Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen.....

+6
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
GRR Spartan
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... Empty I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen.....

Post by Guest 2017-09-13, 11:39

....and mocked me for even saying it would. As usual you were wrong.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Attack Jefferson Statue At University Of Virginia

On Tuesday night in Charlottesville at the University of Virginia, which was founded by Thomas Jefferson, roughly 100 students, faculty and local residents assaulted the statue of Jefferson on the campus rotunda, covering it with a black shroud, hanging a banner on it that read “Black Lives Matter” and “F**k White Supremacy,” and holding a sign reading “Thomas Jefferson is a racist and a rapist.”

Meanwhile, the crowd chanted, “No Trump, No KKK, no racist UVa” and “What do we want? Justice! When do we want it? Now!”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... Empty Re: I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen.....

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-13, 11:47

Trump named Jeff Sessions as his AG. The same guy who couldn't get confirmed as a Federal Judge because of his history in Alabama is now directing the DOJ.

Trump defended the tiki torch marchers who were chanting anti-semetic and anti-minority slogans. Some from WW2.

There is a school of thought that applies laws of science to politics.

This is Newton's 3rd law.
For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... Empty Re: I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen.....

Post by DWags 2017-09-13, 12:15

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump named Jeff Sessions as his AG. The same guy who couldn't get confirmed as a Federal Judge because of his history in Alabama is now directing the DOJ.

Trump defended the tiki torch marchers who were chanting anti-semetic and anti-minority slogans. Some from WW2.

There is a school of thought that applies laws of science to politics.

This is Newton's 3rd law.
For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.

His defense of racists will always be left out of articles written by alt right racists.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-13, 12:22

I'm outraged. Rolling Eyes

meanwhile, the sexual predator defends as terror attack by his white supremacist supporters at UVA..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-13, 12:41

lol, I see no one wants to discuss the statue issue. I'm sorry you were all so totally wrong about the idiocy of your allies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-13, 12:59

Did they tear down the statue?

Speaking of the statue "issue"...how do you know who damaged that Lincoln statue in Chicago?

You never answered that question.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-13, 12:59

There's never a "discussion" with the Right to Life champion, low tax, climate change denying Sage of Mio.

Threads you start often end with you calling people offensive names and you dropping a masturbating emoticon bomb.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-13, 13:11

LooseGoose wrote:lol, I see no one wants to discuss the statue issue.   I'm sorry you were all so totally wrong about the idiocy of your allies.
if it makes you feel better, I'm sorry that those mean people attacked a statue.

Maybe you can organize a candlelight vigil... or a folk concert in the park.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-13, 13:19

I'll bet Mr. Jefferson stood his ground. Too bad he wasn't armed. #StatueLivesMatter
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-13, 13:26

I'm sorry I'm confused.... what is it that they want to do to the statue?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-13, 13:26

RIP to the statue.  

#NeverForget

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-13, 14:06

LooseGoose wrote:lol, I see no one wants to discuss the statue issue.   I'm sorry you were all so totally wrong about the idiocy of your allies.

Where was this pointed out and who said it wouldn't happen?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-13, 14:53

DWags wrote:

Where was this pointed out and who said it wouldn't happen?

I think I inferred the Washington Monument wouldn't come down. Maybe Goose is confused.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-13, 15:02

I saw a clip of the white people on Fox News whining about mean 'ol liberals wanting to tear down the 9/11 monuments the way they want to tear down monuments to Confederate leaders..

because, you know, the folks on board Flight 93 were basically slave owners.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-13, 15:57

I think goose is referring to turtlenecks anti slippery slope argument.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-13, 20:09

LooseGoose wrote:....and mocked me for even saying it would.   As usual you were wrong.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Attack Jefferson Statue At University Of Virginia

On Tuesday night in Charlottesville at the University of Virginia, which was founded by Thomas Jefferson, roughly 100 students, faculty and local residents assaulted the statue of Jefferson on the campus rotunda, covering it with a black shroud, hanging a banner on it that read “Black Lives Matter” and “F**k White Supremacy,” and holding a sign reading “Thomas Jefferson is a racist and a rapist.”

Meanwhile, the crowd chanted, “No Trump, No KKK, no racist UVa” and “What do we want? Justice! When do we want it? Now!”

1) Did they attack the statue or just hang a banner on the statue? I guess to me the statue was not attacked if it was not vandalized, and hanging a banner on something is a pretty broad interpretation of vandalism.

2) If we started bumping all of the times you were wrong, we could probably fill the entire first page of tBin.

3) I am not now, nor will I ever be, impressed with your otherwise limited knowledge of politics and history. You are good at repeating what you hear and read elsewhere, you are good with dates and times of events, but you have the analytical capacity of a dead carp.

