsize clout in the Nation’s Capital, a recent report by a non-profit think tank reveals 55 of the largest firms in the U.S. paid, combined, less than zero in federal income taxes in 2020.

As a matter of fact, past tax breaks—including Trump expansion of one to carry forward losses, many of which are only on paper—let the firms collect a combined $3.5 billion in tax refunds that year. And 26 of the 55 were able to escape taxes every year since Congress passed the 2017 Trump-GOP tax cut for corporations and the rich, starting with their 2018 tax year.

This guy’s a commie!!!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-01, 12:54

How is it okay for corporations which receive huge benefits from our system of government and laws not to pay for any of it?
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-09-01, 13:05

All that taker crap was before the GOP majority bum rushed the 2017 Tax Act thru the US Senate and the same GOP majority Senate started the whole sale appointment of “conservative” Federal Judges to lifetime appointments.  

WITH  the Trump appointing 3 members to the SCOTUS including replacing RVG with a very conservative with justices that are 54, 56 and 49 years old, the corporations are firmly entrenched for at least 2 generations.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2021-09-02, 12:00; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-01, 19:27

GRR Spartan wrote:All that taker crap was before the GOP majority bum rushed the 2017 Tax Act thru the US Senate and the same GOP majority Senate stated the whole sale appointment of “conservative” Federal Judges to lifetime appointments.  

WITH  the Trump appointing 3 members to the SCOTUS including replacing RVG with a very conservative with justices that are 54, 56 and 49 years old, the corporations are firmly entrenched for at least 2 generations.

Based on the courts lack of action today we are looking at coat hanger abortions once again.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down