Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumors flying that Pence might be withdrawing as VP

+8
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
P Rob
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
12 posters

Go down

Rumors flying that Pence might be withdrawing as VP Empty Rumors flying that Pence might be withdrawing as VP

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 00:34

No story to report, but social media is all atwitter. Further, Reince Priebus has scheduled a conference call for tomorrow for Party committee members (which might also be about redirecting $$$), and Pence has canceled a trip to NJ that has been scheduled for tomorrow.

Pence is the best thing Trump has going for him. He really is done if Pence walks. I've been telling friends all weekend to keep their eyes on Pence to see if he stays on the ticket. I might actually be right for once on one of these things, though it's probably a long shot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Rumors flying that Pence might be withdrawing as VP Empty Re: Rumors flying that Pence might be withdrawing as VP

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-10, 05:13

Rumors flying that Pence might be withdrawing as VP 64800192
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Rumors flying that Pence might be withdrawing as VP Empty Re: Rumors flying that Pence might be withdrawing as VP

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-10, 08:54

tGreenWay wrote:No story to report, but social media is all atwitter. Further, Reince Priebus has scheduled a conference call for tomorrow for Party committee members (which might also be about redirecting $$$), and Pence has canceled a trip to NJ that has been scheduled for tomorrow.

Pence is the best thing Trump has going for him. He really is done if Pence walks. I've been telling friends all weekend to keep their eyes on Pence to see if he stays on the ticket. I might actually be right for once on one of these things, though it's probably a long shot.

The only way he walks is if he knows there are more Trump tapes coming out.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-10, 09:05

Pence, at 57, is middle age for politicians like governors, US Senators and people seeking to be US President. WOTS was his chances of winnng his GOP primary and then being re-elected as governor were not a slam dunk so he accepted Trump's invite.

I think he truly thought Trump had a shot of winning and worst case GOP voters would get to know Mike Pence so in 2019-2020 when he was 60-61 he would be known nationally for a run for the GOP nomination.

The way things look now, if he quits he will enrage some Republicans and his decision to be on the ticket with Trump will be used by others seeking the 2020 nomination to question his judgement.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 09:18

I suspect he would like to.. he probably sees his political light flickering in the wind.. but he's just as dangerous - if not moreso - than Trump, though. He's just more polished.

I read over the weekend someone said "Donald Trump is the face of your rapist.. and Mike Pence is the judge who allowed him to get off"... reminds me of the vile human from Stanford that sexually assaulted the one young lady and basically got a pat on the back from the judge... I guess it was just locker room talk... and the young lady was asking for it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-10-10, 09:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I suspect he would like to.. he probably sees his political light flickering in the wind.. but he's just as dangerous - if not moreso - than Trump, though. He's just more polished.

I read over the weekend someone said "Donald Trump is the face of your rapist.. and Mike Pence is the judge who allowed him to get off"... reminds me of the vile human from Stanford that sexually assaulted the one young lady and basically got a pat on the back from the judge... I guess it was just locker room talk... and the young lady was asking for it.

Typical talking points from an angry racist.

Does it get tiring calling every conservative "dangerous"?
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 09:50

P Rob wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I suspect he would like to.. he probably sees his political light flickering in the wind.. but he's just as dangerous - if not moreso - than Trump, though. He's just more polished.

Typical talking points from an angry racist.

Does it get tiring calling every conservative "dangerous"?  
link, please.

(it's okay if you can't provide one.. you can just admit you're wrong.. I don't even need or want an apology).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-10, 09:55

Bobby must have had a bad weekend - came in here this morning being an asshole on an even larger scale than normal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 09:57

LooseGoose wrote:Bobby must have had a bad weekend - came in here this morning being an asshole on an even larger scale than normal.
Vote Here to Ban Bob Sak
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 10:02

Pence said this a.m. that the rumors are false. I flat out don't believe him. I think he spent the weekend trying to decide what to do.