4) You seem #triggered over statues. It's pretty funny.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-13, 20:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think goose is referring to turtlenecks anti slippery slope argument.

I thought we established turtleneck as not being smart? Now he's smart again? Fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-13, 20:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think goose is referring to turtlenecks anti slippery slope argument.

I do not think I made such an argument.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-13, 20:33

LooseGoose wrote:lol, I see no one wants to discuss the statue issue. I'm sorry you were all so totally wrong about the idiocy of your allies.

Coming from a guy who doesn't think women can think for themselves and make decisons about their bodies, blind allegiance to the pathological liar and war wimp in the White House is no surprise.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-13, 20:34

Turtleneck wrote:
4) You seem #triggered over statues. It's pretty funny.

No, it's the Stalinist revision of history that seems to bother me much more than others here.

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... Qo51abba2c
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-13, 21:04

Who is revising history? What did the group that put a blanket over a statue want exactly?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-13, 21:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Who is revising history? What did the group that put a blanket over a statue want exactly?

For the statue to stay warm.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-13, 22:07

Is Goose here still discussing the statue "issue" or did he disappear?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-16, 12:00

Now it's Francis Scott Key.......tell me again how the slope isn't slippery?

Vandals Target ‘Racist’ Star Spangled Banner Statue

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... Key-2

Even America’s national anthem is now being attacked as racist.

A monument to the author of “The Star Spangled Banner,” Francis Scott Key, was vandalized this week in Baltimore, apparently because Key owned slaves.

The words “Racist Anthem” were written on the monument in black paint and much of the rest of the monument covered in red paint, The Baltimore Sun reported. Key wrote the Banner during the siege of Baltimore in the midst of the War of 1812.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 12:10

Have you given any thought to your side not making a huge issue of fuckin confederate statues that actually creates the slippery slope?

If your white supremacist buds were like "yo, all right. Take it down." Then there's no national issue about fuckin statues.

Also it's some spray paint. Calm down Nancy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-16, 12:27

LooseGoose wrote:Now it's Francis Scott Key.......tell me again how the slope isn't slippery?

Even America’s national anthem is now being attacked as racist.

A monument to the author of “The Star Spangled Banner,” Francis Scott Key, was vandalized this week in Baltimore, apparently because Key owned slaves.

The words “Racist Anthem” were written on the monument in black paint and much of the rest of the monument covered in red paint, The Baltimore Sun reported. Key wrote the Banner during the siege of Baltimore in the midst of the War of 1812.

I'm glad you've found an "issue" to spend your time with.

Really. It's awesome. Happy for you.

It would be great if you had any (or the same level of) disdain for the white supremacists in Charlottesville.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-16, 13:53

You expect a Trump supporter to question their authoritarian hero?

No outrage about white guys killing Muslims in Overland Patk KS or the murders at the Sikh Temple in WI or the murder of the young man who interrupted a white supremacist while he went off on two women riding public transportation.

But statues!!!'
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-16, 16:35

#StatueLivesMatter
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-16, 16:57

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Now it's Francis Scott Key.......tell me again how the slope isn't slippery?

Really. It's awesome. Happy for you.

It would be great if you had any (or the same level of) disdain for the white supremacists in Charlottesville.

This. Pointing out one thing that a single person could do on their own or even a false flag vs hundreds dressed like Trump yelling blood and soul and Jews won't replace us. I'm tired of that kind of stuff. from alt right non conservatives
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-16, 17:20

If you find yourself more upset when statues get vandalized than you do when an unarmed black man, teen, or child is shot and killed by a police officer, or when an enraged man uses his car to run over a white woman counter-protesting a white supremacist march, then it's well past time to examine your belief system.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 17:46

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Really.  It's awesome.  Happy for you.

This.  Pointing out one thing that a single person could do on their own or even a false flag vs hundreds dressed like Trump yelling blood and soul and Jews won't replace us.   I'm tired of that kind of stuff. from alt right non conservatives
Oh its all bullshit to justify... what exactly? Who even fucking knows. It's what makes goose a terrible fucking person though.

Hey. Goose. Guess what asshole. Your republican heros don't give a single fuck about abortion. The whole thing has been a lie the whole time to get you to vote for them. They are never going to do anything about it because without it you won't vote. Good job idiot. Fuck you though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-16, 18:43

Damn it Travis, just get to the point.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-16, 18:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

This.  Pointing out one thing that a single person could do on their own or even a false flag vs hundreds dressed like Trump yelling blood and soul and Jews won't replace us.   I'm tired of that kind of stuff. from alt right non conservatives
Oh its all bullshit to justify... what exactly? Who even fucking knows. It's what makes goose a terrible fucking person though.