BTW, the producer of the first two seasons of The Apprentice says there are more tapes out there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 10:06

tGreenWay wrote:Pence said this a.m. that the rumors are false. I flat out don't believe him. I think he spent the weekend trying to decide what to do.

BTW, the producer of the first two seasons of The Apprentice says there are more tapes out there.
I suspect if more tapes of sexual assault admissions comes out.. or anything even approaching such a disgusting, repulsive character sketch of Trump comes out - that even someone with the ethical compass of Pence might decide enough is enough.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 10:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Pence said this a.m. that the rumors are false. I flat out don't believe him. I think he spent the weekend trying to decide what to do.

I suspect if more tapes of sexual assault admissions comes out.. or anything even approaching such a disgusting, repulsive character sketch of Trump comes out - that even someone with the ethical compass of Pence might decide enough is enough.

I don't know if Trump owns the Apprentice. If it's his show, those tapes won't see the light of day. If they belong to the network, there's a chance.

Meanwhile, Pence might have too much of Trump's stink on him to catapult into front runner status in '20, should HRC win.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-10, 10:47

tGreenWay wrote:I don't know if Trump owns the Apprentice.  If it's his show, those tapes won't see the light of day. If they belong to the network, there's a chance.  

If you ran NBC and you let those tapes out you should be fired.  Why?   Because of the shareholder value you'd destroy.   As a reporter wouldn't your 1st question be:  "Why did you continue to pay Mr. Trump his salary and air his show knowing that's how he treated women?".   A valid question and an enormous mess for NBC, they must know that unless they're very lucky it's already coming.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-10, 10:50

Who will protect the shareholders?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 10:55

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I don't know if Trump owns the Apprentice.  If it's his show, those tapes won't see the light of day. If they belong to the network, there's a chance.  

If you ran NBC and you let those tapes out you should be fired.  Why?   Because of the shareholder value you'd destroy.   As a reporter wouldn't your 1st question be:  "Why did you continue to pay Mr. Trump his salary and air his show knowing that's how he treated women?".   A valid question and an enormous mess for NBC, they must know that unless they're very lucky it's already coming.

Yep. I think the only way the tapes get out are if somebody leaks them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-10, 10:55

That probably wouldn't be my first question Goose considering the guy is presently running for president. Maybe my 8th question or so. Maybe I'd worry about that more in December.

And shareholder value? Come on brah. These are shareholders. If you want to appease them all you have to say is...

Reporter "why did you keep him employed?"
NBC- "he made us a fuckton of money at the time."
Shareholder "we good."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 10:59

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I don't know if Trump owns the Apprentice. If it's his show, those tapes won't see the light of day. If they belong to the network, there's a chance.

Meanwhile, Pence might have too much of Trump's stink on him to catapult into front runner status in '20, should HRC win.
with the mainstream media and the networks being in Trump's corner - and needing a close race for ratings - they'll protect him as much as possible. You can only sexually assault so many people, though, before the general public public starts to grow a bit weary of you.

of course, the deplorables will always support him. In fact, sexually assaulting people only makes them grow fonder of you.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-10, 11:08

Think I read NBC owns them and there's a $5 million penalty if leaked. I'm sure Hillary has many donors that'll scratch that check.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 11:11

kingstonlake wrote:Think I read NBC owns them and there's a $5 million penalty if leaked. I'm sure Hillary has many donors that'll scratch that check.
let's hope for the sake of humanity this occurs.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-10, 11:13

kingstonlake wrote:Think I read NBC owns them and there's a $5 million penalty if leaked. I'm sure Hillary has many donors that'll scratch that check.

Who gets the $5 million?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-10-10, 11:39

Lying liars.............
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-10, 11:57

TheReal_LWS wrote:Lying liars.............

Is that like a double negative? So lying liars are telling the truth?

Sidebar: What country are you moving to when Hilldawg becomes the next POTUS?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 13:15

What am I lying about?

Fact: Rumors on the internet that Pence was quitting.
Fact: Mike Pence says he's not quitting.
Fact: Producer from seasons 1 & 2 of The Apprenctice tweets there are more damaging tapes out there, wherever out there is.
Fact: I don't know who holds ownership of those tapes.

Tell me what I lied about or STFU.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-10, 13:23

If true, tapes are not going to get out.

What could the “far worse” be? Turns out it could be Trump saying “******,” at least according to another television executive who wrote on Twitter that anyone who leaked tapes would have to pay a $5 million “leak fee.”

I don't have the tapes. I've signed a Burnett contract & know leak fee is 5 mill. Hearing from producers/crew N word is the "much worse".

— Chris Nee (@chrisdocnee) October 9, 2016
That "leak fee" is precisely why those tapes may never come to light. Mark Burnett, the producer of the Apprentice, is very protective of the footage. He “is pro-Trump and has made clear to his teams that he will sue anyone who leaks,” a source told BuzzFeed News.

One thing we know for sure? NBC won’t be releasing anything. A spokeswoman for the network told the Associated Press that NBC had only licensed footage from Burnett and the network wasn’t legally allowed to release anything that didn't air. "We don't have the legal right to give out the footage from that show," the NBC spokeswoman said.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/09/is_there_apprentice_footage_of_donald_trump_saying_the_n_word.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-10, 13:23

tGreenWay wrote:

What am I lying about?

Fact: Producer from seasons 1 & 2 of The Apprenctice tweets there are more damaging tapes out there, wherever out there is.
Fact:  I don't know who holds ownership of those tapes.

Fake Bee is kinda upset that there won't be a racist, sexist president in the White House any time soon.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 13:27

Turtleneck wrote:If true, tapes are not going to get out.

What could the “far worse” be? Turns out it could be Trump saying “******,” at least according to another television executive who wrote on Twitter that anyone who leaked tapes would have to pay a $5 million “leak fee.”

I don't have the tapes. I've signed a Burnett contract & know leak fee is 5 mill. Hearing from producers/crew N word is the "much worse".

That "leak fee" is precisely why those tapes may never come to light. Mark Burnett, the producer of the Apprentice, is very protective of the footage. He “is pro-Trump and has made clear to his teams that he will sue anyone who leaks,” a source told BuzzFeed News.

One thing we know for sure? NBC won’t be releasing anything. A spokeswoman for the network told the Associated Press that NBC had only licensed footage from Burnett and the network wasn’t legally allowed to release anything that didn't air. "We don't have the legal right to give out the footage from that show," the NBC spokeswoman said.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/09/is_there_apprentice_footage_of_donald_trump_saying_the_n_word.html
yep - as I predicted and as they've demonstrated all along, the mainstream media will do anything and everything to protect Trump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-10, 13:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What am I lying about?

Fake Bee is kinda upset that there won't be a racist, sexist president in the White House any time soon.

I remember when the old LWS used to talk about freedom. The new LWS desperately needs to be ruled.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 13:38

Turtleneck wrote:If true, tapes are not going to get out.

Seems legit, and if Burnett has the tapes, and he's that supportive of Trump, then those tapes might not exist anymore. It would be cool to have a Burnett employee leak them, then, as someone said above, get help from the outside to pay the fine. We know Larry Flynt is always good for a mil on these things.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 13:40

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I remember when the old LWS used to talk about freedom. The new LWS desperately needs to be ruled.

He's too distracted trying to keep his massive incandescent lightbulb inventory in order to realize he's a sheep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-10-10, 13:56

Withdrawing as in using the contraceptive form known as the pull-n-pray?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-10-10, 14:10

tGreenWay wrote:

What am I lying about?

Fact: I don't know who holds ownership of those tapes.

Liar. Go walk on I94. I'll hang up and listen.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-10, 14:15

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What am I lying about?

Liar. Go walk on I94. I'll hang up and listen.

This response is too dumb to decipher. Please try again.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down