Hey. Goose. Guess what asshole. Your republican heros don't give a single fuck about abortion. The whole thing has been a lie the whole time to get you to vote for them. They are never going to do anything about it because without it you won't vote. Good job idiot. Fuck you though.

You ok?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-16, 19:08

kingstonlake wrote:

You ok?
Yeah I'm good. I'm just pretty fed up with dipshits that vote on issues that the guys they vote for literally wag their finger at. Then do it again next time because they're fucking blind and don't realize they're being laughed at.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-16, 19:31

kingstonlake wrote:

You ok?

It's aggravating. Just come out and say you're racist or you believe the majority of a race acts a certain way so we can talk straight up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-16, 20:54

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

You ok?

It's aggravating. Just come out and say you're racist or you believe the majority of a race acts a certain way so we can talk straight up.

I don't know if Trump is a racist. I know he knows what sells. I guess I look at it this way. I'm 100% positive Trump is a coward. Flat out chicken shit pussy. Everything about him says so. How he incites others, how he tells others to rough people up, not be so nice. Sue's everybody. So I think he's to big a coward to be an actual racist. He just let's everyone else do it for him. So in a way, his cowardice saves him. He's actually got quite the racket going.

The only people he's actually shown aggression towards are women.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-16, 21:26

Trump is a racist. If he and his father weren't the DOJ wouldn't have indicted his father, him and their real estate company for violation of the Federal Civil Rights statutes refusing to rent Federally subsidized housing to people of color.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/319788-fbi-releases-documents-related-to-trump-apartment-discrimination-case
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-18, 10:23

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump is a racist. If he and his father weren't the DOJ wouldn't have indicted his father, him and their real estate company for violation of the Federal Civil Rights statutes refusing to rent Federally subsidized housing to people of color.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/319788-fbi-releases-documents-related-to-trump-apartment-discrimination-case

Some pretty solid proof of racism in that article. Thanks for the link.

Within the FBI’s newly released documents, totaling 389 pages, are notes by law enforcement and numerous interviews with Trump Management Co. employees and management, in addition to tenants of the building.

Many of the interviewees said that they had never seen any discrimination against African-Americans or Puerto Ricans.

One tenant told FBI investigators that “it was obvious that she had not been discriminated against since she, in fact, a Negro female, had been rented an apartment” at one of the buildings owned by Trump Management Co., documents say.

Other employees and tenants offered up observations of “Negros, Puerto Ricans and Orientals” living in the buildings.

And the government settled for a consent decree....yep that's some solid proof.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-18, 10:25

Keep supporting these fools......

Why the statue-smashers will never stop

Conservatives and President Trump warned the vandalism of Confederate monuments was a slippery slope. Liberals scoffed.

Matthew Yglesias had a piece at Vox titled “The huge problem with Trump comparing Robert E. Lee to George Washington.” Writing in The Washington Post, David A. Bell decried Trump’s “moral relativism” and an NBC News story by Dartunorro Clark interviewed several historians who confidently declared Washington and Jefferson aren’t in any danger.

The differences were so obvious, we were told, that common sense would prevail. It was the triumph of hope over experience. Anyone who doesn’t line up with current progressive social mores is out. The war isn’t on history; it’s on anything that isn’t specifically leftist — now, today, subject to change tomorrow.

Example: The Cumberland Coun­ty school board in Fayetteville, NC, recently canceled an environmental program that used an image of the Marquis de Lafayette in its promotional materials. Why? Because Lafayette owned slaves.

Never mind that Lafayette had purchased the slaves in order to free them or that he was an avid abolitionist who had influenced George Washington to free his own slaves upon his death.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-18, 10:32

LooseGoose wrote:Keep supporting these fools......

Why the statue-smashers will never stop

Conservatives and President Trump warned the vandalism of Confederate monuments was a slippery slope. Liberals scoffed.

Matthew Yglesias had a piece at Vox titled “The huge problem with Trump comparing Robert E. Lee to George Washington.” Writing in The Washington Post, David A. Bell decried Trump’s “moral relativism” and an NBC News story by Dartunorro Clark interviewed several historians who confidently declared Washington and Jefferson aren’t in any danger.

The differences were so obvious, we were told, that common sense would prevail. It was the triumph of hope over experience. Anyone who doesn’t line up with current progressive social mores is out. The war isn’t on history; it’s on anything that isn’t specifically leftist — now, today, subject to change tomorrow.

Example: The Cumberland Coun­ty school board in Fayetteville, NC, recently canceled an environmental program that used an image of the Marquis de Lafayette in its promotional materials. Why? Because Lafayette owned slaves.

Never mind that Lafayette had purchased the slaves in order to free them or that he was an avid abolitionist who had influenced George Washington to free his own slaves upon his death.

Keep supporting Trump and his "very fine people".

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next